[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Char's Counterattack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: index-cc[1].jpg (56KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
index-cc[1].jpg
56KB, 500x750px
So why was CCA so shit?

The characters where all so unusually shitty and I dont think there was a single redeemable newcomer among the bunch.
>>
Because it began in the middle of the conflict and was forced to condense everything into a movie-sized story.

It helps to remember most gundam characters are intentionally terrible, too.
>>
Because this is an obvious bait thread. Here's your (You).
>>
>>15179041
How is this bait?
>>
>>15178923
>It helps to remember most gundam characters are intentionally terrible, too.
I never really got that intention outside of a couple Zeta characters.
>>
>>15179045
Let's just say it's a very original way to start a thread.
>>
>>15178913
You just have bad taste,
>>
>>15178913
>So why was CCA so shit?

Shit on what level ?

Animation ? No
Music ? No
Story ? No (if you understand it is a direct sequel to 0079 and not to Zeta Gundam)
Characters ? Maybe. There are some really anoying characters.
Pacing ? Yes
Ending ? Depends. 0079 tv series had a trippy ending, so CCA has an ever greater trippy ending.
>>
>>15179332
>if you understand it is a direct sequel to 0079 and not to Zeta Gundam)
Would you stop spreading your objectively wrong opinions.
>>
>>15179343
>Would you stop spreading your objectively wrong opinions.

No. I'm right, you're wrong.
Tomino made CCA as a direct sequel to 0079 not to Zeta or ZZ Gundam. Deal with it.
>>
>>15179311
Doesn't mean its the truth
>>15179322
No you
>>15179332
>Music ? No
I don't know why everyone fellates the music from CCA so much. It was average, nothing really stood out much. 0079 and Zeta had way better tracks that stood out way more.
>Story ? No (if you understand it is a direct sequel to 0079 and not to Zeta Gundam)
Its not, and even if it was it doesn't change that Zeta happens and Char's character from Zeta to CCA makes no sense. The only thing the even comes close to explaining it is a non-canon video game
>Characters ? Maybe. There are some really anoying characters.
You mean yes. The characters alone ruin CCA.
>0079 tv series had a trippy ending
I wouldn't say so at all.
>>
>>15179344
Where's the proof niggernog? And even if it is it doesn't change how shit it is.
>>
>>15179347
>Char's character from Zeta to CCA makes no sense.

Ok, this is bait.
>>
>>15178913
It could've been great if Quess didn't exist
>>
>>15179911
This...
I would have said the same about Hathaway but at least he doesn't arrive out of nowhere and pretty much all the bullshit he does is in order to get to Quess so...
Quess's existence is to me even less understandable since we already had plenty of stuff about newtypes/cyber-newtypes mindfuckery in both Zeta and ZZ. It didn't need to be there yet again in CCA, of course I understand, it's Lalah all over again, but that was already the case in both Zeta and ZZ so why?
>>
>>15179369
>>Ok, this is bait.
But its not
>>
>>15179966
Then you completely misunderstood Char in Zeta. He wasn't a "good guy," he was using the AEUG as a means to oppose the Earth Federation as well as avoid the pressure of being Zeon Deikun's son. During the events of that show he had to assume a leadership role he wanted to avoid at all costs, and between the ending of Zeta and the events of ZZ he lost a lot of faith in humanities ability to change on it's own. He stopped wanting to work with the Federation to enact change and went full of maniac trying to bring people to space in line with the stuff his father spouted. And even then, all he really cares about is having one last duel with Amuro and would facilitate the whole thing (even leaking information so Amuro would have a strong MS) to do so.

That scene with Char, Haman and Scirocco in the theater? It's supposed to tell people not to take Char's actions in Zeta at face value, he's a skilled actor.
>>
>>15180087
>He wasn't a "good guy,
No one ever said he was

There was still a very huge difference between him in Zeta and him being completely nuts in CCA.
>>
4 vageena was the best char
>>
>>15180294
Something about him reminds me of Char...
>>
File: 1477442429971.jpg (605KB, 2355x1572px) Image search: [Google]
1477442429971.jpg
605KB, 2355x1572px
Shit cast
>>
>>15178913
ugh I just rewatched this shit

death to quess
death to hathaway
death to char
death again to lalah

So damn annoying. I don't remember getting so annoyed the 1st time I watched CCA.

Char is a weirdo
"Quess looked at me as a father so I don't like her anymore"
then later states
"Lalah could have been my mother. . ."

I feel like my brain is mush now

Also f hathaway
freaking emo weirdo killing comrades because muh feelings got hurt
fuck off
>>
>>15180280
He already wants to force humanity to artificially become newtypes at the end of Zeta. And he's certainly not above using WMDs and mass destruction (approval of the colony laser).

The only reason why people would think he's not insane is Zeta is because they assume Char cares about some distinction between soldier and civilian. We saw he doesn't care even one iota as he gleefully mowed down WB refugees. And Salya even called him a madman for wanting a world for only newtypes, the implication being anyone else would be dead for such a world to exist.

