[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Orbital Frames able to hold their own against Gundams?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6

File: jehuty__by_chasejc-d4xri69.jpg (113KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
jehuty__by_chasejc-d4xri69.jpg
113KB, 900x600px
Are Orbital Frames able to hold their own against Gundams?
>>
>>15249120

they literally teleport weapons from pocket dimensions.

and even the best "real robot" (vic viper) technology from this series is almost as good as them.

gundam don't even stand a chance.
>>
Gundams are tame as fuck compared to shit that are out there like Orbital Frames.
>>
I doubt it with their space compression. Was there a time Gundams got close to that technology?
>>
>>15249120
>>15249145
Jehuty V2 is basically 00 Quanta with DG Cells and the Gundam equivalent of Gate of Babylon. I'm not even sure if Moonlight Butterfly is an effective counter.
>>
>>15249120
>doubting the power of the metatron
>>
File: Naked Jehuty.jpg (116KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Naked Jehuty.jpg
116KB, 1920x1080px
>>15249120
more like what gundams could hold a candle to Orbital frames should be the thread anon.
>>
File: 1411746150376.jpg (46KB, 615x630px) Image search: [Google]
1411746150376.jpg
46KB, 615x630px
>>15249120
>ZERO SHIFT the HEDGEHEG
>*teleports behind you*
>Pssh, nothin personnel kid.
>>
>>15249120
I like Gundams, but clearly the OF was designed as a WEAPON TO SURPASS METAL GEAR.
>>
>>15249120
Many of them, yes. Some of the weaker models I could see having trouble fighting the more advanced Gundams, but for the most part an Orbital Frame is a pretty damn powerful machine.
>>
>>15249120
>Orbital Frames

The only shit that can beat those fuckers are 40k titans and The KROGOTH

but the 2nd one is unholy rape
>>
>>15249220
>VIDAR the HEDGEHEG
>>
A newtype pilot could probably find that undamaged Raptor.
>>
>>15249177
Turn A has nanomachines son
>>
>>15249120
Their strongest weapons literally fold space, they outclass gundams completely
>>
>>15249120
>hold their own against Gundams?

LOL

they'd fucking decimate them
>>
>>15249339
And? Jehuty has macross tier weaponry on it, the vector cannon works by tunneling through space, it has the ability to teleport to anywhere is damn well pleases
>>
>>15249340
but isn't that rare? that's like touting the satellite cannon or moonlight butterfly for all gundams

what's the common orbital frame weapon? an analogue to the classic beam sabre and rifle?
>>
>>15249354
I think you're confusing them with LEVs, LEVs are shit tier compared to Obrital Frames and just carry around a bunch of rifles and shit, the orbital frames are on a league of their own, they are incredibly sturdy motherfuckers with gorillion of laser coming out of every part and then you get the specialized ones that go full retard in their power

I also think the blade Jehuty has a pretty small scale phase shift ability since it gets charged with energy when you use it

Orbital frames are centered around their ability to put the metatron in their bodies to ridiculous uses
>>
>>15249397
I'm not talking about levs, I asked about orbital frames
>>
>>15249354
Orbital Frames use mainly energy as its "ammo". They can do almost anything they want with it, being creating an energy blade, an explosive ball, tons of homing mini lasers, and so on.

Even without Zero Shift, and OF can go up to 400,000 km/h (given enough time).
>>
>>15249120
I love gundam, but ZoE's Orbital Frames will wipe its ass with Gundam, hell they'd do the same for macross too.
I mean the Jehuty was able to basically teleport endlessly and survive what was pretty much a blackhole imploding when it had the shit beaten out of it.
Lets not forget the fact that it also has an A.I, can pull weapons out of nowhere, and did half of its feats with a 13/14 year old child in the cockpit.

