[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the original SDF Macross so perfect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: latest.png (1MB, 652x900px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
1MB, 652x900px
Why is the original SDF Macross so perfect?
>>
>>15223740
Come on /m
>>
>>15223740
>Why is the original SDF Macross so perfect?

Chicks & Dicks
Plagiarised Tomcats
A spaceship
>>
I guess only if you find the quality charming. Omg, there's nothing better than Macross.
>>
>>15226466

Orguss has naked Misa. That makes it infinitely better than Macross. And Misa's titties are nicer than Minmay's so there's that.
>>
>>15223740
Because the ship was floating pile of garbaged barely held together by hopes and dreams.
>>
File: macross (10).webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
macross (10).webm
2MB, 640x480px
Is the dub any good? All I know is Mari voices Minmay again, which sounds intriguing.
>>
>>15226534
Oh god, Vic Mignogna as Hikaru. Everyone else is terrible. I was not prepared for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40zp62gj-8s
>>
>>15223740
>Why is the original SDF Macross so perfect?

Because it's older so it gets to get away with dated animation and simplistic story.
>>
>>15223740
because of the flawless animation, of course
>>
File: 90s.png (149KB, 322x230px) Image search: [Google]
90s.png
149KB, 322x230px
>>15226534
>>15226553

Well, you know what they say about weebs vs dubs...
>>
>>15226534
>All I know is Mari voices Minmay again, which sounds intriguing.
A middle-aged Japanese woman who speaks decent, albeit moderately accented English plays a Chinese teenage girl who speaks bad heavily accented English. Not exactly OH HEE CAR RUU ME RUB YOU RONG TIME but pretty close.
>>
>>15226534
Right in the McNuggets, m8!
>>
>>15226559
I get you but I love the whole show warts and all

If anything it just makes the well animated parts that much more awesome
>>
>>15226447
>Chicks & Dicks
???
>>
>>15223740
Because it showed life after the war, instead of just ending with the big victory like most shows. The writers remembered that there is supposed to be falling action between the climax and the conclusion.
>>
>>15226553
The McCross?
>>
>>15223740
Because the show is FUN IDOLSHIT IN SPACE with some surprisingly decent plot and drama here and there.

And I'll never eat pineapple salad.
>>
>>15227379
but they didn't even know they were gonna get any more episodes after the final battle, the last few episodes were rushed as fuck
>>
>>15227437
Yeah, and they made the most of it.
>>
File: 1468542377912.jpg (665KB, 2000x1338px) Image search: [Google]
1468542377912.jpg
665KB, 2000x1338px
It isn't. It's actually very deeply flawed in a number of ways, but it's charming and entertaining in a way that other mecha shows aren't. It focuses on more than just the people in the military and gives us pretty good looks into the lives of the civilians who are stuck right in the middle of the war just by being in the wrong place at the wrong time. There was actually a pretty good balance of action and drama.

Future Macross shows never quite struck that same balance and end up tipping too far in one direction or the other.
>>
>>15227713
DYRL design is the best

>that HUD overlay on the windshield
>that redesigned cockpit controls
>that redesigned space suits (looks much better)
>that mechanical robot VF hands rather than bloated look of TV series
>>
File: 0.png (122KB, 375x334px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
122KB, 375x334px
Best guy
>>
>>15227856
>hurrr war is wrong durrr
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.