[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evangelion is probably the most entry level Mecha anime ever.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_8546.jpg (25KB, 245x219px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8546.jpg
25KB, 245x219px
Evangelion is probably the most entry level Mecha anime ever.
>>
>>15277194
And yet most of /m/ still don't understand it.
>>
>>15277194
The Catcher In The Rye of Anime in general
>>
>>15277265
Don't insult Evangelion like that. Eva isn't THAT overrated.
>>
>>15277298
Yes, yes it is
>>
>>15277194

> starting a new viewer of the genre on a subversion of common mecha tropes

You're an idiot. Eva is best viewed after you have watched a few other mecha shows and have built up an expectation on how these things are normally supposed to play out. It loses a lot if watched in a vacuum.
>>
Evangelion is both overrated and underrated
it's an above average robo show (at least imo) that through years of popularity has become very much love-it-or-hate-it.
Though I'm sure there are a lot of people that thought it was alright and just don't talk about it
>>
Agree.
It's the "I need people to think I'm deep" anime.
I've know of people who think they're big shit just because they mention the name.
>>
>>15277319
I guess that's a good way of looking at it. I started with Eva after watching TTGL and Getter Robo Armageddon and it was surprising at the time I watched it, but now it's just boring to me. It didn't have the same effect as it used to have on me.
>>
File: Ramiel_(NGE).png (970KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ramiel_(NGE).png
970KB, 960x720px
>>15277194
*Laughs geometrically*
>>
File: eva.jpg (104KB, 768x1000px) Image search: [Google]
eva.jpg
104KB, 768x1000px
>>15277194
if by entry level you mean F*** you level then sure

P.S: (talking about the viewers not op)
>>
>>15277319
>Evangelion is both overrated and underratedit's an above average robo show (at least imo) that through years of popularity has become very much love-it-or-hate-it.Though I'm sure there are a lot of people that thought it was alright and just don't talk about it

Evangelion was cool shit in 1995 up until the early 2000. Nowadays it's way past its sell date. The reason being that the themes of Evangelion might have been a novelty in 1995, but today they simply don't carry that kind of resonance. Today Evangelion has degenerated into a moe-making machine. That is it. Anno has no fucking clue how to redo Evanglion simply because his original critiscism of Japan's youth is out of date. Trying to redo the same shit won't carry the same weight, and that is why 3.33 was such nonsense and he went to do other more productive things that have nothing to do with Evangelion.
>>
>>15277194
I want to make that girl my wife
>>
>>15277455
Yeah I was specifically talking about the show and EoE. I really couldn't give less of a shit about rebuild.
Also I wouldn't say that the themes in evangelion are dated. Sure, there have been other shows that have touched on the same themes, but they're pretty timeless themes that I think Eva handles pretty well.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.