[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eureka Seven AO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84c87ByBJcE

>Now, let's begin operation ASTRAL OCEAN

Man, even for a letdown this was a letdown. I guess you gotta play the pachinko to continue?
>>
File: 141.png (301KB, 386x436px) Image search: [Google]
141.png
301KB, 386x436px
They were banking on getting more episodes.
Those arrogant fucks at Bones.

They told a totally incoherent story that shat on the original and then the "ending" they had planned was a fucking sequel bait.
>>
>>15182316
>They told a totally incoherent story
Just like the original!
>>
File: 1348347020988.jpg (371KB, 1276x2156px) Image search: [Google]
1348347020988.jpg
371KB, 1276x2156px
>>15182312
>Elena isn't a delicious brown girl anymore
Ao even ruined its own characters
>>
Well, we're probably never gonna see Eureka Seven again except for maybe some SRW cameos.

With the way sunrise has been pumping out Gundam series lately, I doubt even the model kits would be enough of a temptation for bandai to get back into the business. Not that the original E7 sold many kits to begin with.
>>
>>15182329
Fake DBG Elena is still around
>>
File: 1485241034128.png (373KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485241034128.png
373KB, 1280x720px
>>15182329
>Elena isn't a delicious brown girl anymore
Because she never was Elena dummy
>>
This series felt like it raised a bunch of potentially interesting plotlines, and then either never went anywhere with them or fumbled them.
>>
Guys, the real sequel to AO is obviously the NBC sitcom "Quantum Leap"
>>
>>15182336
I know that, but the trio (the only good part about AO) isn't going to be a thing without DBG Elena. Boring light Elena looks and acts boring as fuck.
>>
>>15182354
I think it's pretty safe to say that nothing from AO is ever going to be a thing for the significant future

Barring BONES getting hit by some cosmic rays or something
>>
>>15182312

Why is AO and everything related to it such garbage? The decision making process that went into this show still boggles my mind. So many different parts of it went terrible in their own unique ways, its hard to tell if its just total incompetence or somehow intentional.
>>
>>15182354
>(the only good part about AO
>Remembers the OVA where the girls dress Ao like his mom.

How do they fuck up wen they have a trio with such a good dynamic?
>>
>>15184441
rocks
>>
>>15182350
Oh my god why, I hate when they pull this bullshit about the character being present at turning points in history
>>
>>15183045
I agree with you, AO is something of a mystery with how they threw plotlines left and right and simply left them inert or outright retcons something
>>
File: Kanon_AO2.png (225KB, 761x602px) Image search: [Google]
Kanon_AO2.png
225KB, 761x602px
Hey guys you remember the original LFO, that looks nothing like a LFO and isn't actually Nirvash the original LFO?
>>
>>15182312
Knowing the final episode is almost over, I hope Bones never touches the franchise again. After watching the clusterfuck that AO was and the pretty disappointing subpar show the original was, I don't think it deserves to go anywhere else from here and should be left to rest. If anything, I think the fans can do better in fleshing out the world Bones couldn't create in greater detail and expect to see some interesting fan fiction in the distant future.
>>
>>15184441
Not having any clue what the show's story is actually going to be about, or see >>15184712
>>
>>15182312
>Elena somehow traveled back in time and became her own mother
What the fuck?
>>
File: Eureka 7 - Vol 13.jpg (179KB, 1600x963px) Image search: [Google]
Eureka 7 - Vol 13.jpg
179KB, 1600x963px
Why we couldn't have just gotten a slice of life OVA instead of horrible mess that was AO?
>>
>>15185149
Not sure what Bones was trying to accomplish with Ao's story. On one hand, the show could've been more of a prequel sequel and explain what happened in the distant past but instead we get a show that just doesn't work with the time traveling in the second half. Looks like Bones was making up the story as they went along and the disastrous consequences were expected. This was fan fiction tier storytelling in a bad way.
>>
>>15182312
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2PJi1OtZVk

