[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Durr. Live Action Major is better for X and Y.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

File: ghost-in-the-shell-movie.jpg (93KB, 720x340px) Image search: [Google]
ghost-in-the-shell-movie.jpg
93KB, 720x340px
Post your reaction when the Live Action fags who saw the live action first arrives on /m/.
>>
>>15212190

I'm just gonna post a non-picture reply to indicate I won't care. They prefer something else than me? Or maybe it's that they haven't seen earlier entries but speak with authority on later ones? So what exactly?
>>
>>15212190

Who cares
>>
>>15212190
You're acting like most people are even aware /m/ exists and wouldn't shitpost on /tv/ or /a/ instead.
>>
>>15212282
People are aware m8

Its just you being delusional

>>15212190
I don't know, but scarjotoko was kinda alright in that pic.

Maybe because of that visor.
>>
>>15212371
They're aware because they accidentally click on /m/ thinking it's /mu/.
>>
>>15212371
in THIS SPECIFIC PIC only
and still not as good as many random cosplayers
>>
What if it IS better and your preconceived notions prevent you from ever seeing past your bias? You wouldn't even know it.
>>
File: 1487286881255.jpg (27KB, 670x398px) Image search: [Google]
1487286881255.jpg
27KB, 670x398px
>>15215996
What if we're all being harvested for bioelectricity by sentient machines and the world we know is actually a computer simlation designed to prevent us from focusing our willpower and waking up?
You wouldn't even know it.

also Major looks great!

here's another pic of her
>>
File: n-DominionC1-05-03.jpg (47KB, 349x301px) Image search: [Google]
n-DominionC1-05-03.jpg
47KB, 349x301px
I was shaking head when Cowboy Bebop or Akira were discussed for Hollywood movie, and panicking when there was talk of BGC.

But this movie keeps me completely calm. I love the look and feel of the first Oshii GitS, but after seeing pics and then trailers from this, somehow I am totally not on edge for some reason and I'm not going to be bothered when people like it, at all.

Maybe it's because the visuals don't look offensively different, or maybe whiners immunised me already.
>>
>>15216085
Well I'm getting more on edge day after day because of this.
>>
>>15216085
I already accepted it was going to be shit back ten years or so when it was first announced.
>>
>>15216085
I'm just totally indifferent about it because a lot of movies out lately have this very one and done feel to them. They come out, do well at the box office but then are so ok everyone forgets about it a month later once the next ok flashy movie comes out repeating the same cycle.
>>
>>15212371
Honestly some of the visuals in the movie look ok (not counting googly eye Batou). Unfortunately it seems that is all the film has going for it at this point.
>>
>>15216139
they look ok by the standards of AAA video games, not by the standards of the first GitS movie.

Seriously everything looks vidya as fuck in that trailer.

Which could be good, except that it's trying super hard to remind us of the animated movie, which didn't look like that.
>>
>>15212190
What makes you think that the live action fags will swarm to /m/ of all places. /a/ maybe. But here? Maybe one or two idiots, but not swarms.

>>15216116
This. Ignoring the difficulties you get from east to west you're stuck with animated to live action and that almost never ends with a good movie.
>>
>>15216220
The whole project has been a clusterfuck from the start. Which is to be expected.
>>
File: Brad Pitt as Char Anzable.png (985KB, 1393x950px) Image search: [Google]
Brad Pitt as Char Anzable.png
985KB, 1393x950px
guys, if the GiTS movie is a hit, Hollywood will want to make a big budget Gundam and Evangelion movies, and a new age of live action anime movies will happen like comic book movies did
>>
>>15216311
>That file name.
I'd watch it.
>>
>>15216311
Have no clue about Eva but Sunrise has been pretty protective of Gundam being handed to foreigners after G Savior.
>>
>>15216311
And fucking normies will swarm to our hobby and casualize it to hell and back. Isn't it an amazing kinda world we live in?
>>
>>15216311
Okay /m/, let's toss around ideas for reboots and remakes Hollywood might not fuck up

>Patlabor
Make it a buddy cop movie with robots. Nice and simple. Writes itself.

>Votoms
Make it a dumb action movie. Do one movie for each part of the show. Could also work as a Netflix show

>Blue Gender
A survival show about humans trapped on Earth fighting off the bugs
>>
>>15216755
>Okay /m/, let's toss around ideas for reboots and remakes Hollywood might not fuck up
Literally impossible. There are none.
>>
File: titan bird.gif (963KB, 500x438px) Image search: [Google]
titan bird.gif
963KB, 500x438px
>>15212190
>>
>>15216755
The only thing they could do decently well is Cowboy Bebop maybe. I don't even understand why they're not making that first. It's more popular in the west than GITS is, too.
>>
>>15216755
>Patlabor
>Make it a buddy cop movie with robots. Nice and simple. Writes itself.
Until somebody decides that this comedy needs to offer social commentary and they make a big deal out of Ohta shooting an unarmed black labor.
>Votoms
>Make it a dumb action movie. Do one movie for each part of the show. Could also work as a Netflix show
I don't think the main series would work all that well. Mellowlink would probably work better.
>>
>>15216085

My only requirement for the inevitable Cowboy Bebop movie is that Keanu Reeves plays Vicious.
>>
>>15217281
He would be Spike of course.
>>
>>15217281
Weren't there plans for a Keanu Bebop with him as Spike?
I vaguely recall reading Watanabe talking about it being planned as just another Bebop story that happened to be live action rather than a traditional "adaption".
>>
Enough of her ugly face.
>>
File: 1431006846653.jpg (280KB, 632x483px) Image search: [Google]
1431006846653.jpg
280KB, 632x483px
ROBOTECH LIVE ACTION IS COMING AND SOON WE'LL BE ALL LAUGHING! HARMONY GOLD AND SONY WILL RE-INTRODUCE ANIME TO THE WEST ALL OVER AGAIN.
>>
All I'm gonna say is that WB is fucking up with its DC movies and we've seen other Hollywood flops in adapting novels and other print media. So why the fuck does anyone think that adapting anime and/or manga is going to turn out any better? We can't even get our own shit done right.
>>
>>15217468
because anime is better duh :^)
And casuals will love it because it's based on foreign media so it will automatically be better :^)
>>
>>15217539
This film is gonna be a flop. Hollywood can't make good movies anymore because they've gone full retard the past 10 years.
>>
>>15217291

Keanu isn't a good fit for Spike anymore. But he would make a fantastic Vicious.

