[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jesmon thread:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 13

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2550x1518px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2550x1518px
Thread to Praise our digital lord and savior ranked network security in the royal knights
>>
>>15263563
Why is he Jesus AND the three musketeers?
>>
>>15263603
Actually i think its jesus and the three wise men also because its fucking cool
>>
>>15263621
>>15263603
I'm pretty sure the three funnel/bits represent the concept of the holy trinity.
>>
>>15263621
That would make sense but no it's the Three musketeers. They are Atho, Rene, and Por which are stand in names for Athos, Aramis, and Porthos the names of the musketeers.
>>
>>15263641
Ok den im just glad he's in the 20th Vpet
>>
>>15263603
>>15263641
Its because he's also the new guy of the Royal Knights. The Three Musketeers both represent the three wise men and his role as the d'Artagnan of the Knights.
>>
>>15263841
Yeah I know and he's also the thirteenth member making the royal knights the knights of the round table. Just kind of a cluster fuck when he is Jesus, the holy trinity, the three musketeers, and a member of the round table.

Besides, Gankoomon is the best Royal Knight.
>>
>>15263886
But jesmon is fucking network security
>>
>>15263900
Yeah but if Gankoomon told Jesmon to run a million laps, he would do it.
>>
>>15263929
Good point
>>
So...where is this guy from? Looks dope though.
>>
>>15265848
Digimon, he is one of the royal knights and is essentially Jesus.
>>
>>15265873
I get that, but what work is he from?
>>
>>15265933
He very likely will appear in Digimon Tri as Hackmon, his child form, is a key player from behind the scenes. Other than that he has had a story role in Cyber Sleuth and you could obtain him in Next 0rder. Outside of that he has only appeared on cards and the 15th anniversary digivice.
>>
>>15265953
Well fuck me for not having a vita, if this is the type of shit I miss out on.
>>
File: I25qZ2l.jpg (404KB, 1999x1124px) Image search: [Google]
I25qZ2l.jpg
404KB, 1999x1124px
>>15265963
Cyber Sleuth was a great game, it has a rough translation but it's a very fun SMT clone and had a pretty satisfyingly large roster. If you have a PS4 Cyber Sleuth was cross platform release and Next 0rder was remade as a PS4 title for its western release. Both games are quite fun with one being a jrpg and the other being a Digimon World style monster raising game.

If you are not quite as caught up on Digimon here are all the royal knights for a taste of how good the designs get.
>>
>>15265953
Jesmon appeared towards the end of Tri part 3: Confession.
>>
>>15265977
I stopped watching after Frontier, but I've played both worlds games on the DS (waiting on Lost Evolution). Wish I could afford a new console, but it's just not in the budget for a while. Oh well maybe they'll start development of a vita emulator now that it's been cracked.
>>
>>15266014
You're right, I forgot about that scene. I can't wait to find out what's causing the schism between the royal knights. I mean it's obviously Yggdrasil again but I wonder which knight is on which side since normally Jesmon sides with humanity and Alphamon keeps Yggdrasil in check. Also wonder if any more knights exist in Tri.

Tri really is getting exciting and I can't wait till August for Symbiosis to come out.
>>
File: Agumon_hakase.jpg (66KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Agumon_hakase.jpg
66KB, 320x320px
>>15266016
I recommend rewatching the series if you have any interest.

Adventure holds up quite well and when not butchered by dubs it had excellent music, acting, and is a very subtle but fun serues.

02 is hot garbage, do yourself a favor and skip it because it's not only a bad Digimon series but a bad show.

Tri has 4 movies out and have been in order of quality for each release: solid, boring, great, good. Speaking of movies both Adventure movies are great stand alone films.

Tamers is probably the best of the franchise with very dark themes being explored and some great character development. It's the creator of Lain getting to stretch out and flesh out his story idea from Lain to the point it's more satisfying.

Frontier is toku, it's fun but it drags a lot and is of middling quality. Don't watch if you don't like the MCs losing for 15 episodes straight.

Savers is hot blooded fun. Stakes get constantly raised and had a rather interesting and cohesive narratives. Ultimates get way more screen time and the fights are great.

Xros Wars is a mecha show and it's a bit jumbled in execution and digixros can look quite ugly at times, but still a fun show. Not quite the level of Adventure, Savers, or Tamers, but still a good show.

