[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll be honest, this was cringe af desu.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (569KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
569KB, 1920x1200px
I'll be honest, this was cringe af desu.
>>
Why has /m/ became a shitposting central?
>>
>>15239308

Because /m/ is slowly dying of starvation, and its becoming inevitable that the board itself will be pruned and we get folded into /a/. There are not enough posters on /m/ to keep the board moving at a healthy rate. This leaves us vulnerable to a small number of trolls holding the entire board hostage, because a single person with nothing better to do can cripple a dozen threads at once and maintain that for days of sustained shitposting.

This is made worse by the fact that, strictly speaking, we don't get that much new content. Every anime season we are lucky if we get three new shows we can talk about, and its a miracle if more than one of them is actually any good. For a board of our size, that leaves a lot of dead airtime that gets filled with retreading old ground and picking at old wounds. Also known as the "the same three Gundam and Eva threads every day over and over again, sometimes multiple copies being alive at the same time".

The board simply isn't sustainable as anything other than a stagnant pool of shitposting the same old shit. This has been true for a while, but its a problem that grows worse with age because any novelty the topics might have had gets worse and worse for lack of any actually new ones. And over time, the confrontational and contrarian nature of the trolls has itself become our 'board culture' and anyone who wants to have a non-shitty discussion gets told to go back to [website], because we apparently LIKE slathering ourselves in our own stale shit.

As far as I can tell, there isn't actually any cure of this. There isn't any way to draw in a larger and more active userbase without more content, and its not like we can just wish new mecha shows into existence. Our choices are to wait until we get folded back into /a/, or pray that Hiro creates a more general scifi board and we get folded into that instead.
>>
>>15239287
Agreed
>>
>>15239308
>Why has /m/ became a shitposting central?
Not OP's fault that you love a cringy mech show.
>>
>>15239287
You're posting on a board where grown men discuss everything from story lore to the specifications of fictional humanoid robots and their respective media, and a show that is slightly more mature than transformers is too cringe for you?
>>
>>15239514
>As far as I can tell, there isn't actually any cure of this
A single mod would do wonders for this board. The shitposters don't make any attempt in being subtle so just one mod could easily clean up the threads.
>>
>>15239287
Nice shit taste you got there buddy, TTGL is amazing.
>>
>>15239748
Transformers is more mature than this cringy waifushit
>>
>>15239762

Maybe, but I doubt the end result would be good. When you put that much power in the hands of one person, it basically means that /m/ is only allowed to be about whatever that one, specific mod thinks the board is supposed to be about. If they don't know /m/ very well, they are probably going to catch legitimate threads in the crossfire. If They are the sort of person who would use /m/ already, you run the risk of personal biases like them just up and deciding that Getter threads don't get to exist because they don't like the fandom or something. /tg/ still tells stories of its infamous 'nazimod' who destroyed threads seemingly at random like a whimsical god for even the slightly hint of off topic discussion, with a loose definition of what the topic ever was in the first place.

On top of that, killing off all the trolls (assuming its effective) doesn't actually solve the core problem that let them thrive in the first place. So the board just gets even slower and more stagnant, because now you don't even have troll posting to bump threads.

And if all the mod does is keep the trolls behind a wall, the moment the mod leaves we fall right back into the shit. Its unrealistic to expect someone to babysit us 24/7.

A mod could do us some good, but they could do just as much bad and they still can't save the board if we don't want to be saved and clean up our own messes.
>>
>>15239866
What we really need is orchestrated discussion. I hate to say it, but a few more general threads would be helpful. Book club / watch club, show of the week sort of thing.

Most importantly, we need a lower thread capacity (maybe five pages rather than ten) and stricter OP requirements. Stuff like twenty valid posts before starting a thread, and no more than one thread a day, or fewer.

