[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /m/ think of the Japanese Generation 1 shows?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 51DpznRXlaL.jpg (55KB, 352x500px) Image search: [Google]
51DpznRXlaL.jpg
55KB, 352x500px
What does /m/ think of the Japanese Generation 1 shows?
>>
Shit just like TF
>>
>>15169862
fpbp
>>
>>15169851
Headmasters is okay. At times it's a workable continuation if G1, but other times it leans so hard on shonen tropes that it had might as well be Dragonball. It tries way to hard to push the new characters over the old ones, but the old ones still show up to remind you how useless they are and how much better you liked them.

Masterforce is fantastic. One of the only Tranaformers shows with actual character arcs, and the way that the cast rotates is much more natural than it was in Headmasters. Most of the more memorable characters of this era, God Ginrai in particular, are from this show.

Victory kind of sucks. Star Saber is the only character who is allowed to do anything, from start to finish. There are literally episodes where a new character makes his debut and doesn't get to show off his shit because Star Saber shows up and sidelines them so that he can save the day. Also tries real hard to copy the personalities of original G1 characters without much success. Some cool designs, though, not that you'll see any of them do anything except for Star Saber.
>>
>>15170711
>bumping this shit thread with your shitpost
kys
>>
>>15170733
nice dubs bro
>>
>>15170753
>paying attention to gets
kys
>>
>>15169851
Darn that Soundwave

EEAUUUGH
>>
>>15170772
make me XD
>>
>>15170808
I still love how Blaster and Soundwave's final confrontation of ultimate destiny played out.
>>
>>15170878
It was cool until they both got brought back, exactly the same except for recolored, in the next episodes. Soundwave to Soundblaster is barely even a recolor, at that, going from blue to black.
>>
Masterforce and to some extent, Victory, are like prototype Brave-shows.
>>
>>15170808
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA-MPfrBRAg

QUALITY dubbing
>>
>>15170753
yep, i like him
>>
File: 5454.jpg (49KB, 343x400px) Image search: [Google]
5454.jpg
49KB, 343x400px
Optimus Prime
>>
>>15171473
>QUALITY dubbing
Simply terrible
>>
File: masterforce.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
masterforce.webm
3MB, 480x360px
headmaster was slightly better than season 3. which is bad.

masterforce was good, fillers episodes doesn't feels like fillers at all. plenty of nice animation. both sides have interesting characters.

victory was very formulaic, skipped a lot of episode and the climax feels like regular episode

zone was meh because it's one-shot
>>
>>15171473
>>15182245

I'll always have a soft spot for the Star dub of the 3 TF animes. It's how I was introduced to the shows when they aired on TV here in Malaysia. And you know what, despite the bad acting, some silly lines and using different names (Billy for Blaster, or using the american names for the whole Masterforce cast), it's actually a fairly accurate dub, or at least better than the crabstick HK subs for some anime out there.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.