[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did they mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11

What did they mean by this?
>>
That it feels good. what else do you need?
>>
>>15205351
I never understood what the fuck did they actually want, weren't the geeter rays harmful for them? So why did they want it? What did they actually want?
>>
>>15205408
I got the feeling they wanted their species to assimilate it, and Getter weapons just overload them.
>>
>>15205408
>weren't the geeter rays harmful for them?
The Getter rays are minimally effective against them, that's why they often survive getting beamed. The invaders are another species who are chosen by Getter, but unlike humans who used the rays the invaders became corrupted by the rays and fully embraced Getter. I don't remember if it's hinted at/left vague whether the invaders might be humans of a different universe.

The point of Armageddon is it is an allegory for an arms race race where both sides are using whatever advantage they develop first to wipe out the other and is representative of a nuclear World War with things like mutual assured destruction and wars of attrition coming into play.
>>
>>15205491
so whats up with the space vagina?
>>
>>15205629

Superweapon to get rid of Earth and its Getter tech once and for all, unfortunately the space time ends up being connected to Getter Valhalla.
>>
>>15205491
>>15205647
lol at this anon just spitting out random bullshit as fact
>>
>>15205629
The universe reached its peak of progress with Getter and the ultimate Getter team, Getter Robo, and all of the Getter rays in their universe left to fight the fight that will never end. After that the Go team is left to return to humanity, although that might not actually be possible, to help it rebuild and see how humanity can rebuild without Getter.
>>
Is there an actual explanation for this or not?
>>
>>15205351
(((Cohen)))
>>
>>15206907

It's the future.
>>
File: say aaaah.webm (663KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
say aaaah.webm
663KB, 640x480px
>>15207004
Future of what? Space war between who? Invaders and humans? Is this just another example of getter rays I ain't gotta explain shit?
>>
File: ding dong the witch is dead.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ding dong the witch is dead.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>
File: he mad son.webm (924KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
he mad son.webm
924KB, 640x480px
>>
>>15205629
shin getter's ginormous tomahawk teared off reality's underwear
>>
>>15206907
just reference/adaptation to the climax of the shin getter manga
>>
>>15208796
>Nutted so hard the whole squad feels it.
>>
>>15209008
>just reference to the the getter manga
Summed up the Getter OVAs
>>
>>
>>
>>15205408

I think a lot of the confusion comes from the fact that Armageddon is actually two different stories that got smashed together. Everything up till the time skip was Imagawa, and then they replaced him as director and the show had to survive based only on the remaining notes he left and whatever they could cobble together from the manga stories.

There's a lot of imagery in the first few episodes that suggests something a whole lot darker was going on with the Invaders, particularly when they showed them emerging from the husk of Getter 1 on the moon, and their effect on humans. It's not hard to assume that the Invaders themselves are something like a product of the Getter Rays over time, like bacteria or viruses super-evolved through exposure, or humans corrupted by the rampant energy. Again, there's not a lot to go off of there except for Imagawa's penchant for stories involving humanity flirting with disaster by abusing a mysterious power supply. The tonal shift by the end of the series where you have the Invaders as giant space bugs more reminiscent of stuff you'd see from the manga I think is evidence of the departure, as are all the loose ends that don't really go anywhere after episodes 1-3.

Course I'm just spit-ballin' here.
>>
>>
>>15209030
They say what the invaders are IN Armageddon. They are a species corrupted by Getter rays which is why Stinger and Cohen talk so much about evolution and why Getter beams are not very effective on invaders unless they are shot to death repeatedly. I don't know what you are talking about with invaders changing when they are still the amorphous ever changing, constantly evolving forms. Just look at the arctic episode, the invaders most certainly didn't just become "giant bugs."
>>
>>15209089

Granted, it's been an awful long time since I watched the series all the way through, but my recollection was that the origins and intent of the Invaders was a lot more ambiguous to start; the only explanation for them was that they had showed up on the moon and had sparked the moon wars, leading everyone to suspect they were aliens, but Stinger and Coen, instrumental in developing Getter Research, were clearly infected. What I'm trying to say is that the show implies in the beginning that Invaders are what happens when people are exposed to too much Getter energy, but that thread is derailed later when they become outright aliens instead.
>>
>>15209089
>>15209112
The first 3 episodes have a couple of plotlines that go nowhere due to the writer changes, like the Getter Rays at one point being stated to be reversing evolution.
>>
Do they have to make these faces every single time?