Young Hunters sucks and was a time filler that turned Xros into Pokemon battles. Skip this.

Appmon is alright, I would say it's inbetween frontier and Xros. What holds it back is it really shows that it's playing it safe to market towards kids, specifically the Yokai Watch market. Still going so it can't fully be judged.
>>
>>15266050
Yeah, I might go back and watch adventure, but I'll wait till tri is done because I want to binge the whole thing.

I might rewatch tamers too, but I've got to clear the backlog first. I'll check out xros if you say it's more mecha, given what board we're on.

Also just casually browsing the digimon wiki, what the fuck is an x-antibody?
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>15266101
X antibody is from the one hour CG movie X evolution. Basically the digital world reached maximum capacity and the program in charge of balance and protecting the digital world, Yggdrasil, came up with a plan to save it. It released the X program which killed all but 1% of the Digimon population who were chosen for project ark, all Digimon chosen for project ark were moved to the new digital world. The Digimon who resisted program X altered their own code to make themselves stronger, changing their physical appearance. That change to their code is the X antibody, it's really only a thing in cards and X evolution movie.

Tamers is great, in my opinion it's the strongest writing in the franchise. Xros is fun and the evolution in that show is basically the Digimon gattai together and one main Digimon pilots the body. Pic is the signature mecha which is Shoutmon X4.

I also recommend Savers because it feels a lot like a mecha show and the protagonist is as hotblooded as the best mecha pilots. Think of it as a mecha series akin to Tetsujin where the pilot watches and orders their Digimon partner and in the case of the protagonist rides on his shoulder/in his hand. Also the MC beats the shit out of Digimon himself and literally punched god in the face.
>>
File: Jupitermon art.jpg (180KB, 850x959px) Image search: [Google]
Jupitermon art.jpg
180KB, 850x959px
>>15263563
stupid spotlight stealing RK's
>>
>>15266181
Sorry for the late reply, do you think the cgi movie is worth it? Also I'll definitely add savers and xros to the list.
>>
i still love the idea that the Mon in there names is there file extension. E.G. Agu.MON
>>
>>15263563
The Lighting of Digimans
>>
>>15266852
Olympos XII will never get spotlight as an organization. Mercurymon in Savers and Apollomon + Marsmon in Xros is the best you will get.

>>15268493
It's an alright little movie. The CG hasn't aged spectacularly and the plot is pretty basic, but it's solid for what it is. If you got an hour to kill it's not a bad way of spending it. It's got a lot of heart.

Also seeing some attacks in CG especially Gaia/Poseidon Force it's really cool. X antibody designs look pretty good with the only awkward one being Metalgarurumon because he's bipedal for some reason.
>>
>>15268951
How're the savers and fusion dubs? Also Dianamon best olympian.
>>
>>15269514
Both are shit, savers is especially bad since the main character is a violent asshole aiming to be the greatest street fighter in the world but the dub had to change it to ultimate fighter as in UFC to make it okay by western standards. This was also the first one handled by Disney so it's the first time the protagonist is completely renamed. I also especially love the music in savers but the dub may be the worst music in the franchise.

Frontier is okay but not good, it's probably the most passable dub if I had to pick one. The English OP is fucking great though.

Xros is renamed Digimon fusion, for sure dubbed by Disney, and Taiki becomes Mikey for the protagonist name. I don't think I need to say more.
>>
>>15269514
>>15269822
Also I prefer Jupitermon and Plutomon. For tittymons in the Olympos XII Xros made Mervamon my favorite.
>>
>>15269822
That's unfortunate. I hate how some digimon have such different names from dub to sub, and I don't want to have to learn new names like tailmon to gatomon.
>>
>>15269836
The first series isn't too terrible about it because I'm adventure they all have their real names and state they have nicknames. The only thing changed, god help me I have no idea why, is they changed Taichi and Hikari's last name from Yagami to Kamiya. It ruins the joke that Hikari is literally Light Yagami. The names start getting inconsistent from 02 onwards with the 3 new kids being renamed yet oddly names like Oikawa aren't. Tamers changed everyone BUT Takato the most Japanese name of the bunch. Frontier changed everyone except the ones who matter (red, white, and black rangers) and then when Disney took over it just got random with everyone except MCs who alwaysgot dub names. Masaru becomes Marcus and the one that drives me the craziest is Taiki became fucking Mikey.
>>
>>15269941
Damn, I was hoping the dubs stayed okay, but I guess it was too much to ask for.
>>15269835
I said like Dianamon because you get her at the beginning of Digimon World Dusk.