Even the Quanta would have trouble with the Jehuty, and this isn't even including absolutely murderous bastards like Anubis.
>>
Gundams are just really good LEVs when compared to an Orbital Frame.
>>
>>15249475
This.
Discounting stuff like 00 quanta and Turn A the strongest gundams in terms of more conventional fighting ability are notches below the Vic Viper
>>
>>15249464
>(given enough time).
Meaning minutes at worst
>>
While we're on the subject of ZoE, I'd just like to say that ADA is best girl.
>>
>It's a OP underestimates what Dark History Turn A, Extreme Gundam and Quan[T] Full Saber can do thread

Putting those aside, would somethig like the Terra Sono or Testament Gundam win against an Orbital Frame given the element of surprise? I know otherwise they'd get wrecked obviously.
>>
>>15249354
Orbital Frames tend to wield solid blades of some kind for close combat and tons of beam weapons for ranged combat. Most have at least one attack where they fire upwards of a dozen beams simultaneously, which they can bend and make track targets. They can do this attack with no appreciable charge-up time. Basically Crossbone's Peacock Smasher is the default Orbital Frame ranged weapon.

The specifics beyond there vary. Many Orbital Frames have pocket spaces that can store whatever weapons they please: Jehuty is unusual in just how many of those weapons it has, but it steals the majority of them from enemies who were carrying them before or local terminals carrying data meant for someone else's frame.

Ardjet's cloak is made up of about a hundred Wisps, which are basically GN Fangs that can also be used to form a near-invulnerable shield.

Neith displays the ability to control its severed limbs.

Nerokerubina was able to produce a Satellite Cannon-sized beam on demand, large enough to wipe a city off the map. Jehuty can do something similar with the Vector Cannon.

There's all sorts of ridiculous shit that OFs can do.
>>
>>15249587
If they could even damage it. Metatron armor is shown to be extremely durable and easy to regenerate. Terra So'no could maybe do it with the MA parts, but Testament doesn't have anything resembling the raw firepower.
>>
>>15249351
Black History Turn A can teleport freely as well, use Moonlight Butterfly however it pleases, regenerate, summon weapons from thin air, and then there's the whole "teleport beams into your cockpit" thing.
The Black History Turn A Gundam would actually not be a very different experience if it was playable in ZoE.
>>
>>15249605

Wouldn't the Testament's virus fuck up ADA at the least? Resulting in the frame prretty much being crippled?

With the So'No I was thinking more along the lines of "If you aren't a newtype or similar and this thing gets close to you, you become pretty much braindead." Though metatron has been shown to fuck with a pilots head too.
>>
>>15249120
Gundams are no match for Metatron.
>>
>>15249612
it's also pieced together from two novels, the setting guide, and a game. Seriously, the Black History Turn A is basically a meme at this point because people just take every feat from every incarnation and tack it on.
>>
I just finished the second game and I think the real question is, why is the Vic Viper so sexy?
>>
>>15249464
Wasn't that Dolores falling from orbit though?
>>
>>15249474
Well, I mean Anubis and Jehuty are sister frames with more or less the same capabilities.

It's also worth noting that Jehuty and Anubis are kind of exceptional even for orbital frames. Most frames are (comparatively) simple with more limited capabilities. Broadly there are three types: mass produced mook units that are usually drone controlled (Raptor, Mummyhead), custom built ace units with special capabilities (Neith, Ardjet) and large mobile armour analogues built more for mass combat against lesser targets (Zakat, most of ZoE one's bosses). And the humble Raptor is a far cry from Jehuty, even space force LEVs can shoot some down on their own during the canyon battle (although at great effort, and with the Raptors operating on the lowest level AI).

Of course, that being said a Raptor is still more than a match for comparable mook units from just about any Gundam show, I think only the GN-X series could match it.
>>
File: Zoe2-illust-nohman small.jpg (68KB, 320x460px) Image search: [Google]
Zoe2-illust-nohman small.jpg
68KB, 320x460px
>>15249680
This is the will of Metatron!
>>
The basic Type-C Orbital Frame, represented by Neith, would be a pretty difficult enemy for all but the most ridiculous Gundams. Jehuty, Anubis, Hathor, Dolores, Testament, and Iblis can all do some pretty crazy shit, and metatron is a living thing that has the capacity to grow with its pilot.

