[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking back at Den-O

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1.jpg (10KB, 232x217px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
10KB, 232x217px
10 years after, how do you think of Den-O? Would it be popular if it were to be released today?
>>
>>15170423
Seiyus and le ebin silliness are still popular in japan so yeah, it would.

As for the show, it has likable characters, the imagin are great when they get serious and yuuto's plot was creative even if not handled very well. The designs are kinda lacking with sword form being one of the worsts main suits. Rod and axe are good though.
>>
File: g-n-13den-02.jpg (49KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
g-n-13den-02.jpg
49KB, 400x300px
I'm convinced the show's ending wasn't what they had in mind when the show began.

Everything became a clusterfuck of what the hell is going on, only exacerbated by the movies and the fact Takeru Satoh isn't allowed to be Ryotaro again.
>>
>>15170423
Den-O kicked off the whole hyper happy colorful phase kamen rider's been stuck in since.

the pre-Den-O shows had a bit more serious tone to them.
>>
>That feel when you'll never have a dubbed/localized Den-O with Robin Williams as the voices of all the Rider Imagins.

I can't process this feel.
>>
>>15170486
>Robin Williams
I can't imagine that having gone well. He kind of only has one voice. It'd be very confusing.
>>
>>15170515
>Not having watched Good Morning Vietnam.
>Not having watched the Law and Order SVU episode.

The guy had enough range to do at least 4 different voices. He could've probable imitated the style and tone of the Japanese ones pretty well.
>>
File: Kamen.Rider.Den-O.full.1295624.jpg (80KB, 800x464px) Image search: [Google]
Kamen.Rider.Den-O.full.1295624.jpg
80KB, 800x464px
>>
File: 1468552499613.gif (32KB, 402x347px) Image search: [Google]
1468552499613.gif
32KB, 402x347px
>>15170449
>isn't allowed

Really? i thought he just didn't want to now that he has other stuff outside of kamen rider.
>>
Fun series. Subpar designs, somewhat good plot/setting
>>
It overrated as hell.
I admit I found it funny when I first watched it as a kid, but after a few years I revisited it and... yeah, pretty bad.
At least Kiva had good actors and good designs.
>>
That faggot dragon ruined the show for me. I just couldn't enjoy it any time that useless shitcunt was in frame.
>>
>>15172878
Much like Shotaro, his agent probably tells him he's too old for the role.
>>
>>15173619
My only problem with him is those times where hill just start pointless fights over stupid shit. I love his dancing focus, I like he's the carefree energetic one, and I like what he does with gun form but when ever he show's up just to be insufferable it makes it harder to like him as much you want to
>>
>>15170423
Head still looks like a bra.
>>
>>15170423
Apparently the riders were much smaller 10 years ago than today.
>>
I heard there was a blu-ray set coming which hopefully means that we finally get some decent subs for the show. I watched the TV-N subs and I did enjoy the show overall. I need to rewatch the show but I'm not sure I can sit through the pixelly mess that is TV-N's encoding process.
>>
>>15177346
just get bunny-hat raws
>>
>>15177360
Oh, I didn't know there were raws out. Thank you, sir.
>>
>>15177364
they've released raws for mostly every rider
>>
>>15177371
I knew that was true for newer shows, I just wasn't aware that it went back that far.
>>
so is that old man still forgotten in time?
>>
>>15170423
>Den-O

It was a good show, but I will never forgive it for changing Kamen Rider from grimdark to wackyzany.

(thank goodness for KR Amazons)
>>
>>15177445
Have you forgotten how zany Kabuto was which preceded it?
>>
>>15177479
Kabuto was no less zany than Hibiki, Blade or 555.

Kabuto lacked focus, sure, but it wasn't sugarhappy hyper children-targeted like Den-O and everything that followed.
>>
>>15177479
A show that begins with trying to find what is basically the aliens from Invaders of the body snatchers and finding corpses on the way suddenly replaced with a time-travelling train borded by men in costumes acting silly, that's a bit of a shift don't you think?
>>
>>15170449
Yeah, sometimes it feels like they add Kai just because every Rider shows need a face actor villain to be different from Sentai. Kai should've been a special Imagin that can disguise himself as human.

>>15172878
Takeru Sato himself still love his Den-O role, it's just his agency won't allow him to return because he's a big name now.

I remember in 2011 when the tsunami hit Japan and Teruaki Ogawa (Kakuranger's Ninja Red) made a Twitter about many toku alumni send encouragement to children around Japan, Sato made one message too via his blog, but sometimes later his agency deleted it.

This year marks 10 years of Sato's acting, and they made cardboard display of most Sato's character in an event (forgot the link, sorry), including Ryotaro Nogami, no Den-O suit of course because copyright. But still I don't think he will come back till he's a bit older.
>>
>>15170603

Even if they called him for the job, he would decline. His vocal folds are not what they used to be before his neck snapped.
>>
>>15170449
Pretty sure the entire show wasn't what they had in mind. They never even discussed what was behind the Imagins showing up in 2007 until well past Sakurai's introduction, so it stands to reason that they were just happy making it a monster of the week format with no clear goal in mind, until one of the producers decided that they needed one.

>>15175751
Pretty sure Takaiwa hasn't really changed in size all these years. He probably keeps a strict regimen to make sure that he stays a reasonable (or at least average) size so that he can at least be of a comparable size to each year's Rider.
>>
>>15177445
>It was a good show, but I will never forgive it for changing Kamen Rider from grimdark to wackyzany.

Word. I like the show — the whole drama with Zeronos was enough of a plot to keep it compelling, even the filler episodes had heart, the Imagin were genuinely amusing even though some of the jokes fell flat (or were badly translated), and Kai really brought the fourth quarter together — but boy did it fuck up the franchise. The only thing I really didn’t like in the show itself was Ryūtaros, and even he had his moments.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.