[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getter Robo Anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault_getter.jpg (137KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault_getter.jpg
137KB, 1280x1024px
As someone who's really new to /m/, I keep hearing this Getter thing is good. Is there a good anime I can start with friends?
>>
>>15278461
Read the manga, then feel free to watch any of the OVAs
>>
>>15278461
Watch Armageddon.
>>
>>15278461
Start with Armageddon, it is its own thing, very accessible even to people who aren't familiar with robots.
>>
>>15278461
Armageddon is pretty good for a group watch, though SvN might not be a bad option if you're short on time. Aside from that, I would also recommend you read the manga, though that doesn't work so well for a group setting.
>>
>>15278461
Try the original anime, too!

It isn't as dated as some of the other earlier robot shows, and if you're new to /m/, the 70s is a really good decade to start with. Gundam starts in the 70s as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhjds5BtY68
>>
>>15278461
Read the manga.
>>
>>15278461
You can try watching Armageddon first. Despite it having some scenes and info taken from the manga, it usually helps at getting interest with Getter than going straight to the manga.

First time I read the first manga, I got bored until I went through all of it and it became my favorite mecha series. Now rereading the first part made me love it a lot.
>>
File: BnvBMHr.jpg (589KB, 1521x1512px) Image search: [Google]
BnvBMHr.jpg
589KB, 1521x1512px
>>15278461
Also if you're interested with the manga, then here's the order.
>>
IMO New Getter is best for first time viewers since it's much more straightforward.
>>
>>15278724
the original anime has nothing on any of the later ones except for sheer number of episodes. it's quantity over quality
>>
>>15278461
The manga is garbage, but Armageddon can be enjoyable if you turm your brain off.
>>
>>15279258
man, that wall can't be built soon enough
>>
Armageddon is lit but I'd start with the original manga
>>
>>15279326
Yes, so you getter fans can go back ;^)
>>
Im watching Shin Getter, its my first.
>>
>>15279161
Is there a chart like that for Mazinger?
>>
Why was Go the "main" pilot of his trio when Kei was clearly the important and interesting one?
>>
>>15281969
Big penis
>>
>>15279251
Have you seen it? I disagree heavily, and it's a matter of opinion in any case.
>>
>>15278461
This is the best thread I can think of to ask this topic.

I currently am not in a position to torrent so I have to stream my anime. Does anyone know where I can watch Toei Getter? The place I usually watch anime has some subs apparently made on /m/ but large stretches of the episodes are unsubbed or has very awkward subs.
>>
>>15278461
>I keep hearing this Getter thing is good.
You've been misled
>>
Welp, I've seen pretty much zero useful consensus on here. Guess I'll look for something else.
>>
>>15286925
Bullshit zero useful consensus.
>>
>>15286925
I bunch of people said to watch Armageddon.
>>15278490
>>15278492
>>15278598
>>15279156
>>
>>15278461
If you're stupid enough to post this picture and not realize where to start with, there's nothing we can do for you, to be honest. Go watch moeshit.
>>
File: you hear you lose.jpg (39KB, 635x434px) Image search: [Google]
you hear you lose.jpg
39KB, 635x434px
got my friend into getter and other shows after i showed him this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaJw6lqGFew
>>
>>15287825
so cringe, so edge
>>
>>15286988
I also saw someone say it was lit and someone else say it was good if you turn your brain off, which I fucking hate, and no one disagreed. So if this is a show I'll only like if I'm not thinking then I'll find something else.

And by my count the actual consensus is to read the manga, which ISN'T useful.
>>
>>15289594
Read the manga, retardo.
>>
>>15289594
>it was good if you turn your brain off, which I fucking hate
Then don't watch fucking Super Robot shows.
>>
>>15289594
>else say it was good if you turn your brain off
Yeah and that person is wrong. General consensus is literally you can either read the manga or start with Armageddon.

Fuck it I'M going to tell you right now, as one of the bigger autists for this series on this board, the best way to experience Getter is watch Armageddon > read the manga > watch SvN > watch New. If you don't, oh well you miss out watching a great series and one of the pillars of mecha. Ultimately no one really cares what you do or don't watch.
>>
>>15289960
Damn, that's almost the exact order I did, but I watched SvN before I read the manga.

I hope Toei Getter will get de-crabbed soon.
>>
>>15289982
I think SvN is better appreciated after having read Go, and I also think reading the manga right after Armageddon gives you a stronger appreciation for Armageddon and the little nods here and there. SvN also feels like it expects you to know more about Getter what with Musashi's scene at the start, meeting Sho, and just general more overt references.

There are noncrab subs that exist to my understanding but they are a mix of not very good or hard to find.
>>
>>15281938
Mazinger->Great Mazinger->Mazinkaiser
Not complicated
>>
>>15289960
>Fuck it I'M going to tell you right now, as one of the bigger autists for this series on this board, the best way to experience Getter is watch Armageddon > read the manga

You're a fucking idiot and have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>15290019
>There are noncrab subs that exist to my understanding but they are a mix of not very good or hard to find.

Nope. For the original series, it's up to 33/53.

Caffin picked it up where /m/subs left off but subninjas are dangerous opponents. They did 14 episodes over 4 years before disbanding. A year later they announced they reformed, released another episode and said there would be more episodes soon. That was almost a year ago, they've been silent since.

Getter Robo G has been left at 11/42 where /m/subs stopped 7 years ago.
>>
In all honesty, New Getter Robo is a good place to start.
>>
>>15289594
>I also saw someone say it was lit
And?

> and someone else say it was good if you turn your brain off, which I fucking hate, and no one disagreed
Probably because everyone here is at least smart enough to not respond to an idiot who was most likely just fishing for (You)s. Or at least, that's why I didn't.

>which ISN'T useful
How?
>>
>>15289594
if you're watching giant robots, you'll have to turn off you brain anyway.

Even Gundam is quite retarded and you would lose nothing by turning your brain off.
>>
>>15290695
Tell me one fictional work that isn't retarded. Fact is, anything less than reality is retarded.
>>
>>15290857
Easy. Anything that doesn't involve giant robots, giant monsters, super heroes and other dumbshit that people like.

I don't have anything against it, but don't pretend it's some high art or something. Most nips who produce this kind of garbage lack any kind of real world experience. It's a country run by manchildren for manchildren.
>>
>>15290880
>Easy. Anything that doesn't involve giant robots, giant monsters, super heroes and other dumbshit that people like.
Wrong.
>Most nips who produce this kind of garbage lack any kind of real world experience. It's a country run by manchildren for manchildren.
Wrong. Most of the prominent figures of mecha are people who lived through WWII and post-war Japan and lived very full lives which led them to become humanists with sci-fi as their creative vehicle.
>>
>>15290892
>nips
>humans
nice joke
>>
>>15290857
Reality is pretty retarded, though.
>>
>>15290915

Truth is stranger than fiction, etc., etc.
>>
>>15290880
This is one of the stupidest posts I've read in awhile.
>>
>>15289594
Listen if you don't somewhat turn your brain off with these types of shows you are just going to be fucking pissed at everything that is happening because you will want immediate explanations.

I don't give a shit if you want some fucking show that will make you think, you are watching mecha anime.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.