My favorite tittymon is rosemon, because Mimi is my waifu.
>>
File: 1487476966854.jpg (510KB, 1537x2031px) Image search: [Google]
1487476966854.jpg
510KB, 1537x2031px
>>15270833
Nah the dubs were never particularly good. The voice acting in the first one isn't terrible but a 90s dub but saban didn't allow the to be any silence and they didn't pay for the far superior original soundtrack. There's so many bad jokes crammed in rather than the original character development. And they only got worse every series.

I was just referring to members of the Olympos XII, I forgot Apollomon who is my other favorite member partially because I got Dawn version.

My favorite Tittymon is a tie between Ladydevimon and Lillithmon. I can't wait for this shit to be painted and on the market.
>>
>>15263886
>Gankoomon is the best Royal Knight.

Reminder that Gankoomon has an attack called "Flipping the Table" which is in fact accurate to what it does.

>>15266031
If I had to guess, Yggdrasil is going after Homeostasis because for fuck's sake last time you reset the universe you created another Apocalymon and Milleniummon and you fucking thought doing it again was a good idea?

>>15266101
>I'll check out xros if you say it's more mecha

The main digimon's main form for like a third of the show has head vulcans, a chest blaster, and the chest blaster plate can come off as a boomerang - and just happens to be an almost exact dead ringer for Great Mazinger - and it gets a big flaming sword. It later gets an upgrade that is a jetpack, and has a form which is basically Dragon Daigunder. Later in the show it gets a drill finisher temporarily, then it gets a forehead beam, and then it gets a final form which combines all the things it normally combines with into a giant ridiculous combiner. And then gets a final finaler last episode upgrade with glowing wings.

It's /m/ as fuck.
>>
>>15266050
>Tamers is probably the best of the franchise with very dark themes being explored and some great character development.
>character development

Only if your name is Impmon. Everybody else got the most bland personalities possible, even within the main three.

Is this suddenly a nostalgia thing where people think it's the best?
>>
I wish Tri was good.
>>
>>15272139
I cant say I hate it but three ultimate evolutions for six minutes of footage in an 8 minute battle scene was...a real shame.

>>15272114

Adventure is the only given universal acclaim, don't mind the /a/posters
>>
>The amount of work necessary to get any of the Royal Knights in Cyber Sleuth, especially on comparison to the 7 Great Demon Lords.

Fucking hell man. I just want to blitz through the game with the Alpha and the Omega.
>>
>>15266050
>Adventure holds up quite well
As someone who recently re-watched it, it honestly does not. The pacing is way wonkier than I remember. Whole arcs are rushed through much faster than they should be, things which should have much more focus and significance are glazed over, and the cast often have random character traits forced upon them suddenly and forgotten about just as fast. The reasons for the team splitting up keeps becoming lazier and lazier. They clearly didn't know how to handle such a large cast in one place. Things like the friendly digimon dying off one by one when the team returns to the digital world become so formulaic it loses any sort of emotional value.
And this is coming from someone who loved Adventure as a kid. I remember already having a distaste for the second season back then, i can't imagine what I would think of it now.
>>
>>15271028
>There's so many bad jokes crammed in rather than the original character development.
The bad jokes are distracting, but they really didn't remove any character development in the dub.
>>
>>15272150

Holds up better than tamers. It was like really bad about giving you somebody you thought would be a character and then leaving them static for...odd reasons I never quite got.

At least Adventure didn't overly push a gimmick to sell card games that clashed with the rest of it's plot, either. I can give 02 not holding up well but most people that hate that are just salty their ships sunk.
>>
>>15272192
>Holds up better than tamers. It was like really bad about giving you somebody you thought would be a character and then leaving them static for...odd reasons I never quite got.
When did you last see tamers? Because this is blatantly false in many ways. Even Hirokazu and Kenta got development and they don't really matter.

>At least Adventure didn't overly push a gimmick to sell card games that clashed with the rest of it's plot, either.
First the card thing is only mainly used in the first 10 or so episodes then it becomes a more minor detail, second how did it clash with the plot?

