[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was supposed to be a comedy, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

This was supposed to be a comedy, right?
>>
>>15252007
Yes. And you're supposed to be the joke in it.
>>
>>15252007
Pretty sexy ship if you ask me.
>>
>>15252007
Yes. Prestige is still the best Nolan movie
>>
>>15252007
How the hell did this think managed to take off from the heavier gravity planet exactly...?

Also, we have a massive water problem and polution but let's roll in SUV and try to grow corn...?
>>
>There is a momen---
DOCKING was GOAT, but the movie was pretty meh tbqh.
>>15252072
Not bad.

>>15252104
I don't think it was ever stated that the Ranger would have issues with high gravity.
I mean it makes sense, but I don't think they ever mentioned it.
>>
>>15252222
>DOCKING was GOAT
My nigga, that shit was epic and best part of the movie.

>>15252104
The ships are more advanced than the tech we have now, fuck knows. But surfing down a skyscraper sized wave then gunning the engines on the way up was radical as fuck.
>>
>>15252222
How does it achieve liberation speed exactly? Where are the engines for that, and the fuel?
>>
>need big ass rocket to get shuttle into space
>next time shuttle can easily leave planets on its own

>can build gundam colonies in space
>can't somehow solve earth's pollution
>can't build closed colonies on earth, underground or underwater
>but building colonies in space somehow solves everything

>too retarded to check planet and landing site from space
>too retarded to know a planet next to a black hole where 1h=7years isn't the best place to live

>future humans transcend time and space
>somehow need a random emotional faggot to send morse code back in time

Can someone explain how and why would humans suffocate, sound was bad.
>>
>>15252274
No, I know, I had the same complaint (especially since I assumed they needed boosters to leave Earth). I'm just gonna chalk it up to the power of corn based rocket fuel. The funny thing is that issue has bothered me much more than the other glaring gaps in logic of the movie.
>>
The timey wimey room ruined it for me. Well, it was worth it just to see Hathaway scared in a space suit.
>>
>>15252319
>power of corn based rocket fuel
Now THIS, solves kinda everything...
It's funny because it's the same thing, when this little vessel landed on it I was all "this shit'll never get back up into space on its own (logically)". iirc, it's not very big (like 20m big or something).
For my gf it was the corn, like, one and a half hour into the film she was still "sure it's pretty but still... fucking corn...". I'd agree that it was totally retarded as well, a dust storm and corn, sure!
>>
>>15252295
Living next to a wormhole would be awesome. You could travel far away at nearly the speed of light, come back home, and everyone you knew and loved is still there.
>>
>>15252295
>too retarded to check planet and landing site from space
>too retarded to know a planet next to a black hole where 1h=7years isn't the best place to live
The landing sites were already mapped out clear as day from the beacons the initial explorers would deploy. As for the mission time was never on their side, travelling to each planet would take months/years to accomplish so they picked ones with a good to go green signal.

They simply didn't have time to get to all of them, the time difference thing they fell for is a bit silly but then again no human has ever experienced anything like it and never would have been prepared, plus they were pressed for time anyway.

>>15252295
>Can someone explain how and why would humans suffocate, sound was bad.
Certain plants were being affected by some kind of disease which spread alarmingly rapidly and would kill them off before a cure could be researched.

It was insinuated all plant life would eventually be affected, meaning no crops to grow meaning no food to eat, and ultimately the breakdown of our ecosystem and atmosphere because plants/trees = air.
>>
>>15252606
>It was insinuated all plant life would eventually be affected, meaning no crops to grow meaning no food to eat, and ultimately the breakdown of our ecosystem and atmosphere because plants/trees = air.

~80% of oxygen is created by algae, which are not plants (or trees but that's a given).
>>
>>15252719
people making this had zero idea about anything, they just wanted to sound smart so that retards will think they are watching an intellectual movie
>>
>>15252072
Complete waste of what was the biggest technological revolution. Also fucking dumb that guys first instinct is to kill himself.
>>
>>15252007
I saw this last night, damn! it was awful.
>>
File: 1485808048724.jpg (173KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485808048724.jpg
173KB, 640x480px
>>15252007

The whole premise of why they needed to leave the planet in the first place was pants-in-ass retarded

>disease kills all plants
>can't find a cure
>WELP BETTER LEAVE THE PLANET

So how can it be guaranteed they won't just take the disease with them to a new planet? It's impossible to quarantine and sterilize something as fuckhuge as a colonization effort, and all it would take is one little contaminated speck of dust that hitches a ride on some hull seal to contaminate their whole new wonder world. Also it was shown they couldn't even quarantine plants well enough in a controlled environment (in their underground plant labs) and those were still being affected by whateverthefuck disease.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.