[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Objectively speaking, how powerful were G1 Transformers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 17

File: transformers-dark-of-the-moon1.jpg (215KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
transformers-dark-of-the-moon1.jpg
215KB, 1200x600px
Like, could I get an order-of-magnitude estimate of how many tons G1 Optimus Prime can lift?
How powerful of a bomb could Megatron survive point-blank?
How much can Devastator or Trypticon lift?
>>
>>15175152
It's G1 anon, this kind of thing changes from episode to episode.
>>
>>15175171
were the comics more consistent?
>>
File: masterforce.webm (3MB, 466x360px) Image search: [Google]
masterforce.webm
3MB, 466x360px
>>15175152
raw power means jackshit in transformers

look at how they fight, using cover and guns like cops

japs G1 however...
>>
>>15175189
Man I really need to watch some more Japanese Transformers stuff. The action scenes all look pretty cool whenever I see stuff like this.
>>
>>15175152
very powerful
>>
>>15175189
HE JUST FIRED A TRAIN AT CONVOY

A FUCKING TRAIN
>>
>>15175152
Optimus Prime had a strength of 10/10
>>
>>15175152

Sounds like someone's trying to make an RPG.
>>
>>15175152
The G1 Transformers could fly, couldn't they? That seems like a pretty big advantage.
>>
>>15175291
that's not objective
>>
>>15175421
Just the Decepticons.
>>
Those back-of-the-packaging power chart things gotta be useful for something, right?
>>
>>15175452
Tech Specs are more reliable than Gundam stats, tbqh
>>
>>15175430
It's from the tech specs so it's objective fact.
>>
>>15175747
Its not an objective scale. it doesn't fucking mean anything
>>
>>15175256
It was the front of a weird jet.

But yeah, there were some good fights in Master Force.
>>
>>15175436
And the autobots in the first episode IIRC.
>>
>>15175436

In episode 1 the Autobots all flew to the oil rig so it's not exactly consistent.
>>
They can take surprisingly few direct hits, as the movie showed. Hence why they always try to fight beyond cover.

But that says less about how durable they are and more about how powerful their weaponry is.
>>
>>15177014

It did become consistant, just not till after the first few episodes.

After that it was explicitly Decepticons could fly, Autobots couldn't unless they had a flight capable alt mode.

Which was basically done so the Decepticons could always get to their evil plot area of the week first, and have an easy escape.
>>
File: reduced-galery_image_5107_8398.jpg (55KB, 640x837px) Image search: [Google]
reduced-galery_image_5107_8398.jpg
55KB, 640x837px
>>15175189
The best part is, this isn't even Japanese Optimus Prime (or Convoy, as they called him until the movies and Animated came out). This is a motherfucking Americanophile Japanese Trucker named Ginrai.

He's the one on the right. The other one is Minerva, who controlled a pink and white recolor of Nightbeat.
>>
>>15177981
So are they piloting the Transformers or something?
>>
>>15177981

someone really needs to tell the Japanese that JUNIOR doesn't sound as cool as they seem to think it does
>>
File: 24-Pentagón-Jr-e1471126033793.jpg (1MB, 3648x5472px) Image search: [Google]
24-Pentagón-Jr-e1471126033793.jpg
1MB, 3648x5472px
>>15177994
>JUNIOR doesn't sound as cool as they seem to think it does
it's all in how you use it
>>
>>15177988
Basically, they shapeshift into the heads and become them. No, it doesn't hurt them.
>>
>>15178457
So humans can become part transformers and join with transformers?

well
>>
>>15178457
>>15178474
Worked for Jeeg.
>>
>>15178480
Yeah, but these are regular humans, not cyborgs. In other words, TF-flavored Super Sentai.
>>
>>15178486
Regular humans in transforming(?) power armor?
>>
>>15178457
What the fuck

I feel like this was the result of a weird fetishist
>>
>>15178491
well there is transformers kiss or something like that.

