[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which autist would win?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 275
Thread images: 45

File: 0IWGXnI.jpg (528KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
0IWGXnI.jpg
528KB, 3264x1836px
Which autist would win?
>>
>>15170107
All I can say is that OP would loose
>>
IBO Gundams can tank anything that a 3rd Gen CB Gundam can throw at it and S1 Setsuna is a laughably shit pilot (who only got marginally better in S2), so Mika skullfucks him with ease with his mighty manlet dick.
>>
>>15170116
GN composite armor can also handle whatever the IBO suits can throw at it, they were shrugging off railguns and large calibre artillery shells in the show

the real question is whether nano-laminate can be cut through since it can't be melted or burnt easily

GNshit is ridiculous to the point where particles both sharpen the blade and can add and subtract weight for easy swinging and hard impact, as well as just become even sharper by glowing

I don't doubt that full autist mika can outfight setsuna
>>
>>15170140
>the real question is whether nano-laminate can be cut through since it can't be melted or burnt easily
It was literally burned off with napalm.
>>
>>15170140
I could see mika ripping arms and swords away from setsuna. GN particles have plenty of benefits but barbatos' ahab drives seem to give it plenty of muscle power.
>>
>>15170107
We don't know yet. In the same way you don't see Setsunas final form until tomorrow the end of the series we won't see Mikas final form until the end of the story. His reaction speed is already faster then people can see so it might be on par with the GN.
>>
Trans-am.

Why are people even considering Mika would win against any GN suit? Free nearly human movement, impervious to ballistics, radar jamming, etc
>>
>>15170582
we're talking S1.
If you really want to get into endgame pilots, then Setsuna would destroy Mika either way.

>>15170565
Trans-Am coupled with the fact that Exia can stay in the air indefinitely, while Barbatos can only zip around the ground and boost jump.
>>
>something that can fly vs melee based ground unit

hmmmm
>>
>>15170656

Would you really want Mika throwing a giant hammer at you while you're mid-fight?
>>
File: Wakarimasen lol Sumeragi.jpg (37KB, 614x612px) Image search: [Google]
Wakarimasen lol Sumeragi.jpg
37KB, 614x612px
>>15170677
Now Setsuna has a hammer
>>
>>15170107
I think the mostly dead inside one would lose to the slightly dead inside one because he is mostly dead
>>
Mika is skilled as heck while S1 Setsuna is shown to be bad to average but

Come on

Exia is practically a God compared to any suit seen so far in IBO. It isn't even a contest.
>>
>>15170681

>Setsuna throws the hammer back
>Mikazuki catches it
>cycle repeats eternally
>>
>>15170690
>Annual Company-Wide Earth-Shattering Event
>Kudelia declared Worthy
>hammer now too heavy for Setsuna or Mika to lift
>awkward silence
>GN Sword III and Sword Mace are unzipped
>>
>>15170116
>This is what IBO fags want you to believe
>>
Exia. the Exia's armor can tank whatever barbatos throws at it. While the exia's beam rifle ( and possibly beam sabres) it could still do damage with it's gn sword.

Not to mention, the exia can fly indefinitely. The barbatos has limited propellant.

Also if shit get's serious, trans am.
>>
>>15170107
I haven't seen either yet, but Barbatos has too many exposed parts. Exia could literally just fly in and grab his spine and rip it out or cut it with a laser sword.
>>
Hang on. Nano laminate armor is supposed to have anti-beam properties isn't they? How would GN particles get through that? Doesn't that put Barbatos at an advantage considering that beam sabers could slice right through S1 00 suits?
>>
Gundams in 00 are basically Super Robot, pilot skill hardly matters. The only other Gundams that could compete are late-UC Newtype death machines like Nu and Unicorn, or G Gundam shit.
>>
>>15170779
As shown in 00, non-GN beam sabers don't really do much against their armor.
GN Particles don't react like normal lasers, and are even capable of causing biological damage to their victims.
>>
>>15170788
v Gundam, Sazabi and Unicorn aren't late-UC but mid-UC though.
The quasi-unfinite energy and weightlessness granted by the GN drive is indeed pretty super-robot-y, the only thing good about those is that at least we didn't have to go through the obligatory "oh no I must adapt to fight into space/earth"-episode.
>>
>>15170107
Setsuna because he actually became Gundam.
>>
>>15170107
Exia, Barbatos only fights weak mobile weapons with the weakest beams
>>
>>15170188
what episode was that?
>>
>>15170779
just like mika did with his sword, setsuna could go for the joints

the barbatos also has no armor at certain sections like the exposed piston midsection and the rear of its legs
>>
>>15170107
Setsuna, hands down. As in pointing down and simply sniping Mika. Even in Melee he'd have the advantage in Exia compared to any Barbatos, except maybe Rex with its tail.
That said, if Mika managed to ambush Exia he'd definitely do some damaged before getting countered. I'm sure Barbatos has more to give with the AV, especially as Rex.
>>
>>15170686
To be fair Mika has a direct machine interface which would no doubt make piloting the mech much easier especially if the AV system assists the brain in piloting.
I haven't watched IBO so I don't know exactly how the AV system works.
>>
>>15171066
It's like the brain interface thing that most gundam series has except it has the edgy requirement of surgically grafting an nanomachine-based interface onto the spine that sticks out like an ugly skeletal growth and the surgery success rate is higher in younger children

the pilot's chair has a cord that plugs into the spine interface, and allows the pilot to use his brain to process data coming from the mobile suit. there's still manual controls, so it's not like the pilot controls it exclusively with his brain, it's an assist that lets him move the machine more like an extension of his body so the end result is human-like movement and awareness instead of moving levers and pedals and staring at a monitor all the time
>>
>>15171095
oh, and I forgot about other stuff like the mobile suit being able to send a visual feed through the eyes to the brain so the pilot sees what the machine sees from a first person perspective, so it's not just a brain interface but one of the closest things to "become one with the gundam" so far

and I can't be certain, but perhaps voice commands? or maybe mika is just saying it as he's thinking the command in his mind so it turns on the visual system for him
>>
>>15171095
>Be able to flawlessly merge the abilities of humans and AI
Can other pilots even compete in the show?
>>
>>15171120
I'd imagine that there'd be some muscle memory thing where the brain giving a command makes the mouth reflexively activate.
>>
>>15171120
RETINAL PROJECTION

Goddamn thats cool, too bad they forgot about that in the rest of the series.
>>
>>15171095
>It's like the brain interface thing that most gundam series has
What Gundam series have this? I'm a complete gundam newfag and the only one I've seen is first season 1 of 00 and most of the second season.
>>
>>15171202
Biocomputers in late UC
>>
>>15171185
Grunts are so low they're pretty much dead dead as soon as the Gundam is in range. Named characters usually compete on the basis on having a stronger than average mobile suit and decent reflexes that are still good enough so they can carry on a fight for a while, or at the very least they don't just get knocked out in a couple of seconds by AV-equipped Gundam pilots.

Also when the main character turns the AV system's dial up to 11, he can bring out the full performance of the Gundam but it runs the risk of the feedback crippling him. At the end of the first season he resorts to it to take down another Alaya Vijnana freak machine and his right arm becomes permanently paralyzed in normal use unless he's hooked up to the Gundam again. A couple of episodes ago he uses it again to take down this AI-operated mobile armor in a brutal fight and basically becomes crippled from the neck down, unless he's plugged into the Gundam's AV system.
>>
>>15171202
In UC Gundam which is the main Gundam universe, they develop a man-machine interface called the psycommu that allows special snowflake psychic people called newtypes to remotely control weapons and eventually pilot entire machines using their special snowflake brainwaves.