>I can give 02 not holding up well but most people that hate that are just salty their ships sunk.
The epilogue is whatever, that's the least of 02's problems. 02 is filled with plot holes, devaluing the Adventure cast, easily the worst cast of characters, go nowhere plot lines, a half baked evolution idea that gets tossed out the window halfway through the show, logical inconsistencies, canon inconsistencies, hand waved explanations, a kook project lead, producer interference, and it was written by committee. For fucks sake Daisuke literally was not allowed to be developed as a character, this was a real order from the producer that he wasn't allowed to be developed AT ALL to make him mirror Ken who is the only character that receives development.

Are you basing everything you say off the dub that you saw when it originally aired or something? Because nothing you are saying is accurate.
>>
>>15272070
Don't forget that X7 Superior mode has every Digimon orbiting it and has a flaming staff that is a vintage microphone. Also it's design is very reminiscent of GGG.

>>15272114
Takato, Ruki, Jian, and Juri are easily the most developed tamers in the franchise and the partner Digimon are more than just extensions of their tamers. Just because you prefer the story of Faust doesn't mean their development doesn't exist.

>>15272142
>Adventure is the only given universal acclaim, don't mind the /a/posters
This is a bold faced lie, and /a/ is mostly nostalgia blinded and only care about Adventure, 02, and to a lesser extent Tamers/Frontier.

>>15272150
I disagree, I also rewatched it in full recently and I think the story is pretty well told and engaging. The biggest problem adventure had was the final arc feels over ambitious and the pacing gets all fucked and was larger problem was the cast is too large leading to some characters getting shafted for screen time and partner Digimon being simplistic characters that just end up extensions of their tamer.

>15272152
They ruin many scenes and take away emotional impact. The first time Taichi and Yamato fight on Yukidarumons island they insert a bunch of jokes rather than the few comments they make about frustrations and their responsibilities, showing Yamatos insecurities and how he's not as much just defending Takeru as he is codependent on him.

The dubs in general ruin character development, like removing the conversation Jian had with his father that was the crux of his story arc.
>>
>>15272734
>and has a flaming staff that is a vintage microphone.

That's just regular X7, X7S has the microphone that turns into a giant light sword.

>Also its design is very reminiscent of GGG

Eh... not really, though? And by not really I mean not at all. None of Shoutmon's forms have the main hallmarks of GGG's design. It's not mostly black, it has big cylinder limbs but they're more Mazinger limbs and neither have barriers nor rocket punches, its backpack isn't a dorito, it doesn't have drill knees, it doesn't have a big flashy green forehead gem overset over a helmet... And, of course, the only Shoutmon form to have any kind of a chest face is X2, which is literally a brick with legs and arms.
>>
File: Shoutmon_X7SM.jpg (76KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Shoutmon_X7SM.jpg
76KB, 320x320px
>>15272818
The blocky fat body shape really reminds me of Genisic GGG. Maybe it's something only I am seeing but it really reminds me of the body shape.

Also no, Superior mode wielded the microphone as a staff just I think he also made a fire blade out of it.
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (122KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
122KB, 1440x1080px
>>15272870
Also not quite the face chest but the V on all of Shoutmon/s digixros comes from his head so it's sort of a face chest, and anyways I don't think it needs another face when it has like 4-5. Also while not having drill knees he does have drill thighs.
>>
>>15272879
>>15272870
Holy shit. Okay I'm definitely watching this now.
>>
File: 1511443_1443142261909_full.jpg (207KB, 642x800px) Image search: [Google]
1511443_1443142261909_full.jpg
207KB, 642x800px
>>15275000
Superior mode is only in the final episode unfortunately, but it's a pretty glorious ending. It's a fun show though, and if you like Digimon and mecha it's an enjoyable combo. Young hunters still sucks a big fat cock tho.

Also if you like GGG in your Digimon, Omega Shoutmon is literally modeled after Gai which especially fits since Shoutmon aims to be king of all Digimon.
>>
Since this seems like the place to ask: What's the info on V-pets these days?
>>
>>15275091
You don't need to keep convincing me dude, my penis can only get so erect.
>>
>>15276005
Shoutmon have that effect on people.
>>
>>15275554
The latest one out is the Digital Monster ver. 20th, which much like the 15th anniversary Digivices, is a reprint of the first V-Pet with extra content. That extra content being the entire roster of all 5 original versions crammed into one package with a few extra hidden throughout. Also you can simultaneously train two Digimon at once, encounter random Digimon like the Digivices, and even connect to the internet.