Literally is girls kissing transformers.
>>
>>15178488
Yup. Japanese G1 was weird like that after the first show.
>>
>>15175152
Depends entirely on how much energon they have access to at any given time. In one comic Megatron fuels up on energon and then lets a human army fire everything they have short of nukes at him for 15 minutes and emerges without a scratch. In another you have GI Joe taking Bumblebee apart with conventional weapons fire. For an even higher high end, Galvatron survived a point-blank explosion that knocked Cybertron out of its orbit and on an extreme low end, low power autobots were falling apart on their own.
>>
>>15177981
>Minerva
Why do the japanese love this name so much?
>>
File: Powermaster.jpg (49KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
Powermaster.jpg
49KB, 500x382px
>>15177988
>>So are they piloting the Transformers or something?

Somewhat. Japanese G1 is really fucking weird at times.

Headmasters, and the show of the same name, has a bunch of Transformers who are small robots who turn into heads for giant non-functioning bodies. Almost the polar opposite of our version of Headmasters/Titans Masters.

The Godmasters, like Ginrai and Minerva, wind up becoming some sort of engine block that shoves inside the unit and they "become" the Transector mindless robot body. Hell, Ginrai actually uses his Convoy/Powermaster Optimus body to drive in his job as a trucker.
It's basically the Powermaster gimmick, but one character instead of two.

Hilariously, Pretenders are the polar opposite of the toy concept, too. The Transformers are in human bodies, which transform into giant robots, rather than being giant robots who turn into giant humans (or other things).
>>
I'd love to see Gundam vs. Transformers.
>>
File: WheeljackVictory1.jpg (91KB, 567x434px) Image search: [Google]
WheeljackVictory1.jpg
91KB, 567x434px
...oh, and then there's shit like Wheeljack dying in the Japanese G1 movie, only to live on in Headmasters and Victory, thanks to the movie being released in Japan years later. Eventually, they decided he made himself spare bodies. Which works, because Wheeljack.

Or Prowl II, who is basically half Chip Chase, half G1 Prowl, half confusing bullshit alternate universe time jump.
>>
>>15178505
Kissplay, yeah.

I also feel obliged to mention that the D̶e̶c̶e̶p̶t̶i̶c̶o̶n̶s̶? Autotroopers? have phallic tentacles.
>>
File: LegionRape1.jpg (73KB, 282x379px) Image search: [Google]
LegionRape1.jpg
73KB, 282x379px
>>15179105
Oh, Kiss Players. Man, fuck Kiss Players. "Girls kissing Transformers" is bad enough, from the design standpoint that then-23-year-old Marissa Fairborne looks 13.

Then you have shit like this, ripped straight from the manga.

Yes. That's Megatron with a phallus-tongue. Tormenting someone who is of legal age, but designed to be a loli.

Fucking Japan.
>>
>>15179181
Legion, right.

Thanks, it's all coming back to me.

In its defence they had a nod to that time Op played basketball.
>>
>>15179089
Not exactly, Prowl and Wheeljack are the Binaltech characters that end up in the Main G1 world and end up stuck there due to machinations from the Quintessons from some other reality.

Hillariously enough, we don't know how Ratchet, or Ironhide came back, and now it seems Brawn's getting revived and we don't know how, yet.
>>
>>15175152
>how many tons G1 Optimus Prime can lift?
G1 Optimus Prime can lift 400,000 pounds or 200 tons (although a misprint in the Marvel Transformers Universe profile book listed it as 4,000,000 pounds or 2,000 pounds). And Megatron is said to be Optimus Prime's equal in strength, among other things.
Also take note that this info was written well BEFORE anyone considered the idea of using the Matrix to boost a Transformer's powers, so taken at face value this should be Optimus Prime's actual strength, and not derived from the Matrix.
>>
>>15178457
>Shapeshhift into heads.

Maybe in the american rebirth/season 4

those my dear anon are god masters. they become the engine blocks that power the transtector body. Which for some of the bots is a lifeless shell controlled by humans.
>>
>>15175152
pretty sure optimus throw a fucking tanker to megatron in the show
>>
>>15175152
As far as the G1 cartoon went, conventional earth weaponry don't seem to do too much damage, even to a regular mid-size Transformer. A direct hit from an earth missile might just do some minor damage to a Decepticon wing. And the Autobots have been seen ripping through (stationary) jet fights like so much paper.

