[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Space Battleship Yamato 2202

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: Yamato.png (660KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Yamato.png
660KB, 1280x720px
New 12 minute preview.

https://youtu.be/sInxYM3v9QI
>>
File: Dreadnaut.jpg (328KB, 1280x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Dreadnaut.jpg
328KB, 1280x1001px
>>
>>15220479
horrible battle choreography
>>
>>15220487
I think part of the reason the combat doesn't feel as satisfying is that they don't linger on the hits as they did in 2199. You don't see part of the ships getting shaved off as they're hit, or that "dong" sound effect which, while repetitive, was actually effective at conveying impact.

Kodai's rampage through the Gatlantis lines would have been better of they showed the Gatlantis ships firing back at him besides the Megaluda. As it is, it feels like a Gundam show where the ace pilot blows up a bunch of ships without getting hit. I'm also alright with the Yuunagi blowing up the Megaluda with 4 torpedoes if they didn't also show them running right through the explosion not 1 second later. Other ships were destroyed in similar circumstances (see the Schderg).

Was kind of hoping they integrated the Calakmul's special weapon into the weapons on the ship itself instead of what appears to be just the funnel-expies. With how the shot lingers on the bow wings, I thought they'd be firing and the funnels amplifying them or something.

Overall, the combat could use improvement, but I have hope they'll get better as the series goes on.
>>
>>15220501
stop copy-pasting your shitty comments from another boards
>>
Can anyone give a short synopsis of what's going on? A joint human-Gamillas fleet is attacking a Gatlantis fleet?

>>15220487
>>15220501
Also, lol at that scene where they repeatedly switch back and forth between a shot of Kodai gritting his teeth while ships are exploding
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-02-06-19h55m00s649.jpg (172KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-02-06-19h55m00s649.jpg
172KB, 1280x738px
>Dat shield
What happened to the force field technology?
>>
>>15220857
Post Desseler budget cuts have meant that there is longer enough funding to give every ship a shield. Instead they all need to share a couple big ones.
>>
>>15220857
The only force field in the show was the Yamato's Wave-Motion shield, wasn't it? None of the other vessels have a Wave-Motion Engine (except the Andromeda) because they break the agreement with Iscandar. Presumably Gamilas aren't allowed to build them either.
>>
The entire Earth Fleet have been refitted with wave motion engines, ehnce the more powerful beams and warp capability.

I was surprised how powerful the Andromeda is here.

I am pretty sure they will need wave motion shields to even the playing field against the dimension gun.
>>
>>15220484

>only 3 turrets
That's not a Dreadnought.
>>
>>15222470
Number of turrets has jackshit to do with the dreadnought definition.
>>
>STAR BLAZERS right there in the official logo

FOR WHAT PURPOSE? star blazers is dead and buried don't do this shit. we don't need another robotech.
>>
>>15222973
Star Blazers is far more known in the West. In any case, it's not gonna be another Robotech as both SBY and Star Blazers are owned by the same company.
>>
File: starblazers.png (361KB, 1208x582px) Image search: [Google]
starblazers.png
361KB, 1208x582px
worth it?
>>
File: F8GEGjy.jpg (56KB, 1000x625px) Image search: [Google]
F8GEGjy.jpg
56KB, 1000x625px
>>15222998
It's cheaper than buying all of them by themselves.
>>
>>15222985
Star blazers isn't known at all it's extremely obscure compared to yamato.

I grew up watching star blazers and I've never once in my life heard that name used outside the internet, and even online it's very rarely used. There's maybe one or two star blazers websites and they're 1990's era geocities-tier pages

Everyone uses Yamato. nobody gives a shit about star blazers and rightfully so. What the fuck are the japs thinking
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.