I remember seeing this and was hyped for the show, then I watched it and it all came crumbling down :(.
>>
>>15184441
>Remembers the OVA where the girls dress Ao like his mom.
That wasn't a good part, that was a fucking insult to injury.
>>
>>15185177
>Looks like Bones was making up the story as they went along and the disastrous consequences were expected. This was fan fiction tier storytelling in a bad way.
The best part is that I can't tell if you're talking about E7 or AO
>>
>>15185232
I dunno anon, E7 was pretty shit but I think that made more sense as a whole than AO and while it did have plotholes in the way it contradicted its history or outright never explained it AO just pulled plot twists out of its ass the whole 2nd season. E7 has plotholes but I think the show's real problem is the weak script and the unfinished main story in favor of Renton's coming of age story (which is also half assed for a lot of reasons). It skips a lot of stuff I thought was necessary to understand what was going on.
>>
File: ao looks back on his own series.png (486KB, 613x651px) Image search: [Google]
ao looks back on his own series.png
486KB, 613x651px
>>15182312
>we have finally become the Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
>just ends there

What a shitshow of an ending. Fitting.
>>
>>15185253
Personally I see both as lackluster anime in different ways but they leave me with the same feeling being unsatisfied.
E7 has an unfinished story.
AO has a more complete albeit confusing story.
>>
>>15185253

E7 kinda skips over important parts of its inspiration... It makes it delightful for people who are in the know, but confusing at best for those who aren't as well versed... Like 95% of their audience.

>>15185259

This image makes me angry, because it means they knew where they could go with designs for actually decent space/time fuckery

As it is, I don't even care to watch. E7AO is one of the only shows I seriously dropped and left dropped. No amount of Marty McFly plothole patching is going to make me change my mind.

Why the fuck is he channeling Truth? Now that would have been a delightful clusterfuck.
>>
>>15185377
Well E7 clearly had an inspired setting and set pieces despite borrowing from gundam x and eva but I think a lot of criticism in the show is justified, the main reason being the writing quality being inconsistent throughout the show. Renton's coming of age story steals the spotlight for the majority of the first half and yet doesn't manage to get the job done. I think the earlier episodes were kind of shaky and while the story eventually gets traction in its wheels, there are points where it slows down like in the mines. Problem is the majority of the time spent here is again for Renton to learn something but there are points in the story where his thought process is inconsistent. When he experiences the zone and meets DxA, he forgets them almost immediately after their encounter. We see Anemone and The End in his dream but that also doesn't amount to much of anything. I think DxA were characters that were written as an afterthought and not properly integrated in the story among other things. This would probably explain some of the disjointed aspects of the story and unfortunately it's hiccups like these that make Renton's character development more artificial than authentic.

Ao looked like it was trying to dive deeper into the coral and explain things like the Coralian iris but it didn't go beyond that. Bones also made some pretty stupid mistakes like making Truth only partially fuse with an object that was never foreshadowed. It would've made more sense to for him to transfer his consciousness into the archetype the way the secret did with Georg. Bones instead had him commit suicide and somehow end up being in the archetype.
>>
>>15184818
I was confused by that. Did humans make it? Did they just FIND it? What was the deal with the Scub Coral humanoids in the first series then?

I like to pretend that AO doesn't exist and Eureka and Renton lived a happy life with kids and Nirvash Mk. III had great multidimensional adventures with its species.
>>
>>15185433

Much of the material they covered was heavily implied.

The two people we see with any unique eye features are both expert pilots who have abnormal ability to read Trapar.

You're reading too far into the Accperience episodes: They're bad trips brought on by close contact with "normal" coralians. The RentonxEureka/DominicxAnemone connection is intentionally tenuous because DxA is supposed to show what was in store for Eureka in Dewey's order. They're supposed to supply contrast, not only demonstrating how not to be in a healthy relationship, but to show that resources and ability can be completely nullified by passive, defeatist behavior.

I'll be the first to admit the show isn't perfect, but it is far from broken or bad.

Then again, I extend a personal apology to anyone who watched the original airing: The pacing is slow in a marathon, it would have been excruciating once a week (Fuck spending a month and a half in the cave)
>>
File: img000008.jpg (973KB, 1645x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000008.jpg
973KB, 1645x1200px
>>15185513
I like to pretend the fucking gag manga is the canon ending, honestly.
>>
>>15185557
The fun part is, with all the timline-fuckery that comes with the Quartz and the Quartz Gun, this could be the true ending!
>>
>>15185513
No, the kanon was an asspull by Bones to serve as a plot device and finish the story in the most anticlimactic manner possible. It might have originally been the archetype GenBleu used to make the other models but this was never substantiated. It was either that or The End clone that served that purpose. Either way both were likely found and not created.

