[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chikyuu Monogatari Telepath 2500

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

I recently came across this film after searching for other shows and movies with character designs by Yoshitaka Amano. It looks kinda American and i decided to download the RAW on nyaa.se and watch it. I gotta say...the movie was kinda depressing.

There was so many unnecessary character deaths throughout the film...it's ridiculous! The movie is incredibly obscure so i would assume that not many people here have watched it, but i can explain the film's plot to the best of my ability if anybody's interested.
>>
>>15179072
if you don't mind, I want to know more!

Since sharing seems not possible, a summary will do the job!
>>
>>15179381
I'll come up with something in a bit. It's on dailymotion too
>>
File: Pic 1.png (603KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
Pic 1.png
603KB, 600x429px
Okay...here's the plot. Spoilers ahead:

In the near future, nuclear war is ruining the Earth and the majority of Earth's population escapes on various spaceships. They find a distant planet light years away similar to Earth and reside there instead....

Fast forward to the year 2500. Society is doing well in that planet, but our main character, Will, is dissatisfied with how "boring" the society works, as everything is controlled by a supercomputer. He meets a group of adults (whom I assume are teachers or something). They are:
>Chief (The leader of the group)
>Some skinny dude who I guess is supposed to be the "tough guy"
>A engineer. His appearance (short and fat) makes me think that he's there for comic relief
>An elderly professor and his adorable pet puppy

They are all about to embark on a space journey on their own ship, and Will proceeds to join them. While on there, he begins to see visions of a mysterious beautiful girl who keeps begging that he meet her in a distant planet...and so, when nobody on the ship is paying attention, he proceeds to warp to her location and the ship arrives in an unknown galaxy. The planet they enter is heavily coated in some weird holographic fog or something on the outside...

(continued in next post)
>>
File: Pic 2.png (788KB, 600x442px) Image search: [Google]
Pic 2.png
788KB, 600x442px
>>15180924
The Earth looks desolate and the water is incredibly muddy, but there's one odd location near their landing where it appears that the nuclear war had no effect on whatsoever...it's basically this huge garden/forest where flowers grow everywhere and whatnot...but what really intrigues the crew is the inhabitants: they're all female naked humans with feather wings attached to their backs. I guess they're fairies or something?

Will finally encounters the girl (named Flora) there and they fall in love, but when Flora takes Will to a secret hiding spot that she likes to spend her time in, she reveals to him that every day, the women must go back to a castle of some sort where they give thanks to their "Lord", and not doing so gets you killed. By the time they came out, one of the women spots her and reports it back to the Lord, who decides to send his troops out to go and capture Will's ship crew friends. The crew is able to retreat back to their ship and defend themselves, but the fat engineer doesn't make it to the ship and ends up getting captured by the troops...

Once Will arrives, two cavemen-looking men show up and proceed to take Will and the crew to their hiding spot. I didn't really understand this part, but from what it seems, they explain to Will and his friends that after the war, the "Lord" emerged out of nowhere and began to rule over the survivors that lived underground. The Lord captured all of the women to turn into those fairy-like creatures, and he captured whatever men he could find to turn into his robot slaves...

(continued)
>>
File: Pic 3.png (833KB, 602x461px) Image search: [Google]
Pic 3.png
833KB, 602x461px
>>15180956
The Lord's plan is to try and take over the planet that the humans took refuge in (I think), and so, Will, the two cavemen, and the crew decide to try and stop his plans.

This is where the film kinda starts to get depressing...

Every one of Will's crew friends die one-by-one during the conflict.

Will tries to rescue Flora from the Lord (which he successfully does), but one of the cavemen gets shot by arrows from one of the Lord's traps in order to stall and allow Will and Flora to escape.

When Will and the crew approach the Lord's castle, the Lord brings out the fat engineer and promises to return him if Will passes over Flora to him. They agree and the Lord lets Will "greet" him up close, but it turns out that he was actually turned into a robot mind-controlled by the Lord, and the skinny dude from the crew is forced to shoot the engineer after he attempts to kill Will. By the time they're done grieving over him, the Lord retreats back to the castle with Flora and his robot servants show up to try and kill the crew. The skinny dude ends up getting shot to death, and the second caveman gets shot by one of the robots and burns to death...

The Lord takes Flora with her and retreats back to a space station he built on the moon, and the women try to follow him to rescue her. However, their wings start to burn after flying too high and they all descend back to Earth, falling and burning to their deaths...

(continued)
>>
File: Pic 4.png (2MB, 1095x981px) Image search: [Google]
Pic 4.png
2MB, 1095x981px
>>15180995
The crew arrive at the space station. I forgot to mention that the professor also has with him an R2D2-ish robot that he built to accompany him (the robot also had cannons to help fight against the robot servants).

The robot passes through a laser, which triggers a trap where beams come from above and melt whoever is in them. The professor goes back to the ship to bring his puppy with him, and forgets to walk over the laser...he and his pet puppy also end up getting melted to death.

Alas, Will and the Chief (the only two people alive at this point) arrive at the final room in the space station, where it is revealed that the Lord is using Flora for more energy or something. The Chief manages to shoot the Lord and kill him, and Will manages to save Flora...but it is revealed that he uploaded his mind to the station and is using the station to destroy the Earth. Chief knocks Will unconscious and puts him in a ship with Flora, and proceeds to sacrifice himself by self-destructing the space station...

The fog surrounding the Earth disappears, so I guess it's back to normal at this point.

...And the story ends here. The animation was pretty good and the music was decent enough, but it looks like the film had so much potential to be better...
>>
>>15180924
>>15180956
>>15180995
thank you very, very much!
>>
Hmm...interesting. The bit with the men underground and the women aboveground sounds vaguely like HG Wells' The Time Machine.
>>
File: 1452014709534.jpg (18KB, 354x342px) Image search: [Google]
1452014709534.jpg
18KB, 354x342px
That was quite depressing.
>>
>>15181346
Interesting. I'll think I watch. There are still a lot of movies to be discovered.
>>
>>15181346
One minor detail i forgot to mention:

The ship that Will gets put into with Flora after he's knocked unconcious starts to head towards Earth. The movie doesn't really seem to clarify if Will and Flora plan on staying on Earth or in the distant planet that the humans evacuated to
>>
>>15186684
Best guy
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.