[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

APOSIMZ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

No thread for the new Nihei? Who here has given it a read?

It's looking pretty neato, largely the same as other Nihei shit but the feel is a little different. I for one am excited for the monthly simulpub, thanks Kodansha.

Also, possible Sidonia tie-in? /spoiler]
>>
>>15278540
I have

it looks a bit more fun than Sidonia but seriously, fuck his new oekaki moeshit artstyle

I've lost faith in him
>>
>>15278550
still better than the samederpfaces
>>
>>15278582

this desu
>>
>>15278582
>>15278586
No it's not.
It's really not better. You see, the samefaces at least had the advantage of fitting the atmosphere and tone of his earlier manga.

Moeshit character designs just don't work here. It looks like the kind of "teehee creepy cute it's the post-apocalypse but everyone's moe!" bullshit you'd expect from mallgoth girls who grew up on Invader Zim and started taking art classes.
>>
File: aposimz-04.jpg (126KB, 1280x700px) Image search: [Google]
aposimz-04.jpg
126KB, 1280x700px
>>15278599
Sure it runs the risk of being a little much sometimes, but I kinda like it so far in Aposimz
>>
>>15278599
>You see, the samefaces at least had the advantage of fitting the atmosphere and tone of his earlier manga.
No they didn't they were just shitty derp faces that looked like they were copypasted
>>
>>15278644
No you blind fuck, they were just basic 90s-serious-manga faces. "they looked derpy" is just a meme that circulated here for a few months, nobody had any problem with them before someone found it'd be funny to call them that (might be you for all I know).

And they didn't look similar enough for it to be a problem, considering that all his character designs were very different from each other. Not to mention that there were shitloads of secondary characters with very distinctive faces.

The reason why he made faces more varied in the main cast of Sidonia is because THEY WEAR UNIFORMS so their faces have to be distinguishable. But varied faces aren't inherently a good thing.

In fact, they're a bad thing when they don't fit the tone of the story. In Sidonia there's a lot of slice of life and comedy elements so it's okay, but with Aposimz he's back to gritty post-apocalyptic horror survival scifi, so baby faces are no longer appropriate.

How hard is that to understand?

Do you REALLY love the "derpface" meme so much that you're willing to deny that his artstyle is worse than it used to be?

get a grip, man.
>>
File: C0Mg5UvUkAATFOB.jpg (488KB, 2048x1334px) Image search: [Google]
C0Mg5UvUkAATFOB.jpg
488KB, 2048x1334px
>>15278675
I think you nailed it, the tone of Aposimz doesn't mesh with the art style and it's a turn off.
>>
>>15278675
Holy fuck this some high quality autism. No wonder you like those derpfaces.
>>
>>15278540
His art went down the shitter after he went full digital.

Nigger forgot what black is contrast is fucking important just look at Miuras everything.
>>
File: 1487958853469.jpg (307KB, 713x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487958853469.jpg
307KB, 713x1024px
thoughts on these designs?
>>
>>15278780
that lo-grade comeback doesn't hide your embarrassment, you meme-loving fuck.

You should take it like a man and admit your mistake instead of entrenching yourself into it.
>>
File: 1487993149754.jpg (2MB, 2146x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1487993149754.jpg
2MB, 2146x3056px
>>15278790
>>
>>15278790
They're nice designs, but I'd like to see them drawn by Tsutomu Nihei, instead of a random no-name 2ch oekaki drawfag who's been around on pixiv for two years tops.
>>
File: e8a.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
e8a.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
>>15278796
>>15278780
Hey goys do we really need to be nasty over the subtlties of literal cartoons? It's okay to like different things!
>>
>>15278796
And you still keep going with the autism. Could it be that you also have a derp face in real life? I mean the only way people would like them is if they self inserted into them.
>>
>>15278807
Isn't that official Nihei art though?
>>
>>15278811
Don't tell me, tell it to the goyim over here that got triggered
>>
>>15278816
It is, he's just salty that they don't look derpy anymore
>>
>>15278814
oh you were just trolling all along.
My mistake, I thought you actually believed some of the shit you wrote.

