[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Mazinkaiser so bad? I thought it was meant to be good.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 4

Why is Mazinkaiser so bad? I thought it was meant to be good.
>>
It was edgy during the era where people unironically enjoyed edge.

Today is the era of "wow it's so self aware and they don't take things seriously, how cool!"

so we are not supposed to like it unless it's in at least 3 layers of meta.
>>
Because it is like Nagai's manga
>>
>>15235087
>mazinkaiser
>edgy
It's pretty much the exact opposite of edgy, aside from those nipples once
More or less the same tone Mazinger has ever had, it's not trying to be shocking, it's trying to evoke nostalgia
You might be thinking of SKL
>>
>>15235103
Nagai's Mazinkaiser manga is unironically better than the anime
>>
>>15235106
You're right. Change edgy to "takes itself seriously" and my post is correct.

I don't know what happened with society that a story taking itself seriously and playing things straight is considered a flaw now
>>
>>15235137
>Mazinkaiser
>taking itself seriously
You're the dumbass here
>>
>>15235137
What a confusing post.
>>
>>15235171
It does though. It's cheesy but it's serious.

Can you say Devilman is also not serious despite the silly stuff?
>>
>>15235210
>It's cheesy but it's serious.
Which part of Mazinkaiser is "serious" other than the Ankoku Daishogun movie?

Both shows (Original and SKL) are incredibly self aware.
>>
>>15235224
It's been like 10 years since i've watched it. I don't remember it being self aware as much Shin zinger was.
>>
>he doesn't like Mazinkaiser
Enjoy having shit taste and just move on instead of trolling.
>>
>>15235240
The show doesn't have to tell you it's self aware.
Just look at the plot of each episode for fuck sake. One involves smut sisters, the other about a birthday party.

Mazinkaiser is slice of life, comedy and action. It's not edgy at all. What the fuck are you guys on?
>>
>>15235251
The first three episodes were good but it got worse as it went on. I nearly feel asleep watching. Literally. It was that boring.

>>15235103
It's nothing like the manga. It's too slapsticky as if they made it based on 20 year old memories like, "yeah, that's totally how it was".
>>
>>15235253
>One involves smut sisters

Actually that was directly taken from the manga iirc.
>>
>>15235374
Most of the material in Mazinkaiser is straight from the manga. Most of the original material were the less comedic things, like the first two episodes. The Gamia episode and the beach episode were almost 100% from the manga. The last two episodes are "serious" and are mostly original content with some TV/manga scenarios thrown in. And then you have the movie which is played completely straight outside of a few moments. So basically, you're flat out wrong. Mazinkaiser is incredibly similar to the manga and is not "too" slapsticky in comparison. Eat shit!
>>
File: 1484773851747.png (338KB, 398x410px) Image search: [Google]
1484773851747.png
338KB, 398x410px
>>15235395
Wasn't talking about the Mazinkaiser manga, but Mazinger manga/series in general. It directly references stuff and scenes from the original, and is out of tone.

In any case, I don't know anything about its manga. Did it come first or after?
>>
>>15235425
>Wasn't talking about the Mazinkaiser manga
Neither was I.
>>
>>15235171
I know what he's talking about. It's light-hearted fun but doesn't laugh at itself or break the fourth wall.

Think Airwolf, it's objectively goofy but in the show itself the matter is serious.
>>
>>15241057
>Think Airwolf, it's objectively goofy but in the show itself the matter is serious.

And then Ernst Borgnine/titty monster twins get blown up and suddenly it's all serious.
>>
>>15244320
GOOOOOOORRRRDDDIIIITTTTAAASSSSS
>>
>>15235071
It is good
>>
>>15235071
Shit taste
>>
>>15235117

I admit the Mazinkaiser anime is bad, but not THAT bad! Not having Nagai's crappy art is definitely an improvement. And the plot for that manga is beyond retarded.
>>
>>15248079
stop shitposting, pedro
>>
>>15248096
After you, João.
>>
>>15248212
I don't have time to play with you, Pablo
>>
>>15235071
It is good tho
>>
>>15248224
It's not bad, but it's not "good". Mazinkaiser is merely ok. They could have come up with a new plot for it, but instead decides to retread Mazinger Z.

What's the fucking point?

