[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I into giant robots?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: giantrobo.jpg (245KB, 1280x892px) Image search: [Google]
giantrobo.jpg
245KB, 1280x892px
How do I into giant robots?
>>
>>15227634

Usually there's a hatch
>>
>>15227682
Thanks for the bump.
>>
>>15227634
That's why you need Photon energy and Alloy-Z.
>>
File: 141.png (301KB, 386x436px) Image search: [Google]
141.png
301KB, 386x436px
Have the soul of a man.
>>
>>15227634
>AMP Suit
>Type: Exoskeletal suit
I haven't watched the movie since it was in theatres, but doesn't the pilot sit in a central cockpit with joysticks and such? Doesn't seem very exoskeletal.
>>
File: e1yqza76.jpg (11KB, 151x95px) Image search: [Google]
e1yqza76.jpg
11KB, 151x95px
>>15227682
>>
Wow the pacific rim robots were ridiculous.
>>
>>15227634
Gun x Sword.

It covers pretty much all giant robot sub-genres.
>>
Don't. This board is cancer.
>>
>>15227682
Yeah but you have to be able to jump 30 feet straight up to reach it.
>>
>>15227952
'cause you've gotte be big enough to punch kaiju
>>
>>15227952
You can't punch giant monsters in the face if you aren't as big as them.
>>
>>15227952
It must've had some truly badass choppers, since they lifted the fucking things into battle.
>>
>>15227634
Find one lying around.
Climb in.
Read the manual.
Complain about adults and their lies.
>>
>>15230691
It would take ~40 of the biggest we have. Helicopter engineering must've gone a long way (though that's not a huge stretch if you can build motors for the kind of melee jaegers get up to).
>>
>>15230691
The real question is why the fuck they even need choppers when they could just walk all the way to the Kaiju.
>>
>>15227634
Look up Giant robots into google images, pick one you like, find out what series it's from, watch/read source material.
>>
>>15227634
Not a lot of series answers in this thread, but here's one:
Watch Gundam. The first one.
>>
>>15227634
Watch the Iron Giant
Try not to cry
cry a lot
>>
>>15230954
why walk when you can hitch a ride. Besides, walking is manual. Its quite tiring it would seems
>>
>>15230954
I don't remember their first base, but the later one was a big platform on the ocean meaning they'd have to trudge through water, where being lifted by helicopters seems the better choice.
Plus, I imagine it must have at least some limited power supply, so it'd be good to make sure your robot can last as long as possible.
>>
>>15227634
Dafuq. I thought Evas are bigger thanot that.
>>
>>15236470
Yes and no.
It's pretty well documented that Gainax, specifically Anno, didn't really care about keeping the Eva's heights consistent. He just went with what he felt was most dramatic for the scene. So some episodes have the Eva's towering over building at the equivalent of over 200 meters tall, to being small enough to spider crawl up the sides of buildings(like in episode 16) and those would be roughly 40 meters.
Most of the time they were about 80 meters tall, and that's the height that the Rebuild movies normalized them all to since Anno now has computers to keep all their heights consistent.
And I was going to upload a chart that shows the Evas at various heights compared to other mechs but someone fucked up the image uploading capabilities site-wide.
>>
>>15236381
The Jaegers all had nuclear reactors, a little walking wouldn't have drained them.
Especially when the Kaiju appeared next to the Hong Kong harbor - that couldn't have been a very long distance from the Hong Kong Shatterdome. So why go through the effort of hooking up the Jaegers to helicopters when they could have just walked right into Hong Kong harbor?
I mean, I really enjoyed the movie, but this was probably one of the stranger parts of the movies aside from "why didn't they just make remote plasma gun turrets."
>>
>>15236510
I think the strangest part was when they described one of the jaegers (Gipsy Danger, I think) as "analog".
>>
>>15227634
Watch pacific rim
Watch Gundam
Watch Evangelion
Watch Gurren Lagann
You have now giant roboted.
That's like, all the good mecha series. And they're all very different, so you probably won't like all of them.
Afterwards, I dunno, read starship troopers and cry?
>>
>>15227682
Clever girl.
>>
>>15240345
let's play a game of spot the casualfag
>>
>>15227634
Don't
>>
>>15227634
Gundam
>>
Gurren Lagann is where I started. It's a good way to start the super robot genre. And I would guess a good way to start the real robot genre is Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.