There's something similar in 00 where certain people have "quantum brainwaves" and they have similar abilities. GN fangs and other weapons like that seem to be mainly computer controlled, but people with quantum brainwaves can apparently also manually control them better than those without. I'm not sure, but they might have some system in the 00 movie where they can control the mobile suit with quantum brainwaves, but I forgot.
>>
>>15170107
barbatos
>>
>>15171214
His left arm still works, so I wouldn't say he's completely crippled. I wonder if he'll just turn into a vegetable if he's not plugged in if he does it again.
>>
>>15171185
The human-like aspect of piloting can actually be a drawback; in one of the early episodes, the character we're pretty sure is the end-game boss surmises that the MC has the AV system based on his movements and a lack of awareness of the actual design of the suit. To be more specific, the pilot naturally protects areas where their organs would be, but doesn't prioritize critical systems that are placed elsewhere, which in this case had been the thrusters.

It's also worth mentioning that the AV system is pretty different between the Gundams and the regular suit in terms of feedback and features; we're unsure as to whether or not there's a superior level of control. At the very least, the more implants an individual has, the more closely they can align with the system. Most of the AV users in the show have a single whisker while the MC has three.
>>
>>15170779
Nope. It has anti-particle beam properties. "Beam" sabers are actually confined plasma, no beams involved. They'd melt right through Nano-Laminate. Not that it matters. Most of Exia's weapons are solid vibroblades that just use GN particles to superheat them. They'd tear apart Barbatos like it was made of paper.
>>
>>15172866
I think he might just become Gundam. The way mobility is returned if he's plugged into the Alaya-Vijnana suggesrs that he's not so much brain damaged as it is the Gundam replacing his brain function. His motor centers have migrated from slow biological processors to fast electronic ones. If it keeps going, Barbatos might just absorb Mikazuki entirely.
>>
>>15175217
Isn't this the exact same reason as why I-field can't block beam sabres for that matter?
>>
>>15175711
>I-field can't block beam sabres
But they can. Unicorn Episode 7 has the Unicorn's I-field shield blocking the Banshee's beam saber.
>>
>>15170107
Even if nano-laminate armor is beam-resistant, it can still be melted. I still believe GN particle beam weapons could punch straight through though.
Setsuna does't even have to get up close. He could just float around and shear off parts of Barbatos from midair. Mikazuki would really have to make some tactical advantages for himself for this to work.
>>
>>15170107
In a mobile suit fight with their own units? The Exia and 00 Raiser are both much, much more powerful than the Barbatos variants. I'm not even going to include the Qan[T] in this discussion, since you'd need at least a Turn A to stand a chance against that beast. Setsuna wins any fight against Mika due to overwhelming technological superiority.
If it was a mobile suit fights with two equally powered suits, like GMs? If we're taking S1 Setsuna without his Innovator bullshit, even without the AV Mika seems to have better reactions and overall piloting skill. S2 Setsuna would start casting some wacky quantum brainwave magic though.
If it was a fistfight? Setsuna is physically fit and very well trained, but ultimately I think Mikazuki just has better experience in that field.
>>
>>15175717
I haven't watched (all of) Unicorn...
But then, isn't the Unicorn some sort of top of the pops mobile suit? She is hardly a representative of typical technology (I think the Banshee ain't either but well).
>>
File: Chronicle's death.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Chronicle's death.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>15175711
>>15175774
I-field can block beam sabres. Amuro was able to take down the Big Zam with a beam sabre because he activated it while inside of the Big Zam's I-field's radius. Marida's Kshatriya was able to block a beam sabre slash when it was dueling the Unicorn at the beginning of OVA episode 2.

If an I-field blocked all beams, then it would also block beams fired by the machine being protected by the I-field. Beam sabres are able to clash, parry, and repel other beam sabres because the I-fields holding each beam sabres' plasma is what's actually clashing. If it was only the plasma coming into contact with other plasma, then the plasma would just mix and combine.

In Victory Gundam, Uso exploits that fact by holding two beam sabres together and combining the plasma for an extra long beam blade. At the end of the series, he combines his forearm beam shields with the wings of light to pull them forward to act like a giant protective beam "cloak". I assume he can manipulate the beam sabre and beam shield I-fields because they are controlled by his machine and can be adjusted or something.
>>
>>15175800
>Marida's Kshatriya was able to block a beam sabre slash when it was dueling the Unicorn at the beginning of OVA episode 2.
>>
>airdash anime fighter vs 3d weapon fighter

THEY TEAM UP TO END CHILD EXPLOITATION
>>
>>15171233

The AV system seems more complete and to give a greater degree of control than psycommus, bar the neo-psycommu in the Rafflesia at least. The ones in use from the One Year War up through Char's Counterattack mostly seem to be something to slightly ease the pilot's burden by stream-lining things a little, rather than allowing out-right psychic control of anything but bits/funnels. I don't recall if there was any in Victory, though I think the Angel Halo used one of some kind. Iron Mask could control the Rafflesia entirely by thought alone if I recall, as can AV pilots from what I saw in season one (haven't watched two).
>>
>>15171202
In the UC timeline there's a psycommu thing that allows newtypes to basically use their psychic powers to control machinery. It's taken up a notch with the Unicorn Gundam series, with the Unicorn and its sister units having a Newtype-Destroyer (NT-D) mode that unleashes the psychoframe built within its frame to maximum potential, allowing the pilot to control both the suit, some shields that don't even have thrusters, and the mobile weapons of other mobile suits.
>>
>>15177427
>The AV system seems more complete and to give a greater degree of control than psycommus
I mean, the NT-D on the RX-0 units are 100% brain-control. It just has a 5 minute timer to it, and that timer kinda goes away once the awakened Newtype unlocks green psychoframe.
>>
>>15177454

I forgot about Unicorn to be honest. Does the timer go away if the pilot gains full control as signified by turning the psycoframe green? Or was it only Banagher via the even greater control he gained via becoming a newtype God?
>>
Could IBO tech stand on equal terms with non-GN technology of 00? They do have mass produced linear weapons and sonic blades among the advance energy systems that get thrown to the wayside once everything converts to GN technology.
>>
Panel lines would win
>>
>>15175800
>>15175812
I stand corrected then, thanks for the informations.
>>
>>15177483
Flags and Enacts seem to be as maneuverable as IBO mobile suits, and have better flight ability. Their railguns might not scratch nano laminate armor, but I imagine the Flag plasma beams could melt through. Tierens get fucked though.
>>
>>15177462
>Does the timer go away if the pilot gains full control as signified by turning the psycoframe green?
Nobody knows. While Unicorn basically stayed in NT-D after Banagher awakened and crystallized the psychroframe, the Banshee still had to transform back and to from Unicorn Mode.
>>
>>15177781
I doubt that the nano laminate armor provides protection against the railguns anymore than against normal ballistic rounds.
>>
>>15175217
This is erroneous reasoning. Particle beams fire a stream of high energy particles that make them basically exotic kinetic energy weapons that fire sub-atomic particles instead of say iron slugs. However, a particle beam weapon will also have the benefit of causing exotic reactions when the particles collide with matter, resulting in the production of radiation. Plasma weapons similarly fire plasma to deliver heat to the target and produce damage through thermal transfer. There are no energy beams (any form of EM radiation) in the mechanism of damage of either.

The anti-particle beam properties of nano-laminate armor most likely relies on magnetic field (potentially a byproduct of the Ahab wave messing with gravity) to diffuse the beam away from the target (disrupting the confinement of the particle beam) to protect the suit, which is what we see when Ride gets hit by the mobile armor and the beam diverts all around him.

