[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This sucked.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10

File: 61051l.jpg (80KB, 318x450px) Image search: [Google]
61051l.jpg
80KB, 318x450px
This sucked.
>>
File: 2.png (609KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
609KB, 900x1200px
>>15239915
>>
>>15239915
it had Pitz, point moot
>>
>>15239915

Sadly, yes. But it didn't have to.

A competent writer could have fixed this show in an afternoon, but they didn't give a shit so the last third is just a mess.
>>
>>15239915
No, YOU sucked!
>>
>>15239915
Watched for brown tits, stayed for gattai sequence and monster of the week.
Very similar to Star Driver in premise, but I enjoyed Star Driver more because of the fabulous MC.
>>
It's the same as pretty much every Bones series.

Interesting concept and cool designs with a pretty good start, but slows to an utter crawl after the first few episodes and goes almost nowhere until the last three or four episodes, where it's like the writers remember "oh shit, right, we have a plot" and the ending feels congested and rushed. See also: Eureka Seven, Star Driver, Xamdou, Heroman.

Coincidence that they're all coming-of-age stories with a white and red robot? Probably not.
>>
>>
>>15241280
I might be biased, but I don't feel that Eureka seven was horribly slow. Maybe it's because the Gekko is always moving at the control of the crew, taking them to new destinations, but the major events of the first Coralian, Renton leaving, meeting Sakuya, and the final showdown all felt well spaced-out and well timed. It's the same with FMA, they're always going to new places and meeting new people, and collecting new information, so the plot never feels like it isn't moving.
>>
File: Captain.Earth.jpg (3MB, 5816x4084px) Image search: [Google]
Captain.Earth.jpg
3MB, 5816x4084px
>>15239915
No, you're literally wrong because of the Earth Engine Impactor and its formation sequence.

Was the 3DS game any good?
>>
File: ee9b7712dbaa94c2111953d296143d76.jpg (649KB, 1040x1300px) Image search: [Google]
ee9b7712dbaa94c2111953d296143d76.jpg
649KB, 1040x1300px
>>
>>15239915
>This sucked.

Yes, indeed it did.

FANTASTIC launch/gattai sequence though.
>>
Sucked by how much? Elaborate. I think it definitely failed to live up to its potential, like every goddamn Bones show, but it was still okay. It excelled on visuals if nothing else.
I mean, if you think a show of quality is shit, you might as well give up on the genre. I don't think I can name five mecha shows better than Captain Earth that aired after it did.
>>
>>15239915
Wrong
>>
>>15244317
>a show of this quality
Is what I meant to type.
>>
>>15244297
This, but I liked the girls
and the reveal about the moon. That was interesting.
>>
>>15239915
No it doesn't
>>
>>15239915
This rocked
>>
>>15239915
Beautiful typography on that logo though.
>>
>>15239915
Hate to say it but despite being a fan of a lot of their shows I have to admit Bones has been fucking up left and right with a lot of potentially good shows and this is one of them. The visuals were good but the story was literally non existent. I know a lot of people like to shit on other shows for having a weak story but if they were to do that on this show I wouldn't blame them for feeling that way. There were a couple of episodes that tried to pick of the slack but for the most part it was just not there and there were a lot of goofing off scenes with the cast doing cute stuff for the sake of passing the time it was annoying after a few times.

I liked a lot of things behind the show though not so much the designs on the Guilty Gear. The show is missing characters and plot threads to make the 20+ episodes worth watching. Captain Earth is a cool title, wish it had a cool story to go with it.
>>
>>15241280
I honestly never understood why Eureka Seven was so praised to the skies. Aside from the nice animation and cool mech designs it had nothing going for it.
>>
>>15247182
Maybe if they gave us one villain faction, it might've not been bad. Like focus just on the KTG since most of them were just cardboard cutouts.
>>
File: screenshot_1_6473.jpg (79KB, 600x362px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_1_6473.jpg
79KB, 600x362px
>>15241280
I can't agree with you on Eureka.

If anything, it shows the path to success with Bones. Simply give them a full 50 episode series.
Eureka is a ride that would become a clusterfuck of G-Reco proportions if they tried to cram it into two cours like their later shows.
Most people agree with Bones' originals being pretty much like that, written as if they couldn't think of a way to fit it into 24 episodes and wrapping everything up abruptly at the end.
>>
>>15247328
>Praised to the skies

Never heard of this praise I thought it was pretty divided, and the fanbase is pretty small IIRC.