If anything Zeta is about a monstrous sociopath with radical ideologies keeping his madness in check just long enough to destroy the biggest threat to himself, the Titans.
>>
>>15178913
CCA is a masterpiece and you need to watch it again.
>>
>>15184618
why are all newtype girls HORRIBLE?
>>
File: hinugundam.jpg (204KB, 800x1341px) Image search: [Google]
hinugundam.jpg
204KB, 800x1341px
Because this wasn't the main mech
>>
>>15184600
Yeah, in Zeta he also consents to the Titans newtype experiments on Rosamia openly, saying that man will probably die out before we all become newtypes, so artificially speeding the process along is a good thing.

People who think that CCA Char comes out of nowhere need to pay more attention to what actually goes on in Zeta.
>>
>>15180087
>>15184600
Problem is, most of what you talk about is left as subtext throughout Zeta. He is never explicitly confronted enough on his ideals that later play a bigger part in CCA, other than his inability to connec non-superficiallyt to people. There is still tension between him and Amuro in Zeta, but nowhere even close to the levels rivalry they had at the end of 0079 to warrant the "one last duel" of CCA.

Whether you think it is the logical, ultimate ending to Char's character, there's a palpable leap in logic in Char's character between Zeta and CCA. He's constantly pushing away his responsibilities throughout Zeta, both as a military commander and in his relationships, so why is he suddenly leading an entire uprising in CCA? Sure, he and Amuro have a weird relationship, but why is it being hyped as "the fight to end all fights" when, last time they saw each other, they were just barely brooding about Lalah. You might say these events make sense, given Char's character arc, but the movie never really adresses explicitly how these changes came about, and the viewer is forced to speculate.

The movie feels a lot like it's missing an opening act, and the viewer just stumbled into the middle. An act that could have been easily focused on by cutting out some of the new characters with their introductions and focusing more on the heart of the conflict: Amuro and Char.
>>
>>15184688
This is true, I feel like CCA would have been much better as a miniseries with a length similar to Unicorn.
>>
>>15184682
Wait, are those INCOMS ontop of the Funnel Binders? @_@
>>
>>15184826
>>15184682
there's no kil like overkill.
>>
File: kamillewords.webm (3MB, 994x712px) Image search: [Google]
kamillewords.webm
3MB, 994x712px
>>15184702
>so why is he suddenly leading an entire uprising in CCA?

Pretty sure that's explained in the movie. Plus, events from Zeta and ZZ.

>the viewer is forced to speculate.

There's so little interpretations and you're given enough to infer. We know 'the fight to end all fights" attitude comes mostly from Char's perspective. Why should the movie explicitly spell it out? This is actually a strength and surprising from a writer like Tomino. "Lalah could've been a mother to me" might be the greatest line in all of Gundam.
>>
>>15184702
Between Zeta and CCA maybe it's a huge leap but given the context of his meeting with Sayla on the Texas colony in MSG it's not so crazy. Char always wanted something of an uprising but he's unsure of leading one.

We even see in CCA that it's not just him acting as a lone leader. He's surrounded by a political party, including Nanai, who are pushing him to take on the role of great leader, even though he feels like a clown.

I wouldn't say they were barely brooding. When Amuro asks Char why he returned to Earth Char says it's because he couldn't sense Lalah beyond Mars or some shit. And it's a fairly intimate reveal between the two so he probably wasn't be facetious, Char was still obsessed with Lalah in Zeta, as was Amuro, who was haunted by her death and refused to go to space.

I'm not sure Char really called Amuro out there to fight over Lalah. It's literally something he says in response to Amuro lecturing him about using Quess. The Nu was developed very quickly and I doubt Char predicted Amuro would create a new MS at AE, most likely Char heard it about from spies or something and then decided to leak the psycoframe so Amuro could later use it for the Nu. In other words it's possible Char didn't mean to challenge Amuro, but only goaded Amuro after Amuro entered the fray.

People get hung up on the Lalah line but I never got the impression that it meant Char deliberately called Amuro to fight over Lalah, it's just an old wound that came up when they were being petty. Char was very serious about humanity being changed, the dude even cries while talking about it, after his plan failed.
>>
>>15185426
>Char was very serious about humanity being changed, the dude even cries while talking about it
Finally someone to notice this.
Still it doesn't change the fact that he had personal issues with Amuro.
>it's just an old wound that came up when they were being petty
Don't underestimate the thematic integrity of the movie.

>>15184702
>he's constantly pushing away his responsibilities
It's not a matter of responsibility. He has always been portrayed as someone who is proud of his own agency to a fault.
> but nowhere even close to the levels rivalry they had at the end of 0079
Rivalry is not necessarily enmity. In 0079 they barely knew each other. In Zeta their bond was much deeper. Why would he care about settling their personal differences so much if he had no reason to care about the relationship.
>>
why are all newtype girls so bad and weird?

Also hathaway should be imprisoned
>>
>>15185426
> The Nu was developed very quickly and I doubt Char predicted Amuro would create a new MS at AE

he literally says that he wanted to fight amuro in an equal unit
>>
File: REGZ Amuro.jpg (196KB, 800x1015px) Image search: [Google]
REGZ Amuro.jpg
196KB, 800x1015px
Reeegeez is my mobilefu
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.