[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As someone who cares more about supers than reals (although I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: flitoldyoung.png (174KB, 490x275px) Image search: [Google]
flitoldyoung.png
174KB, 490x275px
As someone who cares more about supers than reals (although I fucking love anything by Takahashi), I thought AGE was pretty good, even though it wasn't great. I don't get the hate.

Me too I was sceptical when it was first announced, but I remember /m/ actually enjoying it tons.

I thought all 3 gens were pretty great and didn't have any complaints about them.

To my knowledge, you guys are complaining about the lack of episodes for the characters to develop, but I think 12-13 episodes were actually enough for 1 gen. Look, you won't get to know everyone in detail. It's like how it was in school. You have a bunch of people you just know, that doesn't mean you'll get to know more than that about them. They aren't the main characters. You and your friends are.

Also, people are literally complaining about UNDERSTANDING in a Gundam show? It wasn't more contrived than your average Tomino series.

Also Flit did the right choice. No one that old should continue torturing himself with the past. It really was the best outcome for everybody.
>>
Sure, the series was a little generic, but it's actually above bad gundam series like 8TH Ms Team and 0083.

I'd consider AGE mid tier. There's nothing offensively bad about it. It's just a little dull, but overall it's a decent series.
>>
>>15250704
If I was you, I would of just not posted this thread instead of wasting time trying to defend AGE against the retarded masses of /m/.
>>
AGE is shit in my opinion but Flit is fantastic as a character. You can genuinely believe and see his character degradation throughout the entire story up to his pivotal moment where he utterly usurps his shitty grandson as the true hero.
>>
>>15250732
That alone bumps the series up to mid level.

At least I find a character I like, as opposed to the gazillion gundam series with mcs you'd rather see dead.
>>
>>15250731

I'm betting you're the guy from the last AGE thread who got butthurt when people pointed out that the way it's framed the Vagans could have moved Second Moon at any time. Though it's not like that's even in the top 5 of AGE's problems regardless. It's villains taking up time than they have any need for, pointless characters and pacing are far bigger issues, and there's a few others besides.

Not that it'll matter since everyone just tries to paint any complaints as coming down to Kio and/or people wanting genocide end since they're easier to discuss and dismiss.
>>
File: Arisa2.png (164KB, 586x324px) Image search: [Google]
Arisa2.png
164KB, 586x324px
People say AGE characters weren't memorable? Agree to disagree.

She barely had any screen time, but the moment she did, I would never forget the time when she slapped Asemu's ass. It's a memorable moment for a side character.

Also, Captain Ainus, Grodek, Obright, Woolfe.

This show had so many likeable and memorable characters despite the huge cast.
>>
>>15250744
>pointless characters and pacing are far bigger issues
Define pointless.

It's a series about war, if anything, I expect tons of characters, both major and minor. There's nothing wrong with that. They add to the experience.

>and pacing
Again no fucking problem here. 13 episodes were enough for 1 gen. I don't know what's up with you gundamfags wanting 26 episodes per gen. It would have been overkill. The point of each gen is to not get fully acquainted with the characters. You're supposed to take a step back and see the bigger picture, the same way you take a picture of earth from space.

You don't have to know every part of it. AGE was about the bigger picture, not the minuscule moments.
>>
flit was one of the most engaging protags in gundam in my opionion.
>>
>>15250750

this.

This is the reason despite its many many flaws that I cannot call AGE the worst Gundam series ever.
>>
>>15250774
It's pretty much the only reason I sat through its entire airing.

Characters from other Gundam series are usually grating and just plain fucking annoying, but they were surprisingly great in AGE.
>>
>>15250704
that's how the /m/ community is. They enjoy the hell out of it when it airs; then complain massively about it after it's done. Some are even complaining about IBO and it's not even finished yet.
>>
AGE's problem was that Hino was writing the game alongside the TV show, didn't bother to show up to the show meetings, and locked in the hair colors of the offspring way too early. The TV writers were too busy trying to whip together something that made some sort of sense to do anything with a lot of the characters besides whatever notes Hino gave them (which is why Flit, Asemu, and Grodek have decent arcs, but almost everyone else is shit).

I feel like the show and game would've been better received if Hino had bothered to come up with the story first, gotten it looked at by other writers, and THEN adapted it for TV, so shit like Fardain (which is RADICALLY different in the game) wouldn't have happened, and a lot of the weird pacing and focus problems wouldn't exist.

It also didn't help that the show couldn't do the game's "everybody on the Diva talks to each other via space twitter" thing, which probably would've fleshed them all out a lot more.

>>15250806
>that's how the /m/ community is. They enjoy the hell out of it when it airs
I was fucking here when AGE was on and barely ANYONE enjoyed the show, and I think that only happened in Gen 2 and early Gen 3, before Kio went full retard.
>>
All the OPs and EDs were fucking great. I'm usually just your average JAM Project fag, but I enjoyed the songs a fuck ton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUeHInGjvtw

They didn't sound too try hard (unlike some gundam series I will not name). It really hit the perfect balance.

AGE didn't really have to be a Gundam series. I think it would have been way more appreciated if it wasn't tied to Gundam.
>>
>>15250831
>weird pacing and focus problems
I thought it was rather focused.

It was all about the 3 gens. Is there something I'm missing?

>but almost everyone else is shit
Or maybe they didn't need arcs? Not every character you meet need endless background exposition.

