[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam Age

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: age.jpg (43KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
age.jpg
43KB, 250x350px
Was it actually that bad?
>>
>>15233267

Yes.
>>
>>15233267

No.
>>
>>15233267

Maybe.
>>
Possibly.
>>
>>15233285

I don't know.
>>
Better than IBO and Zeta.
>>
Try again later.
>>
>>15233267
Of course not. The end of the show was a bit rushed, but that will happen when the total episode count suddenly gets cut down.
>>
>>15233381
>>15233267
it wasnt terrible but it could have been better if each age had been its own separate season
>>
>>15233381

The episode count never got cut down though. Hino asked for 75 episodes (or something like it) and was told to make it 52 (or whatever it ended up being), probably to make scheduling for television blocks easier but that was in the earliest production phase (it had to be if episode count was involved and the show wasn't cancelled) and the episode count was not touched after that as far as we know. The only thing close to it that we know of is Sunrise telling Hino to cut down the school days episodes in Gen 2. Which would have given Gen 3 more episodes if anything. Gen 3's issues have nothing to do with sudden production changes from what we know.

>>15233399

Theoretically I agree that the show needed more episodes to really make each era shine, but realistically I think pacing was the least of the show's problems and I don't think more episodes would actually have helped all in fixing the mediocre to awful execution of multiple elements.
>>
Age did have the worst grunts, and girls.
>>
File: 1472254344434.jpg (108KB, 480x267px) Image search: [Google]
1472254344434.jpg
108KB, 480x267px
>>15233267
Just the 3rd arc. The first two arcs were interesting and compelling, pretty well written.

Hell, even the 3rd arc started off strong. But I just dropped it around the time the AGE-FX popped up. I don't even know how it ends.

I heard Flit successfully genocided the vegans?
>>
File: yurin mienai.jpg (385KB, 1280x2160px) Image search: [Google]
yurin mienai.jpg
385KB, 1280x2160px
>>15233267

It was bad on purpose with great animation.
>>
>>15233515
AGE-2 is fucking garbage anon.
>>
File: 338[1].jpg (421KB, 1435x1000px) Image search: [Google]
338[1].jpg
421KB, 1435x1000px
>>15233513
>worst grunts

>>15233515
No, Kio goes full UNDERSTANDING after seeing how the Vegans live and works to keep both sides from killing each other. Ezelcant dies and tells Zeheart his real plan, Zeheart says 'that's fucking crazy' but is made leader of the Vegans anyways. A strange series of episodes focus on the backstory of the resident cyber newtype girl that we have just been introduced to. Asemu and Zeheart have a 20 second long fight and Zeheart dies. Flit tries to nuke the Vegans' colony but is convinced not to by Yurin's X-Rounder ghost. Kio, Asemu, and Flit team up to take down an ultimately inconsequential and meaningless final boss.
>>
>>15233513
Vagan grunts were rad as fuck.
>>
File: 1472555876162.jpg (174KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1472555876162.jpg
174KB, 600x600px
>>15233545
Well that's fucking lame. Although I'm not surprised or anything, it was geared up to be U N D E R S T A N D I N G from the start.
>>
>>15233554
>>15233545
Nothing stands out about them, ally grunts are GM knockoffs and Vagan grunts are ninja dinosaurs. They don't have any especially cool or memorable scenes either.
>>
>>15233573
The shadoll was pretty sick
>>
>>15233573
>Nothing stands out about them
>Vagan grunts are ninja dinosaurs

I don't even need to shit up a counter argument to your initial complain when you're so good at doing it yourself in your own post.
>>
>>15233578
Just another shitty looking GM

>>15233580
Sure it sounds unique, but so do Zanscare grunts being helicopter bugs but they're still forgotten.
>>
>>15233567

The really stupid part is that the final enemy is a clone that's only really introduced in the second last episode (maybe even the last) and he has literally no dialogue. He just grunts a few times. Everything about him reeks of low effort. And yet he's the guy Kio saves to demonstrate that the Vegan can be changed. Despite there being at least a few other, far better candidates in the final stretch of episodes.
>>
>>15233599
>the final enemy is a clone that's only really introduced in the second last episode
He's introduced early in part 4.
>>
>>15233621

Hence why I said only "really" introduced,because the early stuff barely acknowledges him and he only actually does anything from the second to last or last episode.
>>
>>15233641
He's foreshadowed many times during part 4 so that when he actually appears you can't scream asspull. The fact that he was never planned to be anything more than a device, not even an efficient one, is the offensive part.
>>
>>15233646

