[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who would you rather serve under, Yang Wen-li or Reinhard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: 20160929002933.jpg (67KB, 554x327px) Image search: [Google]
20160929002933.jpg
67KB, 554x327px
Who would you rather serve under,
Yang Wen-li or Reinhard?
>>
>>15204858
Yang
>>
File: 1486593954482.jpg (20KB, 236x528px) Image search: [Google]
1486593954482.jpg
20KB, 236x528px
>>15204858

I would rather serve in the alliance fleet, but much prefer being under the command of Reinhard. Yang was undercut by the corruption and ineptitude of the alliance far too much, but at least being enlisted in the FPA would mean a semi-decent chance at being promoted for merit. Unless you're serving under a guy like Reinhard, being in the imperial fleet basically means being peasant-tier for life, right?
>>
Wenli, because he is my waifu
>>
>>15204858
Yang if only so I can hang out with Schenkopp.
>>
>>15204858
Better under Wenli than the Prussian honor obsessed manchild
>>
>>15204858
Yang, his fleet is like a family. Also he's just an easygoing guy.
>>
I look above the stars are bright...
>>
>>15204858
Yang, most definitely. Reinhard may not be as callous with the lives of his troops as the Imperial Nobles were, but even he wasn't above throwing away the lives of millions of soldiers over pointless pride (as Oberstein correctly pointed out about the Battle of the Corridor).
>>
>>15204858
Childhood is idolizing Reinhard.
Adulthood is realizing Yang makes more sense.
>>
>>15205084
Yet I'm blinded by your light...
>>
If you're not really high up (which is unlikely because there are a fuckton of people in LOGH) then it won't matter one bit, you'll just end up in one of those "look how brutal death in a spaceship is" montages
>>
>>15204858
Neither, didn't you watch the show? Do you know what happened to those poor fucks who got stationed at the wrong ship that ended up getting blown up?

I'd probably take a page from Yang's book and end up being a historian or some shit like that.
>>
>>15205125
If you're not rich you're being put on one of those ships. Yang wanted to end up being a historian or some shit too, and look what happened there. Either that or you're getting beaten to death by the patriotic corps
>>
>>15205109
Heaven seems so far away.
>>
>>15205139
>Either that or you're getting beaten to death by the patriotic corps
That's only in the FPA and only if you're dumb/patriotic enough to go to a rally like the one Jessica was organizing.

Yang failed to forsee that he'd end up getting fucked over by the military, that's all.

LoGH's world is a pretty terrible one to live in, especially if you take into account the history episodes, but I refuse to believe that being in the army was the only good way to make a living. But if I absolutely had to pick, Reinhard is the obvious choice.

Dying for a corrupt government is moronic, and while preserving democracy is arguably one of the most important things that the show tries to make you pay attention to, realistically speaking, the Iserlohn Republic never had a chance against the Empire.
>>
>>15205103

Not really, Yang's shit is mostly just simplistic platitutes. It's intentional "really makes you think" statements.
>>
>>15204858
Yang. Lots of fun, cool people, republican rule n shit
>>
>>15205182
>but I refuse to believe that being in the army was the only good way to make a living

It is when you're in a state of eternal war. They kinda make a note of that in the books with the FPA.
>>
>>15205200
I get what you're saying, and I agree that being a soldier was probably an easy way of making a living, but it wasn't the ONLY one, was it?
>>
>>15205103
Enlightment is understanding Oberstein is right
>>
>>15205208
Dogs eat dog food.
>>
>>15205215
>in the end he goes in the complete opposite direction and gives his dog some premium shit because, eh, might as well

Was that Oberstein showing affection for someone other than himself and his Kaiser?
>>
>>15205205

No but it's a very easy way to live comfortably. Everything in the FPA revolves around to some degree, so the level of financial incentivization that exists in it is extreme. Like with the War Orphans Act where if the kid you take in joins the military when he reaches age, the state will reimburse you 100% on all costs it took to take care of him.