It's natural Grodek gets some because he's kinda one of the main characters.
>>
>>15250838
I'm talking about what happens INSIDE those 3 generations. There was no need to spend like 3 or 4 episodes on the kids in Fardain or Girard Sprigan. All that time could've been used to develop the plot, setting, or characters instead, so stuff like the clone dude wouldn't be so half-assed or Zeheart wouldn't come across like he got brainwashed by Ezelcant in the show (it's only in the OVA that he gets his massive guilt complex).
>>
>>15250806
People hated on Age before, during and after.
>>
AGE is the best modern Gundam show if you don't count Build Fighters. Sejoon Kim did wonders on the show.
>>
>>15250895
If AGE is the best then Gundam really is dead.
>>
>>15250883
>on the kids in Fardain
It gave Kio a wake up call.

>Girard Sprigan
I didn't care about him at all you're right, but it's only a minor complaint for me.
>>
>>15250831
I remember the consensus for the first arc, at least early on, seemed to be "It's inoffensively boring" but I feel off after like episode 4 or 5 and ignored discussion after that. IT wasn't really loved or hyped up at all.
>>
>>15250938
>It gave Kio a wake up call.
That was in fucking Gen 1.

>>15250938
>I didn't care about him at all you're right, but it's only a minor complaint for me.
Girard Spriggan was a woman.

>>15250943
>I remember the consensus for the first arc, at least early on, seemed to be "It's inoffensively boring" but I feel off after like episode 4 or 5 and ignored discussion after that. IT wasn't really loved or hyped up at all.
You were lucky and missed out on a bad show.
>>
>>15250894
>>15250943
These. People bitched about it before it aired because "Gundam controlled by smartphone" and Level 5's kiddy character design. They hated the aimless side-trips in Flit arc, argued over Yurin vs. Emily, hated Romary, what was left at the start of Kio arc liked murder midget but quickly saw it turn to REAL shit. There were, of course, a few that liked it and were weeping over Woolf and Diva and cracking Captain Anus jokes, but the majority hated the fuck out of the show.
>>
>>15250938
Oh her. I forgot. It's been 7 years since.
>>
>>15250992
Too bad I still found AGE better than Unicorn (which I thought was a massive waste of time and budget)
>>
>>15250704
>I don't get the hate
The writing is FULL of dumb things, characters were poorly handled, many started to hate it before it even aired because of the designs.

I'm of the opinion that the good things it had made up enough for the show to get an average rating.
>>
>>15251006
Honestly, UC is such a heavily flogged dead horse that I would love a ten year moratorium on UC stuff and for Sunrise to actually do another sequel series in an AU.
>>
>>15251040
I don't hate UC, I just hate Unicorn. It had no reason to exist.

Absolutely none. CCA was a good enough conclusion.
>>
>>15251062

CCA was a good conclusion to Amuro and Char. It didn't resolve Zeon at all. 0079 was a better conclusion to them. Or ZZ.
>>
>>15250704

This was a really bad show, because of some of the insanely stupid decisions in it. Like, we know Kio's dumb, but fine, he's a kid.

What's really dumb is the fact that the Veigans deliberately wanted their own people to die, and wanted to kill all the warlike people so only peaceful people remained.

What's EVEN DUMBER is the fact that Asemu ended up undermining his OWN SIDE to keep the war going. Why? What was the point? His side, under his father - the Supreme Commander - was WINNING THE WAR! Why would you not want the war to conclude?

Then there's Zeheart.
>>
>>15251124
Zeta wasn't any better when it came to decision making. I'm just tired of seeing people rag on AGE when plenty of other Gundam shows commit these mistakes to an even larger degree.
>>
>>15251124
>wanted to kill all the warlike people so only peaceful people remained
It's funny since that same era of peace they wanted was already going on before they started being stupid and attacking colonies.
>>
>>15251146

Zeta was decades earlier.

>>15251153

I know, right? I'm also wondering why the Veigans started leveling perfectly peaceful cities and murdering civilians (Like at the start of Gen 3) and why Zeheart's totally cool with that.

Or why Kio decides to save - of all things - the clone whose only words were "DESTROY!". Or why he held back from killing Gorilla-man after Gorilla-man murdered his best friend.
>>
>>15251165
So? That doesn't excuse it. msg didn't have those retarded decisions.
>>
>>15251153
>>15251165
Man, the Vegans were all stupid and blind, aside from Ezelcant, who was just fucking insane. That's the only thing I can say about that... besides the fact that 99% of space colonists in Gundam seem to have the same problem.

>>15251174
That's probably because no one reigned in Tomino on Zeta and the rest of UC. Tomino isn't a great TV show writer, and without good collaborators, his shit is often weird and barely comprehensible.
>>
>>15251174

Is that relevant? It hardly makes AGE any less bad.
>>
Unicorn was 6 episodes of nothing about a fucking rock.

Also it really paints the naïveté of Japanese world politics. The American constitution gets trampled upon by both parties on a constant basis and no one bats an eye.

Nips assume that politics operate with logic.

They're so wrong.

In other words, in a realistic setting, no one would give a shit about a piece of rock or what it has to say.
>>
>>15251193
Um yes after how m praises Zeta even though it's really not any better.
>>
File: Threethingsofyouth.jpg (127KB, 1280x723px) Image search: [Google]
Threethingsofyouth.jpg
127KB, 1280x723px
If there's any nitpick I have about AGE, it's that I wish Shawee went with Asemu and Romary to military academy. Would have been nice to see him form a beta couple with Arisa.
>>
>>15251006
From a business standpoint unicorn is most certainly not a waste of time or budget they got a lot of return out of it because for better or worse Japan loves endless Zeon
>>
>>15251219
>Unicorn was 6 episodes of nothing about a fucking rock
I wouldn't be so pissed at Unicorn if the characters weren't so bad and the poorly delivered exposition everywhere.
>>
>>15250704
It was fine for the first 3 quarters. The last quarter turned it into shit. If it weren't for Flit and the side cast I would pegged it as totally irredeemable.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.