They've displayed great strength for their size but not especially superb speed (in non-vehicle mode and excluding Blurr).

That said, unless you start including the Japanese Post-G1 G1, the TFs as a whole are still pretty low on the super mecha power level totem pole. I'd put them above Veritechs due to durability and alien weaponry but below non-fodder Gundams, which far outsize them anyway.
>>
>>15179559
GIGANTIC TFs like Metroplex and Trypticon are relatively powerful due to their sheer size.

Masterforce Black Zarak could create micro-black holes, Buster & Hydra can move so fast that they can't be seen (they claimed they were going at light speed but that's probably just hyperbole) and God Ginrai could survive and break out of said micro black hole. The Powermasters also have regeneration and TK powers. The Victory crew have showned immense destructive power as they destroy a myriad of huge McGuffins.

You can probably start putting them in Super Robot territory, although they're kinda small for Super Robots.
>>
Metroplex, fortress maximus, Scorponok, do you count Unicron?
>>
File: 12223.jpg (179KB, 1000x722px) Image search: [Google]
12223.jpg
179KB, 1000x722px
>>15175152
Read tech specs
>>
>>15179570

Well they are Super Robot Lifeforms, according to Japan, anyway.
>>
>>15179559
>Veritechs

You're fired.
>>
File: Transformers_Mode_Eva_ch_1.jpg (293KB, 960x679px) Image search: [Google]
Transformers_Mode_Eva_ch_1.jpg
293KB, 960x679px
Remember the time that they ended up in Tokyo-3, Starscream's ghost merged with Sachiel, and Optimus had to open the Matrix to fuse with Eva-01 to beat him?
>>
File: Transformers_Mode_Eva_ch_2.jpg (309KB, 960x679px) Image search: [Google]
Transformers_Mode_Eva_ch_2.jpg
309KB, 960x679px
>>
File: Transformers_Mode_Eva_ch_3.jpg (384KB, 960x679px) Image search: [Google]
Transformers_Mode_Eva_ch_3.jpg
384KB, 960x679px
>>
>>15182386
WHAT.

That's actually a thing?
>>
File: Eva-optimus.jpg (73KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Eva-optimus.jpg
73KB, 800x600px
>>15182820
Yep! It was all done to release this guy and cash in on the other franchise.
>>
>>15179559
>>15179570

Where G1 really surpasses the likes of Gundam is in terms of their technology. Space Bridges can literally move planets, like the arc where Cybertron was brought into Earth's orbit and generally fucked up the planet (yes, that's where Michael Bay got it from). The Plasma Energy Chamber is basically the Moonlght Butterfly on steroids; it causes mechanical technology to explode violently and makes nearby stars go nova.
>>
G1 is 80s writing strong. Look at what Menasor's punch does here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0TlZ6VXm9s
>>
>>15183798
Devastator should have responded by saying like "Devastator Brutalize Bruticus"
>>
>>15182386
no i wanna forget that crap fucking evangelion ruining everything
>>
>>15179324
i fucking love that episode. optimus got really piss
>>
If the Cybertronians crashed on a Gundam universe Earth, they will scan the mobile suits/armors and then mass-shift to be the appropriate size.
>>
>>15185508

This actually looks good. It still has that 80s mecha aesthetic.
>>
File: face_ripping.jpg (188KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
face_ripping.jpg
188KB, 1920x1080px
>>15182343
>He would be a more efective military commander if he were more ruthless, but then he wouldn't be Optimus Prime.
>>
>>15185508
It wouldn't do much though, they just copy the look, their weapons stay the same
>>
File: dem lips.gif (781KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
dem lips.gif
781KB, 480x270px
>>15179181
>Yes. That's Megatron with a phallus-tongue. Tormenting someone who is of legal age, but designed to be a loli.
The ONE time I need the Kelly "sickos" image, I can't find it. This will have to do.
>>
>>15179181
>Kiss Players
But how powerful are they all kissed up?
>>
>>15187142

You don't watch or read Transformers much, do you? All Cybertronians retain their power no matter what altmode they copy. They are powered by Cybertronian, not Earth, tech.