As to GN beams vs nano-laminate, considering GN beams are able to "adhere" to themselves when sufficiently condensed it is unlikely nano-laminate armor would be able to divert the beam.
>>
>>15178465
Even then, the big thing with IBO suits are the exposed parts of the frame. I just keep wondering how a beam rifle shot, much smaller than Hashmal' beam, would work if it were aimed at the exposed sections. Like, does the beam have to hit NLA to be diffused or is it any part of the body? Smaller shots from beam weapons may do the trick then so long as they don't hit the NLA.
>>
>>15170116
Nanolaminate Armor can block particle beams, but GN Particles are a whole new breed of physics-bending science hacks. GN beams and blades can only be stopped by GN composite armor or a GN Field, and eat through anything else.
>>
>>15177795
Railguns dont do anything in IBO either. Essentially all gun type weapons seem to be the equivalent of a pistol shooting a tank or knocking back the mobile suit but not damaging the armor.
>>
>>15178748
Except if they're used by Mikazuki. He's been shown to take out MS with his arm-guns. Hell, just look at today's episode and you'll see this.
>>
>>15178748
Umm, rail guns are explicitly the biggest gun in the IBO verse, the large scale ones used by Flauros are illegal due to their power.
>>
>>15178717
Well if it's a field then the entire mobile suit should be protected regardless of where the armor is.
>>
>>15170779
No, it has zero anti-beam properties. It's total BS that IBOfags boast about for muh power levels.
>>
>>15178774
From what McGillis said, it would seem that the dainsleif with those spear rounds is technically what's banned.

>>15178728
The Flag's sword stopped Eins's quite effectively.
>>
>>15178465
>potentially a byproduct of the Ahab wave messing with gravity
Wait, what?
>>
>>15178852
The Flag has plasma swords, not physical ones.
>>
>>15178774
>>15178852

It's specifically the ammunition they (Used to) use, not the railgun in general. It's made of the same stuff as MS frames and basically pierces right through even nano-laminate stupidly easily. The Flauros railguns used to be loaded with them as well but Tekkadan replaced it with regular railgun rounds.
>>
>>15178867
The point is that there's some aspect of conventional physics that interacts with 00's beam fun, so you don't necessarily need GN tech to block it.
>>
>>15178852
Yes, a metal projectile as would normally be in a rail gun. The Flauros used the rail gun to deliver a conventional warhead, essentially turning it into a highly overpowered accelerator, rather than a proper rail gun. The Dainsleif uses the weapon as intended and you can see that it rather effortlessly goes through everything in its way.

>>15178887
Flauros used a conventional warhead according to McGillis, not another type of rail gun ammo.

>>15178862
Ahab reactors mess with gravity as shown by the artificial gravity that can produce. Ahab waves created from the reactors also mess with communications (radio waves but not laser communication) so the mechanism for messing with gravity has some EM spill over hence "byproduct of Ahab wave messing with gravity"
>>
>>15178852
>The Flag's sword stopped Eins's quite effectively.
I am not sure how it works, but side material suggested Graham's plasma sword(s) almost melted while trying to keep up. That is the reason that he decided to stole Ein's sword.
>>
File: Exia! Penetrating targets.webm (1MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Exia! Penetrating targets.webm
1MB, 854x480px
Anyone have a webm of the 00's first sortie?
>>
>>15178769
No, he was using his arm-guns to either disarm enemy MSs or distract them so he could go in for the mace kills. Ranged weapons in IBO are seen to often be used for blowing up enemy ranged weapons.
>>
What is IBO unit power source? Nuke batteries? Whichever ran out first win I guess
>>
>what would win, a gundam from a high tech universe or a gundam from a laughably low tech universe
Gee OP, I don't know.
>>
>>15179064
A reactor system that can survive more than 300 years.
>>
>>15179094
It wasn't active for 300 years.
>>
File: 00 Gundam first launch.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
00 Gundam first launch.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>15179054
Is there a specific part you want or just the launch sequence?
>>
>>15179211
That bit where he deflects the beam at the last minute.
>>
File: 00 Launch.webm (3MB, 636x360px) Image search: [Google]
00 Launch.webm
3MB, 636x360px
>>15179345
Here's the (almost) full scene
>>
>>15179364
YES
>>
>>15170850

Did Setsuna became a potato to become a gundam?

No, he can still walk and operate just a like normal person, so he's not really becoming a gundam.

Mika, however, paid the price and crippled himself to become one with his gundam, and therefore BE a gundam.

Setsuna is just a poser, a wannabe, uttering "ore wa gundam" like it will magically turn him into a gundam. It wont, and he's not one with his machine. And therefore he's not a gundam.
>>
>>15170107
>pilot
mika>setsuna
>gundam
Setsuna's>Mika's
>>
>>15179376
I thought he became liquid metal and can become all gooey with the 00Q as much as he wants
>>
>>15179376
To be fair, after assimilating with the ELS, Setsuna and the Qan[T] basically share one consciousness, but something separate from the main ELS hivemind.
>>
>>15179376
Innovating and becoming closer to the ideological Gundam is better than some fancy spinal implants.
>>
>>15179376
Thats Mikas fault for not following the correct process of becoming Gundam
>>
File: 00 TDS improvised GN barrier.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
00 TDS improvised GN barrier.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>15179345
>>
>>15179064
Gn drives aren infinite energy.
>>
>>15184166
Yes they are. The GN-Drives will continue producing energy so long as it is functional. Only reason it seems like they are depleted is because of the fact that they are expanding more energy than it is capable of producing. Aka Trans-AM, where it basically poops out all of its stored energy.
>>
>>15184175
And the GN-drive doesn't stop functioning after trans-am, it just reverts to standard or sub-standard efficiency and can't go into trans-am for a while. It's not even a real do or die manoeuver.
>>
>>15184432
>it just reverts to standard or sub-standard efficiency
I thought trans-am used spare particle buildup and running out of trans-am was running out of the built up particles.
>>
>trans am

End of story.
>>
>>15184175
>>15184476
Trans-Am consumes all the particles stored inside the condensers and conduits throughout the body in one burst, so all the capabilities of the mobile suit are reduced until the drive can restore normal particle distribution.
>>
>>15184541
Not necessarily.

Trans-am can be turned on and off, we see it in the S1 finale and throughout S2.
>>
>>15184557
Wouldn't that just mean it stop consuming stored particles?
>>
>>15184175
The proper term would be inexhaustible.

Which already is a leg up on Barbatos's need to consume propellant for boost maneuvering, but that's more to do with the fact that an Ahab reactor doesn't produce propellant as a byproduct of its own operation like a GN drive.

Then again being a localized gravitational anomaly has to pay off in some fashion, right? It's not like Ahab reactors aren't physics-raping superscience powerplants in their own right.
>>
>>15179376
I don't see how that makes a sack of potatoes better than a transcendental metal god alien
>>
>>15170107
Lets break this down by Gundam:
Barbatos:
>Nanolaminate Armor, particle-based beam proof.
>AV connection for seamless pilot interface
>Extreme durability
>High torque output and actuator strength.

Exia:
>GN Drive, allows flight and infinite energy reserve
>GN Composite armor, can only be seriously harmed by other GN weapons.
>GN particles defy physics in magical ways, particles would do something crazy like turn into anti-particles upon hitting the Barbatos' armor, which would punch through like nothing else.
>High mobility joints, strengthened for melee impacts

When you get down to it, Mika could possibly dodge S1 Setsuna's moves and hit the Exia. If he uses the mace, it could damage Exia's internals since I'm pretty sure they dont have GN armor. On the other hand, if Setsuna can accelerate away and stay airborne, and use the GN sword's pistol mode, he should win without much of a fight.
>>
>>15184747
>particle-based beam
>GN particles defy physics in magical ways, particles would do something crazy like turn into anti-particles upon hitting the Barbatos' armor, which would punch through like nothing else.

My problem with this is that it really just reads as "I'm going to use conjecture to load the argument however I see fit."