>Nothing going for it

Eureka Seven is another show by Bones that didn't use everything it had and it set up a lot more than Captain Earth did. It's biggest mistake was making its story center on Renton and have everything else sit in the background aside from maybe a few other characters. Still, Renton got most of the attention.
>>
>>15247446
>If anything, it shows the path to success with Bones. Simply give them a full 50 episode series.
Rahxephon and Wolf's Rain says otherwise.
>>
>>15247446
E7 was a clusterfuck with 50 episodes.
>>
>>15247454
I haven't seen either.
To the best of my knowledge, RahXephon does actually have a relatively lively fanbase... at least it's what the numerous NGE vs Rah discussions on here and elsewhere would lead me to believe.
>>
>>15247446

Eureka Seven was still a clusterfuck with 50 episodes because that same problem the two cour shows have is now stretched out into four. Instead of 10-15 episodes where fucking nothing happens, E7 had 30-35 episodes of fucking nothing.
>>
>>15247456
This is true, the main story is barely given any attention in the first half and in the second half Bones tries to salvage it but doesn't have the foundation set so all they can do is tell the story as they go along. The main story is pretty fragmented with the little information the viewers are given.
>>
>>15247465
>I haven't seen either.
Get on it. Its there best mecha work and its from the director of Yamato 2199
>>
>>15247449
E7's biggest mistake was its plot. Why do you think whenever people praise ot its mainly for its cast rather than its story? Because it didn't really make much sense and characters sold them on the series more so than the plot due to how they were written. Most people will forgive story flubs if they remember your characters now outside character designs do you care at all about the cast of Captain Earth?
>>
>>15247483
That's pretty much what I meant. The story is centered on Renton the whole way through and when you have all these other characters and things just sitting there then they're just being wasted. Besides characters like Holland and Talho everyone else didn't get their share of development or screentime.
>>
>>15247483
Parts of the story were also the reasons people liked the show though. They liked the things that made it different to other shows. The story didn't make sense toward the end with made up concepts but much of the rest made sense IMO. If we're talking about characters then Dewey sure as hell made little sense but then again the story doesn't cover him all that much.
>>
File: Earth Engine.png (215KB, 395x642px) Image search: [Google]
Earth Engine.png
215KB, 395x642px
It's a pity

Because this thing is GOD DAMN SEXY HOLY SHIT
>>
>>15247549
needs pirate colors, then IT'S A SHOWTIME
>>
>>15247549
Is that Demonbane?
>>
>>15247328
Speaking as someone who praises it to the skies, Eureka Seven had some of the best character interaction and development going on. I think the military plot with Dewey was essentially in the background to Renton's coming-of-age story, with him travelling to new places and learning about the world, both good and bad, as well as building his relationship with Eureka. Every episode pushes forward that story, and imo it did it really well. Eureka Seven was probably the first Romance that I actually enjoyed watching, even if looking back it was kinda idealized. The hippy terrorist cell aesthetic was pretty good as well, and it was nice to see how much detail they put into referencing other shows. And of course it had good character designs, good mech designs and a good soundtrack. The only complaint I ever really had with it was that Dewey didn't really come off as all that charismatic and mostly weak.
>>
>>15247446
>G-Reco
Man, I wish they gave that show even just 13 more episodes to sort out the pacing issues. It could've been among the best Gundam shows, if it had enough room to slow down the pacing enough so that people without photographic memory could watch it
>>
>>15247549
I picked up the Kotobukiya kit of this. And while it requires a little work and painting, it's soooo fucking sexy. I'm actually sad there was never a Nebula or Flare Impactor.
>>
>>15249508
Was that show even good I heard it turned to shit pretty early on? I watched the first 2 episodes and the confusion started when Bellri decided to join the other faction if memory serves.
>>
>>15249481
>Had some of the best character interaction and development going on.

Hell no and this is coming from someone that liked the show when I first saw it years ago.

>Every episode pushes forward that story

Not every episode and even when it tries it usually doesn't do it right. Ep 7 for example served no purpose other than making Renton look like a retard. Ep 14 is a recap and could've explained some things but it didn't really give the viewer much. A lot of points where the story slows down somehow involves Renton learning something from people but the lesson is usually the same. It seems Renton can't get the idea in his head that he shouldn't expect people to be things he doesn't understand himself. They all have this in common. He's too naive about peoples' intentions.