I don't understand how you went from the kanon to the humanoid coralians like Eureka/Ao :/.
>>
>>15185433
Don't fuking forget Renton being ok with killing people for 15+ episodes and then breaking down after Eureka turns into a rock. He should've felt responsible in some way at first since he's traveling with them making him an accomplice.
>>
>>15185579
I was referencing the humanoid Scub fossils/skeletons that were excavated. The ones that serve as the inner frame of an LFO.
>>
>>15185616
The ifo were not lfo. The ifo were intelligent flying objects because they had an ai that was never fully utilized but pilots could command their ships to do tasks. The light finding operation got their name from the method used to excavate them. Miners would search for green lights in dark caverns to find the lfo.
>>
>>15185587

Disassociation is a thing. This is a common issue with drone pilots.

Until they bleed, they're not people. Gekkostate did nothing to correct him because the last thing they needed was their ace to suddenly grow a conscience.

Which is supposed to tie into the incident in Eureka's past with the Voderac.

Hell, we were having this issue with modern soldiers: A lot of psych research is going into rationalizing killing or disassociating combat from murder.
>>
>>15185616
The kanon was apparently also an archetype despite being mechanical unless it had organic components? Not sure how humans would synthesize these though that's why I called it an asspull. Bones forgot to watch the first show because they got a lot of shit wrong.
>>
>>15185632
I get what you're saying and Renton says the same thing but you'd think Renton would stop to think for just a moment before a lot of things happened, a lot of things would've played out differently. Eureka was different because she didn't understand the meaning of human life so her backstory made sense but Renton was old enough to know these things.
>>
>>15185651
Yeah he should've been taken hostage but then that means no more fun with GS. Another way would've been for him to willingly join knowing what he's getting himself into believing he's fighting for the greater good. Then, he can eventually let his conscience speak to him at some point after something happens.
>>
>>15185651

Actually, I don't think that Renton would stop to think.

It's one of his critical flaws. Nearly half of the friction between himself and Gekkostate comes from impulsive actions and jumping to conclusions.

Renton knew there were pilots in the KLF's he was downing, but he doesn't take the time to lead that to its obvious conclusion.

I am afraid of harm > I must defend myself and the things I care about > To defend myself, I must disable threats > To safely disable a KLF, I must destroy it > Enemy KLFs are piloted by enemy pilots > Enemy pilots want to destroy my LFO (Renton's probably around here) > They want to destroy my LFO because it is a threat > They disable threats because they want to defend themselves. > They defend themselves because they are afraid of me.

QED: Enemy pilots are congruent in motivation and humanity to ally pilots and myself

Ergo, sudden sense of lividity, nausea and pacifist tendencies.
>>
>>15185513

The humans found it, but we have no idea whatsoever where it comes from or why it exists.

The weird thing is that the way they talk about it, it sounds like it was ACTIVE when it first showed up, and caused a bunch of destruction before Genblu contained it... somehow. Its hwo they know its a big shit deal when it wakes up again, so they can talk up how dangerous it is.

We don't know where it comes from, who built it, whats its supposed to do, really why it has any of the incredibly specific and BS powers that it does, or how the humans managed to contain and embedded it in a block of crystal without actually harming it (because it being damaged in any way would be unfair to the main character of the anime, Truth).

It really just is a massive asspull that exists so that Truth can mysteriously not die from the thing that explicitly causes him to explode, and then come back stronger than ever so he can finally be retconned away except not really because he is a friend computer now.
>>
>>15182312
F U C K Y O U B O N E S
>>
Astral Ocean > first series

And in every way, keep whining ninnies
>>
>>15186915

Not even worth posting a bait meme.
>>
>>15182331
How well do non-Gundam model kits sell usually?
>>
File: baitgguy.png (28KB, 498x368px) Image search: [Google]
baitgguy.png
28KB, 498x368px
>>15186923
That wasn't bait, but have a Beargguy
>>
>>15186915
AO had a better script than the first series, this is true but the show kind of wrecks itself by going full retard in the second half. The magic gun, Truth's transformation and character vagueness, and the ending killed the story. The first series had a lot of issues but didn't try to kill its story as badly as AO's did. AO looked like it did it on purpose.
>>
>>15185259
Older Ao looked cool. Too bad he got stuck in this shitshow.
>>
>>15186969

This.

