[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I watch Dub or Sub?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

Should I watch Dub or Sub?
>>
>>15271299
Original audio in left channel, dub in right. Put subs at half opacity.
>>
>>15271299
flip a coin, they're both good

personally I'm too big a fan of english beck
>>
File: 1448681985435.gif (2MB, 350x255px) Image search: [Google]
1448681985435.gif
2MB, 350x255px
>>15271299
nice dubs but please watch it with subs
>>
File: DontGetBetweenMe&MyWaifu.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DontGetBetweenMe&MyWaifu.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>15271299
Subs if you insist on being a weeb.
>>
>>15271325

This dude knows whats up.

>>15271299

Honestly both are good but I personally think the DUB is fine and better if you are a native english speaker rather than weebspeak for the sake of being able to focus on the show rather than glancing at subs all the time
>>
>>15271299

Both
>>
Dub if you're feeling nostalgic, sub if you'r feeling like a weeb.
>>
>>15271342
>>15271384
>>15271474
>this again
Neck yourself. Also
>implying looking at subs disrupts your focus on the show
>>
>>15271299
I'd personally recommend the dub because it just works with the setting and aesthetic of the show, but they're both so good that there isn't really a "wrong" decision.
>>
>>15271299
The dub cast had Steve Blum as the MC so you cant go wrong
>>
Sub like with everything else.

Blum is awful as Roger, he doesn't fit at all.
>>
>>15271602
Relax you autist, I too also enjoy glorious Nippon cartoon cel-shaded over 1000 times.
>>
>>15271696
>Blum is awful as Roger, he doesn't fit at all.
I thought he was actually better at the detective parts, but couldn't really pull of the yelling in combat.
>>
I guess I'll try out the dub.

I already know how Roger and some of the cast sounds like in moon language thanks to SRW.
>>
>>15271696
I thought the opposite, to be honest. This is the one time Blum fits a character perfectly
>>
>>15271299
Sub. Every time Dorothy says "Roger" in broken English my heart beats like crazy from love.
>>
File: zentraedi.jpg (199KB, 805x760px) Image search: [Google]
zentraedi.jpg
199KB, 805x760px
>>15271602
It's a fact that weebs prefer subs 100% of the time. It's just science.
>>
>>15271342
this is the only correct answer
>>
>>15271602

Look at this virgin ass basment dwelling weeb.
>>
File: 1485957236699.jpg (365KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
1485957236699.jpg
365KB, 595x842px
Big O is one of the very few shows I actually prefer the dub. Both are ultimately fine, but considering the show was designed for Westerners from the outset, the dub feels more appropriate.
>>
>>15271976
Subs are better, it doesn't matter if weeb or not.
t. Finn, We see everything in subs if possible. You see, we don't like it when mouths move at different pace with live movies, and we kinda like it when the original intent gets to shine.
>>
>>15272085
The original intent rarely gets to shine when most subtitles are poor.
I actually know Japanese and often prefer dubs, depends on the overall quality of both work.
>>
>>15272085
>we don't like it when mouths move at different pace with live movies

Then you haven't seen much anime. Most of the time the voice and character's mouths are out of sync with the native dubs, too. This is true for just about every regular TV anime.

The biggest irony here is that you would've noticed that if you weren't busy reading the subs.
>>
Is this show supposed to be like batman?
>>
>>15272136
They're pretty different. The Bruce/Roger analogy draws only a few superficial similarities.
>>
>>15272136
It's noir Daitarn 3 with Space Odyssey 2001.
>>
>>15272601
>noir

People should look up what this means before trying to apply it towards things that are not noir.

Big O and popular Batman adaptations share elements with the noir genre, but in whole are most definitely not noir works.
>>
Not OP, but I'm watching this show for the first time and just finished episode 21. Is it normal to feel a little confused about somethings?

Specifically, if this event happened 40 years ago, and Roger was in the Military Police, wouldn't that put him at like 60 now? Also, how could he be a tomato if he was old enough to be on the force at the same time 40 years ago?
>>
>>15272875
Yes it's supposed to be confusing.
>>
>watching dubs

Fucking morons.
>>
Unfortunately dub Dorothy is completely inferior to Japanese Dorothy.

Everyone else is as good or even better than the original than in the dub.
>>
>>15271299
>listen to one of the worst japanese dubs of all time
>vs watching a high quality dub that actually fits the source material in the first place

hard choice
>>
>>15272875
Roger isn't a tomato
>>
>>15276118
Really? Is this show lying or something? I mean other than showing him with the barcode in his eyes and what not, the show even states he is. Roger talks about figuring out which memories are his own and which ones were planted in him. I mean it's went over the top to reveal that.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.