[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anno made one mecha show, ONLY ONE, and yet it ended up being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 1357058660927.jpg (140KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1357058660927.jpg
140KB, 960x720px
Anno made one mecha show, ONLY ONE, and yet it ended up being better than everything Gundam.

I know it was a fluke, but how many times has Tomino tried? He still hasn't managed to replicate the success of the original.
>>
I'm speaking of Gunbuster by the way.

>inb4 eva is mecha
>>
Gunbuster is shit.
>>
>>15244391
This. The only people who like it are moefags and proto waifufags.
>>
>The bait is strong in this one
>>
>>15244381
I love Gunbuster but I wouldn't say it's better then all the Gundams.
>>
>>15244386
That's he only thing your right about, Anno can take his knockoff Ultraman and shove it up his ass which incidentally is what he seems to be doing with the rebuilds
>>
But Anno made more than one mecha show.
>>
>>15244386
>cyborgs
>not /m/
>>
>>15244430
Eva was interesting because it was the first of it's kind to say "fuck you" to regular story convention and introspective looked into a really fucked up depressed mans head. In history, some of the most highly regarded artwork was maid by people who were in abject misery due to some high level brain problems.

But obviously, now that he's been happy and married "for years" it's obvious he's a hack writer. None of the movies make any fucking sense story wise and the characters are basically derivative stereotypes of their former selves.
>>
>>15244477
>it was the first of it's kind to say "fuck you" to regular story convention
Wha--hahahahaha?!?!?!

Watch more anime.
>>
>>15244501
Well, maybe I should have said Mech anime. But whatever, my point was that Anno was neither good writer, storyteller, or a visionary. His fucked up mind just allowed him to create something interesting and semi new. That's it.
>>
>>15244518
>neither good writer, storyteller, or a visionary
I think the same could be said about Tomino.
>>
>>15244518
>Mech anime
And you'd still be wrong.
>>
>>15244477
>introspective look into a really fucked up depressed mans head

who is dominos
>>
L-Gaim is a masterpiece and rekts everything by the faggot Anno
>>
>>15244557
Have you actually watched L-Gaim? It was proto ZZ and the show got worse as it went on.
>>
>>15244381
>>>/a/
>>
>>15244571
The second half is a masterpiece. So many 10/10 episodes
>>
>>15244573
Are you kidding me?

The second half was a clusterfuck of massive proportions.
>>
File: denondoesnotapprove.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
denondoesnotapprove.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>>15244381
>This nigga doesn't want TRUTH.
>>
>>15244518

Yes, Zambot 3 obviously was a happy tale from an optimistic creator. And that's probably not even the first mecha anime that's fucked up or pessimistic/depressed.
>>
>>15244381
i know this is bait, but still i must post.
Nobody understands Neon Genesis Evangelion. It's chief strength is ominous religious symbolism. Ominous religious symbolism and incomprehensible technobabble. It's TWO strengths are ominous religious symbolism and incomprehensible technobabble and copious fanservice. It's THREE ...

...I'll come in again.
>>
>>15244723
Evangelion's innovation is not its morose tone, but rather the way it communicates its messages. Zambot was depressing, but it was barely introspective. It was 90% plot with very little in the way of character development or aesthetics. Evangelion communicated its messages through intense focus on character, often eschewing the plot in favor of character development, and in the idiosyncratic filmmaking, such as the episode where Shinji is assimilated into the EVA that's comprised mostly of surreal montage and cryptic voice-over. No mecha anime before Eva integrated avant-garde filmmaking so extensively.
>>
>>15244381

Pretty hard to compare high budget ovas with TV series but don't see how Gunbuster is as good as Turn A Gundam, Zeta, CCA or the original.
>>
>>15244747
No one expects the SEELE inquisition
>>
>>15244890
>idiosyncratic filmmaking
>not "we have no fucking budget left and literally can't do anything but voiceovers, montages of old shots, and stills"
>>
>>15244381
Gunbuster is 50% shit and 50% awesome. In that way it's much like your standard Gundam show, but unlike any Gundam you can draw a line at the exact moment it goes from shit to great.

And that's halfway througjh episode 4. People who praise a 6 episode OVA with 3 and a half episodes of shit are forgetful fools who let the memory of a good ending overwrite the memory of a shit beginning. It's the journey, not the destination, so while Gunbuster ends up amazing, taken as a whole it is mediocre.
>>
>>15245064
Not him, but "art films" tend to have low budgets and need to work around that fact. So he kind of has a point.
>>
>>15244518
>Anno was neither good writer, storyteller, or a visionary. His fucked up mind just allowed him to create something interesting.

Hit the nail on the head. Good job.
>>
>>15245064
Why not both? Like it or not, it is what it is. Besides, End of Evangelion has beautiful art and animation and still uses those techniques and goes even harder with them despite the obviously high budget.
>>
>>15244381
Some people are more talented
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.