E7 flew a few feet off the ground with a couple of decent holes in the wings and landed softly in a meadow past the runway.

AO launched high into the air at speed, wobbled a few times, leveled out and suddenly disintegrated.
>>
AO is the gift that keeps on giving, everytime a thread is made people find new and interesting plotholes
>>
>>15184812
>I hate when they pull this bullshit about the character being present at turning points in history
I love it
>>
File: 1481820682355.jpg (138KB, 1427x802px) Image search: [Google]
1481820682355.jpg
138KB, 1427x802px
>>15187389
>and landed softly in a meadow past the runway.
>>
>>15187556

Unimpressive, off-target, but not on fire.

That's the distinction.
>>
>>15185259
I love it when characters age and they look a bit jaded like Ao does here.
The way his hair looks is just perfect.

It'd be cool if we could get an Ao sequel with him that didn't suck.
I didn't find him to be a bad character, but sadly he was stuck in an unfortunate show.
>>
>>15187586
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I really dug Ao during the first few episodes and I think he still had good moments even as the show went on and he became mostly a trigger finger for a retarded plot device.
>>
File: [sweating intensifies].gif (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
[sweating intensifies].gif
2MB, 1280x720px
>>15182312
>This entire redone ending seems like it's setting up something rather than concluding it
>Bones has had an unknown show in development for a while that many have speculated is a sequel to an older franchise
>This episode literally ends with "Astral Ocean start!"
Guys, what are they trying to tell us?
>>
>>15187843
>Guys, what are they trying to tell us?
This franchise is fucked.
>>
>>15187843

Run, don't walk to your nearest pachinko parlor to find out!!!
>>
>>15182312
Brown Elena is best Elena.
That white girl is an infamy
>>
>>15182312
I honestly don't get what were you people expecting out of this new episode. They even already stated that it's a tie-in for the pachinko.
>>
>>15187843
That god is dead and we are the ones who killed him
>>
File: 1385964288984.png (84KB, 680x681px) Image search: [Google]
1385964288984.png
84KB, 680x681px
The difference is that E7 had a heart and talented people behind it. Yeah it didn't do everything perfectly right but it was inspired. You can read into it.

>>15186969
>AO had a better script than the first series, this is true
Like fuck it did, stop giving up inches to AOfag.
The first half was terrible, boring motw with occasional random preaching about okinawan separatists or how kids are the future, neither of which goes anywhere, already they set up several anticlimaxes going forward because fuck if anybody's gonna resolve those, then we have some really ridiculous stuff like Naru disappearing 2 episodes in, Ao hating whoever he thought his dad was for negative reason, Ao's guardian never explaining anything to him because fuck you do you want misunderstandings or not, Ivica being a literally static non-character who just stands around looking all solemn, all Fleur giving Ao a "Did you give a good thought to why you are here?" in episode 5 despite Ao already telling her the answer beforehand, the shit just doesn't stop. But oh, Ao took the severed arm of his robot and clobbered the enemy once. Wow, what an amazing character, such depth and maturity. By the time Truth shows up the script is already in shambles and then he sets the remains on fire.

I'm prepared to have a discussion at lengths about strengths and weaknesses of Eureka Seven and acknowledge that not everybody likes every move that that series has taken, but Astral Ocean just fucking blows on every turn, it's beyond me how people get anything out of it, especially in the hindsight of the sloppy resolution it has.
>>
>>15182312
i don't even remember what happened in the show.
>>
>>15188976
>The difference is that E7 had a heart and talented people behind it. Yeah it didn't do everything perfectly right but it was inspired. You can read into it.

Said no one ever.
>>
File: koMX1LT.png (228KB, 358x408px) Image search: [Google]
koMX1LT.png
228KB, 358x408px
>>15189034
I said it.
>>
>>15188976
>E7 had a heart and talented people behind it
Makes be giddy like a schoolgirl to see you E7fags say this despite the fact that most of the same staff worked on AO and the movie and your precious Dai Soto have been hitting it out of the park with shows like these after E7 finished.
>>
>>15189073
I mean yeah, but he also worked on space dandy
>>
>>15189111
>but he also worked on space dandy
This is a positive?
>>
File: 1472798644040.jpg (17KB, 239x219px) Image search: [Google]
1472798644040.jpg
17KB, 239x219px
>>15189136
yes anon, it's a positive

believe it or not people like space dandy, but please, tell me, with your master race aryan uberman anime taste, what shows do you like?

