[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

Why?
>>
Nadesico was always trying to be edgy, it just also used to try and be funny.
>>
The 90's.
>>
You have to get to burning to understand.
>>
because the TV series had serious problems and the movie removed most of those while making Akito worth a damn
>>
>>15274821
>because the TV series had serious problems and the movie removed most of those while making Akito worth a damn

The tv series had no problems and was enjoyable to the extreme. The film on the other hand was stupid beyond belief. Stupid and senseless edginess.
>>
Because he really wanted to wear a pantsu shaped mask.
>>
>>15274882
>senseless edginess
I got the feeling that it was making fun of edginess when I watched it.
>>
>>15274882
>had no problems
Blatant lie.
>enjoyable to the extreme
Opinion and irrelevant.
>>
>>15274740
The problem lies in the break between the series end and the movie.

The Sega Saturn game covers alot of stuff between the crew launching the escape pod and sending the Nadesico+jump box thing into deep space then outside of Japan you jump right to the movie and barely anyone knew the game existed let alone what happened in it.

This would have been jarring even without the sudden change to a darker tone.
>>
>>15274821
do something productive with your time anon
>>
>>15275246
The Saturn game was The Blank of 3 years, right? What about the Mission?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hslEQqY1Rrw
>>
>>15275260
Not sure about the DC game.

It's as obscure as the Saturn one which is saying something. Nothing but one untranslated playthrough and a dozen or so vids of the intro.
>>
>>15274882
t. Mecha Talk
>>
>>15274960
The problem is that that's really hard to do without falling into edginess yourself. The Amazon version of The Tick has the same issue, they're clearly trying to parody the Nolan Batman/Netflix Daredevil brand of dark, broody superheroes but since they're trying to make fun of something that's no fun, they end up just imitating it badly.

It's hard to really parody edginess. You can have a really serious character with really ridiculous things happening around them, or you can put a really ridiculous character in a really serious situation, but those are both standard comedy formulas already. You have to mirror the thing that you are parodying closely enough to be recognizable without being that thing, and that's hard to do with this particular cliche.
>>
>>15276717

This is why i prefer the tick cartoon, its on the same spot as OPM on "how to parody a concept without being stupid and edgy"

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uioZd0o1qiY

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WII0B0J20QE
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCLdLBJdMNs
>>
>>15275246
>The Sega Saturn game covers alot of stuff
Oh it's THIS again.

That's wrong, retard.

https://desuarchive.org/m/thread/15118060/#15119072
>>
>>15275246
It actually covers very little, it barely touches Akito and Yurika's marriage.
What really covers the important in-betweens is the movie's side material.

>>15276823
Yeah, what this anon linked pretty much (but ouch, you don't have to be so aggresive about it tho)
>>
>>15275269
The Missions adds very little, basically introduces Sharon Wiedling and a couple of battles with the Successors and that's it, they still don't find Akito.
Contributing almost nothing, the game ends with a To Be Continued screen.
>>
>>15274740
End of Eva happened in-between the series and movie.
>>
>>15274960
It's almost there, there just isn't enough of a wink at the audience to make it work.
>>
File: ryoko shocked.jpg (45KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
ryoko shocked.jpg
45KB, 600x330px
Why?

also seems like a lot of people watching this movie lately.
>>
>>15277475
Surely because of SRW V
>>
>>15277475
Because SRW V.

For me the irony of the cook losing his sense of taste worked. The character was an edgelord, but it is still a ridiculous place to take the series too. I believe that it would have been made finest the movie series was completed.
>>
>>15277500
>would have been made fine

Also it should be to not too
>>
>>15277500

the problem with the movie is that it wanted to do all that edgy shit but at the same time wasted half it's run time on Ruri's summer vacation. Even if you just got that extra 20 or so minutes of Ruri doodling or whatever she was doing used to explain the plot better it would have likely been a far better movie. Certainly not great but at least better. And maybe it wouldn't have tanked so hard it could have gotten one of those sequels
>>
>>15277602
Yes, it is a bit of a chasing two hares and catching neither situation
>>
>>15277611

It mostly worked in the series because you had a lot more time to deal with these things. Though frankly even there I think they squeezed in more Ruri than they really should have at the expense of other characters. Ryoko got by okay but we didn't get shit for Hikaru and Izumi and the later there had a lot to work with.
>>
File: ryoko pod.jpg (32KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
ryoko pod.jpg
32KB, 400x225px
So does V fix POD's story in any way? I know they do that sometimes
>>
Here's the thing, I think the edgelord aspect in of itself works. In context of what happened to him, if he didn't change that would seem even stranger.

The problem is the movie does nothing with it.
>>
>>15277714
I'm not that far into it, but from what I've seen it does. A bunch of people call Akito out on his shit and they get him to accept help. He's chilled out a little bit too.
>>
>>15277755

The fact that he doesn't wear his visor in the game does a lot to humanize him.
>>
>>15277765
He does wear it sometimes, but yeah, not constantly.
>>
>>15277765
>>15277755

Well that's good to hear
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.