[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got done marathoning Zeta Gundam.and to be honest, I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: z (11).jpg (610KB, 964x906px) Image search: [Google]
z (11).jpg
610KB, 964x906px
I just got done marathoning Zeta Gundam.and to be honest, I'm an edgy millennial that usually cant stand old anime that middle age people consider "classic", but Zeta Gundam won me over. The characters, the story arcs, the mobile suit designs.... I have seen most of the Gundam catalog, and I would rank Zeta at the top.

I can't believe people that would hate on this show, I suspect those people are trolls that never actually watched Zeta and just post hatred about it for attention.

Believe in the sign of Zeta!
>>
>>15188961
Not surprising. Zeta feels very modern.
It was ahead of its time visually: the models haven't aged one bit and there are a lot of amazingly animated moments, so even someone who was spoiled by modern digital animation won't find the visuals cringeworthy.
Some of the characters might feel unlikeable to some people, but they are well done in the sense that they have none of the quirks that defined anime characters from this era(unlike ZZ characters, for example). Basically, even a millenial can relate to them.
The intrigue is also very well paced and doesn't feel slow.
Zeta is great. Tomino was a truly innovative director, until Turn A at least.
>>
>>15189037
>Shitting on Turn A
>>
>>15189052
I mean Turn A is his last good series.
>>
>>15189053
Oh, right. I can dig it
>>
>>15189037
>there are a lot of amazingly animated moments, so even someone who was spoiled by modern digital animation won't find the visuals cringeworthy.

You have very, very, low standards or you're just trolling
>>
>>15188961
Zeta Gundam is probably my favorite anime but it's been too long since I watched it. I need to go through the series again.
>>
>>15189060
>acknowleding that Zeta looks great for a series made in 85 is trolling
Zeta is the only anime from the 80's that I know of that managed to reach OVA levels of quality in its most significant scenes. You need to get a new set of eyes if you don't think the fight with the first Psyco-Gundam looked amazing.
>>
>>15188961
/m/ is just full of stupid pinoys and malaysians, why else would they hate zeta and praise offensively boring shit like double zeta?
>>
>>15189053
>>15189056
Found the retards
>>
>>15189154
>Zeta is the only anime from the 80's that I know of that managed to reach OVA levels of quality in its most significant scenes
Lurk moar
>>
>>15189703
>Malaysians

Dude I rank Z as my top 3 best gundam series along with V and the original.

And before you ask most malaysians I met that like gundams never heard of ZZ or Zeta most of em still think Seed is the first gundam and IBO is the best.
>>
>>15189154
Man, I love Zeta and all, but try watching the Zeta Gundam: A New Translation movies if you haven't already. The contrast between actual Zeta animation and fancypants modern animation is staggering.
>>
I'm in the middle of Zeta. the problem i have with is that it has great plot but terrible story. For example, Camille hates the titans because they killed his mother and father in front of him. Which simply put like that sounds great. But its so awkwardly written in show.
>Camille is a punk about his name
>he starts a fight with a titan
>he gets arrested
>he escapes(people are escaping jail cells all the fucking time! security is real lax in the future)
>steals the mk2 because reasons
>just up and decides that the AEUG is super cool and he'll totally join!

Every one of those beats sounds cool until you watch them play out and its awkward as fuck.

Another thing that is bugging me are the action scenes. On paper a mecha battle or two per episode sounds like the tits, but they all play out like storm troopers fighting other storm troopers. as in, a lot of laser blasts hitting fuck all. i swear i have seen jerrid get into 4 different MS's by now and camille keeps killing every other pilot but him!

>also does anyone get the impression tomino hates woman? all the zeta girls are kinda bitchy. like maybe he went through a bad break up?
>>
>>15189735
Liking Turn A is most patrician.
>>
>>15191469
About the one fight per episode, iirc, it was mandatory by sunrise, not something that Tomino really wanted, that's why it can usually devolve into "you want a fight heh, here watch: pew pew, no real characters harmed, move on". Besides, it's not completely out of place than in most fights, a good deal of the enemy manage to retreat. Most fights aren't annihilation fights.

Also, Tomino was pretty depressed at the time of Zeta, which greatly affects how the character are written and how they end up. It's true that it's particularly showing with women, but they are also quite different from one another (Fa, Emma, Reccoa for instance), they all have their ups and downs, but they aren't the same bitchy type either. I personally thought that it was commendable to see so much key women characters being in a japanese show (or simply any show really), and frankly, they are simply just as broken as the rest of the cast (perhaps in a more pushy way). Bad break up is totally possible in addition to all this.
>>
File: 1486595634777.jpg (168KB, 642x484px) Image search: [Google]
1486595634777.jpg
168KB, 642x484px
>>15191625
That would explain a lot.
It's those moments and concepts that shine through the bullshit that make Zeta worth the effort.

>Pic Unrelated but so typical of women.
>>
>>15191469
>the problem i have with is that it has great plot but terrible story.
I think, if anything, the opposite is more accurate. Zeta's great because of its characters and their personalities more than anything else.
>the action scenes
I mostly agree with this. The fights in Zeta are mostly just employed as tense contexts for character interactions, but there are too many skirmishes-of-the-week for it to slide on that emphasis alone. I don't think it's a major issue, but given how it disrupts the pacing it can't be ignored.

Just don't be one of those inattentive idiots that posts here asking what the point of Katz or Jerid or whatever is.
>>
>>15192694
>Just don't be one of those inattentive idiots that posts here asking what the point of Katz or Jerid or whatever is.

I like Jerid. I work in hollywood so i really identify with hating the living fuck out of a cocky Douchebag who fails upward. I have worked for that guy too many times.
>>
>>15192942
>I have worked for that guy too many times.
Well now you can take solace in knowing that he got all of his girlfriends killed over a petty grudge with a teenager. Serves him right.
>>
>>15192958
That he originally thought was a chick.
>>
>>15188961
>I'm an edgy millennial
stopped reading even though i'm a rabid Zeta fan.

Have some fuckin respect for yourself.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.