[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Special Armored Battalion Dorvack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

So /m/, is Dorvack worth killing time for? Would you recommend Dorvack?
>>
>>15186220
I watched a bit raw. Seems okay. iirc cool enough designs, lead is voiced by Furuya, mascot robot voiced by stock R2D2 noises.
>>
>>15187869
Marty McFlies might be in better position to say, he's working on and off with it sometimes.
>>
>>15186220

From the couple of looks I've had at Dorvack, the most memorable thing I saw was the aliens modifying moai heads to be flying weapons.
>>
>>15186220
I'm one episode from finishing it. My take is that it's totally forgettable. The only part where the plot has any momentum is around episodes 16-24, characterization is almost totally non-existent, the fights suck hard in the first half and improve to average in the second. The best part is the focus on combined arms tactics in the second half; the show has surprisingly effective nameless grunts (except for a couple guys so hilariously stupid they get their team mates killed).

Having the Combat Caliber transform between cuts on the few occasions it actual does in the second half because the toy can't transform with the armor on is hilarious. Even better is when it transforms back into robot mode offscreen and the armor magically reappears.

Judging by the pilot episode it seems like the show was originally intended to have only power armor (and Masato's girlfriend was apparently the main character). It would certainly explain why the robots are so out of place with everything else design wise. Here's the pilot:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83zAgmf48Ds
>>
>>15187876
To tell you the truth, i haven't really done anything with it recently. I've been trying to learn Japanese myself so i can kind of continue subbing it since it seems like nobody has enough time or interest to subcheck it...

If i'm lucky enough, maybe i can get the person who's helping me translate Yume Senshi Wingman to help me translate this as well, but i can't guarantee that.
>>
>>15186220
i don't remember much

the only memorable part is when the tank robot pilot got killed and then they mass produce his mech.

i don't remember anything else, maybe the flying easter island head or something
>>
>>15186220
The power armor is great, even if the main mecha isn't
>>
The story was very simplistic and jumped into the bandwagon that is transformable mechs back when Macross was the thing.

The mechs are pretty cool though
>>
It was sorta mospeada's rival at the time.

From what I watched it was kinda alright but had QUALITY ANIMATION
>>
>>15186220
Shit
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.