[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If there is one thing I learn from getter armageddon, then it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: 1.jpg (152KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
152KB, 1920x1080px
If there is one thing I learn from getter armageddon, then it is that if you can turn up the cliches to 11, no plot is required.
>>
Another one of those people who didn't understand Armageddon's plot.
>>
>>15265707
is armageddon your first piece of media ever?
>>
>>15265727

Why do you shitpost in every thread about Armageddon?

Why can't you admit that the plot was a meme and accept that despite that fact, it was still a good OVA to watch?
>>
>>15267338
>Why can't you admit that the plot was a meme
Can you put some effort in your shitposting? The fact you are referring to a plot as a meme shows you aren't looking for discussion and reveals your intent in making this thread. At least put some effort into this garbage.
>>
>>15265707
There's no plot? Then what was all that Invader business?
>>
It's that all they do meme faces
>>
>>15267350
I didn't even make this thread. No amount of contrianism is going to make Armageddon's plot passable.
>>
With anime getting adapted to western movies lately why not Getter? I mean it's got plenty of schlock and would be right up Bay's alley.
>>
>>15267362
cliches, apparently
>>
>>15268290
That's because your last name is Rodriguez. You're too retarded to understand the simple plot.
>>
>>15268294
In that case Gundam fits perfectly.
>>
>>15268290
And no amount of retardation on your part will make it not okay.

>>15268294
>it's got plenty of schlock
Nice lie. Also, because it's too garbage even for that.
>>
Oh yeah, I totally watch super robot anime for the deep and intricate plots.
>>
>>15268520
Those are the same reasons I watch real robot anime. It fulfills it about as well too.
>>
>>15268290
You are going to have to explain what's wrong with the plot rather than "the plot is a meme" if you are going to have anyone believe you're not blatantly shit posting.

>>15268294
>With anime getting adapted to western movies lately why not Getter?
West has no clue what Getter is, and amongst those in the east who do none really care. Why go niche instead of do Gundam or hell even stuff like Tetsujin but marketed fully as Gigantor.

>I mean it's got plenty of schlock and would be right up Bay's alley.
You don't know what schlock means.
>>
>>15265707
Just finished it today

Has really big ups and downs but overall is enjoyable even if it drags at points. I didn't like Go in this but he wasn't really Go. Also there is a fuck load of QUALITY

Prefered vs neo getter
>>
>>15268939
>I didn't like Go in this but he wasn't really Go.
Go is probably the weakest part of the ova, he is pretty bland and only kind of gains a personality about 8-9 episodes in and even then he's a far cry from the regular portrayal of Go. I liked him being a human who was partially merged with Getter and made using Getter rays though, it makes sense he knows things like Stoner Sunshine since we don't have little Getter Buddha to tell them to use the Stoner Sunshine.

>Also there is a fuck load of QUALITY
Was there? I remember a lot of stylized weird visuals but nothing particularly quality. Then again everyone claims New is chock full of quality and I don't see it, only ova the quality gets out of hand is SvN.
>>
JUST
>>
ONE
>>
BEAT
>>
File: fhf.jpg (113KB, 397x555px) Image search: [Google]
fhf.jpg
113KB, 397x555px
>>15268961
I think they just didn't really know what to do with Go, in fact I feel like they had no idea what to do with a lot of elements but got away with a lot cause it was at least exciting.

>Was there?
I was just about to post the most obvious Quality but then >>15268985

It is 90% in the early episodes after the bomb and before the arctic bit. On that note that arctic episode annoyed me with Kei being all no don't hurt people, bitch you been killing these things for a while now and know they suck up people
>>
File: rape.webm (733KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
rape.webm
733KB, 640x480px
What was his problem?
>>
>>15269103
Who? The guy with the long face and really ugly teeth?
>>
>>15269135
Yeah. Looks like a spic.
>>
>>15269143
He probably loves getter then
>>
>>15269103
So why did they pretend she was a boy in the first place?
>>
>>15268998
>>15268985
>>15268982
>>15268976
Imagawa spent a fuck ton of cash and talent on the first three episodes and it shows. Kawagoe was smarter in his approach. He let the characters be drawn hastily, and allocated the budget to the part that actually matters the most; the fight scenes. It all paid off considering how well this OVA did for Dynamic Planning which basically allowed funding for both subsequent Getter OVAs. (Which both did well with the Japanese home video market too).
>>
>>15265707
Don't forget that cramming everything full of references to prior works the audience already likes/the original work your thing is based off of helps with that too. Key part of Armageddon.
>>
>>15269181
Genki is a boy in the manga
>>
>>15269369
Yes and they pretended she was a boy in this one.

It only makes sense from a meta perspective
>>
>>15268982
Two
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.