[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, you sch/m/up fans out there. Other than Ikaruga and Ginkei,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

File: The_Stone-Like.jpg (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
The_Stone-Like.jpg
14KB, 500x500px
So, you sch/m/up fans out there.

Other than Ikaruga and Ginkei, what other fighters out there would be able to take down the Stone-Like?
>>
File: tyriansupercarrot.png (5KB, 436x112px) Image search: [Google]
tyriansupercarrot.png
5KB, 436x112px
>>
>>15269869
Silver Hawk from Darius? The ships face gigantic fishmechs in Darius, they seems like a mark of skill.

http://youtu.be/-eOoyAy4NoM
>>
>>15269869
Don't forget Silvergun.
>>
It's rather vague how strong The Stone-Like exactly is, since every boss in a shmup comes down to shooting a whole lot of dodgeable bullets at you. I know The Stone-Like could do some crazy shit in Radiant Silvergun, but I don't know the specifics.

It's rather pointless to argue power levels of fighter crafts in a genre where almost everything dies in one hit anyways, but at least we know The Stone-Like could only be damaged to the point of destruction after the Ikaruga absorbed a fuckton of bullets and used that energy to fire an overload of homing missiles which ended up destroying the ship in the process.
So I GUESS if we're talking about needing a giant burst of energy to actually kill something that's impervious to regular fire, you'd need a ship like the GENESIS Silver Hawk which can fire a long sustained beam of energy as opposed to the Burst Engine ships which run out of juice quickly when using a Burst. The downside to this is that the GENESIS needs to sacrifice two options to fire its Alpha Beam, but when equipped with a Burst Engine like in DBCS, the GENESIS can simply recharge energy to fire an Alpha Beam by damaging the enemy or canceling bullets. But since The Stone-Like is entirely impervious to regular shots (or regenerates REALLY fast) and the bullets it fires are unlikely to be cancelable by the GENESIS or its options, even a GENESIS with a Burst Engine would be fucked if it doesn't kill The Stone-Like with its first Alpha Beam.
Unfortunately The Stone-Like doesn't fire a Beta Beam, as that would allow the Genesis to counter it with its Alpha Beam for MASSIVE DAMAGE.

There's also the GAIDEN Silver Hawk which can fire bombs that create fucking black holes, though in-game it doesn't instakill bosses (probably because they are all huge). The Stone-Like MIGHT be sucked in by a black hole since it's rather small, but given its unknown massive powers its only a maybe.
>>
File: 12937542.png (1MB, 1578x956px) Image search: [Google]
12937542.png
1MB, 1578x956px
Going by the meticulously worded above post about hyper beam weaponry, The R-90 Ragnarok can really let lose after a switch flip and a brief charge.
>>
File: 54DCCDC24447270027.jpg (125KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
54DCCDC24447270027.jpg
125KB, 800x600px
As can every DoDonPachi fighter ship from Daioujou onward.
>>
>>15271775
I liked DDP better before they felt the need to shoehorn anime girls into it.
>>
File: RefleX stage 7 benchmark.png (464KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
RefleX stage 7 benchmark.png
464KB, 1024x768px
Probably ZODIAC Ophiuchus. The thing survived destruction at least two times, and the one time it was put into a fighter with an energy shielding system (that can reflect bullets), it survived everything that was thrown at it, including a weapon that could purportedly wipe out a planet, simply because it could keep its shield on all day. Physical impact attacks with sufficient mass (like homing missiles) could ruin its shit though.
>>
>>15270324

Silvergun lost though. At best, Buster and Reana scored a mutual kill.
>>
>>15271785
My nigga
>>
File: ddp7.jpg (76KB, 540x390px) Image search: [Google]
ddp7.jpg
76KB, 540x390px
>>15271785

I agree that the 2hu crowd pandering was dumb and needless but Daioujou is still one of the better DDP games IMO.

And they at least had the decency to keep the girls silent and not have their faces tastelessly plastered all over the HUD/screen border like later STGs do.
>>
>>15271767

I'd say pretty much any Space Corps fighter with the proper weapons could probably do it. Most Wave Cannons are practically miniature Death Star lasers anyway.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>>/m/
>nobody has mentioned Geppy X
I am VERY disappointed in all of you.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.