>>15209008
Ah, right. I've yet to read that. Nearly finished reading Go. Only 2 volumes left.
>>
>>15207422

A long long time from now, something will happen that makes Ryouma just go nuts with Getter Rays, causing him to obtain the Getter Emperor and go conquering the universe.
>>
Man, Getter Robo seems to be the King of the trollface.
>>
>>15209219
>Do they have to make these faces every single time?
No, but bless them, they do.
>>
>>15207422
It's the future for Getter Robo. It's explained in the original timeline.
>>
>>15209920
>more misinfo
>>
File: 20150425153506.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
20150425153506.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>15209030
Imagawa's Invaders were probably based on Ishikawa's Dogura, which are some sort of biological weapon/Buddhist demon that appears in several of his stories. Once you get infected with those you turn into a Lovecraftian horror, go insane, your skin becomes a mirror into space with stars and galaxies etc.
>>
>>15209971
I don't know where this future thing is coming from. The Getter team speculates and basically says what Getter Valhalla is in the episode before they send the second generation back to their universe.
>>
>>15210363
>your skin becomes a mirror into space with stars and galaxies
This is a really neat idea and literally unheard of.
>>
Someone actually did a summary of the Moon Wars for anyone interested.

http://mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15597

"I got bored of searching for info so I just listened to instead. Even my Japanese skills can handle super robots. But before that the actual title is something like: Shin Getter Robo - Decade Long Moon War ~ Shuddering Premonition. So I wrote a summary cause it was easier should cover most stuff.

It starts with some guys hanging out on the Moon when Invaders appear and Getter Robo comes in and finished them off. This is the prologue and this is basically the chapter in the Shin Getter Robo manga called Moon Wars.

The real story starts with Ryoma leaving the Saotome Lab as the Invaders are dead and he doesn't care about the development of space, everyone tries to convince him in one way or another to not leave but fail and he heads off. Benki becomes the new pilot of Eagle and they test out the new powered up Getter Robo. As expected Benkei sucks and screws up their combination and the Get Machines crash into the ground. They're all fine for the most part but Michiru tries to cheer up Benki and Saotome agrees. Most of the damage was in Eagle.

Ryoma meanwhile goes and fights some guys for fun at a dojo cause it's Ryoma.

Michiru talks to her friend Erika who is going to the Moon to work on space development because her dead parents blah blah."
>>
"Speaking of space development they are having problems of some sort though Saotome hopes they'll be fine. They lost communication but are sending a team. Though soon enough they get in contact with Erika and the Moon Base where ZOINKS is going down. Soon enough they start thinking that the Invaders are back even though they till killed them off because of the communication they recieved. Michiru runs off to the Moon by herself. Benki and Musashi want to go to the Moon after Michiru but Hayato stops them and says they have to wait till it's completed. Though it doesn't work and they run off and Hayato goes as well.

On the Moon Michiru cant' find anyone even in the command center and is sad because of her friend. Though the door opens and Erika is there saying everyone is dead. Erika survives and her Michiru are happy to be together again.

Ryoma wants to go beat up the strongest person in the world but he finds out Hayato he already beat him so they fight. The fight goes on and stops after awhile for Hayato to tell Ryoma the Invaders are back and Michiru ran off to the Moon. Ryoma is understandably pissed and goes away with Hayato."
>>
"Erika tells Michiru her story about how there were no Invaders but when they activated the Getter Reactor the Invaders suddenly appeared from the underground tunnels and went off and killed everyone. Michiru gets in contact with Saotome and says there are no Invaders around and that Benki and Musashi are on their way. The communication cuts off with an Invader scream and more screams. Erika and Michiru prepare to fight with guns and try to escape an attempt to do so. After a while of that Benki and Musashi appear. They decide before escaping they need to stop the Getter Reactor and Erika needs to go since she has the password. More Invaders attack and Benki decides to stay alone and sends the rest off to escape but that doesn't work because atnonment of failed combination, etc, etc, and they all attempt to escape together as they cause a breach and air is running out. Before the end at the hands of the Invaders Ryoma and Hayato appears and saves them and fight more Invaders. (Where was this human vs Invader combat in the OVA?) Afterwards the Invader boss shows up and Ryoma goes after it, Benki takes Erika and Michiru and try to escape, Musashi and Hayato help out Ryoma but the machine gun doesn't work. If only they had a Getter...

With striking coincidence Getter Robo G crashes into the base sent by Saotome. Ryoma, Hayato and Musashi hop into it. Saotome and Michiru hug because she's safe. Insert Getter Robo G fight showing off all the modes. But Getter Beam doesn't work so Saotome tell them to use the Shine Spark so they do and win."
>>
"Afterwards they leave the Moon. Erika wonders when they'll restart Space Development. Saotome asks Ryoma to return to the Saotome Lab again because the Invaders might come again and they need a strong Getter Robo and Ryoma. Ryoma agrees and plus he still has to settle his fight with Hayato.

What can we take from this audio drama? Well the interesting this is that Erika is probably an Invader. Remember in the OVA how they found some living dogs in the dead New York where nothing else was alive. Yup that's probably Erika and that's probably what got Michiru and lead to her death. Fits in with the title at least."
>>
File: meme face.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
meme face.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>15210920
>>15210919
>>15210909
>>15210907
Interesting. Thanks for posting it.

>>15209429
I have an entire folder of most of the faces they make.
>>
>>15209005
this guy gets it
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.