[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are your thoughts on Kyojuu Tokusou Jaspion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: jaspion (2).jpg (29KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
jaspion (2).jpg
29KB, 400x300px
what are your thoughts on Kyojuu Tokusou Jaspion?
>>
>>15273635
will find out when KissAsian uploads it
>>
>>15273635

DAILEON!

underrated but good
>>
File: img64928.jpg (56KB, 564x410px) Image search: [Google]
img64928.jpg
56KB, 564x410px
>>15273635
>>Kyojuu Tokusou Jaspion?
- Second worse mc among MH space guys (retsu>yuusuke>den>juspion>dai),
- Best suit and mechs among MH space guys (juspion>spielban>shaider>sharivan>gavan);
- One of the best tokus about kaiju x mech of all time (tons of monsters, super acrobatic robot, memorable villains and epic conclusion).

Too bad Toei push Gavan instead of him for obvious reasons (Retsu came first). But his show is far superior in basically everything.
>>
>>15273804
On the bright side, the main villains will get featured in Space Squad, so there is that.
>>
>>15273804
Havent seen Jaspion yet, but what's wrong with the MC?
>>
>>15273804
>Second worse mc among MH space guys

Juspion honestly isn't that bad. Not unless you're asshurt that he didn't stay goofy.
>>
>>15273894
There isn't really anything wrong with him per se. He just doesn't have anyone interesting to interact with who isn't Mad Gallant most of the time.

His robot companion, Anri fulfills that role early on, but then she's made to go through a personality change that's just plain awful.
>>
File: juspion-mad.jpg (144KB, 960x480px) Image search: [Google]
juspion-mad.jpg
144KB, 960x480px
>>15273894
There's nothing officially wrong with his character. But producers allowed Kurosaki (the actor) to chose a comic-goofy style inside a more serious show (Juspion was way more violent than any Space Sheriff). Nips didn't like it much (reason why they rip-off his black power and become more "serious" during the show). However, BRs loved him, so... I think it's just a (minor) cultural thing.
>>
>>15273635
Overall a pretty good and entertaining show. The end 10s to 20s were kind of a drag to get through since there were many episodes dedicated to the plot that were either repetitive or didn't really advance much, but when they realize its ok to have episodes not related to the golden bird plot it gets pretty good again.
>>
>>15273804
>Second worse mc among MH space guys (retsu>yuusuke>den>juspion>dai),
Dai, Yuusuke and Den better be great then.

>Too bad Toei push Gavan instead of him for obvious reasons (Retsu came first).
Gavan was great too, both deserve to be pushed. But at least we are having Mad Gallant this year.
>>
Wait, how many Metal Hero subs have been subbed so far?
>>
>>15273635
I watched about 10 episodes and I probably could not tell you the difference between any of them. Each episode follows the exact same beats down to the editing. Great suits though
>>
>>15275636
>I watched about 10 episodes and I probably could not tell you the difference between any of them.

Really now? Not even the introduction of new characters and a permanent setting?
>>
>>15275332
Gavan
Juspion
Metalder (via three different sources or so, still needs a redo)
Winspector
Solbrain
>>
>>15274180

I liked his goof persona more too. And he got to be goofy a couple times at the end, it all balanced out.
>>
>>15273635

speaking of Jaspion, somehow the BR's manages to make fun of the music due to the language barrier

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtWc0rGJpDU
>Cum on Boy
>>
>>15275332
http://pastebin.com/L9NRetiY
https://imgbox.com/g/43Tmt8mXdw
>>
>>15274390
Retsu in Gavan was the most balanced, also did a lot of action scenes and the character had many drama scenes with his father (a plus in the genre).

Den Iga is nice, did a lot of action scenes, but Watari was too young (19), first role in tv. He was a bit better playing some drama scenes as Yuusuke in Spielban than Den in Sharivan.

Kurosaki is cool, I like the clownish style, but his transition from "goofy" to "serious" was heavy influenced by audience numbers. Not an actor's issue, but producers planning. Jiraiya followed the same path, but in a more "smooth" way. And except for the (fast) death of Eijin at the very very end, he didn't have dramas to evolve.

Dai (Shaider) was a complete shit. Bad acting, used stunt even during non-suit scenes and the actor was almost soulless (people inside said he got the role only for being Eiji Tsuburaya's grandson). If you realize Annie did her own fight scenes, well... The shame just got bigger for him.
>>
Oh nice metal heroes thread
Also speaking of Jaspion I think it did alien planets better than recent shows like Kyuranger
>>
how sentai mechs can even compete?
>>
Anri is hot and Miya is adorable. I also love how goofy Juspion is. Just a space dude going on a space journey while fighting evil.
>>15276140
Does he end up staying on earth? What happens to Anri?
>>
>>15277889
>Does he end up staying on earth? What happens to Anri?

Yeah, unfortunately they do get grounded to Earth. Anri gets a personality change that's way worse than Juspion's. At least his can be interpreted as character development, she just outright gets a new personality chip installed without her permission.
>>
>>15277889
Shame about Miya's suit degrading throughout the show though.

>>15276307
>Eiji Tsuburaya
Funny you say that, because the actor who did Ide in Ultraman shows up as a guest.
>>
>>15278089
> because the actor who did Ide in Ultraman shows up as a guest.

With his best car salesman suit and 'stache too.
>>
>>15273635
Everybody in Brazil knows who he is.
>>
Does anyone have the entire OST/BGM in flac?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.