[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /m/ feel about Iron Man? Movies? Comics? Cartoons? Animes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 13

File: 1484086996116.png (987KB, 1440x885px) Image search: [Google]
1484086996116.png
987KB, 1440x885px
How does /m/ feel about Iron Man? Movies? Comics? Cartoons? Animes?
>>
File: 1367724889637.jpg (240KB, 989x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1367724889637.jpg
240KB, 989x1500px
>>15258836
Not enough mecha action and the fight scenes themselves were lame.
>>
I never got into the comics, but I liked the look of the Silver Centurion costume.
>>
>>15258883
The comics are the definition of mediocre. Not even the success of the movie could bring success to the Iron-man comics.
>>
>>15258907

>the trolling in strong in this one

>>15258883
look at /co/ i think there's yet a ultimate guide for the best Iron man stories and arcs to read.
>>
File: 2088570.jpg.jpg (22KB, 384x446px) Image search: [Google]
2088570.jpg.jpg
22KB, 384x446px
>>15258836
Movies, despite the dumb quips, were a success and helped to bring a "B" character ("C" for many people) to the top of mainstream heroes. The way they did the evolution during movies were also notable and "credible". In general, the result here was great.

Cartoon, well... Disney killed Avengers Assemble cartoon and 3D teenager Ironman was shit. Marvel here, except for X-Men'92, were always a waste. DC with Bruce Timm set the bar too high for them.

The anime version from MadHouse, to be pretty honest, was a surprise to me: more serious tone and nice overall production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcYzS81tsNs

About comics, only hqfags cares about it. The best "upgrade" movie universe made to comics was the new suit design, putting those old ones into the garbage. Only this.

And I would to add another point: collectables. It was created to sell infinite versions of him: figuarts, hot toys, sideshow, bowen, iron studios, even plamo from Bandai. Almost a plague.
>>
>>15259274
>Movies, despite the dumb quips, were a success and helped to bring a "B" character ("C" for many people) to the top of mainstream heroes.
It's easy to lose site of how much of an also-ran that Iron Man was before the movies.
>>
File: 818015-mandarin_super.jpg (21KB, 445x577px) Image search: [Google]
818015-mandarin_super.jpg
21KB, 445x577px
>>15258836
Armored Adventures had some neat designs
>>
File: iron man recommended.jpg (326KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
iron man recommended.jpg
326KB, 1280x720px
>>15258967
I'll post it myself
>>
>>15258836
One of my first super heroes and Marvel super hero.
>Movies
1 and 2 are great, 3 is shit.
>comics
Most of it up to the 90s is pretty solid stuff. After that it becomes a bit more mixed and now are shit under Bendis with Superior Iron Man being the last good arc. Though thats not that old I guess.

>Cartoons
I met him in the 90s one so I'm fond of it. Never got into AA.

>Anime
It's not really worth it, I have yet to watch the movie.
>>
File: stark tentacle rape scene.jpg (72KB, 500x243px) Image search: [Google]
stark tentacle rape scene.jpg
72KB, 500x243px
>>15258967
>Implying Fraction and Bendis's run during the Iron-man movie era were good.
>>
>>15258967
I'll never get the irrational hatred some people have for the IM comics.
>>
What are IM's best in-armor feats?
>>
File: 4962064-5146869435-stren.jpg (209KB, 1024x749px) Image search: [Google]
4962064-5146869435-stren.jpg
209KB, 1024x749px
>>15259460
>>
>>15259274

Did Bandai actually make Iron Man plamo? All I ever saw from them was SHFiguarts

>>15259294

I'm quite curious to what causes Iron Man to become a "B-list" character in the first place does it involve Civil War?
>>
I used to be really big on him, but his comics have been shit for years now barring Superior and all of his movie appearances after the first are mediocre at best.
>>
I like Ironheart a lot more than I was prepared to
>>
>>15259512
The likes of Miller, Morrison or Moore never wrote an ambitious "graphic novel" with him, so people who aren't really that interested in super hero comics as of their own don't care about him. This perpetuated the myth that no one cared about him before the movies despite his comic being a solid seller(never Batman or Xmen size mind you, but always stable) since inception. IIRC only two relaunches of the Iron Man comic didn't coincide with line-wide relaunches(vol 4 and Invincible).
>>
>>15258836
I'm being 100% unironic when I say he's probably the most fascinating superhero I can think of, and not just because his powerset is determined by whatever suit he chooses to wear (or because I'm a huge /m/fag.)

The thing that keeps Stark interesting is how incredibly talented and hyper-competent, but simultaneously flawed and self destructive he is, to the point where his pros and cons as a person almost balance each other out. He's someone you can both idolize one minute and demonize the next, and even though he trys his damnedest to do the right thing, sometimes his idea of the "right thing" is questionable, but even when it is, there's always a justifiable sense of cold logic to it.