I vastly prefer Shin Mazinger and even SKL over it.
>>
>>15248235
Shin Mazinger is more of a retread of Mazinger Z than Mazinkaiser is. Either way, they're both excellent and you suck.
>>
>>15235425
All the goofy stuff in Mazinkaiser is taken shot for shot from the Mazinger Z manga.
>>
>>15248235
>What's the fucking point?
To adapt the titty scenes/Baron Ashura's ass from the Mazinger Z manga
>>
>>15248216
Me neither, José.
>>
>>15248235
>What's the fucking point?
Seeing the characters and robots from Mazinger Z doing things, rather than Imagawa's crossover flashback clusterfuck.
>>
>>15249554
>"Who needs stupid dumb character development and plot all we need is mindless robot action!"
>>
>>15248343
And those were the best parts about Mazinkaiser.

When the director tried a new plot, it was boring as fuck. Same when Imagawa did his "missing pilder" arc in Shin Mazinger.
>>
>>15235395
>The Gamia episode and the beach episode were almost 100% from the manga
Those were the best episodes.
>>
>>15248264
Except Mazinkaiser is completely pointless because superior Shin Mazinger exists. Pretty much everything Mazinger became pointless since then.
>>
>>15249633
God forbid me wanting to see Mazinger Z featured prominently in a Mazinger Z anime.

I didn't even say action was the main reason Mazinkaiser was better, that fact that it focused purely on the classic Mazinger cast was why.

Also nice to see you discarding the most important thing in mecha anime as "mindless".
>>
>>15249778
It's mindless shit. Being influential doesn't turn anything into a masterpiece. Just take a look at Star Wars.
>>
>>15249758
Mazinger Z is the true entry.

Nothing beats the original, and it's certainly not a bomb like Shin Mazinger that will do it.
>>
>>15249758
Mazin Saga

Gosaku Ota's trilogy

I can name more things better than Shin
>>
>>15249864
Influential? Where did I say that was important? Kouji, Sayaka, Boss, Ashura, Dr. Hell, etc. are good characters and I like that Mazinkaiser focuses on them.

Imagawa's directing style irritates me. Really slow pacing, obnoxious narration and dialogue that constantly repeats stuff we already know, and way too many flashbacks and "surprise twists" that aren't interesting due to there overuse. It brought down Giant Robo, and Getter Robo Armageddon improved immensely after he left.

G is the only Imagawa anime I like, and I think that's because Sunrise kept reminding him he was working on a mecha anime.
>>
>>15249890
G was mediocre
>>
I like Imagawa but to say that Shin is the best is pure heresy. Those are just Imagawa fanboys speaking.
>>
>>15249885
Yeah, stuff you never have read. Because Mazin Saga is pure shit and incomplete. And Gosaku Ota, while having some interesting ideas sometimes, is still a third-rate manga artist and it shows.
>>
>>15249928
I read it.

it was pretty good
>>
>>15249928
But Shin Mazinger is one of the most hated anime remake, so who are you to talk about Shin being the best?

Anything is better than Shin. Even nips shit on Shin and Imagawa.
>>
>>15249890
>Kouji, Sayaka, Boss, Ashura, Dr. Hell, etc. are good characters and I like that Mazinkaiser focuses on them

They're barely characters. They're all one-note cardboard boxes and there's nothing interesting about them. At least not in Mazinkaiser or anything Nagai put his hands on.
>>
>>15249940
Yeah, just take a look at what nips rank among their favorite anime and then we can talk about them being right about anything.

>>15249938
No. You did not.
>>
>>15249943
>Boss
>not interesting

Alright pal, I was trying to be civil, but you just crossed the fucking line.
>>
>>15249943
You're stupid for expecting more from literally a gag series like Mazinger.

>>15249947
>Yeah, just take a look at what nips rank
It doesn't matter. I'm just saying that it's laughable that you call Shin the best, when nearly everyone thinks Shin is an abomination that shouldn't exist. (I don't think that, but most do)

Maybe Mazinger isn't for you.
>>
ITT: Basically, people complaining about Mazinger not being a certain way

Seriously, Nagai is a gag manga artist. I laugh at the ignorance of people when they expect stuff like plot and character development from fucking Mazinger out of all things. It's like wanting stuff like Doraemon and Crayon Shin Chan to have a deep plot and characters.

Mazinger was literally made for shit and giggles. I mean sure, you may not enjoy the Harenchi Gakuen 60s humor that got Nagai popular in the first place, but it's another to say that Mazinger NEEDS character development and plot.