This is without projecting forward the technological progress of Orbital Frames. You have to remember that Jehuty and Anubis are literally just 2.5th-gen frames built with a specialized purpose in mind.
>>
>>15249587
>Quan[T] Full Saber
Remind me, other than the fuckhueg sword on the right shoulder, what advantages does the Full Saber have over regular Qan[t]?

On a related note, how much better (or worse) would ELS Qan[t] do against Jehuty? Could ELS regeneration match Metatron armor (>>15249605)?
>>
>>15254250
The GN Sword IV on the Full Saber was supposed to act as a helper for Twin Drive synchronization like the Raiser, but then tests showed that the base Qan[T] could run the Twin Drive perfectly fine without it.
Basically, it's just the Qan[T] with a few more blades.
>>
>>15254250
We have literally no idea what ELS Qan[T]'s feats are, since all it did was make some flowers bloom. We can only assume it has all of base Qan[T]'s power, along with the ability to regenerate and assimilate. It might be able to use some form of ELS bits that it can control. But that's all speculation.
>>
File: 1338622036350.png (716KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1338622036350.png
716KB, 1920x1080px
>>15249120
>Are Orbital Frames able to hold their own against Gundams?
I haven't read most of the thread, but at the risk of possibly repeating what's already been stated, yes. An Orbital Frame will dominate nearly any Gundam except the Turn A (and X), and maybe 00QuanT or G-Self.
>>
>>15249120
Maybe the quant/turn a/other but its a huge MAYBE since goddamn orbital frames move and react at such stupid inhuman speeds it wouldnt matter when everything is about high octane all range metatron violence with them. Theyre practically super robots
>>
>>15254327
G-Self would get destroyed, it may be powerful as fuck by Gundam standards but even its weapons like the Copy-Paste Shield or Photon Torpedoes can't do shit against the hax that Orbital Frames can do. Perhaps Crystallized Unicorn would be able to stand a chance, given that it's a fully awakened psychic Newtype machine that literally grants the wishes of the pilot.
>>
>>15254454
Yeah, I dunno much about the G-Self, I stopped watching Greco, but I heard anons here say it approached Turn-A levels of absurdity, so I added it just in case
>>
>>15254498
Yes the the perfect backpack + g self crazy stupid random powers (afterimage GOING FAST, ifield hands/everything)+ belliri being fucking invincible made it do some crazy one man army shit made it REALLY fucking strong.
Its really strong but compared to even faster shits it'll get decimated by orbital frames.
>>
>>15254498
It's easily within the top 5 or so strongest Gundams out there, it's just that it doesn't have an answer to anything like teleportation or psychic hax.
>>
>>15249120
Reading through this topic has inspired me to actually PLAY Zone of the Enders.

What's better at this point?
>Emulate the original PS2 versions via PCSX2
>HD Collection for PS3, with the patch to unfuck the framerate
>>
>>15254534
If you have a PS3, there is no reason not to play on it
>>
>>15254534
HD collection for PS3. you can just buy 2 on the PS store if you can't get the collection for a good price
>>
But the real question is, who is sexier?

A Orbital Frame, or a Gundam Frame?
>>
File: 1369421105833.jpg (66KB, 634x632px) Image search: [Google]
1369421105833.jpg
66KB, 634x632px
>>15259764
Depends on case to case, there are a TON of ugly Gendums and OFs both, and Gendoms got sheer amount on their side, but OFs get Dolores on their side, so if one go Best-Vs-Best then OFs win.