This is most obvious in the cartoons/anime and comics that are based on G1. This is also apparent in Micron Legend, Superlink, and Galaxy Force.
>>
I think G1 Megatron's fusion cannon can punch a hole in Gundam W's gundanium armor.
>>
>>15187368
>All Cybertronians retain their power no matter what altmode they copy.
I'm quite sure that's what he meant by "their weapons stay the same".
>>
>>15187378

A lot of hand-held or mounted Cybertronian weapons are much more powerful than mobile suit/armor weapons.
>>
File: Tanker_throw.jpg (56KB, 567x379px) Image search: [Google]
Tanker_throw.jpg
56KB, 567x379px
Here's Optimus Prime lifting a sunken oil tanker
>>
>>15179083
>The Godmasters, like Ginrai and Minerva, wind up becoming some sort of engine block that shoves inside the unit and they "become" the Transector mindless robot body.

Minerva isn't a Godmaster. She's a Headmaster Junior, meaning she transforms into the head of her transtector.
>>
>>15179321
Yeah, that's right. Sorry, been a while since I watched it. The Juniors do turn into heads at least. >>15187615
>>
Megatron
>>
>>15179181
I wonder why tfags get so upset over something this innocuous.
>>
File: welcome_to_4chan.jpg (71KB, 425x567px) Image search: [Google]
welcome_to_4chan.jpg
71KB, 425x567px
>>15189321
no clue. i thought everyone on 4chan aren't afraid of lolis

i mean there's even more degenerate stuff in Nagai or Shirow's works but somehow loli kissing robot is over the line

what's up with that
>>
>>15175152
If they were going all out then just one faction of the war would probably completely steamroll any time period in UC. Some of the more powerful weapons can do the same, if not more, damage to a planet than your average Gundam colony drop. So they wouldn't even have to show up, they'd just have to fire at Earth, colonies, whatever from outside the solar system, maybe even from the other side of the galaxy. They wouldn't even need to bother with a weapon, just use a space bridge to hurl a planet larger than Earth at Earth and they'd win without even showing their faces.

You're talking about a civilization that has colonized the galaxy, and did it millions/billions of years ago, meanwhile Humanity in most Gundam settings has trouble just getting out to the further planets in their home system.

Save for maybe Setsuna, his Mobile Suits, and their Quantum bullshit (Granted I haven't seen that series myself and only know about all that second hand) I can't think of anything any Gundam series can pull out that might stop the Transformers. I'm sure someone's going to mention Turn A and the nanomachines in that, nanomachines are nothing new to Transformers and they have defenses against them.
>>
>>15187368
I'm not completely sure on that. The Marvel comics made it seem that many tranformers were more prone to damage in vehicle mode, specially if they turned into cars.
>>
>>15189399
Not that anon but I would imagine a car would have less room for armor than something like a tank, jet, or other military vehicle. But I'm assuming by "more prone to damage" you mean from the weapons of other transformers.
>>
>>15189408
No, I mean by anything. Even a car crash could seriously fuck them up.
>>
>>15175152
>Objectively speaking, how powerful were G1 Transformers?
Sure, but... how would you measure it?
>>
>>15192961
tons, joules, watts, etc
>>
>>15189343
Well, if we were talking Cybertronian technology, then yeah, the TFs outclass Gundam in sheer destructive potential. The TFs themselves aren't necessarily a huge threat, simply because of their relative small size vs Gundams.

If the TFs were just after genocide though, they've got loads of mcguffins which do that. From Solar Needles to Space Bridges.

If we count Unicron, which we don't, but if we do, then that's one Transformer with whom the Gundams might experience some difficulty with.
>>
>>15175152
Megatron is my waifu
>>
>>15198233
>Megatron retreats.
>Starscream declares HE is now your waifu.
>>
>>15179302
>>15182343
There it is.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.