[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Macross 35... how to make it good.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Maki_cool_r2_t.png (2MB, 1080x1520px) Image search: [Google]
Maki_cool_r2_t.png
2MB, 1080x1520px
Kawamori shouldn't waste effort trying to create a never done before type of main character.

He should just copy things that are maing HUGE success, like Love Live.

If the next Macross has a girl just like Maki as the main character, there is no way it will flop. It will be a huge HUGE success.
>>
do a more serious tone series like Plus or Zero.

No magical singing.

female singer, female pilot, male pilot triangle.

the female singer is a zentradi. When she is micro she sings idol jpop. when she is macro she sings metal.

the female pilot is human and a lesbian.

the male pilot is a zentradi pilot that uses a powered armor suit.

they are both competing for the the singer's affections.

the antagonists is a old Supervision Army fleet. They've been taken over by a rogue AI faction that spun off the Galaxy fleet. The Supervision Army thinks the AIs are the Protodevlin.
>>
>>15274796
Give VFs tomahawks
>>
>>15274796
Maki must pilot a Zaku
>>
>>15275121
You managed to include
>No magical singing
And
>Protodevlin
Into a single wishlist. Wow.
>>
>>15275121
NO! I want moar Idols!
>>
>>15277965
no actual protodevlin. just AIs with super advanced technology manipulating Supervision Army.
>>
>>15280108
>AIs with super advanced technology manipulating Supervision Army
How is this different from magical singing?
>>
>>15274796
>how to make it good
Kill Kawamori.
Then build a time machine and go back to the early early 90's to recruit the sane version of Masamune Shirow for writing and character designs, Shinji Aramaki for mechanical designs, and let Ishikawa direct.
>>
>>15280269
>let Ishikawa direct.
*Imagawa
>>
>>15280277
Yeah, I'd love a Macross with several unrelated characters doing stupid kung-fu shit and VFs that get about 5 minutes of combined screen time.
>>
>>15280292
have fun with you pop idol concerts featuring Yet-Another-VF-24-Derivative
>>
>>15274796
>how to make it good
Let's start with making fandom good. Killing everyone that holds the opinion that every Macross from fere onwards should be a gritty war drama exactly like Macross Plus should be a good start. Whoever believeves that a) action mecha franchise which selling point is having romance and pop music should revolve around troubled war veterans with PTSD and b) Top Gun ripoff with slightly gloomier undertone is a gritty war drama is too retarded to live retarded anyway.
>>
>>15280292
>Yeah, I'd love a Macross with several unrelated characters doing stupid kung-fu shit and VFs that get about 5 minutes of combined screen time.
If hacking can pass for kung-fu for you then you'll like Delta.
>>
What's with /m/ and reposting the exact same threads?
>>
>>15280269
>Shinji Aramaki for mechanical designs
LOL you mean you like bulky mechas that transforms into something that ressembles nothing like an airplane at all?
>>
>>15280269

Those are some very odd and stupid choices for something like this, especially Shirow and Ishikawa.

>>15280292

Better than the alternative.

>>15280847
>LOL

Neck yourself.
>>
>>15274796
It's this thread again. Could you fuck off with your Love Live already, I'm getting tired of it. Making Macross appeal to the lowest common denominator will make it popular, but not necessarily good. The transformer films are pretty popular and pretty /m/, but nobody here mentions them because they're lowest common denominator drivel. If you want to make something good, too bad because there's no magic formula for that. I can't tell you what will make Macross great again, but I can tell you what won't, and it's more moe idolshit.
>>
>>15280249
because girls singing producing Anima Spiritia or BioFold Waves, is not the same as using hypnosis like Sharon Apple or nanotech cybernetics like Galaxy.
>>
I want symmetrical docking VFs.

Honestly, what else can you do with them?
>>
>>15282139
Why not Gattai?
>>
>>15274796
>girl just like Maki as the main character

It could work. It'd be a bit like Macross 7, but instead of LISTEN TO MY SONG, it could be a lot of "INSTALL GENTOO". Maybe she could visit all the nodes of the galactic internet and save them from infestation by using GNU/Linux and the necessary proper permissions sets while fixing various hardware issues.
>>
>>15284059
>INSTALL GENTOO
I know this is a /g/ meme, but what does Love Live's Maki have to do with it?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.