[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cons thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: huh.jpg (184KB, 1233x457px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
184KB, 1233x457px
Apparently this is a thing

Thinking about going since I moved to Louisiana. Any /m/an ever been on one of this?

Also thinking about going to C2E2 and ACEN.
>>
>>15270282
>Mechacon
>generic space station

Clearly not the same kind of mecha I'm thinking of
>>
Going to cons is never a good idea
>>
File: welp.png (21KB, 273x387px) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
21KB, 273x387px
Looks like I'm going
>>
http://desuarchive.org/m/search/text/mechacon/
>>
>>15270302
Dude I love scavenger hunts!
>>
>>15270282
robotech/power rangers/dbz fags con?
>>
File: why deceive us like this.png (22KB, 830x162px) Image search: [Google]
why deceive us like this.png
22KB, 830x162px
>>15270282
>>15270289
>>15270711
I've looked around their site, and the name's misleading. It's just a general anime convention, no mecha focus whatsoever from the looks of the site. Which is a bummer, cause I'd love to go to a mech-centric con.

>>15270302
I hate to disappoint you anon, but see pic.
>>
>>15270746
why would you bother to name your con after a niche that's barely turned a profit in twenty years if you weren't for that niche
like naming it SuperMarionAtionCon but no Anderson content
>>
>>15270750
Because SMAC is a catchy acronym and there's plenty of worthy non-Anderson stuff like Team America and Thunderb̶i̶r̶d̶sbolt Fantasy.
>>
>>15270746
Fuck
I still want to go though. Anyone care to join me?
>>
>>15270773
>40 bucks
I don't know dude
>>
I was raped in a convention, so my opinion will be biased
>>
>>15271356

Yeah, sorry about that. It's just that the Mint Rubble cosplay you were sporting made me too damn horny, I couldn't control myself.
>>
>>15270711
If you're in the South, Animazement (Raleigh, late May) and AWA (Atlanta, fall) often have a heavy mecha focus. Otakon (DC, August) has JAM Project and FLOW as guests this year.

There's also Morphicon (SoCal, August) and Super Dimension Convention (SoCal, October). And IIRC Furuya is going to Anime Central (Chicago? Forget when).
>>
>>15271563
I can't speak for modern times but back around the turn of the century AWA was home to Dessloktoberfest.
>>
I went to the opening of this con. It's first time. I had a blast. There were a lot of people showing off their mech cosplays. Later they included robotech battle pods. The same that we've seen with Gundam. They didn't mention any of that this time, so I have to wonder if the con shrank in size.
>>
>>15272002
I'd take a guess that it had to expand beyond the mech focus to keep attendance up or something like that. Which is a shame, since that sounds really cool.
>>
>>15272002
Was is dashcon tier at worst?
>>
>>15272968
extra time in the battle pod sounds okay

if people pee in it then it's more tomino real
>>
>>15273031
Errr what
>>
>>15274188
dashcon had a ball pit
if you were good you got extra time in it
but it had been peed in
>>
How disappointing, it's just another anime jap sex toy convention.

>>15270746 sums it up. The only 'robots' you'll see at MechaCon are maid robots created to harvest bucketfuls of money from poor Japanese bachelors.

>>15272002 even worse, sounds like the con has actually degenerated from real mecha stuff to 'mechamaid' and 'lolita'.
>>
>>15270282
>There are other Louisiana /m/en
Unexpected desu
>>
>>15277595
Where are you located anon?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.