I don't think there are enough technical details present between IBO and 00 to make a fully informed observation between the former's beam defenses and the latter's beam offense. Hell for all we know they could be incapable of operating within a certain distance of one another due to some sort of clusterfuck of physical phenomena that could only be resolved by a theory of everything.

These are two machines powered by bending over general relativity and quantum mechanics each, after all.
>>
File: IMG_8148.jpg (19KB, 181x182px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8148.jpg
19KB, 181x182px
>>15170597
Those are some weak ass points, man.

The AV system allows human-like movement and reaction time, the Nanolamimate coating not only is beam-resistant but also lessens the impact of ballistics (in some way), they already fight without radar support thanks to Ahab Wave interference, AND Mika can make deal with the devil he pilots and exchange his body for an overall performance boost with an indefinite time limit because of its ass-pull nature.

While I still personally believe Setsuna and the Exia will edge out against Mika and the Barbatos, it will be by no means an easy win and no-brainer as you suggest.
>>
>>15184844
GN Drive tech and Trans-Am still far outclass any PD Gundams in terms of speed or agility. Of course, it's up to debate how easily GN Swords can cut through Barbatos's equipment and armor.
>>
>>15184747
>Nanolaminate Armor, particle-based beam proof.
Its not really beam poof as seen what happened to Ride's Shiden.
>>
>>15184844
00 Gundams don't need an AV system because the 00 MS don't have any mechanical limitation that makes that human reaction time important.

The human reaction time is like 1/6 to 1/4 of a second, it's going to be the smallest latency in the pipeline. The mech taking nearly a second to turn is going to be a much bigger latency, but the 00 MS are speed demons, even the grunts like the Flag, which can accelerate at 12Gs or some shit.
>>
>>15184913
Honestly, it's hard to tell how much speed shown on screen is supposed to be "real" and how much is dramatic effect.
>>
>>15184802
True enough, I based my claim off details in both IBO and 00, where in 00 GN particles went through E-carbon armor like wet tissue paper and was resisted to a degree by GN-Composite Armor.

Having a resistance to beams simply means that your armor can tolerate high temperatures, as all beam weapons work on the principle that the particle stream they generate can superheat armor and shoot through it, as opposed to a kinetic impact. IBO's nanolaminate has been shown to resist re-entry temperatures which reach up to 3200 Kelvin or 2900 Celsius. Hashmal's beam was powerful enough to vaporize canyon rock, which for conjecture's sake can have a melting point of 1200 C counting them as pure silicate. So a GN beam would have to be able to heat the armor beyond its already observed capability. I can guess Virtue or Seravee would be able to do this, given the nature of their armament and raw output.

Also just pointing this out, but we've pit an Angel against a Demon again here.
>>
>>15185012
UC beam weapons (outside sabers) are most definitely kinetic and not thermal. Has there been anything in depth about how GN particle weapons work? I haven't read much of the side material.
>>
>>15185012
Still, nanolaminate only ablates when exposed to and consequently absorbing thermal energy; the Hashmal's beam had a far more exotic interaction what with being deflected.

Though that probably has something to do with how Ahab waves interact with NLA moreso than the NLA itself.
>>
>>15185189
>UC beam weapons (outside sabers) are most definitely kinetic and not thermal
Really? What about the Unicorn's Beam Magnum superheating objects before they explode, for example? Care to explain?
>>
>>15185244
Kinetic interactions still produce heat.
or
Unicorn's bullshit.

Your choice!

Less bitchily, what specific scene are you referring to? Background materials have always gone on about how the megaparticles express their energy as velocity, but they also were talking about conventional beam and megaparticle weapons, not magnums.
>>
>>15184941
Watch the scene again, the gun exploded, but the shiden itself was fine.
>>
>>15185304
>the siden itself was fine
It could barely move afterwards.
>>
>>15179182
Barbatos was serving as CGS' power source.

The Ahab reactor is the equivalent of a GN Drive in Post Calamity Era
>>
>>15185307
It would be interesting to find out how exactly it was damaged (impact, thermal bleedthrough, some sort of interaction with the Ahab waves?), but I expect the answer is "this works for the scene".
>>
>ITT people who don't realize how OP nanolaminate is

>nanolaminate can tank a beam that fires constantly for several seconds and obliterated an entire facility in one shot

>so durable everyone in universe has to resort to beating each other to death with large metal rods also coated in nanolaminate to death to most efficiently defeat other MS

is this s1 barby vs s1 whatever? exia?

If setsuna tries to fight him in melee (and he will because he is a gundam protag)
he gets fucked. Mika is a way better pilot, and has a way better reaction time and speed with AV

otherwise he can just defeat barbatos via death of a 100 papercuts, but its not like mika is just going to stand there and let him take potshots. and unlike setsuna all he need is 1 solid hit to fuck him up
>>
>>15185307
>It could barely move afterwards.

>pulls out a sword and starts beating the AI drones until it gets overwhelmed
>barely could move

lol
>>
>>15185302
Well, whenever the Beam Magnum hit anything, the object would melt into slag before exploding. Take the asteroid the Sinanju was hiding behind, or maybe the Shamblo.
The Beam Magnum's shot was animated as a shot-like pulse though, so maybe the friction caused it rather than the plasma itself.
>>
>>15185390
>and unlike setsuna all he need is 1 solid hit to fuck him up
E-Carbon armor is also durable as fuck, anon. And Barbatos is way more exposed in terms of armor. Realistically, there wouldn't be much opposing Exia going Trans-Am, and just cutting Barbatos in half at its thin waist.
>>
>>15185307
>It could barely move afterwards.

no it was fine, the rodi gets hit head on and isn't even scratched. the only damage it took was it s hand being blown off from the gun exploding
>>
>>15185397
>Trans-Am

