[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vertical announces Glory of the Losers their next Gundam Manga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: 211.jpg (940KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
211.jpg
940KB, 1600x1200px
Come bitch about Crossbone getting shafted here.
>>
>>15184115
Forgot link of proof

https://twitter.com/Vertical_Comics/status/829045971480870912
>>
Makes sense to go for a Wing manga in the west.
>>
JUST WILD BEAT
>>
The question is will deacon receive cease and desist letters now
>>
Did Vertical bring over the other Gundam mangas?
>>
File: 20161108_002742.jpg (2MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20161108_002742.jpg
2MB, 2880x2160px
Given that GOL is another detailed/deeper and more 'fixed' retelling of a show by one of it's original creators like The Origin, it makes sense that it'd be the next logical step in terms of Gundam manga for Vertical. I am so down, even if I've never watched Wing.

Also, it's great that the Nichijou manga has done good enough for Vertical to publish Arawi's other manga like Helvetica Standard. Then again, the show is already very beloved. Can't wait for them to pubish CITY when it gets far enough for it's first tankobon release, too. Hoping for the same translator as Nichijou's translation for both, if possible, as it is absolutely top-notch and gets across the humor very well.
>>
will they do digital releases this time?
>>
>>15184115
Does anyone outside of /m/ even care about Crossbone?
>>
>>15184250
Have they said if they'd stop should a western release happen or have I gone insane?
>>
>>15184115
So? They were never going to do anything before Ghost for some arbitrary reason anyway.
>>
Vertical stated, if memory serves me, that nothing before 2007 would be done. They can't do Zeta Gundam Define because that relies too heavily on events in CDA. Plus I doubt anyone would buy that.

Considering the glaring issues that transpired with Origin for Vertical, I'm willing to bet Zeonic continues on with the series. They're nearly done with it in Japan anyways so... we'll see how long it takes Vertical to release this. I think they based it on the popularity with Zeonic's releases anyways since there aren't many other titles out there to choose from.
>>
>>15184252
Glory of Losers is not detailed nor is it deeper. It's a rapidfire retelling of the story with a couple new things tossed in.
>>
Sweet. Wonder if they'll do Frozen Teardrop as well?
>>
>>15184766
doubt it but if GOL does well possibly?
>>
>>15184789
You'll be waiting another 5 years then.
>>
DEACON BTFO AGAIN, HAHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>15184846
I don't see how. The manga is almost finished and he wasn't behind for once.
>>
>>15184846
Like, oh my god, like three series licensed in the 14 years he's been scanning this shit! Totes ma goats he got shafted!

Seriously? Vertical probably didn't know what else to take on considering that poll they released years ago. Teardrop and Thunderbolt were two of the best series they've put out and have the highest downloads for them so it's only natural.
>>
I really thought we'd see the 0083 rebellion manga next.

I don't like all the wing nostalgia pandering that this is. This comes across as a pure marketing stunt since rightstuf is close to releasing the series on Blu-ray.
>>
>>15184115
Hoping for 0083 Rebellion or Beltorchika's Children (manga) next.
If we're crazy lucky, maybe the novels for Beltorchika/Hathaway/Sentinel
>>
>>15184943
They're available as scans, why bother at this point?
>>
>>15184881
Wing is guaranteed more sales, so I don't see why 0083 would be a shoo-in.
>>
File: cover.jpg (540KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
540KB, 800x1200px
I hope Vertical doesn't mess with the covers too much. Last thing anyone wants is a big white box in the middle like Origin.
>>
>>15185405
Wing's prime was 16 years ago. I highly doubt it'll be a huge resurgence.
>>
>>15187382
In an interview last year it was said that Wing Gunpla are still the big sellers in America.
>>
>>15187388

