[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just picked up Virtual On Force for the 360, and would like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: vo4_temjin_wtf1.jpg (452KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vo4_temjin_wtf1.jpg
452KB, 1280x720px
I just picked up Virtual On Force for the 360, and would like to have a VO thread. Does anyone still play online? Favorite VR? Favorite game?

Ive also been looking for an arcade cab of any VO game, does anyone know where i should look?
>>
>>15249238
>Favorite VR?
Apharmd S, because shoulder cannons and rocket pods are badass.

>Favorite game?
VO:OT, although to be fair it is the only one that I own. I've heard only bad things about MARZ and Force, but that could just be purists complaining that things aren't the same as they used to be. I always consider picking them up, since there's only so many times that I can re-fight the same handful of opponents on the Dreamcast.
>>
>>15249486
>MARZ
They tried to put the Virtual On mechanics on a mission-based game. Imagine you have to fight 5 or 6 VRs every mission. The game isn't too hard even then, although some missions are a quagmire. There's a mission where you have to navigate a maze while fighting Apharmds and dodging invisible mines.

There's an interesting concept in its story mode, though. Before you reach the final boss, you need to collect fragments of something (I forgot what it was), but you're not the only one looking for it. If you fought someone who was after the fragments and lost, they would take one of your fragments, and you'd lose 1 hour (there's a time limit to collect the fragments).

Still, not very good.
>>
>>15249238
Temjin, original VO. I played entirely on Sega Saturn, only couple times in arcade.

On ebay, original VO arcade, $500ish or more too lazy to check.
>>
>>15249503
that sounds awful

>>15250014
ive been looking on ebay and craigslist for the past month and havent come across any listings, i hope someone sells one soon. Ive found some listings on arcade seller websites, but they are all going for 2000 and up, plus shipping...seems a bit much for me, especially when someone says they go for less than 1000.
>>
>>15249238
>>15249486
VO:OT is the best fighter in the series.
Force is a fun party game with 2v2.

VO:OM was my first mecha game in the arcade... when arcades were still a thing in the states. Avoid MARZ.
>>
File: 17522774.png (18KB, 350x450px) Image search: [Google]
17522774.png
18KB, 350x450px
my favorite VR is fei-yen kn (RNA colors). I don't like how they made her into a mecha maid in subsequent games

favorite game is oratorio tangram, I still play it on a dreamcast emulator sometimes. Marz had a lot of interesting additions, even though the story wasn't interesting at all and made little sense, playing through missions was pretty cool. It was just a little too slow and I prefered the controls on dreamcast game. while marz isn't most people's no.1 VO game, I think it's ridiculous to tell people to avoid it, it's not that awful to warrant that kind of attitude.
>>
File: WP_20150603_001.jpg (365KB, 1632x918px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150603_001.jpg
365KB, 1632x918px
>>15249238
Favorite is VO:OT, the fastest and most deep combat. Favorite VR is RNA Fei-Yen Kn but I agree with >>15252558 I never dug the maid direction they went with the design after

Ive got a bunch of figures and models from the series, I even got a pair of Sega Saturn twin sticks from my GF as a gift last year. The jewel of my VO collection.
>>
This Anon is fond of the Grys Vok line, ending in Vox Tetsuo, because NUKES!

I actually liked MARZ, if only for the fact that for a long time it was the only means of access for 4orce stuff. Also helps that the named characters and such were kinda likable.
>>
>>15249486
The issues I had (have?) with MARZ was two fold. First was the horrible control scheme. In spite of having access to twin-analog-sticks for every PS2 console, they instead made a really messed up control scheme for the game. You could choose one of three alternate control schemes, one using the analog sticks as you'd expect, but for whatever reason overlapped the "Change target" button with one of the dash buttons, meaning you would switch targets every time you side-dashed.

The other issue? Load times. Holy shit they were agonising. I was hoping that the PS3 would be backwards compatible in hopes that the load times could be reduced, but no luck there.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.