wow i forgot about that you're right
>>
>>15170107
>Barbatos vs Exia
You'd need to take away Trans Am and have them both fight melee on the ground for Barbatos to stand a chance, and even then Exia is animated with a lot more fluidity and agility.
>Lupus vs 00
Not even a contest. The 00 Gundam was so much more of an upgrade over Exia than Barbatos Lupus was over base Barbatos. And that's not taking into account the Raiser, which would give it a shitton more firepower, agility, and goddamn teleportation.
>Some theoretical endgame Barbatos upgrade vs Qan[T]
Unless Barbatos randomly upgrades into the Turn A, the Qan[T] can vaporize it and everything else in miles without even blinking an eye.
>>
>>15185218
Right, materials do state that Nanolaminate armor performs better with a stronger Ahab wave, which is why Gundams can take a hell of a lot more beating than other suits. Maybe it works the same way GN Composite does, where charged particles move freely through the armor when the unit goes online.
>>
>>15185189
>>15185302
This is complete fucking bullshit. Absolutely nothing backs that up.
>>
>>15185012
This brings up an unrelated question: Since beams burn through suits, how does Phase Shift armor work? It's immune to physical rounds and can allow a suit to re-enter the atmosphere without aid, but is still vulnerable to beams. How does that work?
>>
>>15185434
>can allow a suit to re-enter the atmosphere without aid
That wasn't phaseshift, that was jesus powers at work
>>
>>15185302
Anon
The Beam Magnum (and all other UC tech) uses mega-particles in their shots. Mega-particles can be explained like this: a normal stream of plasma can be used to cut through metal by melting through it, but can be deflected by a magnetic field. Mega-particles used in beam sabers and rifles are minovsky particles compressed by an I-field shell to the point where they clump together to form a stream of particles too dense to be deflected by a magnetic field, and now with enough energy to melt through most kinds of metal and composite. There is nothing kinetic about this.
>>
>>15185434
Phase Shift simply strengthens the suit's armor through some electrical mechanism. Even physical rounds will eventually drain it if it's an early SEED MS without a nuclear reactor. Beams just drain the PS much, much faster.
The suit reentering the atmosphere was just Jesus bullshit.
>>
>>15185189
UC beam weapons are both kinetic and thermal, but most of their destructive potential comes from their thermal energy. Compressed Minovsky particles are charged with electricity until they transform into super heated mega-particles, which are then streamed through the barrel, which is lined with weak I-fields that compress the shot.
>>
>>15185397
To be fair, the Gundam Frames are made of a "rare and special" alloy, which apparently serves as the basis for the Nanolaminate armor around it. Even if the Barbatos took a beam from the Hashmal head-on, it would still be fine. The trick for Setsuna should be that he should go for the joints with the GN Blade. Exia's OS is Veda-based, far and away more advanced than whatever the Barbatos has. While Mika has a neural connection to his Gundam, Setsuna basically has that Learning Computer from the RX-78 on steroids. It should be able to analyze Mika's movements, predict them, and help Setsuna aim.
>>
>>15185420
Qua[T] was designed for intergalactic communication, and if that failed, intergalactic warfare. It has a portable Stargate, bits, a sword that can turn into one of the largest and most destructive beam cannons in the series, and a full-on Innovator in the pilot seat. If it showed up during the Calamity War, it probably could take on the MAs single-handedly.
>>
>>15185461
>the Gundam Frames are made of a "rare and special" alloy
Source? I don't recall that at all. Not even Gundam wiki mentions that.
>>
File: goodjob.jpg (130KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
goodjob.jpg
130KB, 500x354px
Color me surprised /m/. I thought this thread would be full of IBO-bashing and 00 wank but reading through this it's actually a pretty good discussion on the technology behind the two. Nice work.
>>
>>15185469
The 00 Qan[T] could most likely solo almost all of the final battles of Gundam series, bar maybe Turn A or G Gundam.
>>
File: jegan disaprove.gif (485KB, 364x205px) Image search: [Google]
jegan disaprove.gif
485KB, 364x205px
>>15185461
>To be fair, the Gundam Frames are made of a "rare and special" alloy, which apparently serves as the basis for the Nanolaminate armor around it.
And that totally explains why the original gay muscle Gusion pilot was killed by Barbartos while still in the cockpit.
>>
>>15185487
It might have a hard time against the Neo Zeong. It's entirely dependent on how UC and AD tech react to each other, though. Will the Psychoshard destroy the Qan[T]'s weapons? Is Innovator quantum brainwave bullshit compatible with Newtype bullshit?
>>
>>15185480
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/ASW-G-64_Gundam_Flauros_(Ryusei-Go)

Read the entry for Flauros' Dainsleif railguns. It mentions that the original rounds use the same "rare alloy" as MS frames. I might have been mistaken saying that only the Gundams use this alloy in their construction, but its certainly something to note.
>>
>>15185498
Hmm, I see.. I also recall reading a random comment from a IBO thread that the Dainslef's ability to penetrate nano-laminate armor came from firing nano-laminate ammunition. This is the first that I've heard of "rare alloy", though.
>>
>>15185490
By stabbing a sword made of the same super alloy material straight into the MS neck and through the top of the cockpit?
>>
>>15185431
>>15185446
>>15185460
You folks should update http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Universal_Century_Weapons then, as it's apparently completely wrong even though nobody's taken issue with it in years.
>>
>>15185480
The IBO kit manuals. MS in IBO use some fictional un-named super alloy for their frames. Their physical weapons like barbatos's mace are made from it as well as the banned railgun ammo.
>>
>>15185546
Ugh, I just don't want to deal with Gundam Wiki. There's still asshats that resist changes and will remove edits even when sourced, right?
>>
>>15185564
It's a wiki, so probably. Haven't heard anything about it in a while, though.
>>
>>15185491
If GN particles are unaffected by an I-field, then Setsuna could just teleport a good distance away, then use the GN Sword's buster mode to vaporize the Neo Zeong.
>>
>>15185546
Most of the information there comes from Mark Simmons' own translations of databooks and other official material.
>>
File: Shamblo death.jpg (217KB, 1918x1078px) Image search: [Google]
Shamblo death.jpg
217KB, 1918x1078px
>>15185546
It's so hot it literally vaporizes everything it comes into contact with and reduces the area around the shot to glowing slag. Just friction from high speed particles wouldn't do this.
>>
>>15185491
How stronk is the Neo Zeong anyway. I am basing my purchase of an expensive model kit entirely around whether the NZ or Dendrobium is more powerful.
>>
>>15185596
Neo Zeong is probably one of, if not the most powerful and broken Mobile Armors in UC.

That being said, I like Dendrobium more because its sleeker, and its basically a starfighter piloted by a robot piloted by a person.
>>
>>15185596
Dendrobium is conventional dakka, but Neo Zeong makes wishes come true. The e-caps and e-pacs of the Unicorns' weapons blew up spontaneously when Full Frontal wished for it.
>>
>>15171199
It's still happening for Mika, but we don't get any more first-person POV shots.
>>
>>15185596
I field, beam cannons out the wazoo, incoms, some sort of MS hijacking wire, and a mode that lets a newtype pilot impose his will onto the surrounding area.
>>
>>15185602
I feel you breh. GP03S is sex.

>>15185604
I wonder if I could wish a waifu for myself into existence.

>>15185612
The psycoshard?
>>
>>15185647
Well, the psychoshard is just a massive psychofield that destroys weapons within its radius.
Its real strength comes within its newtype bullshit. It traveled through time (or at least the pilot's mind did) till the death of the universe and back.
Anyway, Neo Zeong would absolutely shit on the Dendrobium. All of the Dendrobium's beams and missiles can be block or shot down by the sheer amount of dakka coming from the NZ. Besides, psychoshard would destroy anything the Dendrobium has in the first place.
>>
>>15185469
Im 100% positive that Qan[t](im not even talking about ELS quant) could solo Tekkadan, all of gjallarhorn, and any of group in IB0 by itself
>>
File: QANT_16.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
QANT_16.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>15185672
A giant beam saber that can scar a planet sized object protected by a planet size forcefield would do that.
>>
File: Children by kiu1023.jpg (146KB, 1280x610px) Image search: [Google]
Children by kiu1023.jpg
146KB, 1280x610px
Screw this endless debate.
How about something we can REALLY reach an agreement on.
Like which shota is the cutest.
>>
File: 001.jpg (1MB, 3026x2145px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
1MB, 3026x2145px
I'm surprised that no one brought up the fact that the S1 suits endured FIFTEEN HOURS of sustained artillery fire.
They are HECKA durable.

Shit like that would ruin the day of any suit in IBO.
>>
>>15185685
>planet sized object
I mean, the ELS probe was closer to the moon in terms of size, but planets that size exist so whatever.
>>
>>15185672
The Qan[T]'s beam saber has been shown to be as powerful as, if not stronger, than the Celestial Being mothership's main cannon. That same main cannon was used to clear out entire battle fleets and asteroid fields. Nothing that any IBO faction has can survive multiple uses of that massive thing.
>>
So after reading this thread, and doing some research, I have made a comprehensive list of the most powerful armors, from strongest to least strongest:

1.) DG-Cell Infused Gundarium Alloy
2.) FE Armor (Turn A/X armor)
3.) GN-Composite Armor
4.) Nanolaminate Armor
5.) Gundanium Armor
6.) Luna Titanium Armor
7.) Phase-Shift Armor
8.) Standard E-Carbon Armor
9.) Super-Hard Steel Alloy Armor
10.) Titanium Alloy (Leo Material)
11.) Windanium
>>
>>15185434
PSA is electrically hardened armor
>>
>>15185699
On the other hand have you seen a mobile suit in IBO go kaboom like it's UC79?

