[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, all Jesus Yamato and Emperor Lacus jokes aside, is there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: HolyTrinity.jpg (327KB, 600x781px) Image search: [Google]
HolyTrinity.jpg
327KB, 600x781px
Okay, all Jesus Yamato and Emperor Lacus jokes aside, is there any sane person that unironically likes them as characters?
>>
>>15210369
Kira before ending up with Lacus is an interesting character. He's a douche, but at least he doesn't feel good about it.
>>
I know a guy who really likes them. He is pretty weird.
>>
>>15210375
He's only a douche for when he's fighting with Sai. Every other time he's flat as paper.
>>
>>15210385
not really. He treated Cagalli like shit, and had a penchant of really awkward interactions with the rest of the crew because Fllay kind of stated what the irony of his situation is.
>>
>>15210369
I respected him in couple of first episodes, but then he was meh. And then he was the savior of all and everybody was saying that was his TRU SELF.

Big problem is that his entire friendship with Athrun felt flat. We passed a bird to one another when we were toddlers, oh the melodramatic tragedy of our situation.

AGE made their friends/enemies better, because we actually saw Asem and Zeheart interacting like normal buddies.
>>
Playing so many Super Robot Wars has been a major influence on me liking Kira. To the point of being a fanboy though? Nah, I prefer Shinn and his wasted potential for that.
>>
I've always liked Kira and Lacus (and really, the whole Archangel side), throughout both SEED and SEED Destiny.
They're just more enjoyable characters.
>>
>>15210369
The problem is more the people who don't understand liking Kira is a ironic joke to take the piss out of the series due to how he is presented within the show and take it as gospel. Nobody should ever like Kira besides teenagers in THAT stage and fujoshi's.

Pretty much every single person I have ever met in real life who actually legitimately likes Kira as a character have 100% always been fat ugly socially awkward penguins masquerading as humans.

So short answer is no, nobody sane likes them as characters.
>>
>>15210411
It did the same for me with Shinn. Now he is my favorite Banpresto original character.
>>
I like Kira.
People shittalk him for his stupid idealistic views, but the same applies to half of Gundam MCs. What I really like is that he stopped crying. He had development from crybaby who is manipulated by grown ups and Flay to somewhat man (who is manipulated by Lacus). He was doing what he was told to and what he believed in and didn't complain about it. Compare him to Shinn who was doing the same shit, but was constantly angry about it.
>>
>>15210477
I always read about how srw did justice to shinn, to the point that even his va likes their canon better, iirc, but what did it do?
>>
>>15210369
Who is the guy on the right? The one with dove?
>>
>>15210369

So many people are against Kira I kind of feel bad for him and like him just because someone has to.

Also I find Seed and especially Destiny to be a poorly written entire crapfest, to the point where I can't blame Kira alone for it's failings.
>>
>>15210651
Looks like Tatsuya from Irregular at highschool.

Gatchaman's Hajime is my favourite Sue.
>>
>>15210369
*raises paw*

I like them both. I don't see a reason not to.

Although:
Meer > Lacus
>>
I didn't mind Kira before he got the Freedom. Before he had the "perfect machine to bring out his ideals", he actually felt like a character.
>>
I think he's a douche, but to be fair as the ubermensch among a subset of ubermenschen meant to guide (IN OTHER WORDS, COORDINATE) humanity to its next stage of genetic advancement in retrospect his attitude of EVERYONE STOP FIGHTING OR ELSE I'LL SHOOT TO INCAPACITATE sorta fits his role in the narrative, even if it's a load of bullshit that even the narrative bends over to fellate.

I mean, the whole point of the ubermensch is to be what others should strive to be. At some point Fukuda decided the ideal ubermensch would be the righteous christ-type willing to fight against violence in a comparable yet nonlethal fashion, seeing everyone as equals capable of great potential if they look past the ingrained bigotry.

Though I would feel that's putting way too much stock into Kira as a character having any actual meaning. Still, the very nature of Coordinators leads into the subject of Nietzche's ubermensch, so whether intentional or otherwise it's something to think about, even if it's for a brief moment.

So yeah, now you have me questioning just what extent of Kira's character is absolute garbage and what is garbage but understandably garbage (in other words, which stuff is the staff dropping the ball resulting in bullshit and which is the staff successfully conveying bullshit naturally born of the work)
>>
>>15210369
I like their designs. That's all.
>>
>>15210428
That's an insult to penguins, man.
>>
>>15210369
Yes
>>
File: 1174764994837.jpg (33KB, 465x600px) Image search: [Google]
1174764994837.jpg
33KB, 465x600px
yes
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.