[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Shirou the least-skilled Gundam protagonist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: Shiro1.png (672KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Shiro1.png
672KB, 960x720px
Is Shirou the least-skilled Gundam protagonist?
>>
>>15237590
Is OP the least skilled shitposter?
>>
>>15237590
No, Kira and Mika are actively disliked. Shirou is just bland.
>>
>>15237608
"skilled" not "liked"
>>
>>15237590
He's as green as Kou.
>>
>>15237613
Oh wow, how the fuck did I read "skilled" as "liked"?

I need more sleep.
>>
>who is Kio Asuno
>>
>>15237590
Depends on if you mean just the animes or the entire franchise

Id say that banagher n that nerd from sentinel are worse than shiro "zeek fucker" amada
>>
>>15237590
No, the guy managed to fight in a ball and take a Zaku down.
Try those guys piloting the S Gundam.
>>
>>15237590
As far as piloting skills go, he's probably better than Kio and Kou. He's the most skilled pussy fucker though. I mean, he got a zeek to defect and got her pregnant, after all.
>>
>>15237590
He took out an advanced Zaku prototype with a Ball. Nobody in UC has ever managed anything close to that.
>>
>>15237590
Kou is hilariously incompetent.
Kio lets his suits' specs carry his sorry ass all the time.
Loran has no idea what he's doing half the time. Admittedly that's everyone in Turn A, but still.
>>
>He took out a Zaku in a Ball
That was plot armor not skill
>>
>>15237590
Eh, I'd say it's more that we see him over a much shorter span of growth than the typical lead. He'd probably make for a decent pilot in due time.
>>
I'd say alfred but that's kinda cheating

bernie took out a gundam with a fucked up zaku 2
>>
File: page162.jpg (700KB, 1129x1600px) Image search: [Google]
page162.jpg
700KB, 1129x1600px
>>15237590
In terms of battle experience? No, that would be Christina. She probably scored top of her class in the academy in order to become a test pilot, but she's only so good in a fight.

Shiro doesn't have a lot of natural piloting talent, but he has brass balls and just enough skill to make good use of them on the field when he needs to.

>>15237728
>he's probably better than Kio and Kou.
Kou's actually pretty damn great for his time in the cockpit. Don't forget the guy got four kills in about five or so seconds while dual wielding ranged weapons, and he managed to meet one of the most feared aces in UC blade for blade multiple times. Kou has natural piloting talent and it shows, even if he's a colossal dweeb.

Kou's biggest flaw in terms of being a pilot is his monumentally poor judgement, but he makes up for it by being excessively skilled in the practical sense.

Just because he didn't beat his villain doesn't mean he's not skilled. It just means his villain was better.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (25KB, 358x400px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
25KB, 358x400px
>>15238094
Except this fucker
>>
>>15237680
>equating having a Ball that can shrug off shots to the cockpit glass to skill
>>
>>15237728

Its kinda ironical that Kou Really looks like older shinji ikari, but more incompetent, and focused to fuck the local Ritsuko
>>
>>15238676
Christina isn't the protagonist though, that would be Bernie... ok granted he isn't really great either so 0080 probably qualifies for least-skilled gundam protag anyway.
>>
>>15237590
No. I'd personally give Oliver May or Bernie that title.
>>
>>15238094
Io Flemming took neutralized a Dom and hijacked it with just a space suit and a pistol
>>
>>15238453
>bernie took out a gundam with a fucked up zaku 2

Bernie died and only damaged the gundam in a way that it would have been out of the shop in half a day
>>
>>15238094
Not quite, he only managed to delay the Proto-Zaku by
>Drawing fire
>Tying it up with its rocket tether AT-AT style
>Restraining its arms using manipulators
>Shooting out the mono-eye at close range

Everyone moans about the ball not exploding into nuclear hellfire after taking a few shots, forgetting Shiro had to bail out since the thing still blew the fuck up.
>>
>>15238717
>Umon Samon's Legendary B-Gundam

We will never forget
>>
File: 1417572981769.gif (3MB, 642x362px) Image search: [Google]
1417572981769.gif
3MB, 642x362px
>>15238944
Bernie lacks piloting skill but shows a surprising ability to plan out a fight when preparing to confront the Alex.
Too bad he got burgered
>>
File: GundamGallery - Gundam 0080 167.jpg (1MB, 3500x3466px) Image search: [Google]
GundamGallery - Gundam 0080 167.jpg
1MB, 3500x3466px
>>15238944
>>15240084
To be honest, we never saw much of Bernies piloting. He just had bad luck in the first fight, whereas in the only "real" fight, he managed to fuck up an Alex with a half broken Zaku nigger rigged with GM parts. In my book, I think that qualifies him as a pretty good pilot
>>
>>15240110
I agree, biggest showing of lack of skill though is that he swings for the head in the final attack instead of either aiming for the cockpit or the other arm.
I still love Bernie and 0080 though, favorite series.
>>
>>15238094
bitch please, these badasses took a group of GM using break dance to wreck them with a Acguy.
>>
>>15240257
Not even canon.
>>
>>15240257
What the hell is this?
>>
>>15238094
>Nobody in UC has ever managed anything close to that.

I remember that one guy took out and advance transformable mobile suit by crashing it with a cargo plane and a few later that same guy also took on a huge fucking asteroid with his gundam.
>>
>>15240607
Any old Newtype could have stopped that asteroid. Fraw could have stopped that asteroid.
>>
>>15240662
But no one else could have done so with such style.
>>
>>15238113

Loran knew what he was doing the vast majority of the time though. He didn't know a few times, but no more than average really.

>>15238942

Bernie isn't the protagonist though, Al is. We see the majority of events through his perspective, so he's the protagonist.
>>
>>15240728
>Al is.
I love this meme.
>>
>>15240740

> it's a meme

I love this meme.
>>
>>15240728
>We see the majority of events through his perspective, so he's the protagonist.
The protagonist is the character that leads the narrative, not necessarily the character from whose perspective the story is told.
>>
>>15240607

Uso also managed to hijack Chronicle's Shokew using a handgun. I think he was even still falling or something while doing it, because he had been parachuting before getting mixed in to Chronicle's path if I recall.
>>
>>15237590
most actually
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.