You people are fucking nuts.
>>
>>15249955
Standard anime comic relief bully. Jerk with a heart of gold. He's pretty much Shibugaki from Astro Boy.

>>15249971
No, they do not. There's no such hate for it. Just petty things like changing Koji's voice actor. Most people were indifferent and it would have been the same reaction even if it was 100% true to the original. Mazinger is just not hot stuff anymore for your average anime viewer.
>>
>>15249978
>Seriously, Nagai is a gag manga artist.
Yep. A pretty unfunny one.
>>
>>15235137
>>15235087
are you confusing it with SKL or something
>>
>>15249984
Doesn't matter what you think. His humor is what got him to have the MOST POPULAR manga of the 60s aka HARENCHI GAKUEN.

I'm sure he's way funnier than your sad shitposts.
>>
>>15249980
>No, they do not. There's no such hate for it.
Kek. Shin is wildly parodied on 2ch. Old fans hated it, new people didn't know what to make of it.
>>
>>15249998
Do you have proof of this?
>>
>>15249997
It was Jump's most popular, when Jump was not even the the third best selling magazine. It's a far cry from the position they have now, Harenchi Gakuen was their number 1 hit when they were still building a readership. It was popular, but not nearly as much as you're making it up to be.

>>15249998
So? Old fans are not enough to save any series these days, all nostalgia-pandering anime are not doing so great.
>>
>>15250025
>but not nearly as much as you're making it up to be.
Of course you retard. Fans of manga have grown a lot since.

>So? Old fans are not enough to save any series these days, all nostalgia-pandering anime are not doing so great.
Look, Shin is a failure. Why are you in such denial?
>>
I'm a fan of Mazinger because it doesn't have the dumbass writing of Gundam.

You know what's better than bad plot and bad character development? No plot and character development.
>>
>>15250037
>Of course you retard. Fans of manga have grown a lot since.

So are you honestly telling me me you think Harenchi Gakuen was more popular than Astro Boy, Tetsujin 28-Go, Cyborg 009, GeGeGe no Kitaro, Ashita no Joe, Kyojin no Hoshi, Osomatsu-kun, Tensai Bakabon, Obake no Q-taro, Doraemon. Lupin III and many, many others? Sure, of course.
>>
>>15250053
Yeah a lot of these series are for faggots especially astro boy. always hated taht faggot looking robot. Youngsters liked harenchi gakuen because they were for real men
>>
Mazinger only exists for fanservice. To deny of its purpose is to deny the entire mecha anime industry
>>
>>15250058
Stopped trying already?
>>
>>15250065
you like gay shit
>>
>>15250042
To be honest, character development is not even that important in fiction. A lot of classic stories have none of it and works just fine. People overestimates its importance, there's lots of good stuff without any real character development. Mazinger is just bad for a lot of other reasons. It's boring, uninteresting, the comedy is pretty forced, the drama is half-assed, everything is a fucking mess. And you know what else? The Toei anime was better.
>>
>>15250107
> It's boring, uninteresting, the comedy is pretty forced, the drama is half-assed, everything is a fucking mess.
nice buzz words that mean nothing, pablo
>>
>>15250107
>The Toei anime was better.
No it wasn't. It was for cucked numale faggots.
>>
>>15250133
There's barely anything to write about it anyway. You can read the entire damn thing in less than an hour. Anyone can go and check by themselves.
>>
>>15250162
I read it and enjoyed it, more than shitty gay gundam anyway
>>
File: mazingerZ 01 sonorama-0358.jpg (288KB, 813x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mazingerZ 01 sonorama-0358.jpg
288KB, 813x1200px
I am going to make my order of the best to worst mazinger related shit I consumed.

Shin Mazinger Zero
CB Chara Go Nagai World
Shin Mazinger (anime)
Mazinger Z (Ota)
Mazinger Z (Nagai)
Grendizer (Ota)
Mazinger Z : Relic of Terror
Mazinger Angel
Mazinger Angel Z
Robot Girls Z
Mazinkaiser SKL VS
Mazinkaiser SKL
Mazinger Otome
Dynamic Heroes
Super Robot Retsuden
Great Mazinger (Ota)
Great Mazinger (Nagai)
Grendizer (Nagai)
Mazinkaiser: Shitou! Ankoku Dai Shogun
Mazinkaiser
>>
Just go away, xpearse.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.