Then with a good set of mods who knoe the board, i think we could see a revival. It's no harm having dcisp and other venerables mod the board, certainly better than the clueless agnostic 4chan staff that can't be shitted to learn the first thing about mecha.
>>
>>15240091

Good thought. I know /m/ would probably react violently to a lower page count, but it would probably be good for us.
>>
>>15239866
>>15240091
There's nothing wrong with /m/ for it to change. Just learn to deal with other people's opinions and stop looking for safe spaces.
>>
File: 1281250627887.gif (1MB, 423x288px) Image search: [Google]
1281250627887.gif
1MB, 423x288px
Yoko should get her own series. She can pilot a sniper mecha.
>>
>>15240164
She can pilot my dick.
>>
>>15240091
>Book club / watch club, show of the week sort of thing.
I tabled that one I was working on. Nobody showed up and I had some irl stuff come up so I haven't had time to watch it either so I figured I'll go back to it later on.
>>
>>15239287
>af desu
You type like a nigger. Why is this allowed?
>>
*blocks your path*
>>
>>15239776
Did you actually, you know, finish the fucking show?
>>
>>15240173

nice knowing you
>>
>>15240156

Do you go to any other boards on 4chan that don't suck? /m/ is pretty bad. Maybe not as bad as /v/, but only because we don't put in the effort.

I don't lurk on any board here that consistently hates itself as much as /m/ does. You fuckers hate every show in your genre, and the worst part is you don't think thats weird.
>>
>>15240173
This
>>
>>15240276
Do you think that people are still mad with that episode?
>>
>>15240191
I think an issue was you got a bit ambitious. If I recall you were doing several series at once. I think doing one show with a scheduled steam for people who want to watch together, leaving others to watch on their own, would be best. Like you stream 5-10 episodes a week and start a thread for discussion on a certain day.
>>
>>15239287
please leave /m/ alone
>>
>>15240276
>>15240558
You know what's the ironic part?
That episode was intentionally made like that.
>>
Requiem aeternam.

Dona eis, Domine.
>>
>>15240750
Yeah, maybe more like the first version of two eps of a long thing and one of two shorter things
>>
>>15240156
opinions are one thing, having multiple threads where people say things like "zeta is shit" without our even trying to discuss anything about the show is another
>>
>>15240965

Its not even like Zeta is a recent show. There is simply no reason for there to be so many Zeta threads for complaining about it other than that /m/ is easily triggered about Gundam.
>>
>>15240091
>more general threads

no, actually that breeds cancerous behavior at breakneck pace.

Granted, we're past the breaking point in being able to trust in the normal method of "everyone makes a thread, and good content floats to the top over bad." Hell if you haven't noticed there's occasional bouts of backseat mod-like behavior where a dedicated individual will float as many lingering threads with one word replies so that they can selectively prune away threads they don't like, forcing them to the bottom of page 10 followed with a quick shitty thread to seal the deal. There's posters who are willing to invest the time and energy to circumvent moderation and continue on their merry shitposting way. There are posters who seem to stalk every thread for the first mention of an arbitrary subject just so they can push some meme as objective fact.

Fact is, shit's fucked, and I blame the entirety of /m/ for letting it get this way, myself included. All we had to do was post good content and just discuss shit, but instead we've engineered strains of shitposting designed to survive several iterations of a single subject, and now that shit is starting to leak out into the wild.

That all being said, "the cancer that is killing [board]" is a timeless curse on the format. The only real problem is how insistent people these days are to reject the chemo.
>>
>>15239287
>cringe

Holy shit this place has incredibly low tolerance. no just /m/ but other boards too, you guys are fucking lame.
>>
>>15240965
They're allowed to their opinions. Don't like it? You're free to fuck off.
>>
>>15241884
They are allowed their opinions but we don't need 3 threads at anytime discussing the same thing.
>>
>>15241884
All people are allowed their shitty opinions, but there is a huge gap between a well formed and articulated shitty opinion and simply "It's shit, because I said so, bruh". I don't even need to make esforce to bring a example because in the last few minutes someone already did a Captain Earth where the entry simply reads: "This sucked."
>>
>>15240504
Once /m/ liked mecha, gave shows a chance, and didn't automatically troll every new mecha show by default.
>>
>>15242870

This. If there is no possible set of criteria that could distinguish between your 'opinion' and a post tailor made for starting a pointless argument, the board is probably better off without it.
>>
>>15243114
People would rather not post their full opinion because fanboys would go apeshit and wouldn't be able to deal with it anyway.

TTGL's second half was absolute garbage and brought the overall show down.
>>
>>15243133
> People would rather not post their full opinion because fanboys would go apeshit

If that's enough reason not to post something actually discussable, its DEFINITELY enough reason to not post the one line version that accomplishes the same thing but with no redeeming qualities.