Besides, we already have the perfect dude to play Spike. Donnie Yen, who is already a master of the exact same martial arts style that spike uses and can carry a movie.
>>
>>15217546
>the past 10 years
Only the past 10 years? Dude, seriously?
>>
>>15217468
>DURP MY NIP CARTOONS ARE UNTOUCHABLE MASTERPIECES
Adapting anime isn't rocket science weab. This shit writes itself and they're basing the ScarJo film on the previous animated movies as a template.
>>
GitS is complete trash outside of the designs and animation (first movie). So what's even the point of it if you take those things away? You're just left with shit.
>>
>>15217617
>Donnie Yen

Spike? But spike isn't a chink
>>
File: 1466743209000.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1466743209000.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>15212190
original ghost in the shell was over rated, and the live action will suck

fite me
>>
>>15216755
Tom Cruise wants to do Yukikaze I think. I'm cautiously optimistic but all of the action scenes will probably be shit, filled with shakycam and jumpcuts.
>>
>>15218132
>implying Hollywood won't make it Top Gun 2: Aliens attack America edition
>>
>>15216311
>michael bay directs gundam
>gundams get defeated by soldiers using rocket launcher
>>
>>15217770
He's not that far off. I'd probably stretch the decline in quality to around 15 years or so. It's been around that long since studios have begun to realize that a release in china prints money. Since China is where they're now making much of their money now they've put more focus into making generic action films that are easy to translate and less likely to be censored.
>>
>>15218155
08th ms team did it already
>>
>>15212190
I really hope it bombs and Hollywood never touches any manga/anime again.
>>
>>15216746
Considering how hard Pacific Rim flopped I highly doubt that. Most people don't even nostalgically remember Gundam Wing anymore so they don't even have brand recognition going for them.
>>
>>15218474
>Pacific Rim flopped

Why are they making a sequel to it if it "flopped"?

Obviously it didn't
>>
>>15218482
It flopped hard in the US, didn't do what it was predicted to. IIRC, there was a dispute between Legendary and WB and they got poor promotion from the latter because it was trying to keep them loyal or some shit. Either way, it only managed to turn a profit because of good Chinese performance.
>>
>>15218501
Stop with the misinfo. Pacific Rim turned a profit everywhere, but it wasn't a blockbuster in the USA like it was in China.
>>
>>15218767
He's not fully wrong though. Pacific Rim's money making is an oddity. A $190 million dollar movie and it only made $101 million domestic. Then it made $309 million overseas. Making more in the forgein market is common for big releases, most of the biggest releases make about 2-3 times more overeas. However a standard success story means the movie covered twice the budget in the domestic market. The forgein market tends to be unpredictable unless you put China in your movie. Pacific Rim made twice it's budget by the end, but was a domestic flop. If it followed the usual "medium blockbuster" trend it would have only doubled it's overseas money (a hypothetical $200+ million over the actual $190 million budget). It defied the odds, paid the bills, maybe ruined a tax break or two, but barely got all the proper boxes checked. Enough to get shakey treatment.
>>
>>15218968
The movie business has become very hard, its not what it used to be. Unless its Star wars or Harry Potter, nobody cares about movies anymore. (hell, even the new harry potter was disappointing...). Hollywood is dying.
>>
File: cleavagemon I choose you.jpg (62KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cleavagemon I choose you.jpg
62KB, 640x480px
>>15218159
>It's been around that long since studios have begun to realize that a release in china prints money.
Dued, Hollywood was lame like always.
There were exceptions, some movies that are cool, some movies that are art. But it's all with a dose of retard shit, and even the best often can't resist it. mediocre-tier movies were crap shit always.

And of course, it's not just Hollywood but in general.

Also, blaming it on the Chinese market has to be the most random wtf explanation I have seen. You can't make that up.
>>
>>15219066
Eh, reading that after myself I see that 6AM has made me rather rude, sorry for being aggressive there.

But I do think you are of the mark with the "movies are bad because China" and "they were better 15 years ago and before".
>>
>>15219034
...not what it used to be but also no too different. Like >>15219066 said; it's a soul sucking machine trying to make a buck. Some movies are cool, but to others it's trash or not even on their radar. Some movies are artful, but that is not always on purpose. Seen an indie flick recently? It was probably made by a major company's subsidiary so they'll win awards and spark more conversation than Kick-Flip McSplodin' Cars 4 (and the major studio distribution is the only reason you even could see it).
>>
>>15216422
>Let's make a Gundam movie!
>Let's also not put Gundam on the box and give it the budget of a Syfy TV feature!
>>
>>15212190
meh
>>
>>15216085
>and panicking when there was talk of BGC

The live-action Bubblegum Crisis project probably failed because it was announced right before Iron Man 1 came out.
>>
>>15222787
Hah, so there is something cape comics are good for?
>>
>>15224375
They have been around this long. So they must be good at something.
>>
>>15224383
>They have been around this long.
mildew's been around a long time too
>>
>>15218213
Fret not, it will.
>>
>>15219066
That anime looks familiar, but I can't rememeber the name.
>>
>>15224996
Angel Links.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.