[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ZZ Gundam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: ZZ.jpg (326KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
ZZ.jpg
326KB, 960x720px
After years of putting it off- I finally finished all 47 episodes of Double Zeta

what the actual fuck did I just watch

I feel theres 4-5 just plain awful things/events for every 1-2 good aspects of the series. Going into it I knew not to expect anything like Zeta but the legitimate lack of consistency was mind blowing. And people wonder why it will never get a dub or blu ray release..
>>
>And people wonder why it will never get a dub or blu ray release
?
>>
>>15210173
It is a total piece of shit.
I can't understand the apologists. I nearly quit Gundam after finishing it.
>>
>>15210177

I feel there's a few redeeming qualities (Judau, Hamann, Peru) but it's just an overall fucking mess.
>>
>>15210182
Judau is boring as shit.
Haman was nearly ruined by ZZ
And Puru is only there to troll the audience.
>>
One thing after watching is I don't understand how people can dispute Judau being the most powerful newtype (seen so far). That was his entire premise as a character- he was so powerful he could defeat Haman.

and then he finally does and just leaves for Jupiter ????????
>>
>>15210173
>what the actual fuck did I just watch
Something legitimately more entertaining than Z Gundam.
>>
File: Judau.jpg (54KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Judau.jpg
54KB, 960x720px
>>15210190
well... I mean..
>>
>>15210198
>well... I mean..

Male characters crossdressing for one episode is pretty standard for mecha/science fictions shows of the 80s. You have crossdressing in Heavy Metal L Gaim also. Do people crucify it like they do with ZZ ? And frankly it's not crossdressing just for the sake of crossdressing, it's always to do with infiltrating an enemy base. And what better way than dress like a women and woooo the men ?

People that hate ZZ for that one scene are fucking idiots and should resign their /m/ cards.
>>
>>15210202
How about Brightchicken?
>>
>>15210189
Judau may be more powerful as a newtype, but it's all raw power then. Frankly, I never felt that he does anything as impressive as Amuro and Kamille, this has also to do with him relying a lot on how op the ZZ was. He is pretty much unbreakable as a newtype and his suit is extremely tough and powerful (by the end the i-field, forehead cannon and mega beam sabres don't face much competition, even Queen Mansa isn't as powerful).
Amuro at the end of MSG and even in Zeta, Kamille in Zeta did more impressive things, seemed more talented. Amuro's battle-newtype power made him pretty much invicible as well, Kamille showed extremely powerful newtype power and was certainly a great pilot. You never feel that with Judau (I think).
Amuro trashing everything in CCA is just crazy, he plays Gyunei (twice) and Quess as if he was in kindergarten despite them having legitimately powerful ms, and even Char is pretty much no match to him and the nu Gundam. Seeing him trash Char's Zeon more or less by himself felt more impressive than what Judau did somehow...

It also feels like Judau got it all on a silver plate whereas Amuro and Kamille both grew up power and skills wise, they also ended up designing their own suit. Judau just starts with raw power and is given an op suit, doesn't give the same impression.
>>
>>15210214

Amuro in CCA is pure raw power. I really wished they just at least showed him during ZZ once. Just to see what he was doing.

Judua really isn't that great of a pilot. It really is all just ZZ as a suit. I hated the whole docking mode though, such a painfully transparent plot device to keep the crew as large as possible only to not kill off any important ones at the end.
>>
>>15210182
Judau and Haman being great just makes me even angrier that they're stuck in such a garbage show. They deserve better
>>
>>15210790
>Amuro in CCA is pure raw power. I really wished they just at least showed him during ZZ once. Just to see what he was doing.
They briefly talk about him being in space trying to push the feddies to no avail. I guess it's just like with Char, they knew they would have a movie to close their relation so they didn't bother having them in ZZ or really anything about them.
Also, it's true that Amuro looks overwhelming, but there's some sort of elegance to it, he isn't crushing his opponent with raw power like Judau or Haman, he just matches the opponent's game and is slightly better at it (funnel fight? nope I'm better, wanna shoot at me? nope, I use my various weapons and dummies better, Close combat now? nope I'm a better tactician and brawler). Re-watching him against Char, the latter stands zero chance, every time he tries something Amuro is ahead of him. Gyunei and Quess are handled like children and Gyunei is shot down twice with a single shot without Amuro using funnels, just with pure skill and tactics (dummies and crossfire). It's very pleasant to see Amuro effortlessly blow up every punk that shows, especially when you compare it with early MSG where just like in ZZ, it's just the suit. In CCA though it's a graceful combination of skill, newtype-prescience and suit power (but even with the weaker ReGZ he is able to fend off Gyunei and Char ok).

Judau is clearly the weakest character of the three first pilots, he is just quite bland really, plus he is never pushed against the wall, or it feels like it. Docking thing is cheesy, I'm watching Victory now and it still feels a bit silly, it's quite bad in ZZ as it's never really used as the enemy to attack, it's just the same stock footage (this and Zeta's transformation). They seem to do stuff with the modular Victory which are a bit more interesting than with the ZZ but then...

It's a shame because I quite liked the ZZ in itself, it's a great beefy suit, but why not just launching it as it is...?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.