[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /m/ think of Steel Jeeg?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: Kotetsu_Jeeg_DVD_Vol5.jpg (83KB, 600x417px) Image search: [Google]
Kotetsu_Jeeg_DVD_Vol5.jpg
83KB, 600x417px
What does /m/ think of Steel Jeeg?
>>
catchiest goddamn theme song
>>
Like the Diana Rigg character.
>>
it had Gakki
>>
>>15206965
To quote SRW, it's a very orthodox super robot.

It's better animated than Groizer X, and as good a theme song as anything in the 70s. But it isn't quite as interesting (story wise) as Gaiking or as wacky as Combattler V.

It's a post Mazinger Go Nagai super robot show. That tells you about everything there is to know.
>>
>>15206985
Now I see it.
>>
Jeeg hits too close to home.
>>
>>15206975
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeZNHrsC-vg
>>
>>15207424
>But it isn't quite as interesting (story wise) as Gaiking or as wacky as Combattler V.

Of all the super robot shows of the seventies, Jeeg is the only one whose story centers around classical japanese mythology. That makes it in my view much more interesting than Mazinger Z or Great Mazinger or even Grendizer.
>>
>>15207961
>2 minute intro along with a 2 minute ED
Jeez overstay the welcome much?
>>
I want to fugg Miwa.
I also want to fugg Tsubaki.
>>
>>15208149
used also for spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm2sNOAUSZI
>>
File: gyaru.jpg (633KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
gyaru.jpg
633KB, 1000x1500px
>>15208264
Thanks /m/, know I know what I need to do to get gyaru chicks to notice me.
>>
waiting for xpearse to make a release of the 07 series
>>
Sequel's better.
>>
>>15206965
A bit moodier than some shows back then, but good. I'm glad changeman picked up where SHS/Nanto left off, regardless of speed.
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=893625
>complaining about the Italian translators not bothering with Don's songs
Kek.
>>
File: Omorai_01-061.png (70KB, 606x232px) Image search: [Google]
Omorai_01-061.png
70KB, 606x232px
>>15208277
>waiting
You never asked. Do you want me to? Was it released in BD or are the current encodes just not good enough?

>>15208323
Any release is better than none. But 13 episodes since 2010 isn't a good sign.
>>
>>15210575
It was released on BD, but the only thing that was subbed was the TV version.
>>
>>15207424
It does have Hiroshi as proto-Amuro or proto-Shinji, with his father-son conflictuality and him not being interested in fighting giant-ass monsters(at least at first)
>>
>>15210575
>But 13 episodes since 2010 isn't a good sign.
Oh ye of little faith, some shows took many more years to get fully-subbed. I'm sure it'll get pulled off, it's not like changeman has anything else at the moment, and he actually picked it up last year.

Waiting after Nanto, on the other hand...
>>
>>15210575
>Any release is better than none. But 13 episodes since 2010 isn't a good sign.

Then get off your lazy ass and learn either Japanese, Spanish or Italian.
>>
>>15206965

I liked the new series better.
>>
>>15212036
It's ironic how the new series felt childish and cliche compared to the old show despite the latter was a 70s cartoon aimed to children
>>
>>15212044

I will happily put up with lapses in story quality if it means the animation, design, and music is superior.
>>
>>15212062
I'll give you animation and design but

>and music is superior.

The fuck are you talking about, Koutetsu Jeeg's OST and op/ed/insert songs were great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OUgybm6ufE
>>
>>15207424
Too bad combattler was trash
>>
>>15211549
>It does have Hiroshi as proto-Amuro or proto-Shinji, with his father-son conflictuality and him not being interested in fighting giant-ass monsters(at least at first)
The thing is the focus on a father-son conflict actually came from Great Mazinger, just like the focus on Japenese mythology echoes how Mazinger echoed Greek mythology. Very little about what's Jeeg is original.

>>15212390
>Too bad combattler was trash
The first 26 episodes are generally above par for 70s mecha anime, with a few episodes in particular being excellent. The Combattler V itself is cool just for how many bullshit gimmicks it has hidden up it's sleeves, sometimes literally.

I won't defend the rest of the series.

>>15212428
>Which is?
The brief answer is that Mazinger Z was a very popular show and Go Nagai, who produced the manga, had a very particular style. and the mecha shows that followed it tended to ape it very closely.

This is evident not just in the artist sense (character designs, robot designs, what colors are used, how scenes are framed) but in the characters and story.

There'd be the one heroic male lead, one heroic but helpless female lead, one clownish sidekick, one paternal but powerless scientist. They'd defend one discreet location from an older nonhuman autocrat, who'd send their strangely shaped generals to attack it with enemy mecha.

Basically, those shows follow the Mazinger Z formula blindly and rigidly.
>>
The nyaa torrents are so slow. Is there a direct download for the files anywhere? If not, then I can wait two week for it to download.
>>
>>15212937
>The thing is the focus on a father-son conflict actually came from Great Mazinger
not really- or at very least it's completely different.

Hiroshi is a rebellious son towards an absent father who put work before everything else
>>
Poor men Mazinger.
>>
>>15212390
Too bad you're a faggot.
>>
>>15208323
Why didn't you lot tell me that Jeeg was being subbed? I swear, sometimes I think you forget it's your duty to keep me apprised.

We really need a big damn sticky thread of subs.
>>
I just read the Jeeg manga and it's extremely mediocre.

Is it the worst piece of Jeeg media?

It had like zero characterization and felt rushed like all the time.

Only decent thing about it were the fights which is fine but at least other 70s super robots have other strongpoints.
>>
>>15212044
They're both cartoons aimed at children.
As is almost everything we discuss.
>>
>>15218543
Supposedly, Gosaku Ota did his own Jeeg manga, so I wish that would be scanlated to see how it is like.

Besides, the normal one you mentioned appeared in Terebi-Kun, which did anime tie-in manga.
>>
>>15218548
Shin Jeeg was aimed to nostalgic manchildren, not actual children
>>
>>15206965
SHin was bertter
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.