It doesn't come out until June though, so everything else is pretty hush.
>>
>>15275091
Nene sucks big fat cocks

She is a idoru
>>
>>15276125
thanks!
>>
>>15276125
which is better?
15th edition with all the show digimon
or
20th edition with evolution trees and accelerated growth tree
>>
>>15276024
Just watched the first episode of xros. Can confirm that moment when Shoutmon came back to life made my dick hard.
>>
File: 1000095886_6.jpg (64KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1000095886_6.jpg
64KB, 560x560px
>>15282389
The 20th isn't out yet, so I can't tell you. Being able to battle online is a major plus, but until there's confirmation on whether it's region locked or not, I just can't say.

So, stick with the 15th if you want a screen accurate Digivice that has a fun quest game built in, but keep your options open for when the 20th is out.
>>
>>15282977
Xros is a series that would have vastly been improved if instead of having Akari and Zenjirou for the first half it was solely focused on the Digimon and their generals. Shoutmon is the most developed of any Digimon partner and really stands on his own, I rather see his antics than Zenjirou being a loud retard or Akari wanting to go home.

Really once akari shuts the fuck up about going home she's much more tolerable and quite cute when she is crushing on Taiki, but zenjirou is fucking obnoxious and I hate him.
>>
>>15283645
I find myself not minding Akari's whining so much because that kind of character is standard for digimon. Zenjirou could be less obnoxious but the style of the show prevents that (usually the comic relief has his own digimon to help him be more well rounded).
>>
>>15284891
Akari is only annoying really in the first few episodes, specifically the Bastemon episode. She is fine because she grows and she complimented Taiki well. Zenjirou is a terrible comic relief character, is obnoxious, useless, takes A LOT of screen time, never grows or develops, and adds nothing to the show.

The funny thing was they decided to take that and make it the main character with Tagiru, and it's just as bad as it sounds.
>>
>>15284901
Who or what is tagiru?
>>
>>15288844
Tagiru is the protagonist of Young Hunters and I hate him. He is extremely annoying, obnoxious, prideful, a Mary Sue, and basically if you blended Zenjirou and Daisuke into one character.

He also has an extremely punchable face.
>>
>>15288898
Forgive me but, what's young hunters?
>>
>>15288960
So Xros Wars had two seasons that wrapped up it's plot with Xros Wars and then Xros Wars: Death Generals. But the thing is Toei had an empty time slot, had to shit something out, and they already did this to Saint Seiya. So they released Xros Wars: The Young Hunters Who Leapt Through Time, which involved Taiki, Shoutmon, and the rest of Xros Heart being secondary characters and took a back seat to Tagiru. To make matters worse they limit Digixros to two Digimon and you can only have one Digimon at a time.

This meant everyone had teams of Digimon and would go out hunting (capturing) Digimon to engage in 1 on 1 battles, hunt stronger Digimon, and prove who was the best hunter(trainer). This probably sounds familiar to you because this meant young hunters literally was just Pokemon with Digimon, adding in the very annoying and shitty Tagiru as the protagonist even though Taiki is in the fucking cast.

Then the last segment of YH is a fanfiction tier crossover where all former protagonists come and team up together to basically not do anything other than participate in pointless fights and congratulate Tagiru on being the best even though he is possibly the worst.

The only notable things about young hunters is that Gumdramon/Arresterdramon are solid designs, digi quartz is an interesting setting at least visually, the music/animation is pretty good, episodes focused around the old cast are pretty alright, and it's only 25 episodes long.

So basically it's shit.
>>
>>15289129
It's funny how the KR Decade of Digimon actually killed the anime side of the franchise for years.
>>
>>15289144
The problem is that they weren't fully committed to it. They announced past protagonists would return from the beginning but the only thing we got in the first half of the show were some silhouettes.

When they do return for real, we get two episodes with them in action and then they basically disappear to become power ups for Tagiru in the final episode. They were way too worried about establishing Tagiru as an hero in his own right for some reason.
>>
>>15289191
I an currently watching through Young Hunters because I never finished it. Had this been Taiki using regular Digixros and the entire damn thing revolved around his reintegrating into society, protecting the world, and interacting with the past protagonists, then Young Hunters would have been fine. Literally a lot of what makes YH shit can blamed on Tagiru.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.