[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marathon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: gundam0079.jpg (57KB, 328x465px) Image search: [Google]
gundam0079.jpg
57KB, 328x465px
Hey /m/ I've never seen any gundam, despite loving mecha, so I'm planning to watch the entire franchise in release order. What do I expect?
>>
Just try to watch the full series, not the compilation movies.
>>
I intend to watch all the shows, movies, and OVAs
>>
>>15224555
>What do I expect?
Badly written characters and boring plot lines.
>>
>>15224653
ok, then watch the movies after the series.
Hope you enjoyed anon.
Also, don't mind >>15224663
>>
Just finished MSG, moving on to Zeta now. It was quite enjoyable but the plot is fairly simple, and there quite a few reused plotlines within the series.
>>
I already got all of 0079 on BD anyway, so I'll get a feel for the series from that, and then decide if I want to carry on
>>
I've only seen UC Gundam. It's mostly good in terms of characters and stories but don't expect any good romantic subplots whatsoever. Also, prepare for lots of physical violence.
>>
>>15226574
>don't expect any good romantic subplots whatsoever
This. Also expect them to never learn from this mistake, and to keep trying over and over again.
>>
>>15226583

Kamille's relationshits with women are the most accurate portrayal of modern courtship in the visual arts.

>"Four! You understand me although I've only spent about 4 hours with you! I have a girl's name... why am I telling you this?"
>"UhhHhHhhHhhhh.... (not feeling it) Go away! We're enemies also feel sorry for me!"
>Four cries and goes batshit
>Kamille feels miserable the rest of his life over one chick and pushes everyone else away

when you look at things from a realistic lense, romance being a beautiful interesting adorable thing is an horrendous fiction. Most of the women have domination fetishes, an obsession with power, a desire to emasculate, etc. The communication in most romances is so idealized that it's refreshing and interesting to see the utter trainwrecks most relationships are in Tomino Gundam. As far as accurately portraying female desires and how clouded male thinking is when it comes to romance, it's kind of spot on.
>>
File: 18032649352.jpg (3MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
18032649352.jpg
3MB, 2800x3402px
>>15224555
Honestly watch AU first, they're better than UC, use this chart for guidance
>>
>>15226775
>still posting the meme chart
>>
File: 1485591615168.jpg (22KB, 395x428px) Image search: [Google]
1485591615168.jpg
22KB, 395x428px
>>15226775
>AU is better than UC

only if you hate character development, world building, narrative gravitas, animation quality, intelligent mech designs and complexity or if you're just an unwashed low attention span pleb.
>>
File: 1483334926243.jpg (73KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483334926243.jpg
73KB, 960x720px
How to Watch Gundam: The Way of the Kino

>MSG TV series
>MSG movies
>Space Runaway Ideon
>both Ideon movies
>Zeta Gundam
>ZZ Gundam
>80s OVAs
>CCA
>Victory Gundam
>OPTIONAL: AU Gundam. Fighter G and X are of particular note
>Turn A
>Overman King Gainer
>Reconguista
>rewatch MSG, Zeta, CCA, and Turn A
>>
>>15226745
>Kamille feels miserable the rest of his life over one chick and pushes everyone else away
That would be Char
>>
>>15226851
I like it
>>
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30257727
>>
>>15224555
Step 1. watch MSG
Step 2. try to watch zeta
step 3. get 10 eps in and give up
step 4. watch Thunderbolt
step 5. watch zeta movies
step 6. realise you should have stuck with zeta
>>
>>15226745
I agree. I really don't like watching trainwreck-realism romance, and I'd prefer if they just left it out, but I appreciate that Gundam has trainwreck-realism in many areas, and I think that's what's kept me coming back through all the hits and misses.
>>
File: 1486576322009.jpg (547KB, 1280x1790px) Image search: [Google]
1486576322009.jpg
547KB, 1280x1790px
Going from 50 episodes of msg straight into 50 episodes of zeta is a bit of a slog,
I watched 08th ms team , 0080 and 0083 in between for variety and to keep me interested. They're set before Zeta anyway. Skipped IGLOO because I hate CGI.

But apparently I'm "doing it wrong" because PRODUCTION ORDER ONLY REEEEEEEE

After Zeta, I'd really like to try something outside of the UC. Not SEED though, didnt enjoy the first 5 eps.
>>
>>15228261
Oh I watched Thunderbolt before Zeta too but it was so forgettable that I forgot to mention it
>>
>>15228226
Why do people get irritated with Zeta? i'm at episode 9 now, it's kinda slow and full of angst but i'm still in for the ride.

I guess my standard is really low.
>>
>>15228511
Different strokes, anon.
I enjoyed Zeta and ZZ. People ought to draw their own conclusions.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.