[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Into mecha, not sure where to start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 3190035-8166683754-62911[1].jpg (99KB, 832x1024px) Image search: [Google]
3190035-8166683754-62911[1].jpg
99KB, 832x1024px
What's a good list of stuff to watch/read to get more into mecha? I haven't watched/read alot, so anything is really acceptable for a good suggestions.
>>
File: 1485551293541.jpg (14KB, 205x203px) Image search: [Google]
1485551293541.jpg
14KB, 205x203px
The Getter Robo Saga manga, which is all of the Getter Robo mangas rolled into one collection, is well worth a read if you want some hot blooded fun times.
>>
>>15211507
You know this is a good thread to ask. All I've watched is Sunrise's and Aldnoah Zero. Can you do a quick rundown on what Getter Robo is about compared to that stuff?
>>
>>15211520
Getter is pretty old school, seeing as it started in the 70's, and was I think the first series to do combining robots.
The older mangas are pretty cheesy in tone, and often times drawing quality, but they're good fun. The later stuff is more serious and is a real ride from start to finish.
The OVAs are all pretty good too, but I'd say Armageddon and New require some knowledge of the characters first before you watch them, as they tend to be a little all over the place with explaining characters and such.

Go read Getter Robo and Getter Robo G first, if you like them continue on with the rest of the manga and the OVAs. You're sure to have a good time.
>>
>>15211546
Thanks anon, I'll do just that on my day off Friday.
>>
>>15211480
getter robo and gundam
then you can branch out, just do some digging beforehand or you'll start something in a prequel to a sequel of a spin-off
don't skip the older series.
try to get them in release order.
always get the original form(if it was first released as manga, read it, if it was first released as an animation, watch it)
>>
File: BnvBMHr.jpg (589KB, 1521x1512px) Image search: [Google]
BnvBMHr.jpg
589KB, 1521x1512px
Getter Robo Saga
>>
File: 18032649352.jpg (3MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
18032649352.jpg
3MB, 2800x3402px
>>15211480
here's the current gundam recommendation chart
>>
>>15214443
Dead meme
>>
>>15214462
a rec chart is not a meme
>>
>>15211480
Just pick something that sounds appealing and watch it, faggot. No one can dictate your tastes but yourself. People could end up recommending you a bunch of stuff you don't even like.

Have an independent thought for once, fuck.
>>
>>15211480
Watch Do You Remember Love
You won't regret it
>>
>>15214505
It's not about opinions, it's just about actually finding things. Sometimes it's tough to pick an 'appealing' show if you're always looking at the same CG-TTGL-Eva-Gundam recs on the same anime forums. When I tried to get into mecha years ago, all I could find was recent stuff. I was never exposed to old shows back then.

>>15211480
Here's some:
The Robot Romance Trilogy
Zambot, Daitarn, Ideon
Gundam (start with 0079)
Votoms, Macross, Layzner, Dougram, L-gaim, Dunbine, Southern Cross, Orguss, Galient
Dancouga, Xabungle, Machine Robo (RoC), Yusha (Braves) series
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.