I didn't call him an asspull though. No one did here, besides you. I just said he was stupid.
>>
>>15233545
>works to keep both sides from killing each other
Which he does by using his bits to save Vegans but not the Feddie soldiers because this race of eternal genocidal maniacs were really just misunderstood good people, right?
>>
>>15233682
No, which he does by using his bits to disable Vegan suits but also prevent the Feddies from finishing them off, IIRC
>>
>>15233267
Not actually, at least it's not Seed Destiny.
People like to bash on it for its simplistic storytelling and Level 5 designs but it's got a nice plot worthy of Gundam's depressiveness and quite a kickass soundtrack. Besides of some pretty good gundam designs.
>>
I loved Memory of Eden. But it's impossible to watch without watching the series. Which is not so good at all.
>>
>>15233902
I like the regular Legilis more desu.
But yeah Memory of Eden was good.
I personally rate AGE as a whole a 6.5/10
>>
>>15233902
>>15233934
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnGfA1K8w9s
>>
I enjoyed it but mostly because the mecha design and the action were really great, with some funny edgy moment.

Otherwise it was pretty shitty yeah.
>>
Millais still looks good for being 49/50
>>
>>15233976
Oh yeah. One of my problems with AGE is that it introduces new characters in-between timeskips instead of using the old characters. Millias got lucky. Adams, Largan, etc weren't so lucky.
>>
>>15233267
God yes. I'm actually glad there's only like 1 dedicated AGE level in G Gen Overworld, because it meant I didn't have to rewatch anything when I was editing the translation.
>>
>>15234004
WTF I trusted you, CleanSweep.
>>
>>15234007
Literally all the time I saved by NOT rewatching AGE episodes was spent scrubbing through Zeta: ANT for dialogue.

And given AGE's simplistic storytelling, it was one of the easier stages for our translator to handle (before the weird crossover story elements appeared, anyway).
>>
>>15234021
We're going to have to agree to disagree, then. I really liked AGE and I'd have gladly beta tested so many AGE stages if it meant I'd be able to use some of the crazier things from it.
>>
Only once Kio shows up. Then the plot bends over its ass to him worse than it does to Jesus Yamato.
>>
>>15233934
>I like the regular Legilis more desu
Red Legilis is a travesty.
>>
File: 1336419547633.png (322KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1336419547633.png
322KB, 640x360px
>>15233267
Flit's arc was meh until the last few episodes, but i fucking loved the MS and kits.
Asemus was okay, but mostly due Flit.
Kios had potential at first due teh Victory-esque first episode, but never capitalized on it and fell apart due extremely poorly done UNDERSTANDING and DINDU NUFFIN.
3-Generations and the finale was a fucking mess and the only good thing to come out of it was the Granza.

As whole i would consider it the worst Gundam, mostly because of Kio and the only reason i got though it was due watching with /m/ when it aired.
>>
File: 2386.jpg (279KB, 590x880px) Image search: [Google]
2386.jpg
279KB, 590x880px
>>15235075
Oh and i almost forget about the AGE-3 Orbita "debut", even though one should NEVAR FORGET about when talking about AGE.

That blunder alone punched the enthusiasm out of the few people who hadn't dropped it by then.

Seriously, people were shitposting during AGE-2, but after the Orbital incident and the VEGAN VACATION even that was essentially dead in the threads and people were clinging to Genocide Flit even knowing it wasn't going to happen.
>>
>>15235110
>Seriously, people were shitposting during AGE-2, but after the Orbital incident and the VEGAN VACATION even that was essentially dead in the threads and people were clinging to Genocide Flit even knowing it wasn't going to happen.
Oh yeah, at that point, we were just waiting to see how bad it would turn out at the end.

NEVER forget the Lemon.
>>
>>15235110
what was the "Orbital incident" explain please?
>>
>>15235110
>orbital incident

Elaborate for me, what was it?
>>
File: 1334491653344.gif (270KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1334491653344.gif
270KB, 320x180px
>>15235180
Before the AGE-3 arc started the the Fortress and Orbital were pretty hyped up, Fortress was okay and had its episode where it did well.

Orbital literally launched and got captured without even really putting up a fight.

Let me say this again, A Main Character upgrade with a Kit launched and jobbed to the point of being wrecked in it debut.

I don't remember but i think it didn't even land a single hit and the episode was ORBITAL IS GETTING WRECKED.

The reason it is a Incident it is the crown piece of how rushed AGE was because we all know the REAL reason behind GENDUMB is to sell kits, and lets just say that wasn't exactly the kind of episode that would make someone go "I WANT A KIT OF THAT!" so it invoked a pretty big reaction, and since the UNDERSTANDING arc happened right on the heels the show never recovered.
>>
>>15233267
AGE had one bad character, Zeta had ten of them.
>>
>>15235260
And the Orbital was meant to be a space-superiority kit, wasn't it. Jeez.

I don't know if anything jobbed harder than that in ANY show. Fucked up if true and all that.
>>
>>15233267
I liked the grunt suits for both sides, wolf, 1st+2nd gen protag, and some of the 1+2 gen AGE suits. Beyond that hated it.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.