Those things are brick shithouses in their own right.
>>
>>15170107

Better question: Would setsuna just join up with Tekkadan instead?
>>
>>15185944
Did you watch the last episode?
>>
File: 1485066027388.jpg (733KB, 1457x1457px) Image search: [Google]
1485066027388.jpg
733KB, 1457x1457px
>>15186032
No because Tekkadan is a blood thirsty group with no clear goal.

Thanks to Orga and his false promises.
>>
>>15186032
Well, Celestial Being would order him to intervene and stop the warmongering group, but I feel like Setsuna personally would see himself in the kids and want to save them like how 0 Gundam saved him.
>>
Would 00 Gundam(sans raiser) vs Lupus be better?
>>
>>15170107
LMAO setsuna would be jealous that Mikazuki is more of a Gundam than he could ever be
>>
>>15186086

I don't get people saying Tekkadan has no goal. It's like asking what the goal of your social group is.

They're just trying to find a way to live out their days in peace. They live on a planet that will never accept them, so, owning the planet is the only way to change that.
>>
>>15186032
Considering Setsuna tries to distance himself from his child soldier days Mika would probably kill Orga, especially if Orga's trying to pull some speech to rally the troops.
>>
>>15187818
Sorry, I meant Setsuna would probably try to kill Orga. Hell, he'd see Mika as what he was during his time with Ali. Celestial Being's intelligence network would give Setsuna a pretty detailed rundown of Tekkadan's past actions.
>>
The problem is we don't know how good of a pilot Setsuna actually is because the Exia carries him for the first half of the show. He doesn't need to do dick during the interventions because nothing can fucking scratch the gundams, even the 3 nations uniting and bombing them for 15 hours straight, the gundams were perfectly fine. Only the pilots were fatigued. The same problem with the 00, it's just such a strong gundam we can't tell how much of it is setsuna's piloting.
>>
>>15188020
He definitely became a great pilot by time of the movie, considering he was able to fight off GN-powered suits with a customized Flag.
Hell, even before that, in S2 he was able to go against 0 Gundam in Exia R2, and both suits are of somewhat equal power.
>>
Why do people over estimate nanolaminate?
Only two showings of beam weaponry and one wasn't aimed at a MS and the other was Tanky as hell.
And it still damaged the armour for the Shiden and affected some of the systems when getting hit. Does actual significant damage occur when it's a longer duration? Does the shape of Sabres help is penetrating power? What about hitting the frame itself under that armour?
>>
>>15188318
Because overestimating nanolaminate is the only way to make OP's matchup reasonable.
>>
>>15178728
What about an AT field? Would an AT field be effective versus GN weaponry?

And I mean a full-blown Kawaru or Rei AT field. Not some shitty asuka stuff.
>>
>>15188363
AT fields were only penetrated once by the fuckhuge positron gun, and only a few GN weapons can match the sheer destructive output of that. I doubt any small beam rifles/cannons would even scratch an Eva or Angel's field.
Of course, AT Fields are soul-powered, so theoretically the Raiser or Qan[T] can shut it down psychically through Raiser/Quantum Burst and quantum brainwaves.
>>
他人のくれてやった玩具で遊ぶガキ、盗んだ玩具で走り出す子どもだから壊れても気にしないゴミ
>>
>>15170107
Exia would literally curbstomp any IBO suit.

>>15179378
Mika isn't a better pilot. I don't even know why people are rating him so high. The majority of opposition Tekkadan has faced is both inferior in terms of quality in-universe but overall pretty pathetic when compared to the rest of the Gundam meta-franchise skill levels in general.

>Not-Gutts
Pretty shit in season 1.
>Carta
Garbage pilot, underwhelming antagonist, awful villain.
>Captain Planet reject villain guy who originally owned the Gusion
Not impressive either.
>Gaelio
Decent tier I guess as far as IBO goes.
>Chocolate pedo man
Arguably the best pilot in IBO and doesn't even have AV crap.

>>15188318
These fuckers are also ignoring how GN particles literally ignore and invalidate traditional laws of physics.

>makes materials tougher and more durable yet somehow also impossibly lighter
>can be applied and super-coated to to armor and weapons to overwhelm even plasma or beam weaponry including GN tech beam weaponry
>true GN drives don't run out of power
>ever
Then there's stuff like e-carbon and the gen 3 Gundam suits in 00 season 1 just tanking a day's worth of constant bombardment and no-selling railguns propelling anything from 33mm to 200mm caliber weapons at point blank.

People are wanking IBO like no one's business. Hell the Exia can literally dance around any version of the Barbatos, flip and jump around it, however mode, and chop Mika to bits.
>>
>>15188443
You forgot Ein and jobbing hard despite having more AV due to bullshit power up.
He didn't even get any kills, meanwhile we see Debris get slaughtered last ep.
>>
>>15188734
That was just terrible terrible writing. They wanted the impact of character deaths without the consequence, it cheapens the entire series.
>>
>>15188776
Worse thing is that one of the three pilots who survived later dies to some random assassination.
>>
>>15188734
I honestly tried to forget the bullshit about Ein killing Lafter and Azee in season 1's finale. Hell they even replicated the same scene of Lafter's cockpit scene with an enemy pirate MS pilot getting killed by Mika.

Or how the crap with Ein's armored forearm getting "cleaved" by Mika's shitty katana.
>>
>>15189251
They even removed his vice club.
Sure full city has one, but it's not the same.
>Give a man 10 AV spines
>Don't give him a machine designed to maximise it like the Gundams or atleast something not a basic Graze but bigger
>>
>>15189251
>Or how the crap with Ein's armored forearm getting "cleaved" by Mika's shitty katana.
Katanas are the most powerful weapon in Japan. Don't you ever dare forget that.
>>
File: 1316834264019.png (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1316834264019.png
34KB, 400x400px
>>15189577
>>
File: ExiaSet vs EnactPat.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
ExiaSet vs EnactPat.webm
3MB, 720x404px
This thread gave me the excuse to redownload 00's seasons just to make webms from the blu-rays. Thanks /m/.
>>
File: Setsuna's childhood.webm (573KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Setsuna's childhood.webm
573KB, 720x404px
>>15189700
>>
File: Krugis war.webm (941KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Krugis war.webm
941KB, 720x404px
>>15189822
>>
File: Krugis war 2.webm (840KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Krugis war 2.webm
840KB, 720x404px
>>15189840
>>
File: Gundam.webm (977KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam.webm
977KB, 720x404px
>>15189845
>>
File: 0 Gundam.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
0 Gundam.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>15189874
>>
>>15179364
>in close combat, the advantage is MINE
Still makes me laugh.
>>
>>15189461
You say this like the plan was to have him survive.
>>
File: Exia aerial battle.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Exia aerial battle.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>15189874
I like how people keep forgetting the ridiculous speed and agility 00 suits have.
>>
File: Exia aerial battle 2.webm (834KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Exia aerial battle 2.webm
834KB, 720x404px
>>15190056
>>
>>15190034
True.
>>
File: Dynames snipes.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Dynames snipes.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>15190073
>>
>>15190056
It helps to cleverly mask the shortcomings of the animation at times, things happen so fast that they never give an opportunity for the viewer to notice any lingering inbetween frames.
>>
File: Lockon Stratos.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Lockon Stratos.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>15190086
You should rewatch the show, besides that shorthand is done by all animation studios. Hell Sunrise does it even with fucking keyframes a couple times in the Unicorn OVA.