The Empire it isn't that big of a deal because their population is much larger, so they aren't as desperate for pulling in recruits. Plus if you lived on say, an agriculture planet, you weren't going to get dragged off and put in uniform because they kinda needed people to grow food.
>>
>>15205226
Makes sense. No wonder FPA became a near-totallitarian state with politicians abusing their power, when the easiest time to justify any sort of drastic political change is during times of warfare.
>>
>>15205223
Chicken is the only thing the dog would accept ever, not just for the occasion.
>>
>>15205238

I thought the message was more of "when the system is rotting, you're going to get rotten people in charge of it"
>>
>>15205264
The system isn't a self-conscious thing, it's the rotten people who have to be elected and enact changes. All I'm saying is that your country being at war makes it extremely easy to create these changes, especially if your country is at war for god knows how many years.
>>
>>15205279
>The system isn't a self-conscious thing

it is when it's based on public opinion.
>>
>>15205238
>>15205279
Here's the thing though, the FPA couldn't really stop fighting, because the Empire refused to recognize them as a state and it was in doctrine that "the rebels" have to be brought into the fold. The Empire on the other hand has the choice to leave them alone.
>>
>>15205223
Oberstein was the real MVP of the Empire, playing the bad guy so Reinhardt don't have to.
>>
>>15205280
So, what exactly are you implying then?

>>15205284
It was a bad situation for both sides, and that's only natural given the size of both the Empire and the FPA, and their history. The sides weren't going to accept and legitimize each other, when the FPA was born out of its founders' disdain for dictatorship.
>>
>>15205294
>So, what exactly are you implying then?

The rotten system was caused by a rotten society complacent with the status quo.
>>
>>15204858
The society standard, crew environment, value of crew member life, and ideals of Yang are all superior to serve under. Particularly with Yang not believing in Valhalla he tried to send people to their doom. However, that would be in a vacuum where both get to fully run their crews without any outside issues, the absolute shit state of the FPA makes working for Yang a fucking death sentence. I would be on Reinhard's side and hopefully on the Brunhilde's crew so I have no risk of death. If not I'd request to serve under Oberstein since he's the only person with a truly pragmatic and logical thought process.
>>
>>15205205
All education that wasn't a part of the military was defunded, so your options are pretty limited unless you're rich. Hell even the military history division got canned while Yang was there.
>>
Yang is the kind of moralfag who'd probably have my back, but I don't really want to go down with him when the system fucks him. Reinhard is a power-hungry dictator but he also rewards loyalty and he's not a bad guy. The only difference between the two is that Reinhard is willing to fight the system if push comes to shove, whereas Yang believes in democracy.
>>
>>15205735
But believing in democracy was fighting the system
>>
>>15205172
Come back to me someday.
>>
File: CuteReinhardo.jpg (116KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
CuteReinhardo.jpg
116KB, 960x720px
>tfw you will never senslesly sacrifice your life to protect the kaiser
>>
I'd choose Reinhard. I like both, but i prefer the one who can be a great commander and ruler. Yang is also a great commander but i don't think he has the aptitude to be a great ruler, that's assuming if he wants to be a ruler though. Also since most likely yang will keep the corrupt FPA alive, i prefer to be Reinhard's subject.
>>
>>15204858
Yang, my survival chance would be higher, and I'm not talented enough to gain ranks in Reinhards forces
>>
>>15205840
The skies seem so blue
>>
>>15206102
>I'd choose Reinhard. I like both, but i prefer the one who can be a great commander and ruler. Yang is also a great commander but i don't think he has the aptitude to be a great ruler, that's assuming if he wants to be a ruler though. Also since most likely yang will keep the corrupt FPA alive, i prefer to be Reinhard's subject.

With Reinhard you're good only as long as he's alive (benevolent dictator). With Yang, you're good as long as democracy is in place. I'll choose Yang every day of week and twice on sundays.

And between Reinhard and Yang it's Yang that's the best commander. People forget he had Reinhard's flagship in his sights and the only reason he didn't blow it out of the sky was the last second surrender of the FPA to the Empire.

Yang is not a ruler, he knows history to well for that.
>>
>>15204858
Reinhard, if you've got what it takes to be successful, there will be a place for you in his ranks of talented men, and all the perks that go with it.

Better than getting stabbed in the back by the politicians that you're fighting to save their worthless ass.
>>
File: ancap memes in a nutshell.jpg (111KB, 650x720px) Image search: [Google]
ancap memes in a nutshell.jpg
111KB, 650x720px
>>15204858
Phezzan
>>
>>15207129
In the books, Reinhard mentioned that if Kircheis were still alive, he'd probably beat Yang.

Everything wouldn't have gone to shit if he didn't die. He's the real MVP
>>
File: 1389813942914.png (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1389813942914.png
53KB, 500x500px
>>15211070
I think Reinhard mentioned this to Yang in the anime as well.
>>
>>15204858
Yang Wen Li is more chill, so yeah, him.
>>
>>15207129
>With Reinhard you're good only as long as he's alive

Do you not recall what Hilda did after Reinhard died?
Democratic reform in the Empire(even if it was only because Julian impressed the dying Reinhard).
>>
>>15204858
Neither
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.