[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cyborg 009 Call of Justice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: cyborg009callofjustice.jpg (167KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
cyborg009callofjustice.jpg
167KB, 960x1440px
IT'S OUT.

https://www.netflix.com/mu/title/80057749
>>
>>15194759
It looks pretty shit. I don't understand the obsession with sucking the fun out of good character designs.
>>
>>15194772
I'm going to watch it anyway.

It's Cyborg 009.
>>
>>15194759
On that note
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=898202

Fucking finally
>>
>>15194998
Oh shit
>>
>>15194759
Wow-- while I love the old designs, I'm really digging these new ones as well.
>>
>>15195069
>I'm really digging these new ones as well.
Just how?

These are perhaps the ugliest 009 designs, I've ever seen.

Even the 60s designs were better.
>>
It doesn't look good, I admit. But it's a huge step above Re. It has solid storyline, characters act like themselves, GB and Chang are allowed to be funny again and there's enough screentime for each cyborg.

Also, they actually tried to set it into the same continuity as the manga without being vague as fuck like Re. It's much better than I was expecting, it's not the original manga or the 2001 series, but it's probably the best Cyborg 009-anything since then.
>>
>>15195257
>Even the 60s designs
>Even
Are you shitting on Ishinomori?
>>
it was ok
>>
>>15195595
It must help that Kamiyama decided to simply ignore the Angels arc this time.
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 400x296px
>>15195606
He's probably talking about the 60s movies
>>
>>15195617
Well, not quite, as this can still be seen as some sort of equivalent. They brought some plot points back that were not used on Re at all, like the "resetting humanity" plan and some God allusions. But this time they stayed close to the science fiction roots instead of some sort of unexplained and almost mythical force.

Well, truth to be told, the manga story didn't lasted long enough for any of that to be explained. Both Angels and Battle of the Gods were scrapped concepts that were supposed to be remade into God's War. Battle of the Gods also started with an scientist's daughter asking the cyborgs' help after her father got mysteriously murdered when he was getting close to discover God's secrets. I think it still has some nods to that story, but played in a very different way.
>>
>>15195836
That's good, considering that Onodera just shat on his dad's work.
>>
>>15194759
Never watched this, can I start with this one or do I need to read something before?
>>
>>15195939
EP1 gives a... fairly decent quick view of the franchize prior to going to new grounds.

I... fucking hate this amateur CGI work. But narrative, it's pure 009, so it works.
>>
File: 12.png (411KB, 577x745px) Image search: [Google]
12.png
411KB, 577x745px
>first shot we see

They sure know her role
>>
>>15195957
Eh it looks better than the old anime.
>>
>>15195939
Read the manga or watch the 2001 series first. But none of them are very accessible at this point. And you might be tolerant to an fairly competent dub with a few cuts or not so great HK subs to finish the whole thing. Manga is about 1/3 complete, but at least most stories and arcs are standalone after the fitst 10 volumes. At least up to where the translations stopped (I believe it's at the beginning of the Underwater Pyramid arc right, but it has been a while).
>>
>>15195959
They downplayed the fan service a lot in comparison to Re. This is as much as you're gonna get. Which is good since this was never a thing in the original and they seem to be marketing this for international markets more than your average otaku. Also, 009 has a massive female fanbase in Japan and that probably turned them off on Re.
>>
>>15195969
the 2001 series was superior in every way.
>>
Does anyone know what these figures are? They aren't listed on MFC and I can't find them on google.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNizrobWjBU&t=1m51s
>>
>>15194998
Nice, does it have English subs? 17.9 GBs is a bit hefty to wait before finding out.
>>
File: $_57.jpg (463KB, 1600x1323px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
463KB, 1600x1323px
>>15196141
Welp, never mind. Found 'em.
>>
Just saw the first few episodes so far. It's... not very good. The 3D is kinda bad. I don't expect much but it looks worse than all the other 3D Netflix originals to date. Jimmy Neutron looks better at times. It's not such a big deal on its own but it's really amateurish, it feels like they had no real idea how to give the fight scenes impact. The choreography isn't very good either, fights feel long and drawn out and not a lot really happens until the end where some asspulls are made. After the success of 009 vs Devilman I expected a lot more.
>>
>>15196144
You could just uncheck everything but two files though.
>>
>>15196309
Could be because I just got used to how it looks, but it felt to me like the last few episodes had more impact and intense action. Maybe they saved most of the budget for that or something.
>>
>>15197059
You're not wrong, the later episodes turned it up a bit now that I've watched further.
>>
>>15196426
Well, I did that and the video is in Japanese with subtitles in non-English characters (don't know what because the characters did not display properly.)
>>
File: Blinded_by-forbidden_knowledge.jpg (132KB, 1268x446px) Image search: [Google]
Blinded_by-forbidden_knowledge.jpg
132KB, 1268x446px
>>15195619
MY EYES
>>
>this animation

Yuck
>>
>>15197268
So close, yet so far.
>>
>>15196036
But the only girl in the cast is cute!!
>>
>>15197268
It's korean
>>
File: neat.jpg (48KB, 348x768px) Image search: [Google]
neat.jpg
48KB, 348x768px
>>15195959

the animation looks meh but the ass is still fat.
>>
>>15201576
>tfw you will never have a cute shoulder patting girl watch anime with you in your room while you sperg out about how she doesn't like it as much as you do
>>
>>15194759
man can we get the cgi people from bubuki buranki to do the next season? cause goddamn the cgi is bad. Everyone literally seems like an emotionless cyborg :^)
>>
>>15202242
>>15195959
Françoise is a ballerina, after all, so she worked hard for those glutes.
>>
>>15194759
Meh
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.