[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M.S. Saga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: That's no Zaku -- oh wait.png (850KB, 1257x933px) Image search: [Google]
That's no Zaku -- oh wait.png
850KB, 1257x933px
Okay, at first I was turned off by the SD proportions and the story is a steamy turd, but the kitbashing aspects are really keeping me entertained.
>>
This is my GM with Gouf armor and Dom legs. A smooth ride.
I'm not too far in so my parts selection is really limited.
>>
>>15169472
>>15169488
As long as you keep using that shoulder cannon. Shoulder cannons make every mech better.

I've always been somewhat interested in the game, how is it? I don't mind the SD mechs, and I like turn based RPGs.
>>
>>15169472
>I was turned off by the SD proportions
Way to out yourself as a low-powerlevel pleb.
>>
>>15169503
The SD mechs are growing on me. So far I'd definitely suggest giving it a try if you're at all interested. The combat is pretty standard JRPG stuff with customization in both your mobile suit's armor (which affects stats) and what your weapon loadout is.

The only downside is it takes a little bit to get to where you can start customizing your suits.
>>
>>15169472
I honestly found the whole conflict with the Dark Alliance to be rather fun, if not overly simple as a plot. Things start to degrade rather heavily once you get into North America and have to get your hands on the Zeta-tier weapons while getting ready to strike back against Vladi Zarths insurrection, but even then I found the plot could have gone worse. The whole final pursuit to the moon part is alright as well, but many of the fights felt very fillery for the most part.

Frankly the game could have had a better story and could have done more with the whole setting they had.

1. Instead of Tristains group being the only resistance faction on the planet, the remains of the Sky Pirates, Dark Alliance and those who disgree with the totalitarian nature of Vladi Zarth could have formed into an A.E.U.G like faction to resist the reformed Eisengrad army. Joining alongside them, you could liberate cities and also witness the brutality of Vladis regime to further give reason for revenge against him. Hell it could all culminate with the entire planets combined efforts of custom machines to retake Eisengrad.

2. The whole Zarth family members being pawns to Gabriels ambitions could have been expanded upon within the story. For example, the forces hiding out at the Africa shuttle base could come to the realization they are being sacrificed to allow the Machina Sapiens to escape while they are left to fend for themselves planet side. Realizing that he and his entire bloodline are being used as pawns, the Deathsythes pilot begins a full fledged insurrection to retake control from Gabriel and to use the G-systems to build a prospering society for the Zarths to exterminate those who would drive them from Earths surface. A Glemy Toto figure sort. Using the chaos of the infighting, Tristain and his group are able to infiltrate the moon to end the conflict for good.

I dunno, maybe I am just overthinking a really overly basic JRPG storyline for this game. Would be neat.
>>
>>15171989
>, maybe I am just overthinking a really overly basic JRPG storyline for this game
You are. But that's okay because it shows how much you enjoyed it.
>>
>>15172001
I liked it enough to be able to justify to myself that doing the final dungeon was worth it (Holy hell, fuck that final dungeon in Antarctica, especially the Omega and Ultimata Gundams at the end)

Still, it felt like an old fasion JRPG with customizable mechs from Gundam. Before I found out about Sd Gundam G Generation and Gihrens Greed, it was one of the most appealing ideas for a Gundam game to me.
>>
>>15172009
The gundam customization is reason #1 to play this game. It's built on a simple generic JRPG system (with accompanying plot) but it's great to just make custom units and go to town with them.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.