[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_2017-02-14_02-36-27.png (522KB, 860x605px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-14_02-36-27.png
522KB, 860x605px
Was he right?
>>
>>15206864
Why are you subbed to this fat fuck, or any anime "reviewer" for that matter?
>>
Fuck you OP, I almost forgot about that ugly faggot.
>>
File: warren ellis.jpg (108KB, 387x500px) Image search: [Google]
warren ellis.jpg
108KB, 387x500px
>>15206864

This thread is now about Warren Ellis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS0r3VNdV_k
>>
Why do people hate him again?
>>
>>15206899
>"HE DOESN'T AGREE WITH ME!!!!!"
>>
>>15206895
that is random......am I on /co/?
>>
>>15206864

Hes never right about anything, kind of like /m/.
>>
Is he gonna review Stardust Memory soon? Let me guess, he's gonna bitch about characters acting unrationally in emotional situations and the nazis winning.
>>
>>15206864
Yeah, kinda.
>>
>>15206899
>Hates MD Geist
>Hates Venus
What's not to hate?
>>
>>15206899
He acts like an ignorant fuck unapologetically
>>
He definitely isn't right about Gall Force
>>
>>15206899
>failed to research Zeiram and Iria
>failed to show the funny eps of Agent Aika
>failed to bring up Go Nagai when reviewing Devilman or even the franchise's history
>praised Video Girl Ai which was very meh
>overblew Jungle de Ikou without even bothering to finish
>whined about how Violence Jack was too violent despite showing far worse moments like that exposed ribcage in Geno Cyber
>bad mouthed Venus Wars, MD Geist, Junk Boy, Dark Myth, Super Atragon, Gowkaiser, and Mad Bull 34
>made Angel Sanctuary appear worse than it was
>praised Macross Plus
>has lots of copypasta opinions you see on ANN
>calls Obari trash
>called Gravion a bad mech because of the pilots

Do I need to continue?
>>
>>15207406
Sounds like a terminal lack of taste.
>>
>>15207406
Will only watch dubbed garbage, too.
>>
>>15207406
>>praised Macross Plus
Yeah, so? Everything else I can kind of understand, but I see no reason to hold that one against him.
>>
>>15207620
>muh chinese language
>>
>>15207701
>Yeah, so? Everything else I can kind of understand, but I see no reason to hold that one against him.
it's mediocre at best though
>>
>>15207728
Macross in general is mediocre at best.

Except Delta. That's fucking shit.
>>
>>15207737
Zero was legitimately good though
>>
>>15206864
>stupid hat
>wearing a hat indoors
>three chins
>youtube anime reviewer
I hate him already
>>
>>15207406
>calls Obari trash

I sort of remember him deliberately ignoring the guy who made those elaborate and insightful articles about Obari's career, style, influence on the industry, etc. because you couldn't make fun out of those.
>>
>knowing who Fat Guy With A Hat #4515128 is and what his opinions are
nah there's robot cartoons I could watch instead
>>
I like him. You don't have to agree with his opinions.
>>
>>15206864
This guy doesn't like Apocalypse Zero. I just can't take someone's opinion seriously if he hates fun that bad.
>>
>>15207728
The story in Plus is definitely mediocre but the animation and designs are great
>>
File: hayato.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hayato.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>15206864

Not going to bother watching the video since I can tell by the way he looks and the L/D ratio for the video that he's probably an immense Evafag.
>>
File: 1437458465685.png (369KB, 754x711px) Image search: [Google]
1437458465685.png
369KB, 754x711px
>>15206864
>2501 literally tells Motoko that they're similar but doesn't provide a convincing explanation
>Benett goes on a 5 minutes analysis of how 2501 and Motoko are visually paralleled through the use of high-angle shots like it's gonna shed some light on the issue.
>rambles on about how it's supposed to make them both seem dominant and godlike because he has a blatant femdom fetish
>fails to point out that, on a very basic level, it induces vertigo and communicates Motoko's fear and fascination for death in a visceral way to convey the mystical tone in a disturbing manner.
>same shit with mirrors, gore, nudity and mannequins except this time he somehow interprets it as feminism.

Motherfucker just regurgitates what little he knows about visual storytelling devices and overinterprets them, but barely touches upon their obvious aesthetic purpose, because his high school teachers didn't think it was necessary to tell him that high angle shots make you go "woah it's like I'm falling! I'm afraid and stuff!".

I mean fucking hell, reflections + gore + vertiginous perspective + floating naked chicks is baroque 101, he could have detailed that for 15 minutes but instead he had to show everyone that he had decyphered Oshii's intricate feminist message or someshit.
>>
Is this the man with no jawline?
>>
>>15207892
oh he's not.

But then again you'd have to be a fucking emo nutcase or a psychology major to be an evafag. He's just a pretentious MALfag, not a fucking emo nutcase or a psychology major.
>>
File: 1461696287068.jpg (74KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
1461696287068.jpg
74KB, 800x449px
>>15207943
no it's the man with no taste
>>
>>15207406
>>15207701
Not just Macross Plus

ROBOTECH too
>>
>>15207406
hey come on Video Girl Ai is good. It drags on in the middle but it's by far the best example of the "fake girl brings you happiness but will disappear within a few days and you can't do shit about it" genre.
>>
>>15206864
More like "was he EVER right"
>>
>>15207958
once every ten or so episode.
>>
>>15206864
no.

These people can't decide if they want to be funny, or if they want to do research and provide any kind of insight into what they're doing.

They fail at the former and they don't try very hard on the latter, so you get garbage like this review where he takes things where character do bad things or fail at the things that they're doing and call them bad characters and a bad story. Really, making all of these reviewers into "Characters" is the worst part of it all.
>>
>>15207406
This is the first time I've seen anybody defending Junk Boy.
>>
>>15206864
Another fat fuck with shitty opinions.
>>
>>15208218
it was okay, but definitely better than how Sage describes and it's better than Golden Boy despite how hard Macross World whines
>>
>>15208389
>and it's Duel
Nothing to see here folks, just move along and ignore the escaped mental patient
>>
>>15206864

He looks like what I imagine the most obnoxious redditor would look like.

Let me guess he's an atheist too?
>>
>>15207939
>TFW have a femdom fetish
Please don't associate me and my fetish with this fuck.
>>
>>15209652
He's the one who can't help pointing out that he knows what being a sub is like and that he wants strong female characters to step on his balls.
>>
>>15206864
The guy is a pretenscious faggot that bases his criticisms on inaccurate English dubbed anime (Streamline was particularly notorious for script changes).
He also hates MD Geist, Venus Wars and Golgo 13, so fuck him.
>>
>>15206864
i used to quite like Bennet's stuff but for a while he's crawled up his own ass trying to be insightful and shit.
He reviews stupid fighting shows like theyr'e supposed to have deep meaning and bitches when they don't and i hate to say seems to be buying into the SJW shit when he starts bitching about how the tits mcgee character is treated in a late 80s shlockfest and such.

That said i always find the sheer amount of the shit he reviews and my own collection matching up frightening. Thing is i buy them for chuckles
>>
why do fat autists gravitate towards old styles of hats
>>
>>15212863
because they have this silly idea of the "portly gentleman" floating around in their heads and influencing their fashion choices for the worst.

Similar to how scrawny bitches and underfed fuccbois try to validate their ugliness by conforming to some baroque/romantic ideal of glamorous self-destruction.

in either case it rarely succeeds.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.