[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Zeta Gundam suck, or is it just us?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: M7Ux1486595216.jpg (168KB, 642x484px) Image search: [Google]
M7Ux1486595216.jpg
168KB, 642x484px
Newbie question here. I started systematically going through Gundam starting with the 1970s version a few months ago. I saw ZZ gundam and G Gundam and had mixed feelings about both. I thought the original gundam was good even for it's time.
My question: is Zeta boring as hell for anybody else?
I started watching it because of that /m/ chart and it is written that the characters are unlikeable. Watching it alone or with friends, we have been so bored and I have almost fell asleep multiple times and just finished episode 16. I like war dramas and stuff like that, but this is just tiring.
At the same time I started Zeta by request of a friend I started watching Fist of the North Star. The animation is wonky in places, and it's cheesy as hell, but it's fun. I'm doing one episode a day for both series. FotNS is just a joy but early on Zeta became a chore.
Am I and my friend alone on this?
>>
>>15187227
Don't ask this board, don't even bother asking 4chan anything anymore. The entire site has been overrun with contrarian shitposting desperate to spark a new meme. Run. Run the fuck away.
>>
File: Fat Wizard mech.jpg (767KB, 1506x2116px) Image search: [Google]
Fat Wizard mech.jpg
767KB, 1506x2116px
>>15187227
It's a lot more sappy and melodramatic than 0079, and many of the post-Zeta shows tend to follow suit in some way. Like with most /m/edia, it's a bit of an aquired taste; no shame in it not being your kind of thing.
>>
>>15187227
Are you unfamiliar with the concept of subjective taste?
>>
>>15187227
>Watching it alone or with friends, we have been so bored and I have almost fell asleep multiple times and just finished episode 16.
Have you perhaps considered the fact that you're defective?
>>
It's not for everyone but it stands equal with 0079 as the best mecha has to offer for me.
>>
>>15187227
Zeta Gundam is the best full-length Gundam series. If you think differently than you may have brain damage, sorry.
>>
>>15187265
Zeta Gundam is truly perfect. If you do not watch this amazing new generation of Gundam madness, you are stupid.

Yes, I know, that's insulting, but it's also the truth.
>>
OP here, honestly I should have added that I thought the animation and some of the mecha models were kind of neat, but honestly I have seen freaking Korean live action historical war dramas that were more interesting than this. Even the action scenes, as nicely done as they were, just couldn't get my mecha boner up.
Yeah, subjective taste, well, I guess that /m/echa chart about Zeta was pretty accurate. I usually don't second guess myself about stuff like this. I just was curious about others' opinions and why.
Thanks for all that replied, even THAT GUY.
>>
>>15187288
You've been spoiled by modern mecha
>>
File: Zeta is watching.png (747KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Zeta is watching.png
747KB, 960x720px
>>15187277
>>15187265
>False flagging this hard to discredit legit Zeta fans
>>
>>15187377
>shitposting tripfag pretending to be a 'legit zeta fan'
This should tell you everything you need to know about the quality of said series.
>>
>>15187311
I don't know. I liked the original Gundam. I also am big into stuff like Patlabor and Dougram, so there's that.
>>
Zeta is just a very weird series.

The main character being autistic and weird pacing add to it.

I love it and think there is a lot to the show but I'd understand if some people are put off by it.
>>
>>15187227
>>15187288
It has its issues, namely with pacing, but I loved it my first time watching and still love it. The characters are often unlikable -- but that's not a bad thing. There's a lot going on with Zeta thematically, and that's mostly where the show's appeal lies.

It doesn't grip in the same way the original series does as an action-adventure show. Zeta is more theatrical, and a lot of its action is akin to obligatory sword duels in a Shakespeare production. The violence is effective in how it affects the characters, but it's not much to look at on its own. I wish Zeta were better in this regard, given its pacing issues, but it is what it is.
>>
I'm on episode 22 of Zeta so far, and I'm liking it. The fight scene in Jaburo was fucking hot. Come to think of it, so was the Jaburo fight in 0079.

Is Jaburo the best MS battle arena?
>>
File: CsasU3OVUAAMWxH.jpg (61KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
CsasU3OVUAAMWxH.jpg
61KB, 960x720px
>>15187227
Have yet to finish it, but it's okay thus far. Camille is just a fucking autist where I am.
>>
>>15187227
Zeta is overrated and autistic junk for melodrama lovers. 0079 is the only good Gundam. Tomino whores on /m/ don't want you to know this.
>>
File: 5_1363718972.jpg (25KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
5_1363718972.jpg
25KB, 400x300px
>>15187227
Zeta Gundam at it's core is character drama (read- soap opera) unlike 0079 and ZZ which still had adventure elements. Which is War in Zeta boils down to Titans churning out new units, crawling out of every cornor of the universe while AEUG seems to be reduced to Aragama and another ship or two.
Surprisingly, it also becomes one of it's strength since it provides a standing of it's own instead of getting overshadowed by 0079.
No wonder it feels fresh to a certain degree.
>>
>>15188394
>Which is War in Zeta boils
* Which is why War takes a back seat in Zeta and boils

Ate some words. Sorry for that.
>>
>>15188353
Is that the BD? Those colors are shit.
>>
File: gondom.png (1MB, 1273x915px) Image search: [Google]
gondom.png
1MB, 1273x915px
I just finished Zeta a few days ago. Like, fuck, that series could have been 25 episodes long. So much unnecessary drama and fighting that ended up going nowhere. I watched the movies afterward and everything felt so much more logical (aside from the forced happy ending). The pacing was too quick, but it does a great job of demonstrating how much needless padding there was in Zeta that only served to dilute the overall plot. It's a shame they couldn't re-animate the entire thing, or just do an OVA series instead of a movie trilogy.

I watched the first episode of ZZ, and the fucking OP made me want to drop it right then and there. I really, really wish there was a compilation trilogy for this fucking show, because I absolutely do not want to stomach this trash just so I can watch Unicorn. I know ZZ gets better around the halfway point, but goddamn.
>>
It's just (you) OP

>>15187277
>George Wood on /m/

Today is the greatest day.
>>
It's not just you, ZZ is known to be terrible.
>>
>>15188656
>just so I can watch Unicorn.
Why don't you just read a re-cap and go into Unicorn already?
Nobody's forcing you to watch the shows you know.
>>
>>15188770
SORE DEMO
O
R
E

D
E
M
O
>>
>>15188809
100 Years of Solitude
Watch that instead.
>>
>>15187227
I found Zeta very boring, after the first 5 or so episodes when they get off the colony it becomes a slog until they get back into space after reaching earth. what I've noticed after watching it is that the tone of it is very, very different than other gundam series which I at least thought was interesting.
>>
Kilimanjaro arc is gundam at it's finest, that's the only part of Zeta I'd call 10/10
>>
>>15187251
Most of /m/ is.

Scratch that, most of the internet is unfamiliar with it.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.