you probably wont give me a clear answer on that, because you're some /a/ shitter that thinks shitposting is a constructive discussion and never puts his own taste out there because you have a soft ego
>>
>>15189140
>believe it or not people like space dandy,
Just how people like A/Z. Doesn't mean it was good.
>>
>>15182312
Wait, they made more AO shit?
>>
>>15189147
I don't know anon, a lot of people I know have pretty good taste and said space dandy was good and its second season more so than its first. I think this show being discussed was his weaker show and even he implied it in a few interviews. It was more of an artistic venture for Bones than a show meant to have high quality storytelling.
>>
>>15188976
E7 had like 50 episodes to tell a story that falls apart pretty early on though. The main story was being crowbarred in since Dewey was supposed to come out of jail and whenever he said anything he just sounded pretentious as fuck. I don't know if they were trying to quote shit from the book constantly referenced in a bad way but that just hurt the show's credibility.

The show's first 7 episodes had a pretty shitty script that relied on a lot of cliches and the shitty writing is noticeable throughout the show whenever if chooses not to tell the viewer what the fuck is going on.

This keeps going on until the show ends and while I agree the show killed its story to a much lesser degree than AO did it's still not a story you can say was well told. E7 does have a lot of points where you can tell the writers wanted you to care for what was going on but people have to admit the writers fucked up in the way they started writing this story and ended up cornering themselves when Dewey didn't even have a believable motive at the very end to justify what he did. It was all vague.
>>
People only liked E7 due to the emotional connection they had with Renton and Eureka which distracted them from the shit story and piss poor writing involved with it. It could have been a great coming of age story if they had kept it simple but they went over their heads with the scope hence why it feels like a story that was written as it went along whi9ch I guess why there's two different versions of the ending, one for shipperfags who invested too much into the happiness of Renton and Eureka and another which makes a shitload more sense but because its bittersweet it'll leave a portion of the audience not satisfied. You can pretty much get away with any subpar work if your audience care about the a couple of characters (see Code Geass) but that doesn't mean that the product is good.

AO didn't have any emotional resonance because it was plot orientated and since people didn't like the plot or care about the characters involved it was an unenjoyable experience for many.
>>
>>15189289
> I don't know if they were trying to quote shit from the book constantly referenced in a bad way but that just hurt the show's credibility.

Dai Sato did this in the video game RE Revelations, and while quoting was pretentious at least the game was aware of this and even closes up pretty well. The way it was used was way better than the way E7 did it.
>>
>>15189300
I would assume a lot of people do, but others genuinely liked the very general idea of the story and everything else in it. The futuristic setup gives it points because it was also pretty familiar with the references.
>>
>>15189300
>shippers eat up anything that panders to them

Sounds about right.
>>
>>15182312

I'm guessing the lack of Fleur screencaps in this thread means BONES screwed up the ending even more.
>>
>>15189366
The ending feels rushed in the way it's trying to tie loose ends and it even goes with the character in different points in history cliche to set up for the operation.

All in all, it's still better than the clusterfuck Bones gave the viewers in the final few episodes.
>>
>>15187843
>This entire redone ending seems like it's setting up something rather than concluding it
>This episode literally ends with "Astral Ocean start!"
Pachinko.
>>
>>15185259
This is the face of a man who realized that even though he saved the alternate Fleur's mom and made her happy in the process, the Fleur he knew doesn't exist anymore and he will never see her again.
>>
>>15185557
Is it translated?
>>
File: img000008.jpg (549KB, 832x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000008.jpg
549KB, 832x1200px
>>15192765
Yes, it's called nAnO.