Eureka Seven's story falls apart if you analyze it too closely main reason being there are too many unanswered points in the story that viewers have to know to make sense of what's going on. The very general idea going on from ep 1-35 is Holland is supposed to run away somewhere after he meets Norb (never explained) then goes to Bellforest to get the drive for the Nirvash and coincidentally meets Renton, Eureka's partner. Then after this nobody knows what the hell is going on, the viewer doesn't know if he's looking for Norb and if he is, why. I'll admit that things make more sense after around the 40th episode but that's 35 episodes of not really making sense. Whatever happens happens for a reason but it doesn't have anything to do with the original goal being Norb. Putting this in other words the show's two halves are completely different in the way they tell their story. Despite the story spending so much time trying to get that point across, Renton still doesn't understand he's fighting a war for 19 episodes. That's probably the biggest hole in his development. There are points where he doesn't reflect like a normal kid would and this just makes his development pointless.
>>
>>15239915
Watched like 8 episodes and couldn't get into it. Felt more boring than Heroman
>>
>>15247182
>Guilty Gear

WTF, you mean Kill-T-Gang or Planetary Gear m8.
>>
The whole ending made me think this is Star Driver but less gay.
I preferred Star Driver
>>
>>15249796
Personally I enjoyed this over Star Driver but that's only because SD got on my nerves with the blatant Harem pandering shit. I also kind of hated the fact that pretty boy didn't really permanently defeat his foes and always found a way around their upgrades so he doesn't kill them. They should've stayed down the first time imo even if the pilots didn't die. SD has a better story but it didn't resonate well with me.
>>
>>15249809
Honestly the action of Star Driver resonated with me more than Captain Earth. I felt like the battles were more animated and fun rather than the gun focus in CE. I'm not sure about Harem stuff occurring though.
>>
>>15249822
The harem stuff was insinuated, notice how multiple girls either got really close to Takuto like the green haired chick that kissed the window glass, or thought about something Takuto said that made it seem he was into them like the girl with yellow hair I think she worked for the green-haired girl, and the two other twin girls I think one of them was a maiden? Even Wako had a thing for Takuto but she had these fantasies where he made out with the dude that had the strongest mech. Sorry I can't remember names and details, it's been a while since I saw the show and I never looked back.
>>
>>15249822
As for the action yeah, I can see that being better than the battles in Captain Earth. The show was pretty lazily written and I heard it was just made to train some employees.
>>
At least the threads were comfy while it was airing.
>>
>>15247483
The thing is the cast kind of sucked too. I mean outside of the main four the rest barely have a single trait between them and just linger on in the background. And even the main four weren't that great, you had the whiny crybaby, the obligatory Rei clone, the harlot who works the MC like a slave, and the leader who vents his frustration by beating up kids. The only character that was remotely likable was Charles and he was only around for a handful of episodes.
>>
>>15249930
I dunno anon, I thought Renton was probably the most inconsistent from those four you mentioned. Eureka comes off pretty vague at first but she starts to get some basic characteristics that go beyond Rei's character in Eva so I wouldn't exactly call her a clone. She's definitely based on Rei I'll give you that. Talho and Holland were better characters and probably more likeable than the other two. Holland despite initially beating Renton for like 3 episodes at most backs off and apologizes eventually so he learns from his mistakes. Talho also does the same thing and matures after she finds out she's pregnant. She treats Renton a lot better after like the 5th episode.
>>
Who wanted to fuck the brown chick?
>>
File: Robin Goodfellow.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Robin Goodfellow.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>15254333
depends, we talking her normal self or badass evil self?
>>
>>15239915
I really liked it.
>>
>>15254333
yes
>>
>>15241024
Enokido used to be an amazing writer though.

I've not seen this but I fucking hated Star Driver's scripting.
>>
>>15261446

CE's script is worse than Star Driver's. Star Driver's biggest sin was that there was no tension at all, Takuto couldn't lose and everyone knew it. But when you get to the end, all of the characters are true to themselves and while Head's time travel plot was a bit out of left field its was reasonably consistent with what had been established before. The villains got more character development than the lead, but in the end the Crux turns on Head and it feels like payoff.

CE has more tension at the start and middle, because the Earth Engine gets WRECKED more than once. But despite setting up the Kiltgang well enough, that potential gets fucking wasted because most of the just sort of fuck off and never show up again until the very end where they get the biggest shaft any badguy faction has ever been shafted with, as the result of a villainous plan with no setup and which felt like a total asspull.

The ending of Star Driver was a strong finish to a flawed show. The ending of CE was a dogshit finish to a show that should have been great.
>>
>>15262371
>most of the just sort of fuck off and never show up again
Yes 2 or 3 of the designer children where completely pointless. But SD had a big problem with throwaway, underdeveloped characters as well.
>they get the biggest shaft any badguy faction has ever been shafted with, as the result of a villainous plan with no setup and which felt like a total asspull.
Uh, Puck kept plotting from start to finish. The whole subplot about the machine to transfer conscience and his shenanigans existed only for that purpose and it was clear it was going to be the real villain.
>>
>>15262404

Oh, it was obvious that Puck was the final bad. The problem is that we skip like 5 huge steps of his plan totally offscreen.

Puck steals the memory machine and uses it to download himself into Kube using a machine you have to be physically strapped into, who goes off and basically just has sex with people and does nothing else. A successful test!

