[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (79KB, 300x358px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 300x358px
http://www.therobotsvoice.com/2009/12/8_reasons_why_robotech_is_better_than_macross.php
>>
>>15265962
all laughing
>>
File: 1403750371578.jpg (258KB, 632x483px)
1403750371578.jpg
258KB, 632x483px
>>
>>15265962

Robotards can only be commiserated.
>>
Robotech is longer therefore its better
>>
>>15265962
Based on my experiences with each set of fans, Robotech fans have fond memories of a childhood favorite and still love that, and Macross fans want everybody to know that Robotech is the worst.

Considering that nobody in this equation actually likes Macross, I can only conclude that yes, Robotech is better. When the only good thing that you can sau about your show is, "This other show is worse," then your show must be really shit.
>>
>>15266027
Robotech took 3 failed series and improved it; helping anime to get more notice in the West. In my home country of Chile, my generation was defined by Robotech.

I really hope that we can get a live action movie because I want to see Rick Hunter in the big screen.
>>
Nice tags.
>>
>>15266027
I actually like Macross
>>
>>15265962
>Robotech is longer
Does he not know about the other Macross series?
>>
>>15266051
>Macross
>failed
WwwwWwWwWWWWWWWWWW
>>
>>15266067
Robotech has 85 episodes. No Macross series comes this close.
>>
>>15266051

No one gives a shit about Chile. Robotech is and always will be shit. Thankfully as robotard greybeards die of old age nobody with a slight amount of salt comes into your fandom. Roboshit will die of old age.
>>
File: 1486027565785.jpg (62KB, 640x702px) Image search: [Google]
1486027565785.jpg
62KB, 640x702px
>>15265962
>Robotech has more empowered women
lol
>>
>>15265962
>this article is 8 years old
>>
>Robotech Has Less Ridiculous Names
>it doesn’t really matter if the hero is named Hikaru Ichijyo or Rick Hunter
>Robotech Has More Empowered Women
>Robotech Makes Max and Miriya’s Romance Less Insulting
This one puts quarter of his points into muh feminism while still defending whitewashing AND using racist tagline for his point about names. Im-fucking-pressive.
>>
>>15265962
Stopped reading after the first reason they gave when they are trying to compare how events happened in the TV show with DYRL
>>
>>15266254
Libtards are actually racist hypocrites, what else is new.
>>
File: 1460134216567.png (287KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1460134216567.png
287KB, 640x360px
>Macross has four bad sequels and two good sequels
>Robotech has two bad sequels

>Therefore Robotech is better than Macross
>>
>>15265962
Thanks for reposting. This one's always good for a laugh.
>>
>Macross fags once again showing how easily triggered they are

It's not even worth the effort anymore
>>
>>15266758
But we like talking shit about Robotech. We get an unusual sense of pleasure from it because it fails so badly. Who doesn't like reading about failed kickstarters or suicide attempts by artists.
>>
>>15266051
Thanks for embarrassing our country internationally.
>>
>>15265962
>8 - Robotech is better because we like this voice actor more
Top notch reasoning.

>7) Robotech is better because Robotech Is Longer
Love how they justify this as 'if you're a kid you won't notice how disjointed the three source shows are!'. This is retarded reasoning for two reasons, we, the people making the comparison, are not kids and I would wager most kids would notice something terribly wrong.

>6) Robotech Has Less Ridiculous Names
OPINIONS and shit ones at that. Wah, Japanese names are hard, what's an ichijo?

> 5) Robotech Has More Empowered Women
Not even gonna.

> 3) Robotech Inspired Fewer Awful Sequels
...Damn, he's got us there.

> 2) Robotech Didn’t Result in Clash of the Bionoids
It actually did. Robotech proved that doing chopjob adaptations could be profitable, encouraging talentless hacks to cobble together things like Clash of the Bionoids.

>1) Robotech Has Better Theme Music
Sasuga shittaste-kun.
>>
>>15266027
>using the fanbase to judge the franchise
I don't watch either but that's beyond retarded.
>>
>>15266051
This is why no one likes South Americans, not even Mehicans.
>>
>>15266081
Because we all know length automatically equals quality. This is why Sazae-san is the greatest anime ever made and Guiding Light is the pinnacle of American television.
>>
>both Robotech: Battlecry and Robotech: Invasion are enjoyable 3-D space shooters on the PlayStation 2 and Xbox
HOLY
LEL
This is a joke right? No one can be that retarded. Battlecry is a boring, fetch quest from start to finish, and Invasion is a shitty, buggy mess that can't decide if its a racer or Halo knockoff. Also he didn't mention that abysmal Robotech flight simulator for DOS that was literally only half complete on release.
>borderline-unplayable Playstation nightmare of Macross Digitial Mission VFX
Alright, does this guy even live in our universe, or did he get shat into fold space or some shit?
>>
>>15266051
>muh failed fanfilm that got fucked by Saban
>>
>>15267372
> 3) Robotech Inspired Fewer Awful Sequels

The Shadow Chronicles is worse than anything Macross has, even Delta. Also Robotech has yet to manage a TV sequel period, so they haven't even really entered the race.
>>
File: 1485653913837.jpg (50KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485653913837.jpg
50KB, 960x720px
>>
>>15266051
Dumb spic poster.
>>
I was going to start making fun of the robotech fags but that article and the ones in this thread are like legit sad.

Not even kidding, someone needs to put robotechfags on suicide watch. I'm seriously concerned they're going to start harming themselves when they realize the franchise is dead.
>>
>>15266432
What about Love Live Alive? Is it good or bad?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.