Doesn't change the fact 00 is still visually gorgeous and holds up better after 10 years then Tekketsu does and its a 2016 fucking show.
>>
>>15190091
sunrise learned that people will still watch gundam with shit animation
I bet IBO is one of their cheapest shows and has made money for them
This trend will continue with Gundam imo
>>
File: Hellion downed.webm (1MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Hellion downed.webm
1MB, 720x404px
>>15190094
It didn't happen with G-Reco. That's the only post-00 show to really like just as good.

Hell there are less QUALITY and better animation sequences in general in AGE, GBF, and Try as well. But there's no doubt in my mind that Sunrise is being eroded into another DEEN or Toei at this rate by Bandai's desire to constantly pump out more and more Gundam shows at the cost of quality, animation, and production values to peddle more plastic model kits and figurines.
>>
>>15190091
Dude I'm not saying it's bad or that it's unique to 00, I'm just saying it works to their advantage.

I think it's silly to bring that kind of thing up in a negative context, because at that point it's just being bitchy about the inherent artifice of animation for the sake of being bitchy.

Like those times where people would complain about IBO's use of silhouette-in-the-dustcloud when if anything it fits the rough-and-tumble brickfight style of the show.
>>
File: 1434326534.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1434326534.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>15190106
>It fits the rough-and-tumble brickfight style of the show.
No it doesn't.
>>
File: tight budget.png (1MB, 1000x2179px) Image search: [Google]
tight budget.png
1MB, 1000x2179px
>>15190100
>>15190116
Blame tight budget.
>>
>>15190116
Where's the dustcloud?
Where's the silhouette?

Where is your reading comprehension, shitposter-san?
>>
>>15190127
>post sequence of shitty "sakuga" sequence being garbage
>strawmans
Dumb IBO apologist. You mad doggie?
>>
>>15190121
They had an increased budget in season 2 and fired most of the senior animation staff and the show still looks awful visually. Does anyone else remember so many people defending Tekketsu claiming the new animation director would make a "huge visual impact" in the next season last year?

Also to my knowledge, when was it even said this show has less budget then the shows that came before it?
>>
File: 1334648622092.jpg (24KB, 274x225px) Image search: [Google]
1334648622092.jpg
24KB, 274x225px
>>15190116
Why is the animation so fucking jagged and clunky?
>>
>>15190141
I was jesting since it was poorly animated.
I just watch for the designs.
>>
>>15190148
I think only the vanilla Barbatos, Kimaris, and Vidar are the only suit designs I like in the show. And whatever that red colored suit Pedo Man was using to fight Gaelio at the end of season 1. And vanilla Grazes too.
>>
>>15190116
that was a good fight
>>
>>15190158
It was until that bad animation sequence and Barbatos magically cutting through Carta's man's sword like bullshit.
>>
>>15190163
He didn't cut through the sword, he broke the guy's guard.
>>
>>15190169
It still wasn't a good fight.
>>
File: Kyrios vs Hellions.webm (687KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Kyrios vs Hellions.webm
687KB, 720x404px
2fast2furious
>>
>>15190151
I mostly like grunts.
Hyakuren,Hugo, Grazes, Hyakuri, Rodis, Gerails, etc.
Also that Single Mobile Armour from S2 was great but the fact that they didn't expand on them or add more types is a deal breaker.
Would've made things more interesting than just a poorly done "war is bad" thing.
>>
File: Virtue.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Virtue.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>15190180
>>
File: 1392104080173.gif (582KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1392104080173.gif
582KB, 480x270px
>>15170107
>Barbatos vs Exia?
Depends on the setting since Exia can fly in atmosphere, and Barby cant. But Barby has Better armor likely.

>Barbatos Lupis Rex vs 00 raiser or Quan[t]?
Setsuna easily. He's got GN teleports and much stronger beams than the pathetic ones IBO's mobile armor was shooting.

>Mika vs Setsuna?
Setsuna is probably more skilled in general since he's older. And knows more tactics than just "be brutal" like mika.
>>
>>15190269
Not really all that keen on the belief neo-laminate armor is more impressive then e-carbon or GN particle enhanced armor. Didn't we constantly see Gundams constantly tank 200mm liner-gun caliber weapons and railguns without any visible damage?

I don't think the conventional ballistic weaponry in IBO compares to the futuristic technology in even pre-GN tech 00's AD universe. Hell didn't the AEU and Union both have plasma technology with melee weapons and were working toward beam weapons even before Celestial Being showed up?
>>
>>15190288
I'd say since 00 gundams use beams Barbatos's armor is good against them but that's not to say E-carbon armor with GN particles is nothing to scoff at. Barbatos essentially has better ranged defense against Exia. Melee Exia clearly had the better weapons and mobility.
>>
>>15190321
I don't think the armor in IBO suits is going to work effectively against GN beams just because it diffuses different operating ones in its own universe. We know there's some sort of nuclear fission process since both Elfman and Billy recognized that there's active decay in the photons GN particles give off.
>>
>>15190340
Also how much would the ECM and jamming abilities of GN tech affect IBO mobile suit frames? And someone brought up re-entry but Gundams even in 00's first season can do that by dispersing GN particles to enter the earth's atmosphere.
>>
>>15190288
IBO strongly hints that whatever the Calamity War was, it was absolutely ridiculous as far as tech curves go.

Most of what we see in the show is just the leftover pieces picked up centuries after the end of the conflict, machines that ought to be in museums if not torn apart and scrapped but were so ruggedly built that just a few repairs is all it takes to get them working, and they'll still keep up with and in some respects exceed the performance of present day mobile suit designs.

Lost technology is the key detail here, things that have been or were hoped to be forgotten, because "weapon of mass destruction" probably wouldn't begin to describe their original capabilities.
>>
>>15190370
Ahab reactors cause localized blackouts among other weird things, I think that GN interference isn't going to be a concern.

In fact what I'd be more worried about is just having those two powerplants operating in the same general area and fucking with physics in different ways.
>>
>>15190387
The tech in IBO is completely unimpressive though. Regardless from what we HAVE seen, IBO's tech doesn't really stack up to most of early UC much less AD stuff with exceptions.
>>
>>15190399
>>15190387
I don't think its really fair to compare Ahab reactors remotely with true GN drives. Besides, we base our knowledge of what we've seen and have been shown in the show, not off ambiguity and theories of what pre judgement day IBO was like.

Hell honestly I'd say even AV augmented humans aren't as impressive as Super Soldiers the HRL created, AD having cloning technology, superior infrastructure, solar power energy driven mobile suits, plasma weapons, railguns, WMDs like two Momento Moris that can annihilate small countries to dust, etc...
>>
>>15190512
>superior infrastructure
Nothing is superior to giant trains.
>>
>>15190512
Well here's the question, which is worse: beaming something with Memento Mori, or deploying a Hashmal and watching it gradually exterminate anything and everything in its path?

MM is a strategic use weapon and it's one in a rather lengthy line of space-based fuckthisareainparticular weaponry in the Gundam franchise, but Hashmal screams terror weapon meant to ruin if not an entire planet then at least whatever continuous landmass it finds itself at.

Genuinely curious about this, considering what ultimately stopped the single instance of an active Hashmal in IBO was resident murder midget Mikazuki being suicidal enough to get in close while having Barbatos blast his spine with a high volume of data during its anti-MA maximum overdrive mode.
>>
>>15190627
>death beam from space that nobody on the ground can see coming or prevent
or
>nigh-unstoppable machine programmed to slaughter all humans in its way
It's up to you to decide which is scarier. Here's a catch though - you can shoot a Memento Mori at a Hashmal. But from what we've seen of the Hashmal, it can't do ground-to-orbit combat.
>>
>>15190651
Fair enough, but on the off-chance it survives the orbital strike, it's going to pick itself back up.
>>
>>15190627
To the world governments of 00 Season 1, the Gundams were basically as scary as the Hashmal was to the IBO universe. I mean, 4 high-tech mobile suits powered by magic none of your best weapons can scratch is pretty damn terrifying. Especially since if Veda ordered all Celestial Being members to destroy the Earth's governments, they would have done it.
>>
>>15190677
Each of those Gundams had infinite/endless energy to run, were designed with super advanced tech to fight off entire armies, can literally sustain themselves indefinitely in a war of attrition outside of factors like pilot mental/physical fatigue, and can strike from anywhere and were undetectable or trackable by any electronic means.

