[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone else been cautious to introduce smaller relatives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: ugh.png (199KB, 491x368px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.png
199KB, 491x368px
Has anyone else been cautious to introduce smaller relatives into franchises you like because the communities are toxic?
>>
yes, very yes
>>
You can't protect people from the internet unless you completely prevent them from using it. They're gonna get into something of their own interest and find a "toxic" community on their own regardless.
>>
>>15215337
I know that,thing is I've been to a few of those places (Toho Kingdom, MAHQ, Anime Suki, ANN, kinda wishy washy on Evageeks though). That's also not counting mean spirited reviewer shit like Chris Stuckman, Red Letter, Jeremy Jahns, Nostalgia Critic, etc. At some point I want to introduce my little cousins and my toddler nephew to things like Star Wars, the Tolkein movies, Godzilla, and the like without being told in advanced "hey you must hate these movies cuz I said so!" It took me until I was 14 to realize IGN was full of themselves (Tripping The Rift was funny, damnit!). Then there are gundam fans, 'nuff said.
>>
>>15215460
>Opens the thread with the same image and exact same filename as the fag who keeps spamming ANN threads
>Immediately starts complaining about ANN and other e-celebs
Is this all you care about, or what?
>>
I've been asked about Gundam before and my response was ignore everything you read online and watch what you want/looks interesting.
>>
>>15214037
introduced my brother to initial d and jojo.
regret nothing.
>>
>>15214037
I never introduce any franchises to relatives, because I care about my reputation. You should be doing the same.
>>
>>15218210
It must suck having such an uptight family that you can't even share a dumb little hobby with.
>>
>>15218252
Don't know about your situation, but watching cartoons is generally looked down on when you are an adult.
>>
>tfw no otouto to introduce to mecha and eventually pilot and gattai with when mecha becomes real
>>
File: 1447608203496.png (370KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1447608203496.png
370KB, 640x480px
>>15214037
In my experience, people are either already deep enough into something else that they know what to expect of internet communities, or casual enough that they will just watch the thing and never interact with the community.
I don't think there are many cases where you really need to worry much.

>>15218268
Everyone knows their own family. Obviously no anon is going to recommend Getter to their conservative 60 yo mother. The topic of the thread already presumes a base level of chummyness with your relatives.
>>
>>15215291
no no on
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.