Pretty crazy huh?
>>
>>15278802
>>15278790
I think they're a neat concept, and all the guana-esque aesthetic and terminology gets me hoping for a joint universe
>>
>>15278816
Hes just sperging out anonm pay no mind
>>
The faces don't bother me at all.
>>
>>15278816
Yes, he's just being facetious.
>>
>>15278818
goyim is plural
>>15278826
>le salty
>le autism
>le derpy
>le goyimses
fuck, man, do you make it a point to only express yourself with moudly-ass old memes?

Is inducing le cringe with clumsy memery just a part of your ebin trolling strategy?
>>
>>15278840
>goyim is plural
Of you course (((you))) would know

>fuck, man, do you make it a point to only express yourself with moudly-ass old memes?
>Is inducing le cringe with clumsy memery just a part of your ebin trolling strategy?
Well it's been working fine, you've given me all these (you)s just because you can't accept his faces improved
>>
>>15278599
whats wrong with invader zim
>>
>>15278827
>My mistake, I thought you actually believed some of the shit you wrote.
It's not that I believe it or not, it's the fact that Nihei's new faces are objectively better than his old samederpfaces.
>>
>>15278832
This is sort of a common thing in his work, like Toha Heavy Industries and whatnot. The first time he did "Gauna" was actually Abara.
>>
>>15278845
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoRaYgqKMkg
>>
Jesus Christ, /m/ is shit.
>>
>>15278845
and boy I'm sure you're glad to have all these (you)s

Just like I'm sure you're glad to let everyone know that you're just a honest-to-god prankster and not a blind cunt who got embarrassed when his opinion was proven wrong as fuck.

now THIS
>>15278851
is genuine trolling. It's a bit transparent but less so than your weak attempts to make us believe that you aren't ashamed of yourself.
>>
>>15278875
>Just like I'm sure you're glad to let everyone know that you're just a honest-to-god prankster and not a blind cunt who got embarrassed when his opinion was proven wrong as fuck.
Oh yes, I was proven wrong, not they guy that unironically used the word "moeblob" as a criticism

Keep being salty please, the (You)s are greats
>>
>>15278880
Oh sorry, you said "moeshit", that's an even more hilarious word
>>
>>15278852
No, not objectively. Relatively to a set of goals that, unfortunately, do not stand on their own and aren't adapted to the more general goal he set for himself (the type of manga he's now making)

cause here's the thing: a well-drawn cutesy babyface in a serious manga is objectively less good than a slightly clumsily-drawn serious face in that same manga.

That's common sense at this point but you're just being blinded by the "objective" value of consistently-drawn 3-dimensional faces. As if Nihei was an art student and you were his teacher.
>>
>>15278888
So what did you think of Oyasumi Punpun?
>>
>>15278880
Stating the truth with a sarcastic tone doesn't even count as damage control at this point.

You're straight up shooting yourself in the foot by showing everyone that even the first "hilarious word"-using fag can prove you wrong and call you out on your shit time after time.

I'm not even doing this for other people, everyone can clearly see that you're in the wrong, I'm doing this for you. You should be thanking me.
>>
>>15278898
tearjerker for vapid emo kids who spam skinny asians in "palewave" threads on /fa/ and genuinely think Slint - Spiderland is cool shit.
The art is perfectly appropriate for this.
>>
>>15278888
nice get but is there a point to you two shitting up the thread with pointless shit?
>>
>>15278909
I'm trying to educate him, it's a public service of sorts.

and I'm doing it for free!
>>
>>15278900
>I'm not even doing this for other people, everyone can clearly see that you're in the wrong, I'm doing this for you. You should be thanking me.
Pfffft HAHAHAHAHAHA this is best autistic thing I've read so far, it even has a touch of edgyness. GG dude you really make me laugh, keep my (you)s they're all yours
>>
>>15278919
Gotta love those thinly-disguised ragequits.
>>
>>15278916
You're so funny I'm actually gonna start calling you derpy. And I know I'll be using that a lot since you'll keep apearing in every nihei to say how moeshit his art is
>>
>>15278924
>says the guy that keeps telling himself he won the arguement
Sure thing derpy
>>
>>15278853
I guess that's true, and the Aposimz here doesn't look much like the one in Sidonia at all
>>
>>15278925
Oh but I won't need to, memeboi, because, as you know, I've already won the argument, and I've successfully driven shame into you. In the next threads you'll be thinking back about your behavior with even more embarrassment and you'll stop yourself without needing me to rub your little nose into your shit.

