[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horizon Zero Dawn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: 52c507eda044f26e74dd0bd86a9485a6.jpg (315KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
52c507eda044f26e74dd0bd86a9485a6.jpg
315KB, 1920x1080px
This came out. Anyone playing it?

I really like the mecha design here.

>Xenoblade Chronicles X
>FFXV
>Horizon

Are adding mecha/robot elements to open worlds a new fad? Because I've very ok with it
>>
>>15266302
>I can stop automated cars that are out to kill me with a pointy stick

Toppest kek.
>>
Might get it in the coming weeks. March will be packed with games for me.
>>
>>15266315
The difference is most cars don't have brains. Shooting circuits or wires that might be controlling these beasts would stop it from chasing you.
Also I think they use special arrows or some shit.
>>
>>15266302
Game looks boring.
Nice designs, but it really looks boring,
>>
>>15266302
Nah, I don't buy games over $40 anymore. And beyond that the game isn't even on Steam, so I wont be buying it for that reason too.

It looks okay. Maybe I'll buy it in 10 years when it's $15.
>>
>>15266302
I hope it means WoW gets some mecha that isn't ugly piles of goblin crap.
>>
>>15266339
lol
Well I think it's time for employers to start paying employees 39 bucks per month, for their work really worth nothing more than that.
>>
File: ShellWalker-Render.png (325KB, 580x425px) Image search: [Google]
ShellWalker-Render.png
325KB, 580x425px
I cant wait for the eventual artbook.

Though I think most of the human tribal costumes look pretty bad.
>>
>>15266359
Yeah, you're a funny guy. But games just aren't worth $60 anymore. They are more often than not broken, and we just have to pray that they get patches. And you know there's going to be $20 DLC packs, because every game does that.

So I'd rather just wait until all the bugs are hopefully fixed, and for all the DLC to be released, and maybe for there to be a "game of the year" edition that includes everything in one package. It's just smarter to wait for that.
>>
>>15266339
Goddamn the Jews are real, even on /m/.
>>
File: giphy.gif (763KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
763KB, 500x275px
>>15266430
>someone arguing against spending the most amount of money on a product is now a Jewish stereotype

Might wanna get that red pill out of your ass, friend; it wasn't meant to be a suppository.
>>
>>15266339

It'll probably be for sale for less than that in two years, maybe three. That's not even a knock against this game in particular, though it looks boring in my opinion, it's just how games are in general in my experience. If you check the digital sales for various services they'll often have games that are only a year or two old for like $10 - $20.
>>
File: TheJewsFearTheSamurai.png (180KB, 600x329px) Image search: [Google]
TheJewsFearTheSamurai.png
180KB, 600x329px
>>15266473
You're starting to sound suspiciously more and more like a true Jew by the second, boy.
>>
The setting is a pretty neat idea. One of the landmarks I really like is that HUGE dead machine with the tentacles sprawled out across an entire mountain range. It's a really striking sight.

Everything else about it looks pretty generic though. We've seen it all before, this "open world survivalcraft" stuff. I'm sick of these kinds of games and that really turns me off of this one.
>>
>>15266339
This is the only sensible thing to do. I rarely buy games full price, especially here where our maple syrup soaked plastic dollar isn't worth fuck all.

Sorry the rest of you chucklefucks can't keep it in your pants for a few months until this boring, shit game ends up in a bargain bin.
>>
>>15266359
Lol yeah I know right? I'm sure they are barely getting by now and they make a whole $60 a month. That's how it works after all, considering they would get paid $40 a month if the game came out for that amount right?
>>
>>15267724
>>15266359
I'm pretty sure that's about what they actually pay them.
>>
>>15267670
Yeah, I try to buy games either used or when the price has gone down too, if only to make budgeting easier. I do the same with Steam, I put a bunch of games on my wishlist and then wait till Summer, Christmas, or flash sales to get them. The only exceptions I've made to that recently were paying full price for Gravity Rush and Berserk, but only because I was looking forward to both and couldn't bear to wait.

That said, I was looking forward to Horizon too, and was planning to get it, but after seeing some videos of it I got less enthused. Like >>15266549
said, it doesn't really seem to be doing much that's innovative aside from the setting, and the webms I've looked at had pretty poor animation and stuff. I'll probably wait till this is cheaper, if I get it at all.
>>
>hey /m/ look at this new generic survival game
>you don't want to buy this game? fuck you kike
>hardly any replies talking about the /m/ elements
>when they do they get no (you)s

this thread is off to a good start mate
keep dem shekels ready goy
>>
>>15267734
>that b8 m8
Sorry friend.
>>
>>15266302
Looks like shit. The "designs" look like shit. Reminds me of those old 3D tutorials about "kitbashing" together random shapes that vaguely resemble something mechanical to fill a silhouette. The end result is a modern art trash heap statue, which is what I see here.
>>
File: nalccv.jpg (466KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nalccv.jpg
466KB, 1280x720px
>>15267772
OP here.

To be fair I was also here when Xenoblade Chronicles X released making and posting in threads.

Usually /m/ likes to talk about mecha games or games with fairly important mecha/robot elements.
>>
>>15266531
There's nothing wrong with waiting for a better deal.
>>
>>15266302
I didn't like this game at all, I wonder what kind of train of thought led those chucklefucks to try and make it like a Ubisoft open world game its games like this one that make me happy I can still rent games near my house instead of just buying them blindly

The weirdest part was that the Zelda game I was thinking would be another craptacular game in the vein of a ubisoft game is actually pretty cool

Now to wait for Nier
>>
File: bGmAleu.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
bGmAleu.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
This game is a lot of fun. The mechanics are pretty simple, but pretty well executed.

I can't wait to get further and see more beautiful machines.
>>
File: 1422293222919.jpg (63KB, 1024x649px)
1422293222919.jpg
63KB, 1024x649px
>>15268004
>I don't like this Ubisoft game
>I like this Ubisoft game
>>
>>15266302
It sucks. Like every modern Western video game.
>>
File: turokbow.jpg (49KB, 414x640px) Image search: [Google]
turokbow.jpg
49KB, 414x640px
>>15266302
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil was just remastered, so if you want to be a guy with a bow fighting robots and dinosaurs in the technojungle, there's already better options.
>>
The only ubisoft open world I played was farcry 3, so I'm not sick of the concept yet.

Knocking off robot armour is fun.

Aloy is kinda cute in a cavegirl next door way. The way she talks to herself so much is also charming. Overall I'm having fun. I went halvsies on the cost with someone so it didn't break my tiny Canadian wallet.
>>
>>15266302
>main appeal is mecha dinosaurs and mysterious setting
>game barely has any mecha dinosaur fighting, enemies are humans, plot is humans, setting is not mysterious at all, it's humans again
>>
>>15273588
Mine won't get here until next week. It will be shipped with Nier. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
>>
File: 1487559257568.jpg (29KB, 480x577px) Image search: [Google]
1487559257568.jpg
29KB, 480x577px
>>15266302

>can't play as a mecha dino

fucking dropped
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.