Hashmal doesn't compare.

>>15190627
Humanity in AD have fleets of warships in the Earth and space, super quantum computers, and the data capabilities of AV users are really nothing to be blowing out of the water. I'm pretty sure the Exia would've carved that MA into diced pieces.
>>
>>15190760
>super quantum computers

00 doesn't even understand what a quantum computer is to begin with, hell it often throws quantum out and about as shorthand for pixiedust magic.

By the way IBO already has quantum tech what with QCCS, a quantum encryption standard.

Though even that doesn't make sense since AFAIK you don't use quantum mechanics to do the crypto part, you use it for stuff like key sharing where I SHIT YOU NOT SUCH A SYSTEM KNOWS WHEN SOMEONE ELSE IS LISTENING IN ON IT.

Then again quantum computing (and similarly q-crypto) is a very weird and quite frankly horrifying field that exploits and abuses the utter bullshit that is quantum mechanics to perform certain tasks that you can't do within the realm of classical computing.
>>
>>15190839
Nigger who gives a shit, its just techno-jargon to implicate the VEDA computer system is super super fucking duper advanced that its been manipulating political, social and technological progression of the world for centuries since Aeolia engineered it for such a purpose.

Nothing in IBO compares to that shit.
>>
>>15190854
>not wanting to give a shit about QC

I'm not your nigger, boy.
>>
>>15190858
>being autistic about fiction
Shut up, you aren't my pal, kiddo. Now enjoy the sexiness of the Kyrios and Virtue in action.
>>
>>15190864
It's not really autism so much as it is my career-slash-hobby and seeing IBO actually hit a bit closer to an accurate portrayal than 00.

But seriously, if you wanna have a fun time, look up quantum key distribution. It's actually really cool and rather straightforward in why it works.
>>
File: Anfs vs Tierens.webm (1MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Anfs vs Tierens.webm
1MB, 720x404px
>>15190887
>my-career-slash-hobby
Uh huh.
>IBO actually hit a bit closer to an accurate portrayal
Okay. Don't really care though.
>>
>>15190887
>QM
>anything like straightforward
Hard to believe.
>>
>>15191084
In this case all you need to accept is
>measurement affects the signal
>you can't eavesdrop without measuring the signal
>ergo you can't insert yourself as a man in the middle without it being noticed because doing so will naturally fuck up the signal

The hoohah behind these points, yeah it's still hoohah, but at a high level it's surprisingly intuitive for quantum bullshit.
>>
File: Kyrios attacks.webm (770KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Kyrios attacks.webm
770KB, 720x404px
>>
File: Fire frei.webm (112KB, 580x538px) Image search: [Google]
Fire frei.webm
112KB, 580x538px
>>15191119
Yes Battery-kun, it does.
>>
>>15191109
Damn it, man, it's not supposed to actually be pretty straightforward. Now how am I going to bitch?
>>
>>15191121
Don't worry that's what entanglement is for!
>>
File: barbatos dodging.webm (930KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
barbatos dodging.webm
930KB, 1280x720px
>>15190080
I wish IBO did dodging animation half as good as this...
>>
>>15190929
Just look at those standard E-carbon armor withstand artillery shells.
>>
>>15191633
It's probably causing hell for the pilots though. All that force has to go somewhere and I doubt those dinky things absorb that much shock.
>>
>>15191656
It doesn't. Any of the shock or kinetic force is dispersed enough that any remaining energy is rendered at least not-fatal to the pilots.
>>
>>15191656
Compared to what we have today, even non-GN mobile suits are advanced as fuck. I'm sure shock absorption technology would have advanced in leaps and bounds in 300 years.
>>
File: Flag vs Exia.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Flag vs Exia.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Flag is still sexy.
>>
>>15190212
what subs did you dl?
I went with the OZC release, so the subs are a lot more barebones looking.
>>
>>15190613
what about giant trains that go into space?
>>
File: Just like the name says.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Just like the name says.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>15190627
Honestly I think the Memento Mori is worse, merely because as long as you're on the ground, you are utterly powerless to stop it.
Even if the Hashmal is unstoppable, the MM is like a giant FUCK YOU from god itself.

Unless of course you're part of Celestial Being.
>>
>>15190887
Reminds me of the time some anon showed or explained 00 to his econ students, and they claimed the whole world getting together bit was utter bullshit.
>>
>>15191429
Isolated, this really was a weird scene.
I mean what was the point in poorly animating the Barbatos wildly flailing around in space.
>>
File: Exia slaughtering Anfs.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Exia slaughtering Anfs.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>15192228
Thora's
>>
I don't feel like starting a thread just to say this but despite all of its faults, Gundam 00 is the only Gundam show I keep rewatching over and over.
I think highly of the classics, but 00 just gets it right for me.
heck I'm watching it right now
>>
>>15192243
Well, a lot can change in 300 years.
>>
>>15192253
>>15192237
>>15192221
>>15191429
>>15191119
>We will never regularly have shows as visually beautiful or well animated as 00 or G-Reco regularly
It hurts
>>
>>15192243
Eh I think that's one of 00's more optimistic points.

There's a contrasting notion presented in Yukikaze, specifically in the second book, where the idea of Earth unifying in the face of an alien threat is dwelt upon, the realization being that at some point people just recognize the aliens as being individuals of just another nation to interact with, which perpetuates the nation-centric mentality; without someone bearing an Earther identity to lead the people of Earth, it just doesn't seem likely that anyone will think of themselves as a person of the Earth, just a person of their nation in a system of interconnected and interacting nations.

Something something something all about the worldview, I guess. Before we can all come together, we have to accept one another as part of the same tribal unit, which would require expanding the scope from landmass regions to entire planets and onward until it can encompass the totality of our society without outliers, which is kinda a lot to ask of humanity if you're the cynical type. You can't just do that by threat of force, it requires some initiative.
>>
Isn't the Bio-Computer something close to the AV System? Well without spinal spikes or becoming a sack of potatoes?
>>
>>15192912
Bio computer just gives information feedback from the ms. AV does that in addition to allowing you some degree of mental control over the ms varying with your connection level. If anything AV is like the Reuse-P device from Thunderbolt.
>>
>>15192981
AV is closer to being a watered down Cyber-Newtype without the mental/psychic enhancement but with a greater degree of spatial awareness and some form of psycho-frame where the suit becomes more closely an extension of the pilot's self.
>>
>>15193011
I meant more in that it involves a direct hookup and lets you control the MS. Fuck, the manga even has a more direct not-Reuse P device where the MC can plug his prosthetic into the gundam for better control.
>>
>>15192221
I really wish Graham wouldve just let Billy develop a Gundam for him. Hes literally the best pilot on this whole show
>>
>>15194160
What are you some kind of limp-dicked liberal freedom hating lefty commie? Flags are fucking love.

Also Ali and Neil were at least as good as Graham in season 1.
>>
>>15194160
I think that's basically what the Brave is.
>>
File: 1459045880490.webm (3MB, 820x460px) Image search: [Google]
1459045880490.webm
3MB, 820x460px
>>15194160
>>15194191
>>15194212
Sol-Braves are worthy successors of the Flag and Enact.
>>
>>15170107
Barbatos
>>
>>15170140
especially once Setsuna actvates TRANS-AM
Thread posts: 275
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.