Print media isn't the same. Just because plastic models are popular doesn't mean someone is going to pick up a comic book to read about what they're building...
>>
>>15187534
Wing kits selling the most means it has a higher potential audience. It's about recognition. Origin sold well despite the original not finishing on American TV.
>>
>>15187571
Core fans, that's why. Besides, models aren't exactly available outside of Barnes and Noble at big box retailers anymore...
>>
>>15187576
I don't see your argument. Why wouldn't the show with the highest recognition in America sell well?
>>
>>15187576
K lets ignore amazon.com, and gamestop, and hot topic....

big box retailer means absolutely shit for non traditional products like gunpla. Smaller specialty stores or online are where its at.
>>
>>15185980
That's not vertical's call, it's sunrise the licensor
>>
>>15187649
No, it's Kodansha, actually. Typically all art transfers with the license.

>>15187644

Oh yes, and Hot Topic is going to have a huge selection like Barnes and Noble will? Please. Hot Topic/Gamestop has maybe 2-3 kits at best. Hot Topic is also located in malls which, spoiler alert, are dying... so hardly any foot traffic.

>>15187606

Because it's old? Wing isn't exactly easily accessible in terms of viewing anymore. It only has the core base of fans who grew up with it holding on... just because it started the boom here doesn't mean it would bring any additional sales because new fans (or those that got introduced to Gundam with IBO on Toonami) won't have a way to watch it... until RightStuf releases the Blu-rays... which won't be for a while.
>>
>>15187677
Sunrise owns gundam. Remember vertical even mentioned that Sunrise started becoming micromanagy after vol 1 sales of The Origin manga were reported.
>>
>>15187677
Dude. they literally said that Wing Gunpla outsell all others in the US back in June. They specifically mention it doing better than IBO and 00 which do decent. It has the highest fanbase in America. If Origin did well Wing will do well.
>>
>>15187715
By converse though The Origin has pretty terrible gunpla sales in jp if going by amazon.jp ranking which has ibo kits spamming the top sellers list and almost no origin kits.
>>
>>15187725
What does that have to do with this?
>>
>>15187715
Who is THEY? Do you have scan numbers to back the claim? Wing only sells because of the OLD fanbase. I highly doubt that they'll be rushing to purchase this manga series which is plastered all over the net on manga sites for free. Hell, if you google the name it shows up on the group that is translating it, wiki and manga scan sites. Why would they buy it then? Sure, they can check it in the store then search for it from home.
>>
>>15187870
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2016-07-13/xavier-lim-bluefin-gundam-guru/.104264

That's a stupid argument too. All manga are up for free on the Internet and still sell in stores.
>>
>>15187888
Scanlations still have a tremendous impact on print manga. Thunderbolt manga seems to have suffered as a result of this.
>>
>>15184290
The Japs who buy it.
>>
>>15187901
Or maybe the west wasn't interested in Thunderbolt? Everything we've heard from Bluefin says that Wing still sells the best on this side of the ocean. You're just playing devil's advocate now.
>>
>>15187901
The origin was already scanlated/ripped from the old viz release and that didn't stop it. If the quality of the product is there people will pay.
>>
>>15187901
Who says tb manga isn't selling?
>>
File: EpZerovol1.jpg (520KB, 628x960px) Image search: [Google]
EpZerovol1.jpg
520KB, 628x960px
Episode Zero could use a reprint. The old scans are terrible.
>>
>>15188320
The Nielsen BookScan results I'm looking at tell me so.

>>15188239
That series was from over a decade ago so fans had nothing else to turn to.
>>
>>15187901
>Scanlations still have a tremendous impact on print manga. Thunderbolt manga seems to have suffered as a result of this.

Thunderbolt is shit. That's all there is to it. You can't redeem a turd no matter what you do.
With very few exceptions, Gundam mangas are fanfiction level material in terms of quality writing, and the graphics most of time is just dysmal. No wonder western mecha fandom mostly doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>15190523
dat shit taste
>>
>>15188613
I still have my copy of this. Back from the days when they flipped manga so it was read left to right.

A reprint in the correct right-to-left format would be nice.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.