It's alright. Everyone ignores Truth's existence which is enough to get an A from me though.
>>
Did anyone play the games?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL-YtRHR_3k
>>
>>15193206
I liked it and it surprised and also confused me that they got localized
>>
File: 1446092872716.gif (971KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1446092872716.gif
971KB, 500x500px
>>15192757

Do the people working at BONES enjoy tormenting their main characters?
>>
>>15187843
>E7 gets a third series and AOfag is still alive
Fug
>>
File: young holland.jpg (105KB, 550x445px) Image search: [Google]
young holland.jpg
105KB, 550x445px
>>15187843
>Guys, what are they trying to tell us?
Eureka Zero incoming
>>
>>15193206
They were surprisingly enjoyable for a quick cash in. Probably helps that they're a spinoff that goes into the setting a bit in a way the show doesn't rather than something directly based on the show.
>>
>>15193399
E7 was broadcast on 'murrican TV, may as well capitalize on the merch.
>>
>>15182312
Then, movie confirmed?
>>
>>15197336

Pachinko.
>>
>>15187843
Find out in the pachislot machine!
>>
File: eureka_seven_205_1280.jpg (319KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
eureka_seven_205_1280.jpg
319KB, 1280x1024px
Newfag here, I just finished the original series and I loved it. It's a flawed series but despite some pacing issues and some bizarre writing in the middle of the show, it stuck the landing and I loved the ending.

My question is, should I leave it there? It seems that AO doesn't contribute anything worthwhile to the overall story so I'll avoid that, but what about the compilation movie? Should I give it a look?
>>
>>15198164
It's not a compilation. It's a different story. It explores a lot of the same themes as the series and it reuses character and mechanical designs, but changes damn near everything else. For example, at the very start, Renton and Eureka are very young and are already friends, with Dominic being their school teacher. There are also no Scubs, just aliens called Image that happen to look exactly like antibody Coralians.
>>
>>15198186
So it's a complete re-imagining of the series in a single movie? That's bizarre. Is it any good?
>>
>>15198192
It's kinda crap
>>
>>15198192
Not really. It would literally lose nothing if it were a random sci-fi movie not tied to the existing franchise, but I doubt it would have drawn half the interest it did if not for the E7 name.
>>
File: nirvash.png (256KB, 800x604px) Image search: [Google]
nirvash.png
256KB, 800x604px
>>15198198
>>15198212
The main thing I was interested in about the movie was that Nirvash had a new form, Spec V, reminded me of the Gurren Lagann movies and Super Tengen Toppa.

I looked up the Nirvash Spec V on youtube and I get a SRW attack video where it's swinging a magic wand and going "Mokyuuuun" as it attacks.

I think that's all I need to see. Gonna move on to other shows I haven't seen and leave E7 as it was, fun.
>>
>>15189034
Bones President said in an interview that his greatest archievement was making E7.
>>
>>15201823
Cool horseshit bro
>>
>>15202056
he's almost right

>Of the many original projects that Bones has created: RahXephon, Concrete Revolutio, Wolf's Rain, so many, which one do you feel most strongly attached to?
If you can count my days at Sunrise, I'd have to say Cowboy Bebop. If it's limited to TV series in the Bones era, it'd have to be Eureka Seven
>>
>>15198192
It's pretty and at least carries over Eureka Seven's original aesthetic unlike Ao which abandoned it.
The story isn't much, and a lot of the finer details are either completely left out or barely implied.
They were trying to create something with asuch depth and lore as a 50 episode show into one movie and you can guess how it turned out.
>>
>>15202553
>It's pretty
It literally contains tons of reused footage from the TV series
>They were trying to create something with asuch depth and lore as a 50 episode show
>E7
>depth and lore
>>
>>15202553
The movie was shit. The show was already pretty meh but the movie can be skipped and you wouldn't be missing anything really.
>>
>>15202601
>It literally contains tons of reused footage from the TV series
It had a few unique scenes, and seeing the devilish in action is always a treat for me.
And Nirvash spec V looks rally cool in action.

Also when I say depth I don't mean in the 2deep4u sense.
But the movie tried to do way too much for its length.
It barely explains the corallians (or Enzo? Is what they are called?) The subplot with notGekkostate is weak and very under developed.
The END shows up out of nowhere.
The whole "recreation of the myth" stuff was way too cryptic and needed way more explanation than the 3 scenes it got.

They really just tried to fit way too many new concepts.
The movie would've been better off adapting the video games or animating the alternate (original) ending properly.

E7 isn't a perfect show and had many, many flaws.
However it cares enough to fully explain all of the setting's lore and give viewers enough information to reach conclusions.
The movie completely disregards this and feels like they made a 50 episode alternate universe series of E7 and cut out random episodes and glued them together so they could fit in a 2 hour runtime.

The only redeeming thing about that movie was Devilfish fightscenes, loli eureka, shota renton, spec V nirvash and the OST.
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.