He's so smart and aware of it that he thinks he has all the answers to his and everyone else's problems (and to be fair he often does), but his solutions are sometimes just as likely to save the world as they are to put it in danger. Stark is honestly capable of wiping out just about any threat if he puts his mind to it, but he often holds back for the sake of minimizing casualties, which I think is one of the reasons his Buster suits almost never actually bust the target (it's usually a friend.) It's like Batman, but cooler and without the batgod bullshit that makes Batman boring. Stark is both a gift to the world and his own bag of worms. It's equally arguable that the world would be a better place without Tony Stark AND that it wouldn't exist at ALL without him (There are numerous times his ideas bailed the Avengers out of world-ending threats, and he's saved the world by himself more than once.)

>>15259694
This. Iron Man comics were always pretty damn good, at least during the 80's throughout Volume 4 (and halfway through volume 5 wasn't half bad.) They were never amazing, mind you, but they always delivered on the character's general concept. Personally, I think the character was at his strongest throughout the 90's and early 00's. Bendis can suck a dick, though.
>>
File: 11751storystory_full-9355114_.jpg (143KB, 1000x534px) Image search: [Google]
11751storystory_full-9355114_.jpg
143KB, 1000x534px
>>15259377
Didn't it, though? They really made some questionable choices with the direction of the show, but it will always have one of my favorite War Machine designs.

>>15260824
That is a great summation of the character. I think I'm going to save this.
>>
>>15258836
I like the War Machine, the one in the second movie. The one with the M134 Minigun on the shoulder and those cool-ass Air Force markings on them.

That one.
>>
>>15259686
WE
>>
>>15259686
Iron Heart is almost offensively boring. She doesn't have any of the traits that make Tony fun to read.

Her suit is cool, though.
>>
>>15261793
the third movie really dropped the ball with the iron patriot thing. with everything, really.
>>
>>15262218
I was really hoping that iron patriot would lose its paintjob toward the end and just turn into war machine.
>>
>>15259396
HYPERVELOCITY
Y E
P L
E O
R C
I
T
Y
>>
File: 001_zpsqnrasckp.jpg (95KB, 615x1024px) Image search: [Google]
001_zpsqnrasckp.jpg
95KB, 615x1024px
>>15259512
>Did Bandai actually make Iron Man plamo? All I ever saw from them was SHFiguarts
My bad, it's not from Bandai, it's from Dragon (and pretty hard to find). Iron Man and War Machine MK2 available.

>>15259512
>I'm quite curious to what causes Iron Man to become a "B-list" character in the first place does it involve Civil War?
I'm not talking about fans and his legacy inside the Marvel "HQ universe". I'm talking about mainstream public who don't read comics: before the first movie in 2008, 99% of them didn't even recogzine him (pretty different than "A" characters, like Superman, Batman or Spiderman). Iron Man is a success now (specially collectibles), but before 2008, well... was just another one.
>>
>>15262183
She's literally Miles 2.0. Bendis is a bit of a one-trick pony, in case you haven't noticed.

>her suit is cool, though.
Agreed, but it's just a more feminine take on the Model 51.
>>
File: hell, it's about time.webm (3MB, 846x360px) Image search: [Google]
hell, it's about time.webm
3MB, 846x360px
>>15258836
I think the movies are entertaining.
>>
>>15259377
Totally agree. Didn't like the direction of the show much, but the designs were pretty sweet.
>>
>>15262183
She has her own traits, I didn't expect small black Stark from her

She does have a similar penchant for sarcasm though
>>
>>15262293
Hypervelocity was such a damn cool short story, it needs more of a proper spinoff. With no flesh body left, how does the suit change over time? Who are some creepy mechanical villains? Etc.
>>
File: IronManWarMAchine.jpg (249KB, 779x698px) Image search: [Google]
IronManWarMAchine.jpg
249KB, 779x698px
>Marvel's producing a MVGU
>we might get a AAA Iron Man game.

So, suppose this ever happens, what are the most important aspects you'd include in the game? Mechanics, easter eggs, story arc(s), villains, etc.
>>
>>15266908
Well, multiple armors should be a given, so I'd like a level design with that in mind. Energy managment should also be important in the gameplay given how big of a plot point it was on the early years(and some later years too depending on the writer). If extremis abilities could be incorporated it would be a plus.

As for easter eggs, I think the armors would do enough, would also be neat playing as War Machine, some Crimsons Dyanamo, Guardsman and Titanium Man. Heck, there's 4 armored people running around in current Marvel comics so even those would be fine.

As for stories, the Armor Wars's is the easiest to translate to game form but it'd probably be better to make an original story and at most call the game Armor Wars as a reference. As for the villains, the predictable choice would be the Mandarin and if we can't have him in the movies, it would be nice to have him on something like this, but I'd be okay with anyone as long as its good.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.