The different between "TTGL was cringe as fuck" and "TTGL wasn't a good show, the second half was bad and ruined it" is huge. The former literally can't do anything but trigger people and provoke upset responses because there isn't anything there besides 'this sucks'. The latter example actually gives people something to talk about that might be worthwhile: why (do you think) the second half was worse than the first, was the second half really that bad, the differences between the first and second halves and what shows OP might like that are more like the first half of TTGL... etc.

Its still a post expressing a negative opinion, but its a negative opinion that doesn't have to drag the board further into shit. Tolerating posts like the former, that give us nothing to work with and can't result in any discussions worth having, is slowly killing this board.
>>
>>15243174
>its a negative opinion that doesn't have to drag the board further into shit.
It has been shit the moment mods stepped in and generals became a thing.

/m/ became a hugbox, so it doesn't matter what I say.
>>
>ITT: /m/ is a hugbox now!
>Also ITT: You want to stop shitposting? What do you want, a hugbox?
>>
>>15240091
That wouldn't do anything, shitposters would still just reset their IP/phonepost.
>>
>>15243948
Wrong post.
>>
File: OP_is_lame [Transformers].jpg (155KB, 529x576px) Image search: [Google]
OP_is_lame [Transformers].jpg
155KB, 529x576px
>>15239287
>I'll be honest, this was cringe af desu.

I'll be honest, you are cringe af desu.
>>
I actually loved the show until Nia showed up. She's was mary sue incarnate and I keep hoping she would fuck off into the background and slowly become a useful and interesting character at some point. Even if it was just on the surface, but nope. Instead she was just inhumanly cute and perfect at everything, wanted the MC's dick from the moment he opened her casket, and never had a single flaw.
>>
>>15244291
Kind of, yeah, but she's adorable so it's okay.
>>
Star sunglasses was super gay and ruined the climax for me because of how dumb they were.
>>
>>15239866
I actually don't mind the idea of /m/ being dissolved anymore.
Gunpla would go to /toy/, and the rest would come to /a/.
All of the interesting people who made /m/ fun are gone (save for a handful), and threads last for fucking days before they get pruned.

The /m/ I knew is gone, and that's fine.
Honestly I wish the archives were destroyed as well, so I wouldn't be able to check on them every once in a while to relive our glory days.
>>
>>15239741
>mech
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as a Mech, is in fact, メカニカル, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Mecha. Mecha is not a genre unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning concept made manifest by the existence of vehicles, military equipment and of course, robots, comprising a full concept as defined by MAHQ.

Many posters use a modified definition of the メカニカル term every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of メカニカル which is widely used today is often called Mech, and many of its posters are not aware that it is basically the Robotech term, developed by Harmony Gold.
So unless discussing Robotech or Battletech please refer to giant robots as "Mecha" and always remember to lurk before postin
>>
>>15239287
better than Active Raid
>>
>>15239287
>af
This typo becoming the norm is really getting on my nerves.
It's 'as'. It's not an acronym, it's the word 'as'.

Kids these days, get off my interwebs if you're just gonna ruin all the good slang.
>>
>>15239866
>you run the risk of personal biases like them just up and deciding that Getter threads don't get to exist because they don't like the fandom or something

You say that as if though it would be a bad thing.
>>
>>15245091
I always thought it was meant to be "as fuck", if its a type then the fucking thing is even more retarded
>>
>>15245371
>>15245091
It is "as fuck" the OP's sentence doesn't even make sense if it was a typo of "as"
>>
Vanguard 1 uses "af" a lot.
>>
>>15245091
The
>ebonics even though we know it's filtered on 4chan
annoys me more.
>>
>>15244435
>but she's adorable so it's okay.
Literally the sentiment of every asshole in the show, which is why she's one of my top most hated characters ever in anime. Also, maybe she would look 'ok' if not for those absolutely retarded flower eyes.
>>
>>15239287
It's pretty overrated but I wouldn't say it's outright bad. It's a really fun show but it's by no means a masterpiece, especially in the second half where it took itself way too seriously for a show that prides itself on how over-the-top crazy it is, without the intelligence or depth to back it up. Not to mention the infamous ending.
>>
>>15239287
It was
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.