And then, suddenly and without warning, Puck just sort of already is on the Kiltgang's alien spaceship out near the edge of the solar system, without the Kiltgang knowing how he got there. Puck can now just install himself into fucking anyone and anything he so much as looks at, and hijacks the bodies of the Kiltgang to turn them into unwilling suicide bombers.

None of what Puck did in the last two episodes had any setup. The differences between installing himself on Kube are what he does to the Kiltgang and Hanna are so vast that they have nothing in common. Its like saying "I paid my water and power bill this month so that they wouldn't cut the electricity to my home. As a result, with a little research, I now can create monsters of out electricity with my mind and send them forth to do my bidding! See, it was an explanation because I said electricity both times!"
>>
>>15239915
such blunt honesty is refreshing on this board
>>
>>15262443
>And then, suddenly and without warning, Puck just sort of already is on the Kiltgang's alien spaceship out near the edge of the solar system
Wait, I thought he was always there and the one at Macbeth was just some sort of terminal.
But yeah they should have shown how he perfected the machine.
>>
File: Broken English a go-go!.png (827KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Broken English a go-go!.png
827KB, 1024x576px
>>15249639
>Was that show even good I heard it turned to shit pretty early on?

Not him but I enjoyed it.
It had good music, animation and such. Though the 3D space lift was a bit of an eyesore.

I would never call it a good show because it really botches a lot of story-telling principles and instead opts to take you on a ride around the world they came up with.
It's an enjoyable experience but it's best to binge it as hard as you can because the writing takes absolutely no regard for the viewer. Either you're listening to the "tour guide" or you get a slap in the face and won't make any sense of what's happening at all.
It's not really depicting war or conflict, it's depicting people playing at war at best.

It's just weird and it's what I ended up liking about it. Though I am no fan of Gundam series (haven't seen any aside from Reco and Thunderbolt), so much I can admit to.
>>
>>15262509
>But yeah they should have shown how he perfected the machine.
Actually, thinking back about it, couldn't the magic body switch the singularity he gained from developing an Ego Block? It would make sense.
>>
>>15262509

> Wait, I thought he was always there and the one at Macbeth was just some sort of terminal.

Yeah, that's the problem. The entire show treats him as a human invention that turns out to be smart enough to play its own game, and then at the very end he's like "LOL, I was the ships computer of the alien ship all along! Psyche! Also this is my betraying you."

Which isn't foreshadowed at all, and doesn't make any sense for how he was serving his function on Earth. If Puck was the ships computer on the alien ship, what the hell did Salty Dog build and how did the AI get there? Puck's entire motivation for working with the Kiltgang is self preservation, because he doesn't want to be destroyed when they harvest the Earth. But if he was the ships AI all along, he was never at any risk of being left hind in the first place because he isn't ON Earth.

Its just a tremendous asspull because they couldn't be bothered to come up with a way to get Puck from Eath to the alien ship, so they just handwaved it.
>>
>>15262655
>The entire show treats him as a human invention
Honestly I thought he belonged to the Kill T Gangs ever since the first interactions between them, compared to the ones with Kube.
>Puck's entire motivation for working with the Kiltgang is self preservation
For the same reason I assumed he worked with them because he belonged to the Kill T Gangs.
But refresh my memory, how did the KTG got reincarnated on earth in the first place?
>>
>>15262683

We honestly don't know. There was a super secret program to make the designer children, bust its unclear if the designer children being reincarnations of the slumbering Kiltgang was intentional or an accident. The organization that made them got busted up and scattered, so we never really learn much about them beyond some of them went on to be the Macbeth company.

Whats curious as fuck is that they couldn't possibly have reached the Kiltgang ship to gather any material directly, so its really a mystery how they made the designer kids. Or why, even. If they know what the Kiltgang are its a question of why you would ever wake them up, if they didn't know what they were its a question of how they could have possibly succeeded.
>>
>>15262714
Oh okay. And what was the deal with the Blume?
I should probably rewatch it, there are many things I forgot.
>>
>>15262727

The Blume is the alien shuttle that Hana stole and fled with, landing on Earth. The Kiltgang were not on it, and the humans knew it was there but couldn't control it or activate it. I can't remember if they could even get inside it before Daichi stumbled along as a kid and woke up Hana, which was after the Designer kids got 'freed' because Teppei was there.
>>
>>15262735
So maybe humans learned of the KTG and somehow of how to bring them here to the ship?
Honestly when nothing is explained, is easy to come up with theories. Personally I'm not really bothered by plotholes either in series with magical technology so advanced it can justify everything.
>>
>>15257680
Post more Brown and Moco pls
>>
>>15263258
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.