You really can't compete against Dolores.
>>
>>15249612
>"teleport beams into your cockpit" thing

Didn't it also teleport nukes into cockpits?
>>
>>15249120
The battle between the A.D. century Gundams might take a while.
>>
>>15262376
Its funny, each time people retell the meme it grows, first it was only beams and shit and now anything and everything is being teleported by the Turn A

The fucking thing is literally the mary sue of gundam, even going above and beyond Jesus Yamato
>>
>>15249339
I'm not sure if those nanomachines can destroy metatron and as long as the metatron crystals remain, Jehuty will self repair.

Additionally, seeing as the moonrace wasn't destroyed by moonlight butterfly, the nanomachines don't function well in space. If Jehuty takes this fight to orbit moonlight butterfly isn't the trump card it should be.
>>
>>15249562
Mind, "girl" by very loose definition of the term. LeoXADA is basically canon, though.
>>
>>15249120
>Has a weapon that can compress motherfucking space it self
>Manipulate time so you can teleport behind your enemy
>SELF FUCKING REPAIR
>Become stronger each time it fight

Gee whiz sherlock I wonder who will win...
>>
>>15263902

People exaggerating it's abilities doesn't make the actual thing a Mary Sue anon. It means people are exaggerating it's abilities. And in some cases just plain making stuff up, or at least being erroneous or spreading stories without verification.

>>15265644

The nanomachines probably work fine in space, they most likely just have a range limit though. Even if that limit is 12, 000 miles or whatever diameter the planet is. They'd probably view crystals as organic matter and leave it alone regardless though, so it doesn't make much difference.
>>
Just stick comics Galvatron against an orbital frame. Galvatron was nigh invincible in the comics, and never killed in the show, plus insanity.
>>
>>15266906
>The nanomachines probably work fine in space, they most likely just have a range limit though.
The MB at full power covered the space from Earth to Jupiter.
>>
>>15267270
But Galvatron's like, what, half the size of an Orbital Frame?
They could just try stomping on him.
>>
>>15249120
Gundams are fairly grounded in the stuff they can do, at least compared to other franchises like Armored Core and ZoE.
I mean, the average Armored Core lugs around more guns than Full Armor, WHILE in atmospheric combat WHILE moving as sanic speeds. and that even pales to what Orbital Frames can do. Game over, man,
It'd be like that boss fight in AC:VD.
>>
>>15267389
Eh? Most AC's aren't all that impressive. NEXTs are another story, but even they're a joke compared to the likes of Jehuty.
>>
>>15267369
Galvatron takes lasers to the face, has unlimited ammo, has an unlikable subordinate, and is technically dead already, due to being a reborn Megatron. Now tell me the advantages of an Orbital Frame. Also, autocorrect was going to say genital instead of orbital.
>>
>>15267399
IIRC even the old ACs from the very first games could hit over 400km/h,

Then again, there are some pretty ridiculous claims like the Zeta's waverider being able to hit mach 25 or some shit.
>>
>>15267365
Yeah but it didn't say how long it took to do that, it could have taken months if not years of it going berserk for it to happen
>>
>>15267389
Normal ACs are powerful but not bullshit powerful, NEXTs are a whole other beast since they outright go against the laws of physics thanks to their kojima particle hax, it doesn't help that their pilots have to be the equivalent of cyber newtypes or something similar hooked to their machine
>>
>>15268012
It's from one of the novels IIRC. And the supposed claim is that at full power the MLB can cover everything from Earth to Jupiter.

In reality, i.e. the show, the Turn A had to fly around the world spreading its nanomachine storm.
>>
What if you built a Gundam with Metatron?
>>
>>15266024
>Manipulate time so you can teleport behind your enemy
>SELF FUCKING REPAIR
>Become stronger each time it fight
Now youre just making up shit.
0 Shift is basically vectors shooting jehuty to whatever location.
Mummy requires energy and even than its just gameplay or else damaged jehuty wouldnt be a thing since it needs to find metatron to repair itself.
It only gets stronger when it absorbs lloyds program/anubis data (to become v2/naked) that was specifically written for it
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.