any last stale meme you wanna throw at me?
>>
>>15278959
Damn derpy, do you ever stop to think about how much autism your sperging? I guess not, since you keep giving me all these (you)s
>>
Sidonia was proof that Nihei only knows how to do one thing and can't write a real story to save his life. He's good at unsettling cyberpunk and biotech, but not very good at much else.
>>
>>15278969
ah, I was hoping for "u mad bro?" but "sperging" will do.

"U mad" must have transcended staleness and reached a classic status I guess.
>>
>>15278974
I was hoping that you would regain some of you humanity back but that doesn't seem to be the case. Welp, just try not to get high pressure from all that salt derpy ;^)
>>
>>15278970
>Sidonia was proof that Nihei only knows how to do one thing and can't write a real story to save his life. He's good at unsettling cyberpunk and biotech, but not very good at much else.

Nihei was good at drawing, but that went out the window with Sidonia. This new manga confirms the guys has completely lost it. It's kind of worse than Shirow, at least horse-cock guy had the excuse of the earthquake that destroyed his life's work. Nihei doesn't have that kind of existential crisis, so why the fuck has he abandoned what he did best ?
>>
Wasn't "Aposimz" the name of the other seed ship in Sidonia? It was like the last one they ever heard from several hundred years before the series starts.
>>
>>15278983
His daughter saying she liked Attack of Titan over Sidonia.
>>
>>15278983

His daughter, which I think he cited once as the main reason he wrote manga in the first place, called Sidonia boring and said stuff like Attack on Titan and Sword Art Online was much better.
>>
>>15279005
confirmed for shit taste
nothing to see here
>>
>>15279000
>>15278953
>>
File: Abara_c01_p32.jpg (154KB, 728x1073px) Image search: [Google]
Abara_c01_p32.jpg
154KB, 728x1073px
>>15278983
>so why the fuck has he abandoned what he did bes

Digital made him get lazy that's all.
>>
>>15278616
I was pleasantly surprised that Nihei was able to make expressions that didn't involve the face being consistently symmetrical
>>
>>15279000

Nihei does that all the time. Toha/TOA Heavy Industries appears somewhere in all of his work. The people who could create bone weapons in Abara were called Gauna. I think the idea is to imply that all of his work is connected, but the only two series that have been confirmed to take place in the same universe are Blame! and NOiSE.
>>
>>15279781
I think he mentioned that it's all alternate realities, but Toha Heavy Industries is one constant throughout, possibly even being the same entity in every incarnation (Blame established alternate realities pretty early on in its run).
>>
>>15279781

There's other shared stuff in this, too. The "Regular Frame" people have skin/armor made of "placenta" (ena) and are powered by Haighs (Heigus) particles. They're a lot like Sidonia's gauna.

This guy >>1527879, who I assume is the main protagonist, has a weapon called an EBTG in his arm that looks and functions like Killy's GBE gun.
>>
>>15280422
>has a weapon called an EBTG in his arm that looks and functions like Killy's GBE gun.

But his arm gun looks to shoot a solid projectile, not a beam.
>>
>>15278983
whats this about horsecock guy?
>>
>>15278540
>reading Nihei after how Sidonia ended
Nah I'll be ok
>>
>>15278540
It's not called Aposimz.

It's called Ningyo no Kuni(Doll land)

Aposimz is just the subtitle
>>
>>15283452
>butthurt shipperfags

Or are you one of the retards that didn't understand Sidonia was not the story about fighting the big bad aliens but just people living their lives?
>>
>>15283488

Sidonia started as "fighting the big bad aliens," then Nihei didn't know how to stretch it into a story of that length, so it became harem shenanigans from the second quarter onward.

It should have ended after the Benisuzume arc.
>>
Why are people getting autistic all of a sudden about Nihei's art degradation? Sidonia started in 2009. You've had nearly a decade to either acclimate or stop reading his manga.
>>
>>15283479
Oh really? Weird. I was honestly just going off the kindle title when I made the thread, thanks.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.